PDA

View Full Version : Mythic Pendant and Ring Upgrade

Sorcerie
01-07-2014, 04:33 PM
So I was thinking that instead of coming out with entirely new mythic accessories why doesn't sts just create an upgrade quest like they did for the armors to make them lvl 36? It could follow the same formula as the armors in that you would have to speak to an NPC and then do some crazy long quest to obtain shards or something.

I bring this up cause I know a lot of capped players who have mentioned that they would love a new difficult quest at end game, and by upgrading these two items to lvl 36 it would make for an entertaining and worthy quest line to keep them busy and power up at the same time.

So for example, the Blood Ruby could be upgraded to something like "The Blood Heart of Shuyal" and the pendants could be something like, "The Amulet of Disaster - The Stellar Pendant - Claw of Fenrir" -- and to make it more interesting they could also create a cool new particle effect for the necklaces to denote the class it belongs to like they did with archon rings.

I dunno, just a thought considering that these items have been around for a while and we could use something else to look forward to and build upon for these slightly outdated mythics.

Any thoughts?

Badassthor
01-07-2014, 05:14 PM
Bad idea. Now no one needs to work and save for new mythic rings and pendants. No one would be farming elites again because everyone already has the best equips.

Zeus
01-07-2014, 05:35 PM
What would be the point of legendary gear then if all you had to pay was a 500k-1M premium for Mythic gear in order for it to last multiple campaigns?

Kakashis
01-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Haha this is the last season for the mythic Rings and amulets to be the best! Sell them before they become twink

UnderAgeKids
01-07-2014, 06:34 PM
Haha this is the last season for the mythic Rings and amulets to be the best! Sell them before they become twink

Try compare twink item with end game item.

Morholt
01-07-2014, 09:22 PM
It's been said way too many times to type up all the 'why,' but upgrading gear like this is horrible for the game. Both for sts' finances, as well as players' entertainment.

The Shuyal expansion was a flop because everyone with mythic gear last season already had the new best gear.

xXz21
01-07-2014, 09:35 PM
before this theys should change the mytic upgrade after up u lost the ''gems'' thhis i think is stupid. after upgrade ur armor should be the same with the same stone but upgraded and lv 36..

Ebezaanec
01-07-2014, 09:39 PM
No, no, no.. No more upgrades. I want to actually enjoy the expansion.

If it takes all expansion for my gear, so be it.. At least i won't be bored after a month.

phillyr
01-07-2014, 11:04 PM
All u guys keep saying everybody has this already everybody has that already...do you not even see how many people that play the game that don't have a speck of mythic? I was fortunate enough to enjoy them since the 31cap, but I know so many casual players that work at getting it but just aren't there yet. I'm not a rich player by any means, but over course of my first month I spent a hefty sum of cash greeting what I got, if it all becomes worthless...what would be the point in obtaining it in the first place?...not trying to be rude to previous posts even tho it may look that way
:-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

VanRah
01-08-2014, 03:54 AM
I think dev could still upgrade mythic gear while at the same time, with the new expansion, they could introduce the new ARCANE GEAR!!!
This way the players having already the mythic gear will work to get the arcane gear and the ones that still don't have the mythic gear can keep working to get mythics or arcanes or both of them :D

Anarchist
01-08-2014, 05:04 AM
Bad idea. Now no one needs to work and save for new mythic rings and pendants. No one would be farming elites again because everyone already has the best equips.

I don't think everyone has the BEST equips maybe 5-10% of AL player does.

nelson131
01-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Lol it's about 1-2%

Sorcerie
01-08-2014, 08:48 AM
All u guys keep saying everybody has this already everybody has that already...do you not even see how many people that play the game that don't have a speck of mythic? I was fortunate enough to enjoy them since the 31cap, but I know so many casual players that work at getting it but just aren't there yet. I'm not a rich player by any means, but over course of my first month I spent a hefty sum of cash greeting what I got, if it all becomes worthless...what would be the point in obtaining it in the first place?...not trying to be rude to previous posts even tho it may look that way
:-P

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TapatalkExactly, let's not generalize by saying EVERYONE has mythics because we know for sure that isn't the case. Not all of us run around in circles with people who are armed to the teeth with new mythics and/or arcanes. And let's face it, the only mythic items that are cap relevant are the armors, the new weapons, and the arcane staff which are damn near impossible to get atm without paying extraordinary premiums.

