PDA

View Full Version : PL Shield

NECROREAPER
01-08-2014, 04:45 AM
So apparently people have been getting the PL vanity shield as a ʻrewardʻ for some thing they are doing. Also, apparently its been causing quite a commotion in game and on the forum. I have one thing to say about this:

I have a PL shield, I won it through a contest a couple years back. Whenever I wear my shield people always ask about it, and thats cool, but whats not cool is that random people are just popping up with them now. Back at the contest, only TEN of us had the opportunity of winning one. While I donʻt think it should remain an exclusive item, I think that STG should make more contests to give them out as prizes rather than just depositing them into peopleʻs inventories. Sure these people are being ʻrewarded,ʻ but for what? Unless they disclose what these people have done to make them worthy of obtaining the shield, I think its highly unfair to those who rightfully earned a shield by participating and succeeding, and to everyone else who has never had an opportunity to win one.

TL;DR:

STG, disclose what makes people worthy of ʻwinningʻ this shield or make it available to everyone to have a chance to win through another contest.

Doodlebeast
01-08-2014, 06:05 AM
Soon, everything will be in DOTD. Dun wurry

Exclusives doesn't exist in PL anymore.

Burningdex
01-08-2014, 06:40 AM
ikr ^^

Lexlyde
01-08-2014, 09:52 AM
I sent a pm to Samhayne to ask him if devs/mods granted any PL shield those days. He told me that they didnt and those shields come from last contests.

Zeus
01-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Necro,

You've had 3 years to enjoy the shield. Isn't that enough time for an item to be exclusive and rare? AT&T only had so long with the iPhone being exclusive to their network. Eventually, all exclusivities end.

They have their reasons to give them out. Believe me, it's a darn good reason. Actually, it's awesome.

Lastly, take a look at the number of participants in the latest PL winter contest versus the number of participants in the latest AL winter contest. When comparing the amount of people, you can see where the interest is at. So, I don't think that they would spend the time making contests that generate the small level of interest.

In AL, almost the entire game was participating in the contests. In PL, it wasn't like that at all.

Good things come and go. I had a few months enjoying the PL shield being an OP L1 twink item. Eventually, when it nerf'd, was I upset? Heck yeah. However, it was for the better.

Now, if they are giving them out (according to Moderator 13's post), is it really a big deal? The reason why the criteria isn't widely/publicly told is because in the past, PL players have shown themselves abusing support. I doubt they want to give players the chance to do that again.

Of course, if PL players again choose to abuse support - I'm pretty sure that the developers will remove this shield as well.

Suentous PO
01-08-2014, 11:00 AM
It's "nightmare antenna" all over again heheh.

I'm a lil confused you said both that you don't think it should stay exclusive, and it's unfair to the original ten? Maybe I misunderstand.
It's an assumption that random ppl are getting one, we don't know why and I'm ok with that.
Why? When we knew being a productive community member meant you had a chance at becoming a goa we were flooded with useless guides and public displays of fake generosity. It was annoying.
Granted I do want some things to stay exclusive and I think STG understands that to a degree because they often recolor things at least. The only reason I want some things exclusive is that something like a black dragon represents some of my cash, but when something can't be sold I personally see little to object to.

NECROREAPER
01-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Necro,

You've had 3 years to enjoy the shield. Isn't that enough time for an item to be exclusive and rare? AT&T only had so long with the iPhone being exclusive to their network. Eventually, all exclusivities end.

They have their reasons to give them out. Believe me, it's a darn good reason. Actually, it's awesome.

Lastly, take a look at the number of participants in the latest PL winter contest versus the number of participants in the latest AL winter contest. When comparing the amount of people, you can see where the interest is at. So, I don't think that they would spend the time making contests that generate the small level of interest.

In AL, almost the entire game was participating in the contests. In PL, it wasn't like that at all.

Good things come and go. I had a few months enjoying the PL shield being an OP L1 twink item. Eventually, when it nerf'd, was I upset? Heck yeah. However, it was for the better.

Now, if they are giving them out (according to Moderator 13's post), is it really a big deal? The reason why the criteria isn't widely/publicly told is because in the past, PL players have shown themselves abusing support. I doubt they want to give players the chance to do that again.

Of course, if PL players again choose to abuse support - I'm pretty sure that the developers will remove this shield as well.

I was saying that its nice that its an exclusive item, but I don't think it's fair that everyone isn't being given the Same opportunity of obtaining it. I don't mind if they give out more shields, in fact I encourage it, but make it so that everyone has an equal chance to *earn* it rather than it just being granted to randoms.

Suentous PO
01-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Maybe everyone does have the same opportunity.

