PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so many Enchantresses?

GoofyYno
11-22-2010, 02:12 PM
I thought I read how many bear there were, and that there should be one enchantress per team. But, at least on the low level where I am, it seems to be an enchantress convention.

addiekai
11-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Because they rock now.

70% of the population now have nuke mages :p

Silverage
11-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Because they rock now.

70% of the population now have nuke mages :p

In my opinion they are also the most fun class to play.

addiekai
11-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Basically, I play my Mage more than my Bird nowadays.

Its a lot more exciting just diving in, nuking them to kingdom come then running back into the lines :)

Duke
11-22-2010, 03:00 PM
Lots of geeky boys with cross-dressing fetishes. /sarc

But seriously, with the rebalance, they're a lot of fun to play -- even if bears and birds weren't nerfed, they don't show the same improvement as enchantresses, which by itself would make enchantresses more fun for leveling up an alt.

addiekai
11-22-2010, 03:04 PM
Because Mages (the primary damage dealers in any game) was overshadowed by the other 2 classes.

Bears and Birds became the damage dealers with their awesome speed, considering they have weapons that do like 0.5 a/s (before the update).

Now with the 1.5 rolled out, its more balanced.

Bears have slower attack, and have to concentrate on tanking, and birds are more of hit' n 'run tactics.

Mages? They just do the Bang Boom :)

Derajdefyre
11-22-2010, 03:13 PM
Mage uses a crashing boom bang attack!
It is reflected by the Franklin Badge!

Amperec
11-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm still very new to the game but I have one of each class and from what skills I have on my bird/bear it appeas mages are the only class that can heal. Every class should have some sort of heal. Along with some sort of root/snare. With the way it is now anyone who doesn't want to rely on potions as their only means of healing has to make a mage. I personally think mages are the best because weather its one mob or 10 I can run in and kill them all at once. Maybe make new spells? Some sort of HoT(heal over time) or even better DoTs? For bosses dots and hots would make the game a lot more fun.

Arterra
11-22-2010, 08:10 PM
I'm still very new to the game but I have one of each class and from what skills I have on my bird/bear it appeas mages are the only class that can heal. Every class should have some sort of heal. Along with some sort of root/snare. With the way it is now anyone who doesn't want to rely on potions as their only means of healing has to make a mage. I personally think mages are the best because weather its one mob or 10 I can run in and kill them all at once. Maybe make new spells? Some sort of HoT(heal over time) or even better DoTs? For bosses dots and hots would make the game a lot more fun.

you just stated what they have: restore. they all also have root/snare too lol

/you haven't gotten to that skill yet, it alright, i wont call fail.

Lesrider
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
Are the restore skills any better now? I don't have it on either my bird or bear bc they always did so little it didn't seem worth it.

Arterra
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
in chatbox cinco said they had not been changed i think... though being considered.

noobmigo
11-22-2010, 09:20 PM
I will never get restore. EVER. even if it has 20 h/s

Amperec
11-22-2010, 09:39 PM
So birds and bears also have a heal? And what about hots/ dots?

Arterra
11-22-2010, 09:43 PM
DoT... only one we have is the dagger proc bleed, makes -h/s regen :/

need something more...

Amperec
11-22-2010, 10:00 PM
Well I'm not trying to dog on the game because its amazing that I'm playing a 3D mmo on my phone. However the games leaves me wanting a lot more. As it is now all I see to do is run around and kilele ****. I'm level 25 in the fatum area and it just seems like there's never anyone there. Its no fun to play alone, although my mage is capable of killing everything I ask her to.

Arterra
11-22-2010, 10:14 PM
i know... lv29-38 you really start seeing less people until you can get to ao2. then it gets a little better, no worries

Pharcyde
11-23-2010, 01:28 AM
I blame the charecter creation page :). Mage sticks out with the whole *Massive group damage* and all.

Also people with multiple accounts solely play on their mages now, considering they are big bad boomers now.

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 04:07 AM
I was only using my bear and bird in ao3 bc my Mage refused to stop dying. Now that it's no longer the case, I see no point in playing my othErs. My Mage requires less pots, so I make more cash per run. And it's just more fun to blast away mobs. Especially in lower level dungeons -- a few spells trash those mobs much faster than having to beckon/chase them around the map.

Face it, bears were only fun when they were the only ones able to stay alive. Now they're boring to play. I only leveled mine up for ao3 -- now he's back in hibernation.

IamCoemToKillU
11-23-2010, 04:13 AM
lol my mage died around 70x yesterday no kidding. Playing over phone connection rocks... you get to see your pixels dead alot.

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Well, yeah, lag still kills. Lag is the most formidable foe in PL.

IamCoemToKillU
11-23-2010, 06:47 AM
question, does ping affect pvp? If yes i'm out right now

i mean it seems the packet handling is well, seriously i hit like 70s ping but that's on phone connection in cellar. Ill play on wifi from now on whenever i am at home. Just asking if around 200-300ping is still normal? I dont need pansies with 15ping killing me then calling me noob while i'd eat them with my hands tied behind my back with normal ping. (Oh yeah ego burst right there:)

jonboy
11-23-2010, 07:08 AM
JustG has consistently said that 200-300 ping is fine.

IamCoemToKillU
11-23-2010, 07:27 AM
sweet then i am coem to pwn thee hehe. I take JustG has similar ping and is doing fine in pvp

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 08:20 AM
Pvp is only effected by ping if you get a lag spike. I decided to test out Pvp and got lag-killed twice and decided it was no fun anymore.