I just think the accessories could use a buff to keep them as relevant as the armors or for all we know they could introduce a new set all together. It just seems like the former with a quest would be a fun and entertaining way to keep capped players without new arcanes or mythics that may be coming interested in buying them. I would hate to see the pendants and ring become completely obsolete after going to great lengths to obtain them, not all of us have been playing long enough to have enjoyed them for two seasons.

I think dev could still upgrade mythic gear while at the same time, with the new expansion, they could introduce the new ARCANE GEAR!!!
This way the players having already the mythic gear will work to get the arcane gear and the ones that still don't have the mythic gear can keep working to get mythics or arcanes or both of them :DMy point exactly!

Desperoto
01-08-2014, 08:53 AM
This way the players having already the mythic gear will work to get the arcane gear and the ones that still don't have the mythic gear can keep working to get mythics or arcanes or both of them :D
No arcane gear, arcane is already very op. Imagine: Arcane helm, weapon, arcane body. Rogues with 2k armor+, 700 damage and 4k+ hp?

Anarchist
01-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Idea:

Its simple make old mythic gears upgradable just lk in last expansion

BUT

The upgrade would be damn difficult.
Like finding a special rear boss in every new map after killing the boss of the map that will loot a certain ingredient ( this special boss is hard and rare, as rare as finding Bael II ecc or even rarer).
Each boss loot a different ingredient and five ingredients (untradeble and not always droppable ) upgrades a old myth to the new type.

People will farm all day like crazy for a very long time, Eh.

Energizeric
01-08-2014, 11:57 PM

Doesn't matter what you call it, all you'll be doing is shifting everything up one level. Prices will settle and be the same, and then in 3 months you'll be complaining that you need arcane gear to compete in PvP.

Your solution is like if the government prints more money to help the economy become richer. All that happens is inflation.

Instanthumor
01-09-2014, 12:00 AM
No arcane gear, arcane is already very op. Imagine: Arcane helm, weapon, arcane body. Rogues with 2k armor+, 700 damage and 4k+ hp?

I quit.

Morholt
01-09-2014, 12:29 AM
So you say it's okay to upgrade mythics again because not many people have them anyway?
That's just making the rich richer then. As mythic players start the season off with top gear already...and are then able to farm the crap out of elite maps and make a killing off the elite pinks to all the non-mythic players.

Instanthumor
01-09-2014, 12:58 AM
So you say it's okay to upgrade mythics again because not many people have them anyway?
That's just making the rich richer then. As mythic players start the season off with top gear already...and are then able to farm the crap out of elite maps and make a killing off the elite pinks to all the non-mythic players.

But when you come to think of it, don't you think that's already happening?

Sexun Buzz
01-09-2014, 02:00 AM
hmmm...release a new sets of lv36 mythics same stat. like upgraded mythic. .but different looks and effects...

Anarchist
01-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Alright if the problem here is that every rich player has a myth and if myths will be upgradable next season they won't farm for it and new season gears would be worthless we can:

1)
Give the new season gears better stats than current myth and leave the mythic NOT upgradeable for a very long time (6-7Weeks).
But this is a temporary solution sooner or later we will be back here after the sixth week discussing.

2)Let myth and only myth gears be obtainable from new expansion map after following a outrageous questline. Half or 3/4 of the quest is used for upgrading the mythic gear , the rest of the quest will grant a non tradeable mythic gear to the non mythic player after he complete the all the quest.

