PDA

View Full Version : [FEEDBACK] Balefort tomes quest line

Derajdefyre
11-22-2010, 10:25 AM
I think that the Balefort tomes quest line is horrible. Approximately halfway through the second quest where I needed 256 I hit level 23. At that point my options are to either play for hours and hours to get 1024 more tomes and gain zero experience or in the same amount of time get to approximately level 35, make a ton more gold, and qualify for much better equipment than the level 19 pink item that the tomes get me.

I have been playing along attempting to complete all quests in an area before moving on, but I just cannot justify the time and drudgery that this quest would require.

bjordan
11-22-2010, 12:41 PM
I think that the Balefort tomes quest line is horrible. Approximately halfway through the second quest where I needed 256 I hit level 23. At that point my options are to either play for hours and hours to get 1024 more tomes and gain zero experience or in the same amount of time get to approximately level 35, make a ton more gold, and qualify for much better equipment than the level 19 pink item that the tomes get me.

I have been playing along attempting to complete all quests in an area before moving on, but I just cannot justify the time and drudgery that this quest would require.

I agree completely. I finished the 256 tome quest last night. About the last 50 tomes I got while getting no exp, but I wanted to finish it. I was disheartened to see once I turned it in that the next one was 1024 tomes. I'll be passing on that one and I guess I won't be finishing all the quest in all areas.

addiekai
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Same here. I just don't like me missing a certain quest. Just doesn't seem right.

I know, it seems OC or an*l, but I just like seeing all quests complete :)

Misfitz
11-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Level some more and then one day play with Zyla Doom and you get the 1024 tomes in reasonable time.

EricB
11-22-2010, 12:55 PM
Yeah il you come back later to Zyla when you L35+, it's a pretty massive and fun massacre, i'm happy to have something to do there, and as a bonus Pinks may drops more often. :)
And by the way later there's a "collect 1000 yetis snowballs" too. lol.. I did not took it yet. Is this one faster? Or harder?

bjordan
11-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Yeah il you come back later to Zyla when you L35+, it's a pretty massive and fun massacre, i'm happy to have something to do there, and as a bonus Pinks may drops more often. :)
And by the way later there's a "collect 1000 yetis snowballs" too. lol.. I did not took it yet. Is this one faster? Or harder?

Oh interesting. Well if I have to come back later then that's completely different.

Gryndeon
11-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Do what most folks I know did: worked on the Tomes quest when they reached level 45 (now 50). Like someone mentioned, there's also a 1000 pelt quest and a 1000 snowballs quest (in the Frozen Nightmares dungeons, which are technically for level 30 to 35). I'm level 50, and I still have about 150 snowballs to go.

I haven't finished the freaking Tomes quest either.

addiekai
11-22-2010, 01:47 PM
LoL!

Let's get on that together some time :)

Bigsleazy
11-22-2010, 02:01 PM
The yeti pelt and snowball quests are much worse in my opinion.

addiekai
11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Well, I'm pushing to get to 50, then come back to do those...

Not gonna waste leveling time.