PDA

View Full Version : Reduction in gold from Ao3. Too drastic?

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 02:44 AM
Hi guys.

So as we all know gold from Ao3 trash mobs have been reduced, A LOT.

I usually was able to do 10k with liquidations in the Keeper map, clearing with my mage without aliens.

I just did a few now to confirm, and it only ranged from 3-4k with liquidations.

I agree with the reduction since 10k+ was a bit too much, but do you guys agree that this reduction was also a bit too much?

I was happy with the old gold since during group runs and such, even when using 1-2 elixirs you would usually be able to break-even. Gave me a good and positive perception of farming bosses despite clearing since I wouldn't be making a loss anyway and just a bit of gold made.

Also, its just really funny how the ao2 mynas map just gives way more gold versus the ao3 maps now. This used to be the case originally, but after they increased the gold from ao3, it actually made sense if you could do ao3.

I don't know with you guys, but personally if I got bored of farming rares I usually liked to solo gold farming, but now with the reduction I'm just meh on farming for gold and log off.

gl0c
11-23-2010, 02:50 AM
Well it was worth the time while it lasted. I kinda hope the devs brings it back. So now back to farming fridge

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Well it was worth the time while it lasted. I kinda hope the devs brings it back. So now back to farming fridge

I thought I saw it as a short "exploit" too, but honestly it made the game more enjoyable. I liked how it was harder to get the rares, but despite that you get a bit of gold. Really nice system for me, imho.

icantgetkills
11-23-2010, 03:01 AM
Yer It gave hardcore players something to do when they've got there characters level 50 and seriously don't want to pvp.... I wasn't bored of the game because I could get my kills up and get money but now it's taken away... Sigh

Akaee
11-23-2010, 03:10 AM
Agree a part of the fun is taken away like this. Now its save up long time again to afford overpriced items te get fully geared...

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 04:27 AM
It sort of made gameplay even slower too.

Personally I used to elixir up on Captive map, makes doing the map way faster. I used to do that with no hesitation since I usually made 2-3k per run despite a full group. Now with the really low drop rate I think twice about potting since it comes as a loss now. We still get to do the map quick, but with lower drop rates, and less people using elixirs, rares are even more hard to come by now. lol

Riccits
11-23-2010, 04:36 AM
It sort of made gameplay even slower too.

Personally I used to elixir up on Captive map, makes doing the map way faster. I used to do that with no hesitation since I usually made 2-3k per run despite a full group. Now with the really low drop rate I think twice about potting since it comes as a loss now. We still get to do the map quick, but with lower drop rates, and less people using elixirs, rares are even more hard to come by now. lol

now when u do it with 5ppl all potting up a damage pot u can do a run in 5 min.. i always gain 1800g now after update, so pot is payed.. before it was over 3000g thought...
to make money u must gain a wraith or OL rift LOL ;)

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 04:45 AM
now when u do it with 5ppl all potting up a damage pot u can do a run in 5 min.. i always gain 1800g now after update, so pot is payed.. before it was over 3000g thought...
to make money u must gain a wraith or OL rift LOL ;)

Thats all 5 moving together though :P

I usually split from the group and do a lane on my own with my mage, damage and armor potted.

Maybe the excess 3k gold was too much. I'd be very happy and satisfied if gold was enough to at least make up for elixirs with no excess.

icantgetkills
11-23-2010, 05:17 AM
Yer It gave hardcore players something to do when they've got there characters level 50 and seriously don't want to pvp.... I wasn't bored of the game because I could get my kills up and get money but now it's taken away... Sigh

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 06:26 AM

Can't agree more. I'm not that into PvP as it is, and was really happy that I could do more PvE.

Sad to say this move just made the game boring for me.

Messiyah
11-23-2010, 06:36 AM
what players need to understand, is that the drop in gold rates, is universal for ALL players.

At lvl 50, when farming the mobs in AO3, you will still get more than doing mobs in AO1 for example, but the difference is not as big. This will obviously brings prices down generally, but it will also bring earnings down.

So if a Cosmos Robe today costs 400,000, tommorow it may cost 300,000.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, as the disposable income ( earnings ) of most players will also decrease. Making these items just as hard to obtain and purchase.

~M~

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 06:40 AM
Its not prices I'm worried about. Its just having something to do and being able to enjoy playing the game.

Seems now farming is just for lucky ones, and those that are willing to put in the time and effort (gold farming) aren't rewarded.

And no, time and effort does not always equal to cash. I know players who farm endlessly day by day only to be put off by some noob getting in one game and getting the rare.

icantgetkills
11-23-2010, 06:42 AM
Its not prices I'm worried about. Its just having something to do and being able to enjoy playing the game.

Seems now farming is just for lucky ones, and those that are willing to put in the time and effort (gold farming) aren't rewarded.

And no, time and effort does not always equal to cash. I know players who farm endlessly day by day only to be put off by some noob getting in one game and getting the rare.

stolen words my friend stolen words

Messiyah
11-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Elly, i farmed all day yesterday in victory lap. finally got a good base of 4 players and we farmed for about 4 hours.

rift shield dropped - went to a random player who was only in one run.
cosmos helmet dropped - went to a random player, who only came for the boss fight..lol
mynas sword dropped - this guy came into the map halfway through the fight, didnt even reach the boss, and got the sword then left

so yes...i know the pain you talk about.... but still, why would a player want end game gear, and billions of gold ? for what..pots ? the devs need to include more incentives to play at end game.