The best suggestion i have seen so far is of Energizeric:

www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281

Morholt
01-09-2014, 04:54 AM
But when you come to think of it, don't you think that's already happening?Getting new mythics first gives you the advantage, yes.
But at least with new ones, you actually have to try getting them. Nor are they rampantly abundant. With upping old mythics, they are way too many at the start--especially with how easy it is...breaking barrels...lol

Mythic items are very abundant. They've been available for 2 seasons already--3 for the helm! Really...you guys want the same items dropping for 3-4 seasons as the top item?!

New items are good for every game & its community.

Having an item continuously being the best of its kind for many seasons is ridiculous and makes for a very lame game. Not upgrading your gear after a while is going to get lame to everyone at some point.

Mythic items are supposed to last for 2 level caps. That's it.
Stop complaining, people. Don't complain that they cost so much. It's a rare item. If you want to have the best gear while it's the best, you're going to have to pay the price.

A 2004 Corvette isn't worth $60k today. Nor even half that. But when they were released, plenty of people paid that. People buying it knew 2 things: that they'll continially be worth less over time; and despite that, they'll get to have one of the most badass sports cars on the roads for a year before the next year's.

(This isn't directed at you instant. Just branching off our theoretical conversation on the future of mythic. As well as me being a little annoyed with this topic coming up YET AGAIN, when it's financially a HORRIBLE idea for sts to do.)

Sephiroth143
01-09-2014, 04:55 AM
My opinion, stick to lvl 36 armor n helm for lvl 41 expansion, but introduce lvl 41 mythic weapons, rings (each different classes) & amulets (each different classes as usual) so it wont op n to those who spent plats on gettin helm n armor full grand gemmed wont feel upset regrettin & still wanna play tis game. No foul play here, juz puttin up my suggestion to sts. If u so nded to upgrade armor n helm, at least dont make the full grand gemmed be lost, only normal gems lost so people at least happier lookin forward to the next expansion. Put up some work on tis sts, we pay ur bills so at least do some adjustment on tat or else stick to the above opinion. Thks.

VanRah
01-09-2014, 05:29 AM
Alright if the problem here is that every rich player has a myth and if myths will be upgradable next season they won't farm for it and new season gears would be worthless we can:

1)
Give the new season gears better stats than current myth and leave the mythic NOT upgradeable for a very long time (6-7Weeks).
But this is a temporary solution sooner or later we will be back here after the sixth week discussing.

2)Let myth and only myth gears be obtainable from new expansion map after following a outrageous questline. Half or 3/4 of the quest is used for upgrading the mythic gear , the rest of the quest will grant a non tradeable mythic gear to the non mythic player.

The best suggestion i have seen so far is of Energizeric:

www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281

That solution is only good for plat user players...
The ones with no plat can't use elixirs...
Furthermore being an elite dungeon the players with mythic gear will still be advataged while the poor pink players will end up giving up to redoing the dungeon...
It's a solution only for the minority of the rich players.
So I'm not for it.
Making new arcane n mythic items dropping from bosses/mobs is a good idea though.

Doesn't matter what you call it, all you'll be doing is shifting everything up one level. Prices will settle and be the same, and then in 3 months you'll be complaining that you need arcane gear to compete in PvP.

Your solution is like if the government prints more money to help the economy become richer. All that happens is inflation.

If u make a new mythic gear wouldn't it still be the same? U'll still need that new mythic gear to compete in pvp.
The only difference that will be there introducing the new arcane gear n upgrading the old mythic gear will be that, even if the arcane gear will be the best one both for pve n pvp, players with the mythic gear will still be able to keep up somehow with the arcane players.
Something that can't be done now as the pink geared player can't have any chance vs a mythic geared player.
About the economy of AL I think u can't reckon anything.
I think that the players that now are mythic/full mythic geared will be happy to have the new arcane gear to work for, while the fact that the old mythic gear is still worth having (and selling!), will make happy also the players that never had it n have been working so hard to try getting it. No effort will be wasted.

