View Full Version : Is it just me?

Kingzila
01-05-2014, 06:32 AM
Or is scamming & begging becoming like the only thing you see now in trade chats.

And on top of this I've been seeing more and more successful scams lately then normal, like people are just giving up on even thinking before they whip there gold out (which to me seems very stupid)
Like today I was sitting in cs and spotted a scammer in chat saying

""who ever gives me 100k will get 250k after a minute!!! (NO SCAM)"" ((yes and someone fell for it))

I can imagine this is not just me seeing this but I'd like to know from you all here on the forums if you all are seeing this more often or if it's just ramping up again with this past fest update.

SayCreed
01-05-2014, 06:34 AM
I just went on game to make a toon
I enter bale fort someone says

I'm doubling money

Doodlebeast
01-05-2014, 06:37 AM
Dude I entered to balefort and shouted " DIVIDING MONEY! NO SCAM DOE! ".

No one fell for it, aw.

Domimation
01-05-2014, 06:38 AM
Lol I seek the same guy 10mins ago and it's so common now days but what gets me is trying to buy ewt ebm esb and black dragon sets which are past the cap gold trade limit? I'll be honest even if I could buy these items I wouldn't coz ur running the risk of being scammed 30m The beggers are constant but people who show off "zillionaire" are asking for it coz it's a dead give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Kingzila
01-05-2014, 06:41 AM
I just went on game to make a toon
I enter bale fort someone says

I'm doubling money

And that's another thing about these scams I've been seeing, there not new there all old scams like doubling or give me this il give you this after on another account. Now tell me there yolo scams or something new "ish" that would explain to me better why scamming is getting worse.

I just don't understand how scamming it's getting worse when the scammers are getting lazier and lazier with how they scam. You would think that would make it easier for users to spot them since they have seen that scam millions of times before.

DocDoBig
01-05-2014, 06:42 AM
S) Savage set 50% more than cs

Domimation
01-05-2014, 06:45 AM
Iv spent 300k+ in helping guild members who have been scammed lol I always tell them there is no scam in pl there is no easy way of getting money everyone has to earn it somehow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Doodlebeast
01-05-2014, 06:58 AM
S) Savage set 50% more than cs

Why does no one fall for legit ones.. Like this and mine..

DocDoBig
01-05-2014, 07:04 AM
Why does no one fall for legit ones.. Like this and mine..

L33t merchant

Doodlebeast
01-05-2014, 07:08 AM
L33t merchant

Ugh dem eleets.

programmed
01-05-2014, 08:22 AM
Yesterday I even saw a community guild member saying if you give him gold he'll double it. Isn't that supposed to be a guild that helps players and the community?

Doodlebeast
01-05-2014, 08:26 AM
Yesterday I even saw a community guild member saying if you give him gold he'll double it. Isn't that supposed to be a guild that helps players and the community?

You can't expect a guild without a bad seed in it.

DocDoBig
01-05-2014, 08:26 AM

Graogarak had a good point about TCG yesterday.

Ks_Leon
01-05-2014, 09:07 AM
yep just like this one (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132031-Day-9-Pocket-Legends-Holiday-Raffe&p=1411531&viewfull=1#post1411531)..too bad the scammers keep coming like there were no tomorrow.

Suentous PO
01-05-2014, 11:29 AM
And that's another thing about these scams I've been seeing, there not new there all old scams like doubling or give me this il give you this after on another account. Now tell me there yolo scams or something new "ish" that would explain to me better why scamming is getting worse.

I think it's safe to say that we the players shut down the yola nubs, and there aren't really any new scams. Sometimes I have too much fun trolling doublerers cuz they're usually wearing 5k worth of gear talkin about they can make YOU rich O.o

Plaguemaw
01-05-2014, 11:32 AM
The thing that gets me is when you spot a beggar wearing an OCD and a lavaforged armor with a holoshield and yeti pets...

Sent from my GT-P3113

Caiahar
01-05-2014, 11:48 AM
Pretty darn hard to control and see who keeps inviting randoms into TCG
._. What was his name?

I nub too.

Tizzle
01-05-2014, 12:31 PM
People that add fire to the flame I guess. Scamming is always part of mmo

Cheenivie
01-05-2014, 01:30 PM
First to give me a savage set gets 1m.

programmed
01-05-2014, 04:26 PM
._. What was his name?

I nub too.

I don't remember the name. It was yesterday. I tried to get a screenshot in case i was asked this but he left balefort too quickly to take one. I know he is a 15 bear but that's probably not much help.

Xyzther
01-05-2014, 04:32 PM

Plot twist: He was being legit

LEVEL ONE
01-05-2014, 04:51 PM
So... This just happened.

Friend: man, I got scammed by xxxxx
Me: how? What happened?
Friend: I wanted to buy an fbow for 200k
Me: and how did you get scammed?
Friend: he told me to give him gold first.

I don't even blame the scammers for being scammers, it obviously pays of, since there are apparently enough stupid people that fall for that.

Roberto077
01-05-2014, 05:47 PM
._. What was his name?

I nub too.

This is why we shouldn't have recruiters but rather moderators (of the guild, that is). I think the guild system is kind of broken atm.

programmed
01-05-2014, 05:52 PM
This is why we shouldn't have recruiters but rather moderators (of the guild, that is). I think the guild system is kind of broken atm.

Or you can just have a few select people who are trusted as recruiters/officers.

Reunegade
01-05-2014, 05:55 PM
OR OR OR *gasp* no recruiters or officers!

DocDoBig
01-05-2014, 06:34 PM
OR OR OR *gasp* no recruiters or officers!

Now you know why youre no offi.

WeLoveJesus
01-05-2014, 06:57 PM
There was a beggar I once saw called Qatarking. He was a low lvl noob, etc. and kept spamming "2k pls man" Then 5 min later I went into another Balefort and saw a guy called Qatarqueen who was a 15 mage who kept spamming: "BUYING PINKFBOW LVL 15!!!" Lmao..

Roberto077
01-05-2014, 08:34 PM
Or you can just have a few select people who are trusted as recruiters/officers.

Pretty much. I think the promotions should be more strict... Along with the recruitment process.

AvidLegend
01-05-2014, 09:25 PM
I was the one who gave him the 100k. The players name was nerdymage and I called him out as a scammer and to prevent others from loosing their money I gave him a 100k and watched him log then preceded to give rewards to players who witnessed and did the right thing by typing "/report nerdymage" so that players like him will hopefully be removed from this game. Best case i get a free 150k... worst case I am out of a measly 100k and some poor new player desperate for money doesnt get scammed. However, I feel like STS doesn't take reporting seriously because several players who I prove scam and have reported still are seen around game.

Int
01-09-2014, 09:20 AM
It's annoying when they say "give me 100k". Makes me feel like they are forcing me to give.... People with no manners