PDA

View Full Version : The drop reset myth True or False? ( With proof )

Chicken Fry
01-07-2014, 04:42 PM
So at the end of Winterfest the server obviously went down for an update. A myth I commonly hear is that drops via farming are exceptionally better after an update, as they reset. I took up the challenge to try and test it out, and these were my results in a 1 hour farming period using a 1.5x 24 hour daily elixir and 2 shamrock elixirs giving me 100% reroll. So obviously I wasn't farming steels lol. All my drops were L60

Is there enough proof to support this theory or can someone fully explain what happens to the drop system after an update.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Wheres the proof?
U think if people knew or sts would tell us people would farm everyday?
Wed just sit around waitin for updates, oh wait wed b waitin forever.
To be honest just like yo pics say....

You ARE (got)Lucky!

Chicken Fry
01-07-2014, 05:43 PM
I wasn't the only person farming. Couple randoms racking up around 6+ steels. Looking at the facts in items it could be true.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-07-2014, 05:47 PM
That's completely normal for an hour. Especially with shamrocks.

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 05:47 PM
I highly doubt its tru, only thing.i can c is sts adjusts drops rates here an there dependin on sales, maybe they want more cash so they raise.drop rates, but without us realizin, but i doubt that to.

Or

You Are Lucky!

RealEyesRealizeRealLies
01-07-2014, 05:49 PM
That's completely normal for an hour. Especially with shamrocks.

Very tru, i remember i made a 56 when they raised rates an did soany runs an made alot.from nuri

Ssneakykills
01-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Yeah straight after a update 1 hour in slayer got me L75 flying armour, L75 beastly scythe, 2 red diamonds and some recipe so yes it's seems to me the theory is true

Ssneakykills
01-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Or maybe just a load of luck who knows

Sheugokin
01-07-2014, 06:08 PM
U know max. ^.^

Aerospacegod
01-07-2014, 06:27 PM
To small sample size to be sure but after update yesterday my luck totally changed for the better.

My theory on luck algorithm:
More people online= better luck for all(don't farm at 4am STS time)
Luck pool is fixed; if you use Luck elixers/combos/big luck you just get more of the pie(keeps economy stable)
It's why plat zones have a higher drop rate, so many less playing it it appears to to give more pinks.(in actuality your just a bigger fish in a small pond)
Since pink pool is fixed if there has been many given out we can hit a dry spell.
An update resets the clock allowing more pinks to come again if we were dry, or potentially way less if the drops were great and reset to a more normal amount.