Samhayne
01-08-2014, 02:05 PM
The Spacetime Customer Service Team isn't giving out the PL shield as a "reward." It is given as a "thank you" when that customer has been inconvenienced. It is an item that we give out at our discretion. No, sorry, as much as we love you, you can't have one just for writing in and asking for it. :)

We are trying to do right by our customers. Having something we can give them when things don't go the best way possible is a nice thing to be able to do.

We know that not everything we will do will make everyone happy. We just keep pluggin along as best we can and are very thankful for the people who choose to spend their recreation time with our games. I hope that helps in your understanding.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Roberto077
01-08-2014, 03:13 PM
The Spacetime Customer Service Team isn't giving out the PL shield as a "reward." It is given as a "thank you" when that customer has been inconvenienced. It is an item that we give out at our discretion. No, sorry, as much as we love you, you can't have one just for writing in and asking for it. :)

We are trying to do right by our customers. Having something we can give them when things don't go the best way possible is a nice thing to be able to do.

We know that not everything we will do will make everyone happy. We just keep pluggin along as best we can and are very thankful for the people who choose to spend their recreation time with our games. I hope that helps in your understanding.

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

Good reason :)

Itoopeo
01-08-2014, 03:33 PM
More angelic sets soon? propably? :D

Oldcoot
01-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Aww, I wanted one

Depury
01-08-2014, 03:51 PM
Soon, everything will be in DOTD. Dun wurry

Exclusives doesn't exist in PL anymore.

Founder's, Legends?

BroadCastle
01-08-2014, 04:04 PM
I agree both with Zeus and Sam, but also Necro has caught some part of truth I think. I appreciate that STG still take care about their older customers and I think, that item reward is one of the better ways how to express thanks. The idea abous some other cintest, to give even some newer players the opportunity to get this cool item.

What I only regret is the fact, that some of those "thanked" players are now fooling around townes, shouting how many of Community shields do they have, and trolling some other peeps, saying mysteries and stories about how can one get it. The few lucky owners are happy for sure, but there is a great group of others, especially younger players, who are easily suggestible, especially when they see those pro guys, and those are just hit by shield spree. I think, that better that doing this apart of public knowing, it would be better at least to make some announcement on main menu wall about what is going on. Like "yea, we grant some players of our choice, honoured community helpers, with this and this exclusive item." This may help to get rid of those fake stories which are bringing just jealousness and hate.

Fusionstrike
01-08-2014, 05:29 PM
I think some people are misunderstanding what Samhayne said. This PL shield is a "we're sorry" present for people who have some kind of bad issue that support has to resolve. He didn't elaborate on what kinds of problems it is given out for. However, it's not a reward. It's not like angelic set (which was given to players who had spent a certain amount of money on plat) or the community helper shield for GOA or anything like that. So there is no way to "earn" this thing. I suppose you could try to create whatever kind of problem with your account that they give it out for, which some people are probably actually crazy enough to try to do.

I think there are two big mistakes that STS is making here.

First, they're "regifting" an item that used to be exclusively for winners of certain competitions. So now it's not possible to tell if a player won it or got it as an "oops prize". It would have been better not to re-use an exclusive prize and create the kind of confusion that prompted this thread to be posted.

Second, it's a dubious strategy at best to give out exclusive items to those who had something go wrong. As this thread proves, the community goes crazy trying to figure out how to get the special item, because anything exclusive automatically makes at least some people crazy to get their hands on it. Support will now be bombarded with fake reports and beggars outright asking for the special thing, clogging up an already-slow support system with more trash to wade through.

If it's necessary to provide some kind of benefit to people who suffer something bad in PL, then I would argue it should be something that's not a "special thing" that players would go waving around. If they really got the short end of the stick on something, then make it up to them by giving them some money or plat. This way they get something of obvious value, but it can't be waved around in town to make other players jealous or start rumors about how to get it.

Samhayne
01-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Good feedback, Fusionstrike. We continue to live and learn :)

Schnitzel
01-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Respectfully yours,
Samhayne

what do you mean by inconvenienced?

Reunegade
01-08-2014, 06:07 PM
As of fault on the developers part. Ex: you get a 3x combo 2 days in a row but your second one got canceled out, you e-mail devs but they don't fix the issue, e-mail again and they fix the issue and gift you a PL shield for inconvenience.

Burningdex
01-08-2014, 06:09 PM

like if you did blessing few days and it said u got 3x elixir but it never showed up

Extreme
01-08-2014, 06:17 PM
Lol, the email will start..

BroadCastle
01-08-2014, 06:43 PM
I was exactly the one with wrong understanding. Thanks to fusion, its more clear now at all. Reading "we are sorry gift" is much less misleading name for that :)

By the way, I'd not mention the blessing issue so much as the reason for gettiny this apology. I am pretty sure this happened to many people, including me for example. I contacted service and got respond, that they do regret, but its not in their powers to restore that blessings anyhow at that time. I somehow feel it's pretty enough for such a small cause, I dont feel any claim for obtaining some gifts. I'm sure that those people were having some more serious issues than just this. Repeating this matter as a good reason may only encourage more people to bombard custommer service with requests.