Anarchist
01-09-2014, 08:06 AM
That solution is only good for plat user players...
The ones with no plat can't use elixirs...
Furthermore being an elite dungeon the players with mythic gear will still be advataged while the poor pink players will end up giving up to redoing the dungeon...
It's a solution only for the minority of the rich players.
So I'm not for it.
Making new arcane n mythic items dropping from bosses/mobs is a good idea though.

You can use Lep instead of a elixir.
I see legendary gear players farming elite shuyal all day.(Having a tarlok will be extra fine)
If you give up redoing the dungeon over and over (this is called farming) that means you don't want the mythic gear and it's your fault.
Richness is not involved it's pure luck just like looting a Arch Pylon of brutality instead of fatality, Pure Luck.
You don't drop the arcane or myths from boss this will kill the market and overflood it.

Keep in mind you have to give incentives for people to farm while keeping:
the myth market up.
the legendary market up.

The myths and arcane must be untradeable and very hard to get.

Chaim Nail
01-09-2014, 09:00 AM
I have the upgraded mythic armor+helm for my warrior, which was achieved through a bit of luck getting the armor from a crate and lots and lots of play. It's nice but what worries me is that there will be level 41 legendaries that'll surpass my level 36 mythics, just look a how close the best level 36 Tarloks are.

What reasurrance can STS give us that our level 36 mythics will still be better than the best level 41 legendaries?

Despite making quite a bit of gold from selling crates last weekend I won't be spending it on upgrading my ring or amulet to mythic because I'd have to spend millions just for a slight stat increase, on mythic items that are level 31 at best, next seasons best legendaries will almost certainly surpass them.

fritzce
01-09-2014, 09:03 AM

agree, i'll effin' quit right away if an arcane armor, helm or accessories are introduced. -_-

fritzce
01-09-2014, 09:19 AM

if myths and arcanes must be untradeable, then what should i do with my myths after (if ever) i got the new best gears in future expansions?

Chaim Nail
01-09-2014, 09:28 AM
if myths and arcanes must be untradeable, then what should i do with my myths after (if ever) i got the new best gears in future expansions?

All of us who upgraded our mythic armor+helm are stuck with them, they've become untradeable, so the only things left to do with them in the future is:

1) Stash em.
2) Liquidate em.
3) Wear them about town to show how awesome you once were :)

Kostral
01-09-2014, 09:32 AM
Thats the most important question that every Myth/Arcane stuff owner may ask them self...

be sure i m curious to...

fritzce
01-09-2014, 10:40 AM
All of us who upgraded our mythic armor+helm are stuck with them, they've become untradeable, so the only things left to do with them in the future is:

1) Stash em.
2) Liquidate em.
3) Wear them about town to show how awesome you once were :)

i spent money for that and it will only get rotten in my stash or just to liquidate them? lol. wearing them is one thing, but where's the benefit in wearing it just to show off?

Hoardseeker
01-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Yea lunar must be upgraded...
my normal tarlok heart[lv35][normal gemmed[2]] gives +1 than lunar![ungemmed]

cloud17h
01-09-2014, 11:50 AM
A big problem is the ap (400 just for 1 season)...for the amulets and rings, new ones its better because we need more variety, and more weapons

sitiii
01-09-2014, 02:35 PM
new expansion idea with new powerful arcane gear,
oh man, its make very very very huge distance between arcane user and legendary user

please not new weapon, just new pet and new quest

hopefullly STS read this

Zuzeq
01-09-2014, 02:48 PM
I think the better move would to release new lvl 41 ones in crates and Elite Golden whatever chest/boxes.

Striderevil
01-09-2014, 03:06 PM
Upgrading mythics is a fine proposition why? Simply because its not as prevalent and is still rare. After 3 seasons the mythic items are still selling anywhere between 2-5 mill showing that there is very much a demand and many who have opened 300+ crates haven't been lucky in getting anything.

