PDA

View Full Version : Whats this PL shield giveaway?

Extreme
01-07-2014, 04:37 AM
Ohai,

Recently I've seen so much PL shields used by people that don't own them before, Am I missing something or..? I've also asked a few friends if they are feeling weird about this PL shield thing. When I ask them they said they just found it in their stash. I really want to know what is happening or could anyone explain this to me? It would be very appreciated if a dev could confirm here, or tell me as a pm. Please also post if you have seen this change too, a gain in Pl shields..

Extreme.

Somemager
01-07-2014, 05:03 AM
I call hax ... Yup totally hax and yes ive seen a couple friends whip their PL shields out lately.

Skillless
01-07-2014, 05:20 AM
Checked stash. Twice.
No PL shield.
Cried a little.

Extreme
01-07-2014, 05:23 AM
Actually a few told me how they got theirs, just need a dev to confirm.

Burningdex
01-07-2014, 06:02 AM
remember when thwy used to give 20 armor ;)

Rot
01-07-2014, 06:09 AM
i think it's a reward for being a helpful member on the forums a few years back

Mister Clicker
01-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Some shields can be obtained by getting the daily blessing for 5 days or more. The longer the better. Yah some of the shields can be obtained by hax

DocDoBig
01-07-2014, 07:27 AM
I've seen a guy who had TWO PL shields.

I call hax too, or wannabe lwmarks

Roberto077
01-07-2014, 07:47 AM
They were granted for winning tournaments a while back... There aren't many

Argyros
01-07-2014, 08:03 AM

I call hax too, or wannabe lwmarks

Totally possible.

Back in the day there were contests for them, over 13 were given away. I'll finds some links if you want.

Here is one contest were they gave away 10 shields!-
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?49597-Mummy-Loves-You!-Vote-For-Your-Favorite-Catchphrase!

Lexlyde
01-07-2014, 08:08 AM
You all talk about back in days. But RECENTLY there a few players I never see them with this shield and POOF they have one. Is there something which happened?
Ppl I saw with aren't really community helpers...

DocDoBig
01-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Totally possible.

Back in the day there were contests for them, over 13 were given away. I'll finds some links if you want.

Why 2 then?

Argyros
01-07-2014, 08:10 AM
Here is one contest were they gave away 10 shields-
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?49597-Mummy-Loves-You!-Vote-For-Your-Favorite-Catchphrase!

Extreme
01-07-2014, 08:20 AM
Here is one contest were they gave away 10 shields-

We all know its from contest, as I stated few of my friends have told me how they got theirs, I'm just creating thread to ask whether you guys see this happening too. My friends got their shield RECENTLY, like few days ago, while those contest was held back then. I wouldn't be asking if it were Hahahabirdy, Teamosarah, Nick, or the others who got it from the contests. Once again, I just need a dev to confirm this, I know it is from the contests back then, But these people didn't got theirs from the contests back then.

programmed
01-07-2014, 08:37 AM
I have noticed something like that too. Earlier this morning I saw more people than usual with one.

Argyros
01-07-2014, 08:49 AM
We all know its from contest, as I stated few of my friends have told me how they got theirs, I'm just creating thread to ask whether you guys see this happening too. My friends got their shield RECENTLY, like few days ago, while those contest was held back then. I wouldn't be asking if it were Hahahabirdy, Teamosarah, Nick, or the others who got it from the contests. Once again, I just need a dev to confirm this, I know it is from the contests back then, But these people didn't got theirs from the contests back then.

Him I see what you mean. 3 shields popped up on some of the most unlikely accounts. Really strange.

Jig
01-07-2014, 09:16 AM
What of they did something secret and it was none of your business, I see this going to get out of control..

Skillless
01-07-2014, 09:33 AM

Equipped at the same time? Hax.

DocDoBig
01-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Equipped at the same time? Hax.

Of course....

Mhmm

SayCreed
01-07-2014, 10:48 AM
The Mage that me,doc,ione,faliz were tere

Plus a bear with one

Anyone notice Hunzz was on I upload pics later

NECROREAPER
01-07-2014, 11:32 AM
i think it's a reward for being a helpful member on the forums a few years back

That's the red shield with the crown on it, those were granted only to GOA.