Grrrrimadoggy
01-08-2014, 06:54 PM

Maybe like not having a cap for over a year...

Reunegade
01-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Please leave this thread. This is one of the more productive threads I've seen and you are just here trying to create drama.
Maybe like not having a cap for over a year...

Grrrrimadoggy
01-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Please leave this thread. This is one of the more productive threads I've seen and you are just here trying to create drama.

So now talking about a new cap is "drama"...

Reunegade
01-08-2014, 07:15 PM
So now talking about a new cap is "drama"...
Nope, complaining about a new cap will start a drama-fest. I will stop posting about this topic as we are further derailing the initial thread.

Grrrrimadoggy
01-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Nope, complaining about a new cap will start a drama-fest. I will stop posting about this topic as we are further derailing the initial thread.

I was giving an example tyvm.

Grrrrimadoggy
01-08-2014, 07:27 PM

I was giving an example tyvm.

Roberto077
01-08-2014, 08:21 PM
Now I feel like I would be exploiting the reason if I sent a request that I doubt will be solved :/

I just want the name Terrain :(

Zeus
01-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I think some people are misunderstanding what Samhayne said. This PL shield is a "we're sorry" present for people who have some kind of bad issue that support has to resolve. He didn't elaborate on what kinds of problems it is given out for. However, it's not a reward. It's not like angelic set (which was given to players who had spent a certain amount of money on plat) or the community helper shield for GOA or anything like that. So there is no way to "earn" this thing. I suppose you could try to create whatever kind of problem with your account that they give it out for, which some people are probably actually crazy enough to try to do.

First, they're "regifting" an item that used to be exclusively for winners of certain competitions. So now it's not possible to tell if a player won it or got it as an "oops prize". It would have been better not to re-use an exclusive prize and create the kind of confusion that prompted this thread to be posted.

Second, it's a dubious strategy at best to give out exclusive items to those who had something go wrong. As this thread proves, the community goes crazy trying to figure out how to get the special item, because anything exclusive automatically makes at least some people crazy to get their hands on it. Support will now be bombarded with fake reports and beggars outright asking for the special thing, clogging up an already-slow support system with more trash to wade through.

If it's necessary to provide some kind of benefit to people who suffer something bad in PL, then I would argue it should be something that's not a "special thing" that players would go waving around. If they really got the short end of the stick on something, then make it up to them by giving them some money or plat. This way they get something of obvious value, but it can't be waved around in town to make other players jealous or start rumors about how to get it.

Thank you for this, as this was exactly what I was hinting at when I said at possible exploitations.

Jig
01-08-2014, 10:55 PM

+9999

Spot on

Whirlzap
01-09-2014, 01:40 AM
To be honest, it's really an issue of perspective.
What we all experience through the years of playing are paradigm shifts.
I was originally a strong advocate of the anti-Retro DotD a few years ago.
A lot of things change through the years, and it's apparent that the newer generations of community members are welcomed with more much ease than before.

There's still views on exclusivity, rarity and seasonality. But I believe that's an argument that's long since been put down. It's not simply a lost argument, but an irrational one now.
What is the point of flaunting any rare item if the majority of PL players these days don't even know what it is, or have never seen it before?
There is no longer the general populace of pre-Elixir Generation PL players anymore; in fact, I would even bet that the majority of our endgame players have not seen many days before the gifts of Daily Blessings. In short, there is really no necessity for anything to be rare these days, as there is no one to appreciate it. It's better to have an obtainable item, still uncommon in rarity, but highly appreciated.

Thus, I am fine with STS and their decisions on bringing back this PL Shield. But I'm sure that the vast majority of our older players who quit before L66 cap would be heavily opposed to these latest paradigm shifts.

I do however, see possible abuse of these PL Shields. If a newer member searched up the PL Shield on the forums, 100% of all sources and informational threads up until the past week will point them towards "a highly respectable endowment given to a helpful or insightful forum member, or won by a contest". Remember that out of all 'rare' items distributed in the past, the PL Shield surpasses even the Founder's Helm and Community Shields in exclusivity. And back then, everyone knew that whoever held a PL Shield was someone who could be trusted and respected, at least, until the shields were given out as contest prizes.

Nowadays, a player who received the PL Shield as a "compensation" from Support may easily abuse it- bragging ego rights, continuous false trust, and even temptation to illegally sell their item. Older members of the forum can recall many occasions in which Founder's Helms were transferred illegally, and even a special case in which one player notoriously bought a Droid Suit.

