PDA

View Full Version : wepon question

GoofyYno
11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
I'm a noob who has never played one of these games before. I have many weapons (and can finally use them at lvl14), but they all seem not only the same but inferior to the one I've been using (Firebolt staff of wisdom 29-59 damage, 2.2 speed, 3 int). With similar ranges of damage, I'm assuming that the Int is important? I Don't know how important 1% dodge,1 % hit or 2.2 vs 2.4 speed (is higher or lower speed better?)

thanks for the help.

(also, if someone was board and wanted to really help out us noobs, a nice guide of definitions for some of the abbreviations/terminology would be great:confused:

addiekai
11-22-2010, 01:46 PM
The ability of weapons are actually classified by their color. From Trash to Legendary.

Try looking at them, and also making a reference to their color.

Hope this helps :)

GoofyYno
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM
So green vs black vs brown?

Do the names matter:
Thinker's black firebolt staff/ Thinker's darkbolt blaster/ Jester's black firebolt staff/Jester's Darkbolt blaster/darkbolt blaster of smarts/Student's forest fire staff??

addiekai
11-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Yes they do matter.

A certain prefix or suffix provides a different effect on the weapon, or any item for that matter.

You can take a look here

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?2996-Equipment-Prefix-Suffix-Compendium&highlight=prefix

GoofyYno
11-22-2010, 05:05 PM
That link was what I was looking for.
Thanks!!

One more question- (I think)-
How do I evaluate the importance of 1% dodge or 1 % hit. 1% seems like such a low number (not that 3 int is that high.) I will assume because the dodge/hit are associated with Oranges vs whites, they are better?

addiekai
11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Whites and Grays are technically, no offense, trash items.

You should just liquidate those (sell them).

As for Oranges, basically, as the colors go up (all the way up to pink), you would be able to differentiate the +stats on each of them.

Oranges are definitely better than whites, and moving on.

The link that I posted, basically shows the "Rare-ness" of each color, starting with the most common at the top, and the most sought after "Pinks".