PDA

View Full Version : How do you basketball?

XghostzX
01-05-2014, 12:44 PM
My friends invited me to play this "pick up basketball game". Could someone plz enlighten me and teach me how to basketball?

Thanks.

Argyros
01-05-2014, 01:07 PM
Skim this, and gl.

http://www.breakthroughbasketball.com/basics/basics.html

Cheenivie
01-05-2014, 01:35 PM
http://youtu.be/eijxwE3jm2M

This should help ye?

Reunegade
01-05-2014, 01:50 PM
How tall are you?

DocDoBig
01-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Here are some tips:

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/06/yjusesuj.jpg

http://www.primagames.com/games/nba-2k14/strategy/nba-2k14-tips-how-play-defense

Lol j/k

TEOKILLO
01-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Keep yo hands up

XghostzX
01-05-2014, 03:24 PM
I tried kicking the ball into the basket-hoop and it didn't go in. They called it a foul and I had to sit out for a few minutes... wtf I didn't realize this was babysitting with timeouts.

Noodleleg
01-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Lel, soccer naabe.

programmed
01-05-2014, 04:37 PM
If it were baseball I could help ya. Did that for 9 years but haven't even done basketball or soccer in 8 years.

XghostzX
01-05-2014, 04:43 PM
If it were baseball I could help ya. Did that for 9 years but haven't even done basketball or soccer in 8 years.

Oh, can you teach me how to baseball? I presume that you apply a force on a base to hit a ball, no? I love outdoor games.

programmed
01-05-2014, 04:56 PM
I presume that you apply a force on a base to hit a ball, no?

._.

Dragonrider023
01-05-2014, 04:58 PM
are you serious?

Schnitzel
01-05-2014, 05:13 PM
To shoot ball:
1. buy a catapult
2. put ball on catapult
3. aim
4. fire
5. hope it doesn't miss and hit your neighbor's window

Reunegade
01-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Oh, can you teach me how to baseball? I presume that you apply a force on a base to hit a ball, no? I love outdoor games.
You are correct. It is also that way with American football; you apply force to a foot to hit a ball.

This is basketball in a nutshell:

Basketball can be many things. It can be a basket, it can be a ball, it can be a basketball. To win in basketball, it's not about shooting. Instead, it's all about sportsmanship. If someone hits you, let it go! Don't shoot the free throw, instead give the other team the ball and cheer them on! And if you are lectured by the coach, don't cry! Be a man and punch the guy in the face. This should help with your ball handling.

When handling a ball, handle it with care. Carry it like a baby. Run with the ball in your hands. People call this a travel, and it gives the other team the ball. Another prime example of good sportsmanship!

And finally shooting. Always aim for the ground. You know what they say, better safe than sorry. It would be safer to aim for the ground than in the air, because it might hit someone in the head! Oh no!

That's about it. If you have any questions, please PM me. I'm a certified basketball coach at ww.coaching#likeabawz.gov and if you want to be a coach, then copy/paste this into the URL: ww.coaching#likeabawz.gov/wtfdotgov.php/wtfdotphp.gov/asbadasyolasite

We are all part of the 'Server Not Found' foundation!

Jhawkeye
01-05-2014, 08:58 PM
How do I hoop? It's simple really. Get the ball, dunk the ball, shoot the ball, but never ever pass the ball.. Spoken like a true Kobe Bryant fan

XghostzX
01-05-2014, 10:49 PM
are you serious?

Yeah, I'm super cereal :-))

Spyce
01-05-2014, 10:49 PM
My friends invited me to play this "pick up basketball game". Could someone plz enlighten me and teach me how to basketball?

Thanks.

Want me to teach you?
I'm playing JV this year since I'm too much of a nub for Varsity.

How do I hoop? It's simple really. Get the ball, dunk the ball, shoot the ball, but never ever pass the ball.. Spoken like a true Kobe Bryant fan

Are you gonna flop like a Lebron James too?

