View Full Version : Winter Event Vanities

Haifer
01-03-2014, 05:30 PM
What are they gonna be worth next year around Christmas?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

vogel
01-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Nothing since everyone has them.

Impact
01-03-2014, 05:46 PM
Nothing since everyone has them.
Its prob gonna come back next year...

Kakashis
01-03-2014, 05:47 PM
I wonder more about arlors! If STS decideds to bring these back next year, I know some people that would actually rage quit! I myself don't really care as I can look good for a year at least xD

Energizeric
01-03-2014, 05:55 PM
There are a couple of reasons why last year's xmas vanities are worth a lot:

1) When they were available, vanities were not tradable, so nobody stocked up on extras since at the time it would have been a waste to have extras.

2) Xmas 2012 was only a month after the game was released, and not many people were playing the game yet.

Those 2 factors are the main reason why they are worth so much now. The same reasons are why founders gear is also worth a lot. However, you cannot assume that this year's vanities will be worth a premium next year because neither of these two factors apply anymore. Now players stock up on extras when they know that an item will be discontinued. Just look at how many grimm eggs you see in the auction -- they still go for the same price they went for during the week when they were available for plat.

Kakashis
01-03-2014, 06:02 PM
There are a couple of reasons why last year's xmas vanities are worth a lot:

1) When they were available, vanities were not tradable, so nobody stocked up on extras since at the time it would have been a waste to have extras.

2) Xmas 2012 was only a month after the game was released, and not many people were playing the game yet.

Those 2 factors are the main reason why they are worth so much now. The same reasons are why founders gear is also worth a lot. However, you cannot assume that this year's vanities will be worth a premium next year because neither of these two factors apply anymore. Now players stock up on extras when they know that an item will be discontinued. Just look at how many grimm eggs you see in the auction -- they still go for the same price they went for during the week when they were available for plat.

A very good point! In a way, it's actually pretty neat that STS inadvertantly created very rare vanities for the market! I noticed that the Dev's whenever they're on a rogue account, they visit Arlor with the Green Arlor hat haha! If they ever bring them back, there won't be any truely rare vanities in the game anymore which would also be pretty terrible.

Haifer
01-03-2014, 08:55 PM
New players come everyday and old ones just stop playing and the vanities they have now just sit not being used or sold. When they discontinue and more and more players come and go like I mentioned, won't these become pretty rare?

Zeus
01-03-2014, 09:51 PM
New players come everyday and old ones just stop playing and the vanities they have now just sit not being used or sold. When they discontinue and more and more players come and go like I mentioned, won't these become pretty rare?

It's like you just ignore Energizeric's post, lol.

Will they raise in price? Sure. However, will they go to the prices of arlor and stuff? Maybe in 2 years. xD

Haifer
01-03-2014, 09:58 PM
It's like you just ignore Energizeric's post, lol.

Will they raise in price? Sure. However, will they go to the prices of arlor and stuff? Maybe in 2 years. xD

Nothing we said was even remotely similar.

Ebezaanec
01-03-2014, 10:07 PM
Nothing we said was even remotely similar.

You have got to be kidding me, right?

He was comparing the statistics of last year vanities to this year and also comparing the factors... I think you need to reread the post.

Haifer
01-03-2014, 10:10 PM
You have got to be kidding me, right?

He was comparing the statistics of last year vanities to this year and also comparing the factors... I think you need to reread the post.

No, I'm not. He gave reasons why he thought they wouldn't become rare and mentioned something about a pet from what 2 months ago? I'm talking about something a year or so in the future and what could happen in the difference of ten months in regards to players coming and going is huge.

Ebezaanec
01-03-2014, 10:18 PM
No, I'm not. He gave reasons why he thought they wouldn't become rare and mentioned something about a pet from what 2 months ago? I'm talking about something a year or so in the future and what could happen in the difference of ten months in regards to players coming and going is huge.

Be as it may, but he gave pretty good reasons.

Current Christmas vanities will probably not rise as much as Arlor did because of the design. There are many AL players who say that they don't like it. Besides, what's the point of wearing vanities? To look good, of course. So therefore, the stylish factor also has to be considered

Haifer
01-03-2014, 10:21 PM
Be as it may, but he gave pretty good reasons.

Current Christmas vanities will probably not rise as much as Arlor did because of the design. There are many AL players who say that they don't like it. Besides, what's the point of wearing vanities? To look good, of course. So therefore, the stylish factor also has to be considered

I think I have found the reason for the differences of opinion here. I don't think they are going to rise as much as the Arlor things are. I just believe there will be a significant raise in price due to their lack of availability.