I have a PL shield and I wear it often on my character 'Thepumpking' so don't be freaked out if you see it.

Zeus
01-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Let bygones be bygones. Who cares if they're handing them out again? More cool shields to be seen!

Remember, it is STG's item & to those who have it, it was given to them by STG as a gift/reward. To think it's exclusive is just a little silly. As they were a gift, STG can hand them out to whoever they like.

Note: This is just to the original owners, like myself, who are going to complain about them being brought back.

Argyros
01-07-2014, 12:29 PM
Let bygones be bygones. Who cares if they're handing them out again? More cool shields to be seen!

Remember, it is STG's item & to those who have it, it was given to them by STG as a gift/reward. To think it's exclusive is just a little silly. As they were a gift, STG can hand them out to whoever they like.

Note: This is just to the original owners, like myself, who are going to complain about them being brought back.

This^ sorry I'm out of thanks.

LEVEL ONE
01-07-2014, 12:39 PM
remember when thwy used to give 20 armor ;)

PL shields never gave 20 armor. The shield of gratitude gave 20 armor, the PL shield gave a little less ;)

Zeus
01-07-2014, 12:50 PM
PL shields never gave 20 armor. The shield of gratitude gave 20 armor, the PL shield gave a little less ;)

18 armor 10 health (or was it 50?), if I remember correctly.

L1 Pink OP twink item. I miss those days :/

LEVEL ONE
01-07-2014, 12:57 PM
L1 Pink OP twink item. I miss those days :/

Thats what you would think. We PVPed back in the days and the plat store level one hammer was still better than fire axe + shield of gratitude.

Zeus
01-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Thats what you would think. We PVPed back in the days and the plat store level one hammer was still better than fire axe + shield of gratitude.

I used it at L20.

When combined with rose wand, it was a very deadly combination. The high armor + high debuff build lead to lots of 0s.

LEVEL ONE
01-07-2014, 02:06 PM
I used it at L20.

When combined with rose wand, it was a very deadly combination. The high armor + high debuff build lead to lots of 0s.

I can imagine all the hate you got for that lol...

Everyone'sFavMage
01-07-2014, 02:28 PM
U have a pl sheild parth? Never seen it.

Zeus
01-07-2014, 02:42 PM
@Kiran
Yeah, I have.

@Level
Yeah, definitely. People actually refused to fight me at times, lol!

VVake
01-07-2014, 02:54 PM

I used it at L20.

Was this mynasgen?:D I remember you would use hell scream + Rosewand proc = terror
And gratitude shield gave 20 armor and 10 health? I do not remember that..

quantionus
01-07-2014, 02:56 PM
So they just found it in their stashes and we cant get thema anymore and we are not missing anything right??

LEVEL ONE
01-07-2014, 03:27 PM
Was this mynasgen?:D I remember you would use hell scream + Rosewand proc = terror

Valentines rose wands came like half a year after the mynas gen...

Mynas gen = AO2 cap (lvl 45), july/august 2010 (the Mynas tomb map got nerfed in September, I think)
Rose Wands = February 2011

Zeus
01-07-2014, 03:49 PM

Yeah, but now it's outdated. Back then, it used to be the best you could get.

@Levelone My twink name was poking fun at the mynas generation, so I called it mynasgen.

LEVEL ONE
01-07-2014, 03:57 PM
@Levelone My twink name was poking fun at the mynas generation, so I called it mynasgen.
Do you still have that name?

Roberto077
01-07-2014, 04:20 PM
This^ sorry I'm out of thanks.

Gotchya covered

Extreme
01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Sorted out :) Thanks guys!

LEVEL ONE
01-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Sorted out :) Thanks guys!

What did you sort out? I want to know it too...

It's ridiciolous seeing two PL shields per towne...

Zeus
01-07-2014, 05:36 PM

Yeah, I do. Why?

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 05:41 PM

Yeah, I do. Why?

Hes a oldie so he wants it

Remiem
01-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Hey guys. There's not a large giveaway of these items happening. Rather, these shields are handed out in special cases by our customer service department to players as thank you items. Just FYI. :)

dudetus
01-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Hey guys. There's not a large giveaway of these items happening. Rather, these shields are handed out in special cases by our customer service department to players as thank you items. Just FYI. :)

Aiiiight. So, contributing to this community for over 3 years and playing for over 3 years (while spending immense amount of money to plat) seems not to be worthy enough.