Even now how many upgraded mythic lvl 36 geared items are for sale? I'll tell you none.

All the devs have to do is release a rare gem whose droprate is equivalent to a mythic item that can help craft lvl 41 upgraded armor. They can even release 3 rare gems which are specific for that class to upgrade their armor and helm. The upgrade can also only be performed upon completing a quest. That should make it fair enough. New pendants and amulets can be released for mythic or arcane gear.

Because arcane is so ridiculously rare, these item should be allowed to be upgraded after maybe obtaining an arcane gem.

If anyone thinks that after releasing arcane weapons and pets that no equivalent arcane armor will be released is living in la la land. Even now the arcane weapons are ridiculously expensive and are as rare as ever.

Chaim Nail
01-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Even now how many upgraded mythic lvl 36 geared items are for sale? I'll tell you none.

That'll be because nobody can sell upgraded mythic armor+helm, they become untradeable after upgrading.

I like the idea of upgrading through high powered gems, but hope it wouldn't be implimented in the same way as getting a grand gem as that's ridiculously wasteful in terms of time & gems. Perhaps some big (and not too easy) quest to acquire mythic armor upgrade gems?

i spent money for that and it will only get rotten in my stash or just to liquidate them? lol. wearing them is one thing, but where's the benefit in wearing it just to show off?

I knew when upgrading my mythic armour+helm that I wouldn't be able to trade them afterwards, which was ok with me because I'd previously seen a hammer that cost me 500,000 gold drop to 1/10 the price when the new expansion came into play. Almost every item in the game has a shelf-life (apart from vanities, and pets to a certain degree), it's the game's natural order of things, if new items weren't introduced then the whole game would become quite stagnant.

plutod
01-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Sts this is what u do..........listen carefully. First keep those mythic item
But introduce the lvl cap gears but make it so that you need lvl 36 gear acquired
To equip the new capped gear(basically acquire both new and old to wear new items.)
As for mythic armor and helm, I say you introduce capped armor and helm
And make it better than lvl 36 upgraded. As for lvl 36 armor and helm u have too do some huge
Quest a little more difficult than last one to make it equal the new armor and helm that u just introduced in the expansion.
Also to make many people happy and excited to get these you should make both armors look
(excuse my language)so ****ing awesome.

becky_xil
01-09-2014, 08:40 PM
So I was thinking that instead of coming out with entirely new mythic accessories why doesn't sts just create an upgrade quest like they did for the armors to make them lvl 36? It could follow the same formula as the armors in that you would have to speak to an NPC and then do some crazy long quest to obtain shards or something.

I bring this up cause I know a lot of capped players who have mentioned that they would love a new difficult quest at end game, and by upgrading these two items to lvl 36 it would make for an entertaining and worthy quest line to keep them busy and power up at the same time.

So for example, the Blood Ruby could be upgraded to something like "The Blood Heart of Shuyal" and the pendants could be something like, "The Amulet of Disaster - The Stellar Pendant - Claw of Fenrir" -- and to make it more interesting they could also create a cool new particle effect for the necklaces to denote the class it belongs to like they did with archon rings.

I dunno, just a thought considering that these items have been around for a while and we could use something else to look forward to and build upon for these slightly outdated mythics.

Any thoughts?

Bad idea but.. if devs release new ring and pendant like arcane stuff.. it is possible then.. upgraded mythic ring and pendant vs arcane..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

fritzce
01-10-2014, 02:11 AM
Because arcane is so ridiculously rare, these item should be allowed to be upgraded after maybe obtaining an arcane gem.

