PDA

View Full Version : Increase End Game Options

Messiyah
11-23-2010, 06:45 AM
Suggestion 1

End Game Customisation

There HAS to be more options for end game players.

The first could be the introductions of a second end game gear set for each class. At present we have Rift, Void and Cosmos. Introduce a second set for each class. Now each set should have a different bonus. Whether that is stat driven ( ie more m/s, more h/s, more +dmg etc etc ) or not is a matter of choice for devs. But I would suggest, add an extra combo, depending on which gear set is used.

Eg – Enchantress Set options
Basic combo’s = 2
Set 1 ( Cosmos set ? ) = allows special combo 1 – group heal ?
Set 2 ( Messiyah set ? ) = allows special combo 2 – Self Resurect ?

Archer Set options
Basic combo’s = 2
Set 1 ( Void set ? ) = allows special combo 1 – AOE mass dmg ?
Set 2 ( Robin Hood set ? ) = allows special combo 2 – activate shield ?

Warrior options
Basic combo’s = 2
Set 1 ( Rift set ? ) = allows special combo 1 – magnetic AOE pull ?
Set 2 ( Terminator set ? ) = allows special combo 2 – activate increased h/s ?

You get the idea. Players have to choose what set of gear to go for, depending on what combo they would want at end game.

Its stupid to have everyone running around looking the same, with the same 3 or 4 items at end game. MIX IT UP a little !!!

Suggestion 2

Social housing

For Platinum or A LOT of ingame Gold ( important to make sure non plat payers can still achieve this), players are allowed to rent houses or flats in which your characters can display all kinds of furniture, and rares.

These houses should be in a town, where people can go to and see the houses from outside.

Furniture can include Stash, and decorative things. Its great for players who want to show off there hard work. Again, it is aimed at end game players, although there should be an option to RENT rooms in houses to other players, so that ppl can get additional Stash in houses.

Furniture can be purchased from an ingame merchant NPC…or crafted ( see next suggestion ).

Suggestion 3

CRAFTING !!!

Why not allow players to make pots, elixirs, weapons, gear etc. YES it’s a HUGE project. But could lead to one of the most rewarding elements of this game.

Ingredients for crafting, are purchased for ingame merchant NPC, and some are drops from mobs.

Surely, these 3 options will make this game so much more interesting for the end game players, as well as new ones.

If I cant spend ages in AO3, then I can craft my way to money and gear. The benefits are unreal if these were introduced.

Spacetime have to remember that the end game players have spent the most time, most money and most effort in this game. They should not be discarded. New custom is always welcome, but make sure that the game doesn’t end up stale.

~M~

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 08:09 AM
Agreed! The forums have gotten more interesting for me than the game at the moment. I'd love something more to do (and I don't think we should just have to wait around until the next map comes -- because we'll have the same problem soon enough when everyone reaches the level cap again and get all their loot). Need a long-term solution that makes the game fun for people even when they're not advancing in levels.

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 08:27 AM
Btw, I was just thinking about this and perhaps part of the problem is the way the devs make their money. They mY not want to give us too much to do outside new maps, bc they want to make sure people buy the new maps when they come along? I could be wrong, hope I am. But I do think they need to find a way to make the game fun beyond just always buying the next map, completing it and being bored again.

Torrentula81
11-23-2010, 08:28 AM
I get the feeling that this game will be 3 years old before anything like this happens. maybe my expectation is to high of what I want this game to be. I agree we all look the same because we are. Our armor, stats, and skills are so close to every ones its to the point of copy right infringement to wich ever bird I'm standing next to.

Its like the news, different name, same story.