I wonder what those other guys did.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 05:55 PM
An to think i spent 50m in gold to get one lol

@dudetus im sure they arent.goin to reward the long term players an plat spenders ALL at once, cause well it will b like angel vanity an nobody will like it anymore.

After 2-3 years playin ive seen many posts of well people wantin specialbits cause they spent this or this many hours or played this long, well they are doing it finally , so lets keep it G an just check daily to see if we all getem

Cheenivie
01-07-2014, 05:57 PM

How much plat did they spend?

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Dam jus wait for urs, u really think they wana diah it all out at once? It will just b likvthose angel vanities, everyone would hav them almosy

U think they.goin to tell u the requirements to get them? Just wait an see, its jus a vanity rite? Jus like founders rite? No big deal rite? Obviously not

Cheenivie
01-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Dam jus wait for urs, u really think they wana diah it all out at once? It will just b likvthose angel vanities, everyone would hav them almosy

U think they.goin to tell u the requirements to get them? Just wait an see, its jus a vanity rite? Jus like founders rite? No big deal rite? Obviously not

Stfu lwmark

Multibird
01-07-2014, 06:46 PM
dam jus wait for urs, u really think they wana diah it all out at once? It will just b likvthose angel vanities, everyone would hav them almosy

u think they.goin to tell u the requirements to get them? Just wait an see, its jus a vanity rite? Jus like founders rite? No big deal rite? Obviously not "not a large giveaway"

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 06:54 PM
Jus pay 50m like i did an u wont hav to wait to get one, if ur guna b jelly of the others, cause he thinks his requirements are so good

AvidLegend
01-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Guys this shield is given to players with outstanding community contribution. Giving a ton of noobs gold is nice but I doubt sts tracks it and throwing money at a company doesn't mean you are a helpful member of the community. The shield is also rewarded by customer service if there is some issue with your game play. Example: a player told me he received 3x combo from daily blessing several times and yet never actually got it. When they finally helped him and looked into the problem they found it was an error on the developer end and they rewarded him with 3x combo for a few days and a PL shield as an apology.

Just be nice and continue to help the community and you may eventually get a shield of your own. Unfortunately it's very hard to be recognized for good deeds in PL because the developers and moderators are a mere few and we are many

Jig
01-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Guys this shield is given to players with outstanding community contribution. Giving a ton of noobs gold is nice but I doubt sts tracks it and throwing money at a company doesn't mean you are a helpful member of the community. The shield is also rewarded by customer service if there is some issue with your game play. Example: a player told me he received 3x combo from daily blessing several times and yet never actually got it. When they finally helped him and looked into the problem they found it was an error on the developer end and they rewarded him with 3x combo for a few days and a PL shield as an apology.

Just be nice and continue to help the community and you may eventually get a shield of your own. Unfortunately it's very hard to be recognized for good deeds in PL because the developers and moderators are a mere few and we are many

Paying them a pretty price helps a little ;)

AvidLegend
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I've paid about $1000 maybe less over my three years and have no PL shield to rep on my arm so hard to say if money actually helps haha

Jig
01-07-2014, 07:08 PM
I've paid about $1000 maybe less over my three years and have no PL shield to rep on my arm so hard to say if money actually helps haha

Ok then.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:10 PM
And the emails start.....now

Jig
01-07-2014, 07:12 PM
And the emails start.....now

Lmfao yep! Probably started yesterday! But here we go!

Oh god I am feeling for the support devs.....

TechniShock
01-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Everybody who got the shield got an email to check their stash. I didn't get an email from STG. I don't actually need a PL shield, really.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:19 PM
Na one is enough, they are strict now, spendin the 50m was easier

Jig
01-07-2014, 07:41 PM
Na one is enough, they are strict now, spendin the 50m was easier

You spent how much ?

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:46 PM
50m

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Not to sts ,to a contest winner

Jig
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
50m

Edit: You are talking about In-Game gold right Lmfao and ohhh! Wow!