If anyone thinks that after releasing arcane weapons and pets that no equivalent arcane armor will be released is living in la la land. Even now the arcane weapons are ridiculously expensive and are as rare as ever.

nah, there are lots of arcane users out there in lvl 36 pvp, even in towns. it just hurts that you need a team with a good geared warrior to clash with `em. :/

fritzce
01-10-2014, 02:18 AM
Sts this is what u do..........listen carefully. First keep those mythic item
But introduce the lvl cap gears but make it so that you need lvl 36 gear acquired
To equip the new capped gear(basically acquire both new and old to wear new items.)
As for mythic armor and helm, I say you introduce capped armor and helm
And make it better than lvl 36 upgraded. As for lvl 36 armor and helm u have too do some huge
Quest a little more difficult than last one to make it equal the new armor and helm that u just introduced in the expansion.
Also to make many people happy and excited to get these you should make both armors look
(excuse my language)so ****ing awesome.

I was also thinking another myth helm and armor quest line wherein the upgraded myth set, PLUS a set of lvl 26 helm and lvl 31 armor is needed, that way existing myth players will need to buy another myth set for them to upgrade again the existing upgraded myth set.

VanRah
01-11-2014, 07:18 AM
You can use Lep instead of a elixir.
I see legendary gear players farming elite shuyal all day.(Having a tarlok will be extra fine)
If you give up redoing the dungeon over and over (this is called farming) that means you don't want the mythic gear and it's your fault.
Richness is not involved it's pure luck just like looting a Arch Pylon of brutality instead of fatality, Pure Luck.
You don't drop the arcane or myths from boss this will kill the market and overflood it.

Keep in mind you have to give incentives for people to farm while keeping:
the myth market up.
the legendary market up.

I don't agree with u about all lol
First: try farming with lepre on n then try farming with elixir on.
Now limit the farming time (cause the proposed idea was an elite dungeon farmable in a limited time).
Result?
Only people with lix farmed something.
Yeah maybe a few players only wearing lepre got the so called luck n got the prizes but still I doubt their number is relevant.
The most of the players non mythic geared n using only lepre (not elixir) after farming n farming for nothing may have likely give up redoing the dungeon.
It's like opening locked...if u keep opening them n never get something at some point u will stop opening them.
U said that richness is not involved it's pure luck. Oh well, luck=lepre n elixir; elixir=plat; plat=money. Conclusion luck=richness.
U said to see legendary geared players farming elite shuyal all day n that having a tarlok will be extra fine.
Now tell me for how long do u think one player runs elite maps in pink gear?
Wearing non mythic gear means using more money to buy pots (unless u don't care to die which I doubt being the case). I doubt a non mythic geared player has so much money to waste into pots (plus he is saving money to buy mythics I guess).
Now add to that the frustation of not being able to loot anything wearing only the lepre.
If you give up redoing the dungeon over and over (farming as u stated) that doesn't mean you don't want the mythic gear and it's not your fault as u instead said.
It means the system doesn't work as it should or it has to be implemented/changed.
And another thing, the fact mythic/arcane items drop from bosses/mobs was in the same Energizeric's suggestion u have seen as the best so far.
Dropping arcane/mythics from bosses/mobs won't necessary kill the market and overflood it. It all depends on the looting percentage.
Saying that the mythics and arcane items must be untradeable and very hard to get is like saying only plat users can have them.
I could understand them to be hard to get, but not their being untradable.
In short I don't agree with anything that u said.
Remember that the most of the players are non plat users (n maybe even only kids).
Suggest something that consider them as well.

Anarchist
01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Okay, i will to be as clear as possible.

Nobody farms a elite map with lepre you put it on when you get to the boss, except for when you are farming archons.

Energizerc quest was just a example quest.
It should be added to the next expansion as a "ingredient upgrading system" gainig unlimited duration, though i still have many things to add to it like not looting the ingredients directly from the map boss but from another boss that spawns when you kill the map boss this boss will be as rare as KrunchII Amra zu ecc.

I don't get the equation :S

How long can a player farm with Legendaries? Enough to reach is goal, Gaining a myth set.

When did having money for pots became a problem for endgame players?

If you give up on something that means you didn't really want it.

If 5 rare ingredients are needed to make a myth. That means five myths would be looted by the same person if they are looted directly from boss.
I see myths saturation in the future like this.