XghostzX
01-05-2014, 10:52 PM
In case anyone wasn't sure, I'm totally kidding ^_^

Cheenivie
01-06-2014, 12:00 AM
In case anyone wasn't sure, I'm totally kidding ^_^

It's ok, I know you aren't.

Our little secret, k?

Randomguy
01-06-2014, 12:49 AM
Want me to teach you?

i knew u would say something

Mister Clicker
01-06-2014, 07:41 AM
What's a team w/out a great defense? If you wanna be a good basketball player you must focus on defense and on shooting. I run the team as the point guard and I really focus on defense and great offense but not too much lol you might make a charging foul

-hope this helps

Spyce
01-06-2014, 10:19 PM
What's a team w/out a great defense? If you wanna be a good basketball player you must focus on defense and on shooting. I run the team as the point guard and I really focus on defense and great offense but not too much lol you might make a charging foul

-hope this helps

You play Point Guard?
I play Shooting Guard this season because I'm to "tall."

Your job as a PG is to run the offense effectively and play perimeter defense.

Cheenivie
01-07-2014, 05:07 PM
Pfft Will just change to be black.

Jhawkeye
01-08-2014, 06:52 AM
Want me to teach you?

No but I will Ron Artest ya ;)

Spyce
01-08-2014, 09:07 PM
No but I will Ron Artest ya ;)

Metta World Peace*

Are you bad as Brian Scalabrine?!

Jhawkeye
01-09-2014, 01:30 AM
Not that bad haha.. im actually good im a senior been playin varsity since junior year. Imma shooting guard and its lights out if you leave me open and lebron if you leave me the lane

XghostzX
01-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Not that bad haha.. im actually good im a senior been playin varsity since junior year. Imma shooting guard and its lights out if you leave me open and lebron if you leave me the lane

Nice man that's awesome! How's your season going so far? We have this one sophomore at our school who's one of my best buds and is a starting point guard. Pretty neat stuff.

Anyways, i'm a sophomore doing the same as you but for Soccer

Jhawkeye
01-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Nice man that's awesome! How's your season going so far? We have this one sophomore at our school who's one of my best buds and is a starting point guard. Pretty neat stuff.

Anyways, i'm a sophomore doing the same as you but for Soccer

It's going great for Varsity lol. All the other teams are struggling though. Right now we're 6-1.

Man Soccer and Basketball are my two favorite sports lol. The fact that you can cross people with your feet amazes me to this day lol

Reunegade
01-09-2014, 06:48 PM
It's going great for Varsity lol. All the other teams are struggling though. Right now we're 6-1.

Man Soccer and Basketball are my two favorite sports lol. The fact that you can cross people with your feet amazes me to this day lol
Pro stuff. We had a perfect season last season and we dominated every team, lol. Right now we are currently undefeated, but that's due to change :( Anyway, I'm PG which is nice, I guess.

Jhawkeye
01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Pro stuff. We had a perfect season last season and we dominated every team, lol. Right now we are currently undefeated, but that's due to change :( Anyway, I'm PG which is nice, I guess.

You dunkin? And imo undefeated always sounds good haha change or not as long as I get pt

Cascade
01-09-2014, 08:32 PM
I try to model my game after Bill Russell, rebounds aren't that pretty, but they win games.

Spyce
01-09-2014, 10:28 PM

Nice, I played PG last year but am playing SG this year.
I have a feeling I'm going to SF next year..

We're 9-7 because everyone hits buzzer beaters aganist us..

XghostzX
01-09-2014, 11:26 PM

Good to hear, hope the rest of the season goes well! I played basketball back in middle school, but decided I wanted to focus on soccer. So far I couldn't be happier with that decision, but I do miss bball

Jhawkeye
01-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Nice, I played PG last year but am playing SG this year.
I have a feeling I'm going to SF next year..

We're 9-7 because everyone hits buzzer beaters aganist us..

That's how we lost one game -_-
Never been so mad lol and it was against our rivals