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 07:55 PM
Yes i offered to giv 15m first then after.he giv me his "stuff" i would giv the other 35m, cause i was willin to lose 15m compared to 50m all at.once if he.jipped me, but it worked out fine , i never got to merge it cause they stopped doin that, so its just in the mages inventory, but i actually played on it last.night so ill start wearin it nowadays less suspicion

Reunegade
01-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes i offered to giv 15m first then after.he giv me his "stuff" i would giv the other 35m, cause i was willin to lose 15m compared to 50m all at.once if he.jipped me, but it worked out fine , i never got to merge it cause they stopped doin that, so its just in the mages inventory, but i actually played on it last.night so ill start wearin it nowadays less suspicion
S) bans 100% off

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 08:00 PM
Cant really get banned, when u are banned, an play diff devices from diff connections

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 08:01 PM
An im sure this was already known along with all the founders and.other stuffs

Reunegade
01-07-2014, 08:05 PM
An im sure this was already known along with all the founders and.other stuffs
Well nice talking to ya. See you soon in Banned Land!

Jig
01-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Well nice talking to ya. See you soon in Banned Land!

Shush please swagganarb stop acting tough lol

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks yo! Then i will see u as soon as i make another forum! Like the 20+ bfore this!

Reunegade
01-07-2014, 08:10 PM
Shush please swagganarb stop acting tough lol
Okay then. I guess I'll just sit back and let the ToS breakers rule the community, see how that goes.

Thanks yo! Then i will see u as soon as i make another forum! Like the 20+ bfore this!
Yea yea, I think we know the drill.

Jig
01-07-2014, 08:11 PM

Good luck with that...

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Lol na i only pop up wen my name is mentioned, like Doc said at top of thread other then that i jus stay away an jus sit in cs all day on my lowlvl mage or bear whenever i play, i dont endgame no more, since my bear.was takin away, so strictly merch or lerk forum

TEOKILLO
01-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Lol na i only pop up wen my name is mentioned, like Doc said at top of thread other then that i jus stay away an jus sit in cs all day on my lowlvl mage or bear whenever i play, i dont endgame no more, since my bear.was takin away, so strictly merch or lerk forum

#nolife to try so hard to stay in a game that you are hated in lol

Elitephonix
01-07-2014, 08:34 PM
My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 08:36 PM
I just dont like any otha games, i jus cant leav this one, so i will stay, kuz i stil enjoy it an makin my gold for wen i hav down time, im on many of yalls friendslist an u dont even kno it lol yawn

Argyros
01-07-2014, 08:39 PM
I just dont like any otha games, i jus cant leav this one, so i will stay, kuz i stil enjoy it an makin my gold for wen i hav down time, im on many of yalls friendslist an u dont even kno it lol yawn

Retireditems?

AvidLegend
01-07-2014, 08:45 PM
The act of buying and selling accounts is against ToS. Please do not talk about it on forums.

Elitephonix
01-07-2014, 08:53 PM
Aiiiight. So, contributing to this community for over 3 years and playing for over 3 years (while spending immense amount of money to plat) seems not to be worthy enough.

I wonder what those other guys did.

They did squats

Roberto077
01-07-2014, 08:57 PM
The act of buying and selling accounts is against ToS. Please do not talk about it on forums.

I don't know how you got the idea that this thread was specifically based on that point. Selling accounts is not relevant towards item multiplication. Also, if you look at the past 5 or so posts, they are even more unrelated; in fact, idk what they're talking about :/

AvidLegend
01-07-2014, 09:00 PM
I don't know how you got the idea that this thread was specifically based on that point. Selling accounts is not relevant towards item multiplication. Also, if you look at the past 5 or so posts, they are even more unrelated; in fact, idk what they're talking about :/

This thread isn't about buying accounts at all it was being discussed in recent posts however

Xyzther
01-07-2014, 10:00 PM

I love you
Btw more vids pls

Roberto077
01-07-2014, 10:16 PM
This thread isn't about buying accounts at all it was being discussed in recent posts however

That's why included the perfect example of the recent posts... and the common type of post on the PL forums:

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 10:21 PM

I love you
Btw more vids pls

Love you to xyscyther
glad ur not banned i was followin ur gold fbow
I wana make more vids but it would have my INGAME NAME GRRRRRR

Delphina
01-07-2014, 10:28 PM
Thread locked at the request of the OP.