There are several solutions to this issue; simply announce your intention behind distributing these shields to clear up any misleading and prejudiced sense of trust or respect placed in these individuals by the general in-game community, or recolor the shields and even rename them as "Support Shield" instead of PL Shield- anything to distinguish it. In justification, as I've said earlier, these measures are not based off of a restrictive desire to retain the exclusivity of an item; rather, it is to preclude any possible misunderstandings from happening, as we all know that the PL community these days is more susceptible than ever to scams, misleads and misfortunes of all aspects.

-Whirl

NECROREAPER
01-09-2014, 03:00 AM
To be honest, it's really an issue of perspective.
What we all experience through the years of playing are paradigm shifts.
I was originally a strong advocate of the anti-Retro DotD a few years ago.
A lot of things change through the years, and it's apparent that the newer generations of community members are welcomed with more much ease than before.

There's still views on exclusivity, rarity and seasonality. But I believe that's an argument that's long since been put down. It's not simply a lost argument, but an irrational one now.
What is the point of flaunting any rare item if the majority of PL players these days don't even know what it is, or have never seen it before?
There is no longer the general populace of pre-Elixir Generation PL players anymore; in fact, I would even bet that the majority of our endgame players have not seen many days before the gifts of Daily Blessings. In short, there is really no necessity for anything to be rare these days, as there is no one to appreciate it. It's better to have an obtainable item, still uncommon in rarity, but highly appreciated.

Thus, I am fine with STS and their decisions on bringing back this PL Shield. But I'm sure that the vast majority of our older players who quit before L66 cap would be heavily opposed to these latest paradigm shifts.

I do however, see possible abuse of these PL Shields. If a newer member searched up the PL Shield on the forums, 100% of all sources and informational threads up until the past week will point them towards "a highly respectable endowment given to a helpful or insightful forum member, or won by a contest". Remember that out of all 'rare' items distributed in the past, the PL Shield surpasses even the Founder's Helm and Community Shields in exclusivity. And back then, everyone knew that whoever held a PL Shield was someone who could be trusted and respected, at least, until the shields were given out as contest prizes.

Nowadays, a player who received the PL Shield as a "compensation" from Support may easily abuse it- bragging ego rights, continuous false trust, and even temptation to illegally sell their item. Older members of the forum can recall many occasions in which Founder's Helms were transferred illegally, and even a special case in which one player notoriously bought a Droid Suit.

There are several solutions to this issue; simply announce your intention behind distributing these shields to clear up any misleading and prejudiced sense of trust or respect placed in these individuals by the general in-game community, or recolor the shields and even rename them as "Support Shield" instead of PL Shield- anything to distinguish it. In justification, as I've said earlier, these measures are not based off of a restrictive desire to retain the exclusivity of an item; rather, it is to preclude any possible misunderstandings from happening, as we all know that the PL community these days is more susceptible than ever to scams, misleads and misfortunes of all aspects.

-Whirl

Excellent summarization of how I feel about this Whirlz.

As I said, I donʻt mind that they give them out, but I just feel that since it was always an item that had to be earned, I feel that it should stay that way and give everyone a chance to earn it. Along with that, I think its awesome that you guys give out a "our bad" gift, it shows that you guys care and are trying to go the extra mile to make it right, but as Whirlz said, perhaps create a new item, recolor, or regift an item that wasnʻt so exclusive and needed to be earned through hard work. For instance, maybe make a recoloration of the old party hats, something cool like shiny silver or one with an effect to it and name it something clever.

For the record Sam and everyone at STG, were not mad at you guys, just upset and confused as to why its this item under this circumstance. We know you guys still try to do right by us PL players, despite all of whats been going on.

Doodlebeast
01-09-2014, 03:14 AM
As of fault on the developers part. Ex: you get a 3x combo 2 days in a row but your second one got canceled out, you e-mail devs but they don't fix the issue, e-mail again and they fix the issue and gift you a PL shield for inconvenience.

This happens pretty often. Where's my shield?

NECROREAPER
01-09-2014, 03:34 AM
This happens pretty often. Where's my shield?

Iʻd try and refrain from looking at it from the ʻwheres mine?ʻ vantage, as itʻll likely only cause arguments. I feel like the best thing to do in this situation is provide STG with useful feedback about how we feel towards the situation and try to come up with a solution that is beneficial to both sides of the issue.

Doodlebeast
01-09-2014, 03:38 AM
Iʻd try and refrain from looking at it from the ʻwheres mine?ʻ vantage, as itʻll likely only cause arguments. I feel like the best thing to do in this situation is provide STG with useful feedback about how we feel towards the situation and try to come up with a solution that is beneficial to both sides of the issue.

Yup I knew saying that will cause arguments but. I had to say it.

Marcoolio
01-09-2014, 04:04 PM
Where is that shield??? Omg just jk jk i wanna keep some "old" good times in memory when all was happy.. 56 cap was best when ppl play together...after that elix groups fast lvling etc..