Kakashis
01-11-2014, 09:34 PM
Actually I farm with lep on all the time! Trash mobs dropping archon is worth the minor slow down. Although I've never looted one :(

VanRah
01-12-2014, 07:13 AM
Nobody farms a elite map with lepre you put it on when you get to the boss, except for when you are farming archons.

I know many people farming shuyal elite with lepre on all the time just for a chance to get the archon rings...
Anyway let's say in this case we only wear the lepre at the boss, the problem is it's being quite useless in being lucky as the weakening items are the pinks u wear to run the dungeon...

Energizerc quest was just a example quest.
It should be added to the next expansion as a "ingredient upgrading system" gainig unlimited duration, though i still have many things to add to it like not looting the ingredients directly from the map boss but from another boss that spawns when you kill the map boss this boss will be as rare as KrunchII Amra zu ecc.
I know that n that's why I said it would be better if u suggest something that consider the non plat user players too.

I don't get the equation :S
It's not difficult to understand... to get better items u need to use plat lol

How long can a player farm with Legendaries? Enough to reach is goal, Gaining a myth set.
If the time is limited like in the given example, I doubt he can farm as much as he would like to... with pink gear on n n not being a millionaire (as the most is not like that) n seeing his luck sucks n he is only wasting pots (aka money) to run the dungeon many times (=farming) for nothing he is "lead" to give up redoing the dungeon again.

When did having money for pots became a problem for endgame players?
It's a problem for endgame players too. I saw many endgame players having to sell locked just to have enough money to buy potions to be able to run again...
Stop assuming all are millionaire please -.- N don't forget that the non plat user players prefer saving money to be able to buy mythic eventually rather than wasting it on pots.
N again keep in mind a pink geared player will need to use more pots (=more money!) than a mythic geared player does.

If you give up on something that means you didn't really want it.
Or it can mean u are unable to get it even if u want it so much, no matter what u do.

If 5 rare ingredients are needed to make a myth. That means five myths would be looted by the same person if they are looted directly from boss.
I see myths saturation in the future like this.
Unless u make the myhtic drop directly from boss with a very low percentage (n the 5 rare ingredients don't drop at all).
Anyway even if I think it's a good idea that mythic n arcane items drop from bosses, it has yet to be thought a good way to reasize it.

phillyr
01-13-2014, 02:37 PM
Why does everybody say it's a bad idea financially for sts? Are you their accountant? If u wanna buy plat for locked...your gonna, no matter what gear you're wearing. There is so much more content to get it if locked than just mythic gears. People are not gonna stop opening locked because they got the gear they wanted. If they did locked would be selling for 1k by now. Sooooo many players haven't reached the point where most of the players here taking about it have.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Morholt
01-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Upgrading is financially bad because it won't "force" players to open a crate. Look how cheap the pendants are to trade for....400k? They're quite abundant. Why in the world would a person open a locked for that? A person is better off turning 400 platinum into gold. Most people opening lockeds are disappointed when they see a mythic amulet.

Releasing a lvl 40/41 mythic amulet now gives more reason to try opening locks. People actually WANT to get the amulet. At the start of its release, it'll be worth several million gold. People then are left with the choice of paying 5-7 million gold for the amulet (while also attempting to buy a lvl 41 mythic helm for 20 million gold) or opening crates (which also holds other super high valuables now) for it.

If you think the crates are bringing sts good revenue as is, just wait until you see what happens when the worst mythic items in them are worth 5 million gold and the best worth as much as over 20 million.

Oh, and it's also financially bad because it makes the game horribly boring and people stop playing. Even with just non-plat spenders leaving, it hurts as it gives less people to play with and platinum buyers may take their money to a more fun game with a thriving player base.

I'm not an accountant, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

becky_xil
01-13-2014, 04:49 PM
Meh.. whats the point you guys keep arguing about.. just wait for it..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone