PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for gem recipes to drop from copper/silver/gold chests

Haowesie
01-07-2014, 11:58 PM
I think the tarlok gem's really gave an edge for the legendary and epic items. Maybe different gem recipes can drop from copper, silver or gold chests with something similar to Tarlok's gem recipes which means:
- recipes are non-tradeable
- but gems produced can be sold
- recipes can only be used one time (i.e. it's lost after a gem is crafted)

Here's a sample for stat bonus similar to Tarlok's gems (ofc dev's would know better stat distribution based on current class balance), but just to give an idea:

Copper chests:
Wisdom: 1 int
Wind: 1 dex
Rage: 1 str

Silver chests:
Wisdom: 1 int / 1 str
Wind: 1 dex / 1 int
Rage: 1 str / 1 dex

Gold chests:
Wisdom: 2 int / 1 str
Wind: 2 dex / 1 int
Rage: 2 str / 1 dex

Elite Gold / Locked Crates:
Wisdom: 3 int / 2 str
Wind: 3 dex / 2 int
Rage: 2 str / 2 dex

Hopefully, this would also put back some value on chests and actually be farmed...

-rasi

firechandra
01-08-2014, 09:01 AM
I think the idea is good but I don't understand what do you mean with copper chest gems giving 1 int or dex or str because they would be useless recipes, so I think they should be always +2+2 or +2+1 to mantain tarlok event gems more valuable(or to do recipes that require more essences to do a gem) and +4+2 or +4+1 for exceptionals (lvl 35+ talking) in all the chests but with different drop rate in different chests. Another option to put back value on chests could be to do as with winter chests a recipe that can combine coppers into silver and silvers into gold or many coppers dropped in old maps into a copper of last expansion and so on...

TheMightyFeusalet
01-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Hmmm, i think it is a good idea, i would just say that from all crates there could drop 3 differnet recipes, but you got more change to find it in golden then a copper. It isn't a good idea to make the recipes drop from crates bcoz then the prizes of the lockeds will go down bcoz you a lower change to find myhtic gear, eggs, etc, etc,....

Haowesie
01-08-2014, 04:59 PM
I think the idea is good but I don't understand what do you mean with copper chest gems giving 1 int or dex or str because they would be useless recipes, so I think they should be always +2+2 or +2+1 to mantain tarlok event gems more valuable(or to do recipes that require more essences to do a gem) and +4+2 or +4+1 for exceptionals (lvl 35+ talking) in all the chests but with different drop rate in different chests. Another option to put back value on chests could be to do as with winter chests a recipe that can combine coppers into silver and silvers into gold or many coppers dropped in old maps into a copper of last expansion and so on...

What I mean is there will be three different recipes: copper, silver and gold recipes...each giving a higher/better stat based on their drop rate.

I also like the idea of combining chest to make a better, though I'm not sure how that would work for each expansion has a different name chest.

Haowesie
01-08-2014, 05:04 PM
Hmmm, i think it is a good idea, i would just say that from all crates there could drop 3 differnet recipes, but you got more change to find it in golden then a copper. It isn't a good idea to make the recipes drop from crates bcoz then the prizes of the lockeds will go down bcoz you a lower change to find myhtic gear, eggs, etc, etc,....

Yes, you are right... I guess it will also lower the loot change in elite chests if more things were added into it the loot table.