PDA

View Full Version : Thank this post if PvP wagering would be cool :)

XghostzX
01-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Thanks dis post if you think having wagers in PvP would be neat and something for bored players to do :) What are your thoughts on PvP wagers?

Bare in mind:

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:
I love the idea, I totally agree. Many MMO's have this style, but STS doesn't encourage betting/gambling for their games. This to me is a real shame, because PvP is pretty boring with the lame "go" system (other than a nice CTF match once in a while). They really should enhance the PvP system or implement something new.

Quote Originially Posted by Zeus:
The entire loot system is a gambling system. You spend time/plat hoping to get good loot. In locked crates, you pay 15 plat hoping to get some good pixels.

Does this rule even apply anymore? lol

ImHawk
01-06-2014, 12:46 PM
i just want STS to do something in this game
good idea probably never happen

VVake
01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
I posted this too :P

Gragorak
01-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Lol, you're taking thanks begging into completely new level. Congratulations.

XghostzX
01-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Lol, you're taking thanks begging into completely new level. Congratulations.

Idk if you have noticed, but I couldn't care less for the forums and almost the game :cat:

Cheenivie
01-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Will, pls stop begging thanks

Such trash
Much beg
Pls teach
Impress

XghostzX
01-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Will, pls stop begging thanks

Such trash
Much beg
Pls teach
Impress

Such pro
much teach
very cool
wow

Reunegade
01-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Thank this post if you think Will's post is cool :D

ImHawk
01-06-2014, 03:19 PM
thank this post because potato

Depury
01-06-2014, 05:54 PM
what's with all the betting and "bounty" crap all of a sudden? c'mon, r u guys rlly that cheap... merch something xD

Kixxler
01-06-2014, 06:03 PM
pl is a joke now i hope battle command fails miserably and all the devs come crawling back

XghostzX
01-06-2014, 06:20 PM
what's with all the betting and "bounty" crap all of a sudden? c'mon, r u guys rlly that cheap... merch something xD

Cheap? Really? I find PvP wagers to be fun and exhilarating, like you have something to win for. It would promote PvP and more gameplay. I think PL (and STS games) are the only MMO's without wagers. So how is that cheap compared to merching which is boring and just hoarding items?

Reunegade
01-06-2014, 06:31 PM
I find it not a way to make money; however, an incentive to get players back into PvP and becoming competitive.

Depury
01-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Cheap? Really? I find PvP wagers to be fun and exhilarating, like you have something to win for. It would promote PvP and more gameplay. I think PL (and STS games) are the only MMO's without wagers. So how is that cheap compared to merching which is boring and just hoarding items?

Whoa, sass attack o_O

I find it not a way to make money; however, an incentive to get players back into PvP and becoming competitive.

Yeah, I tried it once. Nobody wants to do it cuz they're afraid they'll lose. Overall, if everyone wasn't such a wuss, I'd happily bet on fights. Well, certain ones 6_6

Just to be clear, I'm not hating. I'm just pointing out obvious flaws.

~Dep

XghostzX
01-06-2014, 06:57 PM
Whoa, sass attack o_O

Nah I'm just naturally like that in discussions like these. :)

Reunegade
01-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Nah I'm just naturally like that in discussions like these. :)
pls, i agri wif depoopy u sas atakc pls

Extreme
01-06-2014, 08:38 PM

Please gib moni.

Cheenivie
01-06-2014, 09:16 PM

This is way more fun then merching and btw betting against the tos

Stevenmc
01-07-2014, 02:26 AM
I see people bet millions all the time, of course nobody ever pays up. It would be cool if both players could put money into a pot, and at the end of a locked 1v1 game the winner would receive all the money. Also, if any player chooses to leave mid round, he forfeits the money. Hopefully a way could be implemented to know if the player left the game, or if he was disconnected.

Stevenmc
01-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Isn't merching a cheap way to make money? Lowball someone or take advantage of their lack of price knowledge, then sell for your own profit.
Seems to be less cheap to win the money in fair fight to ten IMO.