~M~

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Elly, i farmed all day yesterday in victory lap. finally got a good base of 4 players and we farmed for about 4 hours.

rift shield dropped - went to a random player who was only in one run.
cosmos helmet dropped - went to a random player, who only came for the boss fight..lol
mynas sword dropped - this guy came into the map halfway through the fight, didnt even reach the boss, and got the sword then left

so yes...i know the pain you talk about.... but still, why would a player want end game gear, and billions of gold ? for what..pots ? the devs need to include more incentives to play at end game.

~M~

Yeah I can't agree more on how that just sucks. You put in the time and effort and someone else gets rewarded.

Like I said in chatbox, it isn't just because I want gold.

If there were pvp rewards, I'd probably be pvp-ing all the time after end game.

If there were other stuff to do, I would too.

But right now, the only thing really to do is accumulate your gold. This is the point of the thread. :)

Messiyah
11-23-2010, 06:52 AM
We agree @ nothing else to do @ end game

DEVS plz sort this out !!!

~M~

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 06:54 AM

~M~

Hands down, agreed. :)

Vyvin
11-23-2010, 07:08 AM
Before I found out I could make a couple thousand gold in ap3 I had thoughts of quitting because I don't rly get good drops you can ask the people that have played with me maybe it's my time
/Vyvin

icantgetkills
11-23-2010, 07:42 AM
Vvyin ATM Ill tell you wat I'm doing on PL I'm not quitting because of how much I have spent on this game and because I enjoy it IMO just make a k/D acc or just on fourms or don't play for a week I No if I don't play for a week I turn my ipad in and it usuallymstarts patching and bang something new:)

Torrentula81
11-23-2010, 08:48 AM
I remember someone say enjoy all these greens while you can. Sure enough,next daay patched. Thank god just turned 50 before cause could never afford elixers at current state. They should make happy hour, loot doubled.

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 09:04 AM
Greens are still the same. Drop quite often. Most money came from mob gold though, not just greens :)

Snakespeare
11-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I used to get 12K from AO3:1, but it took twice as long as AO2:3, where I would get 6K anyway. I did think it was cool to do AO3:1 instead, though, because the Lesser D'jinn might drop something.

I admit that I don't understand the reasoning at all. The merchants are selling the top AO3 items for over 1 million. At 10K/run it would still take 100 runs to afford to buy rift, void, or cosmos armor. You still have to use elixirs to defeat certain bosses, sometimes more than once.

So I will try to guess what they were thinking... It must have been something like this: Since the maps can be done with fewer pots, the players don't need to spend as much. If there is less money, nobody can afford insane prices and the CS will reflect that with decreases.

But who knows. I haven't seen an explanation. I will just go back to gold farming elsewhere.

FluffNStuff
11-23-2010, 09:52 AM
Before the nerf, a ~Group~ run would net 1500 Gold and ~1500 in items. After the nerf, you get much less gold, but the same in items. With the right group, you can get through a LOT faster then solo, and you get the same average in items as solo, so this just encourages group farming and discourages solo farming.

Ellyidol
11-23-2010, 10:10 AM
I used to get 12K from AO3:1, but it took twice as long as AO2:3, where I would get 6K anyway. I did think it was cool to do AO3:1 instead, though, because the Lesser D'jinn might drop something.

I admit that I don't understand the reasoning at all. The merchants are selling the top AO3 items for over 1 million. At 10K/run it would still take 100 runs to afford to buy rift, void, or cosmos armor. You still have to use elixirs to defeat certain bosses, sometimes more than once.

So I will try to guess what they were thinking... It must have been something like this: Since the maps can be done with fewer pots, the players don't need to spend as much. If there is less money, nobody can afford insane prices and the CS will reflect that with decreases.

But who knows. I haven't seen an explanation. I will just go back to gold farming elsewhere.

Possibly. Hopefully prices would decrease.

Before the nerf, a ~Group~ run would net 1500 Gold and ~1500 in items. After the nerf, you get much less gold, but the same in items. With the right group, you can get through a LOT faster then solo, and you get the same average in items as solo, so this just encourages group farming and discourages solo farming.

True, thought about this too. At most, in a good group you can manage with a damage pot alone. What sucks is being in a minority timezone :( grouping with randoms is just not efficient at times. Solo was also nice since it separated the hardworking from lucky.

I do see how they want more people to group up though since newer players need to see or experience with the veteran players, but shouldn't they have learnt enough from playing lower levels? Would be nice if the latest campaign be more awarding. :)

Justg
11-23-2010, 10:13 AM

~M~

We hear ya!

Pharcyde
11-23-2010, 01:10 PM

Haha that made me laugh. "I could get kills but they took that away from me... Sigh." With the name Icantgetkills :) haha comment of the day.

Also I noticed that prices in CS raised and stuck because of the respec. Also they started raising because there was more demand with people willing and able to purchase items with gold farming. But now prices have stuck solid and gold is that much harder to get. Sigh I hate merchanting this game, its impossible because someone will always put a item on for 10k or 1 gold less than yours. I guess thats a good way to stop people from getting filthy rich :).