Fusionstrike
01-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Along with that, I think its awesome that you guys give out a "our bad" gift, it shows that you guys care and are trying to go the extra mile to make it right, but as Whirlz said, perhaps create a new item, recolor, or regift an item that wasnʻt so exclusive and needed to be earned through hard work. For instance, maybe make a recoloration of the old party hats, something cool like shiny silver or one with an effect to it and name it something clever.

I'm thinking a vanity armor that says, "My PL account got borked and all I got was this lousy T-shirt"

Jig
01-09-2014, 08:10 PM
How do you people write such big paragraphs >.< f dat

Burningdex
01-09-2014, 08:18 PM
How do you people write such big paragraphs >.< f dat

ik how u feel i can barely write a 2.5 page essay yet somehow i remain in top class for english

screw logic

Jig
01-09-2014, 08:21 PM
ik how u feel i can barely write a 2.5 page essay yet somehow i remain in top class for english

screw logic

Lmao yep yep hah thats me

TEOKILLO
01-09-2014, 09:42 PM
This PL shield giveaway is stupid...these idiots who cry and beg to support get free stuff?

And yes im raging because i saw some terrible and obnoxious players who have started in the last few months now have one when this is meant to be a reward to those outstanding in the community..

I guess in a way they are, after all they're outstandingly bad

Jig
01-09-2014, 10:00 PM
This PL shield giveaway is stupid...these idiots who cry and beg to support get free stuff?

And yes im raging because i saw some terrible and obnoxious players who have started in the last few months now have one when this is meant to be a reward to those outstanding in the community..

I guess in a way they are, after all they're outstandingly bad

I thought it was a small give away so i thought it wasn't to bad.. But I just saw a couple of noobs have one! Literally! But yeah.. Still I'll still treat it as a gift and I thank sts for it..

Cheenivie
01-09-2014, 10:03 PM
Yea half of PL has it now... Kinda shows how many people didn't get answers from support.

Jig
01-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Yea half of PL has it now... Kinda shows how many people didn't get answers from support.

Actually sort of yeah true, but then again, shows many liers there are out there, knowing on forums hearing about on game seeing suspicion people wearing it only makes them say WHERES MINE WHERES MINE I DID THIS THAT k here's your shield "who's next!?" It was a small give-away wasn't it...?

Caiahar
01-09-2014, 10:10 PM
But the PL shield is given to any residents of Alterra, oldie or newbie, nubbie or pro, uneperienced or experiened.
Wat._.

Jig
01-09-2014, 10:38 PM
But the PL shield is given to any residents of Alterra, oldie or newbie, nubbie or pro, uneperienced or experiened.
Wat._.

Whatevs

I liked it when it was a contest shield only, but I guess they made their mind up and won't host another contest meaning won't give out these shields so eh.. Or I'm exaggerating myself :/

Caiahar
01-09-2014, 10:57 PM
Wat._.

Whatevs

I liked it when it was a contest shield only, but I guess they made their mind up and won't host another contest meaning won't give out these shields so eh.. Or I'm exaggerating myself :/
Why cant everyone just say what I bolded in your post.
This is going to get flamed.

Jig
01-10-2014, 12:00 AM

Watevs flame war I see a white flag waving on your end? Whats up?

nuwar
01-10-2014, 08:19 PM
im nuwar

Caiahar
01-10-2014, 08:30 PM

Watevs flame war I see a white flag waving on your end? Whats up?

Huh? No no no no mate, you've got it all wrong! Doodlebeast accidently poured all his Greek yogurt in my flag, and the rest went on My face, making me unable to see, so I flailed around. I no surrender!

Doodlebeast
01-10-2014, 09:01 PM
Huh? No no no no mate, you've got it all wrong! Doodlebeast accidently poured all his Greek yogurt in my flag, and the rest went on My face, making me unable to see, so I flailed around. I no surrender!

I don't think dat was an accident, I hate yogurts ^.^

Somemager
01-10-2014, 09:24 PM
im nuwar

Dem pixels doe!

Rot
01-10-2014, 09:27 PM
2038 plat and a pl shield... hmm...

Doodlebeast
01-10-2014, 09:29 PM

I see what they're doing... Hmmm

Burningdex
01-10-2014, 10:00 PM

out of thanks so heres cirtual one

*thanks*

Jig
01-11-2014, 01:32 AM
I see what they're doing... Hmmm

Explain to me "What the're doing" Mr smarty pants :)

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Explain to me "What the're doing" Mr smarty pants :)

Wao I see sparks of flame. Dayum.

