PDA

View Full Version : Christmas event Pros and Fails.

Anarchist
01-06-2014, 04:40 PM
So the never ending christmas event finally came to an end Heh.
what do you guys think about this Christmas event?

Leave a feedback rate
example: x/10.
And why.

My personal experience:

vote: 7/10.

I stopped farming portals the 3rd day of the event and didn't partecipate at all because it was damn boring and repitative.

Though am very happy about the new contents and the tarlok gears which have completely transformed the game both at twink and endgame lvl i found this event to be just too long for my liking

And you? :)

Zeus
01-06-2014, 04:59 PM
9/10

I found the event to be awesome and thoroughly enjoyed all 30 days of it. While farming Elite Shuyal, having a portal was like getting a bonus to your map. If it was tarlok? Cool! You now have a chance at looting 1.5m more in loot.

As for the twinks, yes, the gear is awesome. It's about time that the old gear gets replaced with something new.

Also, the new arcane pet is awesome! Once you learn how to use the arcane ability effectively, it's truly amazing for timed runs. Sure, it's a weaker ability than most arcane pets, but when combined with Samael... it can be very very deadly.

P.S: I gave it a 9/10 for the naff arcane ability. (Jon, this was for you!)

Chaim Nail
01-06-2014, 05:11 PM
I mostly do solo runs but with this event I found myself doing lots of runs with fellow guildies, lots of fun, we would simply do "/g portal" so others would respond with "me" or "inv" and we'd a go kill the baddie in Tarlok's lair (hate that goblin). It really brought us together in a way that normal runs didn't.

I think I'll miss that.

What I won't miss are the Wintermancer items that were so prevailant that it was a hassle having to cross reference the slew of them with the consignment store to see if any were worth selling (most weren't). TWICE I had some random player just give me junk Winermancer items!

Terracio
01-06-2014, 05:35 PM
7/10
Pros
-United guilds
-Made people stay for boss when running maps
-Gave some poor people chance to make gold (something this game badly needs)

Cons
-Created many more leechers than usual
-Chest system was lackluster. Keep imbued and gold rare but drop rate of silver and bronze left a lot to be desired (specially With how annoying Goblin was)

kjed
01-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Nah! I dont like the event at all.Farmed almost everyday got tones of imbued chest but no breezaga.So frustrated and disappointed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Aneneanet
01-06-2014, 05:44 PM
8/10
Mostly a good event. Liked how it made guidies work together to kill bosses in portals and got people talking.

I say only an 8 cause I thought 30 days was too long and I can't wait til update to remove patch... also Frost Fiend is rather annoying popping up at the most in-opportune times causing more then one death lol, I'l be happy to never see him again. I do wish that he had the chance to drop something else like a pet (even a rare chance).

Naelan
01-06-2014, 05:56 PM
7/10

It did bring the guildies together which was fun.
It was frustrating when people got smart and dropped out of portals with goblin or wolf.
I'm disappointed we don't get to keep our recipes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

gatzoo5505
01-06-2014, 06:43 PM
6/10

Cons
Event was rather long. Frost fiend became too annoying. Whim left much to be desired. Still don't have breezaga.

Pros
Love the banner. Loved the loophole that was corrected after 3 days.

Kakatoa91
01-06-2014, 07:30 PM
Variety of stuffs to acquire or do: 9/10
You get so many differents things like pets, gears, costumes, flags, gems, quests

Bosses: 7/10
All too easy to kills for my twinks lvl7-10-10-10-12-15 solo or team
With rogue just fast range shooting in circle, with warrior just tanking not moving.
But yea bosses were real killers or hard to fastkill for people with poor gear.
Nice look except for the gob and kitty, bit small and white mob on white map not a good
association.

Now, I dont know about the rest of you but my drop rate for good gear/pet was 0... lol
100+ frozen chests and no frosteye pet ???? Wth had to buy 1
25 imbued frozen golden, 10 golden, xx silver, xx bronze.
No breezega... had to buy 1. No top tarlok gear for my twinks.. had to buy 3 sets.
70+ crates opened... and no myth, no arcane.
Oh yea doing double odds on last weekend for me didnt change a thing as usual.
Last year didnt get more lucky on those double myth/arc WE.

Happy new year... lol

nelson131
01-07-2014, 04:49 AM
8.5/10
Drop was not bad.
Brought guild together
I got to hoard a lot of items and the prices are rising now :-)
Got frosteye
Nice gems to make money
I got 400k in just this event :)
Cons
I hate frost fiend spawning next to boss....hard to solo 2 bosses:sour:
The frost fiend offers sick loot
The ice goblin too annoying

Nothing else bad...

Nice event in conclusion,much better Than last year's chrismas! I only got a storm runner helm last year and it wasn't fun last year without tarlok and the portals.

