PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Long Period Merchanting!

Reunegade
01-03-2014, 10:44 PM
Hey all! I hope you had a wonderful holidays. Today, I present to you: tips on how to merchant by just going online for an hour a month!

TIP #1: Stock up when holiday events are here.
A very efficient way to make money. If you stock up during the holidays, the price will keep on raising until its peak. Be careful: do not try to gamble! Sell these before the same holiday appears again, as they might have the same vanities and therefore lower the value of your set/s! If you have spare gold, I recommend you to spend it on vanities as an investment for the future.

Example:
It's Halloween and you have 200 platinum to spare! This is good for 4 halloween sets. You buy 4 rogue witch sets and you buy 2 sets off the CS for 50k each. That is 6 sets and they are now worth triple their value after 2 months!

TIP #2: When buying limited exclusive vanities, the ones that cost 50 platinum gets you the most money.
If you have 50 platinum to spare, I say go for it. If not, try to raise enough to buy it in the CS.

Example:
The Kraken vanities are about to go away! It's the perfect time to stock up. The prices are low and they will soon rise up.

TIP #3: If there are two types of one set (ex: unplucked witch set and plucked witch set) buy the less popular version.
If you buy the less popular version of two things that are extremely similar, there will be less in circulation than the other set, therefore raising the price.

Example:
I can't decide between plucked or unplucked. They both look cool IMO. I'm going to go with the plucked witch set because it is less popular and it will net me more profit.

TIP #4: For the less rich, you can try to merchant the current Tarlok gear.
Right now you can get the armor for 500 gold and helmet for 200 gold. These items will soon be discontinued and right now is the perfect time to buy them, because they are at their lowest price. Although the profit margin may not be big, you will most likely make a profit as these will be discontinued. I would take the chances to merchant these, just don't spend all of your gold on them.

That is all, hope you enjoy.

Ebezaanec
01-03-2014, 10:50 PM
"Merchanting is most effective when you have no competition."

-Credits to Energizeric

Solid
01-03-2014, 10:55 PM
This isn't merching, this is speculating.

ThePvpTwink
01-03-2014, 11:55 PM
Yes Merching is very effective, must admit Merching earned me more money than farming....

Event items, exclusives, and the very rare or popular items are best to merch. Even gems can sell within 3 seconds

Zylx
01-04-2014, 12:19 AM
I bought like 50 locked crates back when they were worth 6k after the crafting update bug (unusually high drop rates) and now they are worth ~15k

drawfflerz
01-04-2014, 10:45 AM
Nowaday too much mercher.. i think my grimm egg was not been opened yet. It still around mercher.