SayCreed
01-11-2014, 04:59 AM

Prolly he mean that you buy plat you get shield

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 05:00 AM

^ this

Suchislife
01-11-2014, 06:15 AM
Just like at school. Be sensible, do what the teacher likes to see students do and you become the pet who gets more attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Jig
01-11-2014, 06:29 AM

Hmmm I see I see, I have not spent a single dime on this game in at least a year and a half or longer, yet he says only people that buy platinum only get this? nehh sorry rot, your quite wrong about that sorry.

Rot
01-11-2014, 06:39 AM
Hmmm I see I see, I have not spent a single dime on this game in at least a year and a half or longer, yet he says only people that buy platinum only get this? nehh sorry rot, your quite wrong about that sorry.

So you have a PL shield? Made up a story at supports and got it? :)

#burn

Suchislife
01-11-2014, 06:43 AM
Probs did, we all human xD.
And even tho you may have not bought plat in a long time they still have records of the past, you may have been a big spender a long time ago

Jig
01-11-2014, 06:44 AM
@Jig

So you have a PL shield? Made up a story at supports and got it? :)

I didn't make up a story Rot, it was a question for help to see if I could get help, I thought I was one of the first top 10 to have it because I saw KNOW ONE with it then 2 days later.. wasn't a small give-away, it was whoever emailed support you get free shield, not plat based o_O

Rot
01-11-2014, 06:54 AM
I didn't make up a story Rot, it was a question for help to see if I could get help, I thought I was one of the first top 10 to have it because I saw KNOW ONE with it then 2 days later.. wasn't a small give-away, it was whoever emailed support you get free shield, not plat based o_O

A few lucky hundreds managed to get the shield which was supposedly given to old contest winners few years back just by sending an email to sts? Hmm.

Is the apocalypse over?

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 07:35 AM
A few lucky hundreds managed to get the shield which was supposedly given to old contest winners few years back just by sending an email to sts? Hmm.

Is the apocalypse over?

Not quite yet. Moar 2 come in the future.

Jig
01-11-2014, 09:01 PM

Is the apocalypse over?

Yes it was but now they gave it away to people who emailed them basically O.o

Schnitzel
01-11-2014, 10:34 PM

Jig
01-11-2014, 10:56 PM

Good job ruiz!

You should join the Sts's fireman Service!!

Zeus
01-11-2014, 11:05 PM
I don't see the big deal with them giving them out.

The only people that should be remotely upset is the ones who have them. Everybody else? Now's your chance to get free shields! Original PL shield winners have had over 3 years to enjoy their shields with a certain degree of exclusivity.

As with all things, eventually exclusivity ends and it's made available to all.

Jig
01-11-2014, 11:07 PM

The only people that should be remotely upset is the ones who have them. Everybody else? Now's your chance to get free shields! Original PL shield winners have had over 3 years to enjoy their shields with a certain degree of exclusivity.

All exclusive items? not all ;)

XghostzX
01-11-2014, 11:08 PM

My founders helm shall never lose its' exclusivity. Stahp it Parthy I need to put my precious crown to bed now you hurt her feelings..

Zeus
01-11-2014, 11:14 PM
All exclusive items? not all ;)

Sorry, should've said most.

That's part of the game. Eventually, this shield will lose its value it once had in the eyes of PL players. The thing that makes an exclusive item wanted is its exclusivity. If everybody has it, give it a week or two and nobody will care anymore.

Your vanity cap items & founders items are the only items that one should consider exclusive. IMO, anything else, except community shield, is fair game.

@Ghost
Did you tell your founder's there's a gold version of it? xD

Jig
01-11-2014, 11:19 PM
Sorry, should've said most.

That's part of the game. Eventually, this shield will lose its value it once had in the eyes of PL players. The thing that makes an exclusive item wanted is its exclusivity. If everybody has it, give it a week or two and nobody will care anymore.

Your vanity cap items & founders items are the only items that one should consider exclusive. IMO, anything else, except community shield, is fair game.

Thats fair enough! and that is all I wear these days anyways, nuris shield and mount fang is the way to go :D

XghostzX
01-11-2014, 11:22 PM
@Ghost
Did you tell your founder's there's a gold version of it? xD

Not in front of her Parth, jeez the crown's got feelings too ya know...

Zeus
01-11-2014, 11:30 PM
Not in front of her Parth, jeez the crown's got feelings too ya know...

So I guess we shouldn't tell her that there's a blackmarket of her as well? :/

XghostzX
01-11-2014, 11:36 PM
So I guess we shouldn't tell her that there's a blackmarket of her as well? :/

When the time's right my friend... when the time is right...

Suchislife
01-12-2014, 06:22 AM
So just email sts about how a long time ago you needed their assistance but wasn't replied to and they give you a Pl shield as "comepensation?"