MynameisTAY
01-07-2014, 05:21 AM
That will never happen istaff. I don't expect anything for updates new things in PL. Nothings gonna happen in pl forever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Extreme
01-07-2014, 05:24 AM
I see people bet millions all the time, of course nobody ever pays up. It would be cool if both players could put money into a pot, and at the end of a locked 1v1 game the winner would receive all the money. Also, if any player chooses to leave mid round, he forfeits the money. Hopefully a way could be implemented to know if the player left the game, or if he was disconnected.

Nah, some people do pay.

Rot
01-07-2014, 06:08 AM
that would result in my mouse/ipod soaking wet ._. my palms sweat when i'm in a serious pvp match (tourney, betting, etc)

however i would like that extra income, so +1 :D

Seminole
01-07-2014, 08:20 AM
bad idea, cheep stakes will find a way around this. example: disconnect from matches, complain of lag, countless messages to sts saying they got ripped off. in addition, pvp isnt fair. To many people with all kinds of advantages(class, vanity, dragons, etc) new comers simply wont stand a chance.

how will this be implemented to begin with? You think STS will take time to do this, when they havent even bothered to fix our pvp system. or give us an update in months. I think asking for anything new will just deter sts away from giving us a new update or fully fixing the pvp system. not knocking down your idea Ghost, but unless sts puts full concentration into doing this, it will be a fail. and since it will bring no revenue to them, we may as well hope and pray for other things instead.

Reunegade
01-07-2014, 08:23 AM
bad idea, cheep stakes will find a way around this. example: disconnect from matches, complain of lag, countless messages to sts saying they got ripped off. in addition, pvp isnt fair. To many people with all kinds of advantages(class, vanity, dragons, etc) new comers simply wont stand a chance.

how will this be implemented to begin with? You think STS will take time to do this, when they havent even bothered to fix our pvp system. or give us an update in months. I think asking for anything new will just deter sts away from giving us a new update or fully fixing the pvp system. not knocking down your idea Ghost, but unless sts puts full concentration into doing this, it will be a fail. and since it will bring no revenue to them, we may as well hope and pray for other things instead.
1. If they disconnect they give up their money.

2. They have attempted to fix our PvP system.

Stevenmc
01-07-2014, 10:02 AM
That will never happen istaff. I don't expect anything for updates new things in PL. Nothings gonna happen in pl forever

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Oh I know it won't happen, it just is a cool idea to me.

imxoriginal
01-07-2014, 10:04 AM

1. If they disconnect they give up their money.

2. They have attempted to fix our PvP system.
Key word there attempted. Followed by completely giving up on it, which in turn left so many other things unbalanced. But I do agree with a betting system. Before you enter a trade window pops up and you state what you are betting. If you disconnect you forfeit etc.

XghostzX
01-07-2014, 12:52 PM

Rot, to solve this you can just have an option of what class you want to duel.

Sheugokin
01-07-2014, 03:14 PM
Will just wants more reputation. Just saying lol. JK. I might agree with that. So I might give you a thanks

Fine. Thanks!

XghostzX
01-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Will just wants more reputation. Just saying lol. JK. I might agree with that. So I might give you a thanks

Fine. Thanks!

Haha nah, I couldn't care less about the rep it's more so my way for "sending a message" to the devs... but starting anything in the form of a petition results in a locked thread, so I'm avoiding that.

Depury
01-07-2014, 03:53 PM
pls, i agri wif depoopy u sas atakc pls

all your hps are belong to me

dudetus
01-07-2014, 06:14 PM
This is obvious thanks begging. I do not approve.

XghostzX
01-07-2014, 09:35 PM
This is obvious thanks begging. I do not approve.

lmao reported

Caiahar
01-07-2014, 11:18 PM
Nubs, the REAL way to get money is buy buying gold with plat. Gg.

:D