Wutzgood
01-07-2014, 06:50 AM
9/10. Great event with lots of quests and gear/pets to get. Ended up with 3 frosteye eggs (my friend didn't get any so I gave him one)from the daily frozen chests and made enough gold from high locked prices to buy tarlok sets for my guys and Xmas tree vanity for my Mage.

The only things I'm missing are whim and breezaga. Had enough gold for breezaga but after hearing reviews of him from guild mates I decided to finish my vanity collection and get Xmas tree.

Excellent event although by the end I was happy it was over. Haven't had time to do much besides event Dailys lately and I have a lot of leveling on my lower guys to do.

Hoardseeker
01-07-2014, 06:51 AM
7/10
Let me distribute points too :D
Pros for me:
Got all Xmas achievement(+1)
Hoarded Tarlok Rage gems(20-30k current now in CS :D)(+2)
Made money with locked(+2)
Looted 3Frosteye(+2)

Cons:
The frost fiend was the Most annoying thing that I hated those days(-3)

Haligali
01-07-2014, 07:07 AM
It was good, i earned my second arcane pet by only farming during december. This is one of the biggest worries in this game, merching makes more gold than farming, but not on this event.

9/10

Annoying frost friend, i could not be happy even if he gave me a few tokens.

sitiii
01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
8/10
overall was good, even i really dont like that frost friend :mad:

love the ice vanity, love prance pet, and love tarlok set :D

UndeadJudge
01-07-2014, 11:14 AM
7/10

Pros:
I was poor before this update (couldn't even manage 100k), but then farming Tarlok got me pretty darn rich. I have over 15 upper-end tarlok gears waiting to be sold once they get rarer.
Farming Tarlok (using plat) was a good break from PvP drama. The dailies were fun too.

Cons:
Tarlok was too easy first of all..coulda made that harder. Took me about 1:30 to kill him, if that. The Golden Frozen Chests (not imbued) were supposed to be able to loot legendaries, but I have opened about 25 and only crappy epics..after that I saw why there was the craft thing. The new Breezaga pet looks cool but kinda sucks. The arcane is bugged and the hidden passive hardly works. Also the frost fiend starting getting irritating.

Akizah
01-07-2014, 01:46 PM
7/10
pros:
-united guilds
-made quite a lot of money(selling pets, gems, vanities...)
-good gear
-gave us things to do

cons:
-didn't like vanities
- too repetitive
-frost feind was annoying and didnt give any good loot -.-
-

ladymage
01-08-2014, 01:00 PM
Overall: Like it
Pros: agree with the previous posts
- guild is much useful than before
- everyone got richer and richer
- like the winter fashion design

Con:
- frost friend is too hard at shuyal
- vanity for mage is not good for a girl's taste.

Energizeric
01-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Great event, only bad thing was the bug/exploit that existed during the first 2 days. That in turn caused the Tarlok and Wintermancer gear to be much much more common that it should have been, and I think as a result prices of that gear ended up much lower than it should have been.

For example, I play every day for at least an hour or two, sometimes longer. In the first 2 days, I managed to acquire about a dozen imbued gold chests. In all the remaining time after that put together, I only managed about half of that amount. I'd guess more than half of the Tarlok gear in existence was looted in those first 2 days.

By the end of the event, some of the Tarlok gear could be had for a few hundred gold. That's much lower than it should have been.

Other than that, I think the event was great.

bhutkeyur
01-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Pro
- Untied guild
- Portals Idea really worked
- Good tarlok gear for elite
- Two good pet introduced - Frosteye and Prance
- Gold farming income increased for all lvl players
- Best event designed by STS so far
- Vanity was kind of ok (mage vanity was worst, Rogue's was too girlish- cmon they are fighter, Warrior - kind of ok)
- I have met many new good people during event
Con
- Farmed 5000+ token in first 2 days so after that event is over for me
- Breezga - Kinda hate drop rate of this pet. Farming portal on 4 char and still didnt get it at end of the event.
- Frost Fiend (RIP and never comeback)
- Arcane pet is not better than samael so many people disappointed
- Goblin boss is just meh with huge hp - people dont bother do kill him at end of event
- Other gear from arena and many elite became useless

Overall rating - 6/10

Zynzyn
01-09-2014, 04:03 AM
9.5/10

The hunting of portals with guildmates, the excitement of finding one, the quests, the loot from Tarlok, it was all a lot of fun. The fact that it was a month long gave enough time to everyone to get what they want. The Tarlok gems were an interesting addition. I also loved the way sts enabled players to buy pets and vanities with tokens.

Frost fiend was the only annoying bit as it slowed us down while doing runs. But thats why he is called a "fiend" I suppose. :)