Xyzther
01-12-2014, 04:22 PM
These are being given for inconveniences, my ban was quite inconvenient imo

LEVEL ONE
01-12-2014, 04:25 PM
These are being given for inconveniences, my ban was quite inconvenient imo

You should be lucky to even get unbanned lol...

Noodleleg
01-12-2014, 07:30 PM
Inb4pvptournamentshields

NECROREAPER
01-15-2014, 12:41 AM
Inb4pvptournamentshields

The Skull one?

Jig
01-15-2014, 03:31 AM
The Skull one?

Spooky shield but black n white

lakersrockftw
01-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Well they already made Xperia buttons unrare. All I need is for the fiery antennas to be given for
something and I would own nothing rare.

Kingzila
01-17-2014, 09:34 AM
So basically this old/new pl shield is a sorry for people that have had it bad with a support issues? Well then if I may say this myself, that's a lot of damn fail issues seeing by how many pl shields I'm seeing in pocket now. Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing (because really I could care less about it since it's just a vanity with no real big deal states advantage that just has two letters on it ) but I can see where others are coming from when they say it's just being "handed out" not as much as "given or rewarded".

Jig
01-17-2014, 10:33 AM
So basically this old/new pl shield is a sorry for people that have had it bad with a support issues? Well then if I may say this myself, that's a lot of damn fail issues seeing by how many pl shields I'm seeing in pocket now. Not that I'm saying it's a bad thing (because really I could care less about it since it's just a vanity with no real big deal states advantage that just has two letters on it ) but I can see where others are coming from when they say it's just being "handed out" not as much as "given or rewarded".

Lol, not just to letters, it stands for Pocket Legends, and it looks neat, plus with a small crown beside it, but sadly it is now over-used and it takes the good look away :/ so yeah the only complainers would be from the actual guys that won these shields from contests, but they got to have their glory with it for a long time.. Still..

for the lulz
01-17-2014, 03:50 PM
now everyone who has played for over 6 months get it yay , check ur stash
gf

Samhayne
01-17-2014, 04:37 PM
We realized that using an exclusive vanity item as a "thank you" reward wasn't the best thing to do, so we changed up the use of the Blue Pocket Legends Shield to be a 6 month veteran reward.

Thanks a lot for playing Pocket Legends!

Fusionstrike
01-17-2014, 04:50 PM
Well that's one way to end the controversy. Probably the best thing to do now that the genie is out of the bottle.

One question though: Who gets to stand at the front of the room Oprah-style yelling, "You get a PL shield and you get a PL shield..."

Oldcoot
01-17-2014, 04:58 PM
I'll do it

NECROREAPER
01-17-2014, 10:17 PM
*Sigh*

It is what is I guess.

Jig
01-17-2014, 11:43 PM
We realized that using an exclusive vanity item as a "thank you" reward wasn't the best thing to do, so we changed up the use of the Blue Pocket Legends Shield to be a 6 month veteran reward.

Not enough time to make a new one or a recolour? Thought we had veteran armour/shield/helm centurion for playing for whatever the time was

VVake
01-18-2014, 12:25 AM

Not enough time to make a new one or a recolour? Thought we had veteran armour/shield/helm centurion for playing for whatever the time was
Why are you mad? Its a "Thanks" so be grateful please.

Kingzila
01-18-2014, 02:56 AM

So all the old players will be getting the pl shield then? Or did get that one wrong?

lakersrockftw
01-18-2014, 02:57 AM
Well the reason is that this should of been handed to us at all anyways should of had recolor. Reason is that now we can't find out who legitimately got it or who got it for playing 6 months.

Jig
01-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Why are you mad? Its a "Thanks" so be grateful please.

Explain to me why I would be mad? was just saying, nothing to be mad about :)

NECROREAPER
01-18-2014, 08:59 AM
Explain to me why I would be mad? was just saying, nothing to be mad about :)

In the event that you worked your *** off in a contest to earn the shield.

Ks_Leon
01-18-2014, 09:31 AM

Yep have to agree that.The requirement should be 2 year or more.Thats make the PL Shield worth some how on old players imo.

Doodlebeast
01-18-2014, 09:54 AM
Yep have to agree that.The requirement should be 2 year or more.Thats make the PL Shield worth some how on old players imo.

Too late fo dat. How bout founders or angel sets for 3 years next? Dayum.

Somemager
01-18-2014, 10:48 AM
R.I.P Pocket Legends , Cause Of Death : PL Shield.

Argyros
01-18-2014, 01:58 PM
How about just after the weekend, ending the 6 month deal thing. So player who started 0-5 months back cant get it? Otherwise it will become as common and crappy as the veteran gear.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

TEOKILLO
01-18-2014, 02:01 PM

I dont know why sts thinks 6 months makes you a veteran, lmao

Cyk
01-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Is it still possible to get one even after waiting 6 months? I'm really looking forward to having one. So can I still wait til my 6 month comes and it will spawn in my stash? Someone please tell me, I really want one. Like I have some on my other accounts and do I gotta wait 6 months for it on my new on to get it? Is it like the veteran gear (helm armor shield) for waiting??

NECROREAPER
01-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Is it still possible to get one even after waiting 6 months? I'm really looking forward to having one. So can I still wait til my 6 month comes and it will spawn in my stash? Someone please tell me, I really want one. Like I have some on my other accounts and do I gotta wait 6 months for it on my new on to get it? Is it like the veteran gear (helm armor shield) for waiting??

It should work out like how the veteran gear did, spawning in your stash when the time comes. If not try and send support an email.

Zeus
01-18-2014, 07:15 PM

No offense, Necro, but at the time the PL catchphrase contest was announced - people thought it was rather weird that they were giving a PL shield over a simple catch phrase while during other times, you had to do so much more.

If I'm not mistaken, you earned yours through the catchphrase contest, right? When that was released & 10 people earned a shield through typing a simple witty catchphrase while I had to video edit, post a video of myself & go to Las Vegas to earn mine - it too was a bitter pill to swallow.

It's just a shield - if anyone should be complaining about the shields, it's Yanis & HaroldIV. Y'all had two to three years of enjoying the exclusivity of the shield. Isn't that enough?

NotYoCookiez
01-18-2014, 07:29 PM
i agree but its just a natural habit for humans wanted to be unique... even in games

Zeus
01-18-2014, 08:01 PM
i agree but its just a natural habit for humans wanted to be unique... even in games

There are plenty of other items that allow us to be unique. :)

NECROREAPER
01-18-2014, 08:37 PM
No offense, Necro, but at the time the PL catchphrase contest was announced - people thought it was rather weird that they were giving a PL shield over a simple catch phrase while during other times, you had to do so much more.

If I'm not mistaken, you earned yours through the catchphrase contest, right? When that was released & 10 people earned a shield through typing a simple witty catchphrase while I had to video edit, post a video of myself & go to Las Vegas to earn mine - it too was a bitter pill to swallow.

It's just a shield - if anyone should be complaining about the shields, it's Yanis & HaroldIV. Y'all had two to three years of enjoying the exclusivity of the shield. Isn't that enough?

I wasn't talking about me specifically, cause I know our contest was easy. I was talking about you guys, incluing Yanis and the rest of you guys who earned it for being a great community member or in more difficult contests. I'm not saying that I'm upset that its not exclusive anymore, in fact it was never a big deal to me (my pumpkin is different), I'm saying that I think that STG should've given everyone an equal opportunity of *earning* the shield in the same way that we did, which was by putting in time and effort rather than just having an account for 6 months (which honestly is no big deal).

Zeus
01-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I wasn't talking about me specifically, cause I know our contest was easy. I was talking about you guys, incluing Yanis and the rest of you guys who earned it for being a great community member or in more difficult contests. I'm not saying that I'm upset that its not exclusive anymore, in fact it was never a big deal to me (my pumpkin is different), I'm saying that I think that sets should've given everyone an equal opportunity of *earning* the shield in the same way that we did, which was by putting in time and effort rather than just having an account for 6 months (which honestly is no big deal).

Yeah, I see your point. Keep in touch, ya? You come and go!

I do respect the fact that they've never released your pumpkin helm again. That's awesome!

NECROREAPER
01-18-2014, 10:11 PM

I do respect the fact that they've never released your pumpkin helm again. That's awesome!

As do I, I've been immensely grateful about that. But yeah I've been trying to be on more lately, just work and school and life, you know how it goes.

Ks_Leon
01-22-2014, 08:59 AM

As do I, I've been immensely grateful about that. But yeah I've been trying to be on more lately, just work and school and life, you know how it goes.
I never see Necro vanity Hat.What kind of that helm?Different from other pumkin vanity hat?Could you show ya hat?:)

LEVEL ONE
01-22-2014, 10:21 AM
I never see Necro vanity Hat.What kind of that helm?Different from other pumkin vanity hat?Could you show ya hat?:)

It's the one from the 2010 Halloween event.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb387/YanisW/PL%20Vanity/IMG_1784.png

Ks_Leon
01-22-2014, 10:24 AM
It's the one from the 2010 Halloween event.
Oh i see.Thanks dude.:)

ultimaga95
01-23-2014, 03:50 AM
I would cry if they give out founder's.

Jig
01-23-2014, 03:52 AM
I would cry if they give out founder's.

That is not possible! no offence but they would have to be mental to do such a thing!

ImHawk
01-23-2014, 08:47 PM
lol in the end everyone gets the shield ...

Jig
01-23-2014, 10:04 PM
lol in the end everyone gets the shield ...

Maybe maybe ;) not if they make a different one