PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion to fix CTF

Ravager
01-09-2014, 11:08 PM
My suggestion is to have some sort of tokens for the winning team of CTF. Maybe call them Gladiator Tokens.
After 10,000 Gladiator Tokens or so, you can purchase a vanity or a pet egg or whatever. Some people may say it is too much for a pet egg or vanity but this is not meant to be a farm area. It is just incentive to run CTF the way it was supposed to be and give many of the dedicated CTF players a rebate on pet food.

There may be some flaws, just like any current PVP state. I have some possible solutions to some of those problems.

Problem:
Spot blocker idling in lobby.

Solution:
30s timeout that sends them to Main Menu.

Problem:
Spot blocker on your team and is dead.

Solution:

Problem:
Spot block alive on your team.

Solution:
Not sure of a solution. Hope the game goes fast and there are enough games started and you won't get this person again. But if that person is in my guild, pm me and I'll ban them. Hopefully all officers and GM's from other guilds would do the same as most of us want fair play.

If this were ever come to light, I'd even go as far as protecting the flagger on my team.

conradev
01-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Finally...a non-absent minded CTF "initiative".

Joncheese
01-10-2014, 03:16 AM
My suggestion is to have some sort of tokens for the winning team of CTF. Maybe call them Gladiator Tokens.
After 10,000 Gladiator Tokens or so, you can purchase a vanity or a pet egg or whatever. Some people may say it is too much for a pet egg or vanity but this is not meant to be a farm area. It is just incentive to run CTF the way it was supposed to be and give many of the dedicated CTF players a rebate on pet food.

There may be some flaws, just like any current PVP state. I have some possible solutions to some of those problems.

Problem:
Spot blocker idling in lobby.

Solution:

Problem:
Spot blocker on your team and is dead.

Solution:

Problem:

Solution:
Not sure of a solution. Hope the game goes fast and there are enough games started and you won't get this person again. But if that person is in my guild, pm me and I'll ban them. Hopefully all officers and GM's from other guilds would do the same as most of us want fair play.

If this were ever come to light, I'd even go as far as protecting the flagger on my team.

Honestly i love this idea. Only thing i would say is period that is longer than 30s as tbh this isnt much of a punishment? For want of a better word.

I hate spot blocking too, its a pain in the arse. If anyone sees a member of Pride spot blocking be sure to message us.

Serancha
01-10-2014, 03:23 AM
I think this 30 second thing means that if the person is idle for more than 30 seconds, that person is tossed from the match and sent to the start menu, where they remain until they return to the device. At that time they would need to re-enter the main AL game and find a new pvp match.

Sending them to the start menu for 30 seconds would not make any sense at all.

Ravager
01-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Honestly i love this idea. Only thing i would say is period that is longer than 30s as tbh this isnt much of a punishment? For want of a better word.

I hate spot blocking too, its a pain in the arse. If anyone sees a member of Pride spot blocking be sure to message us.

Not really trying to punish them per se. Some people may simply be lagging a little or got caught up in something real quick. 30 seconds would be ample time in most cases to choose whatever team they want to choose.

If it's a situation where they are died and lagging for 30 seconds, I'm sure they are hurting the team anyways and should leave.

If they are brought back to the menu, they are gone from the match and a free spot has opened up for another player.

Kuwaabs
01-10-2014, 08:25 PM
I agreed with this idea Will bring CTF back the way it use to be

bhutkeyur
01-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Timeout system is fine but its not permanent solution in PvP- Better introduce PvP rating system(now gonna write how rating system works - just google it)

With rating system + timeout + AFK/dummyfarming report system togather it will be fixed.

Dummy farming isnt same as vote to kick system. Vote to kick might be abused by immature people. What we need to do is just report person as dummyfarmer and if he kill that dummy more than 2-5 times he will be kicked out of game. If that person get reported more than few times - they will get auto ban.

I know its kind of too much work for dev but its worth it for long time.

Maalice
01-11-2014, 04:20 AM
Remove flag ap

Make ap for ctf wins

Allow a party to que together for ctf

Ravager
01-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Remove flag ap

Make ap for ctf wins

Allow a party to que together for ctf

Allowing a party to queue together makes kill farming easier. If they make tokens for ctf and award them to the team, they wont need to remove the flag ap for the most part.

Maalice
01-11-2014, 02:54 PM
Allowing a party to queue together makes kill farming easier. If they make tokens for ctf and award them to the team, they wont need to remove the flag ap for the most part.

Fml... kill spawners ruin everything...

Instanthumor
01-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Problem:

Solution:

There was always that idea about the ability to boot a player off your team with 4/5 votes...?

Fml... kill spawners ruin everything...

Limiting the LB to only endgame players will limit the spawnkillers, especially at lower levels.

Zylx
01-11-2014, 09:38 PM
There was always that idea about the ability to boot a player off your team with 4/5 votes...?

Scenario
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 2: **** ks
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 2: ks!!!
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player B
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 3: Im tired of this guy
Player 4: me too
Player 1 killed Player C
Player 5: same here
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 3: Kick?
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 killed Player A
Player 1 has been booted from the game.

Now that doesnt seem fair. Does it? People wont kick other people solely for blocking. They can kick them even if everyone just doesnt like them? They'll kick them even if they are about to end their precious ctf game by flagging. Blocking isn't against the rules of the game, and every player has the right to play like everyone else. Sure it sucks to fight a 2v5 guild war, but hey. That's life.

But i agree with the 30 second time limit on the "choose team" menu, as well as the 30 second time limit to respawn after death.

Instanthumor
01-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Well there are more occasions when spotblocking happens than the occasions of meeting a great kser. And chances are, that kser is probably going to be a friend of one of those other four on the team.

Anarchist
01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Player 1 has been booted from the game.

Now that doesnt seem fair. Does it? People wont kick other people solely for blocking. They can kick them even if everyone just doesnt like them? They'll kick them even if they are about to end their precious ctf game by flagging. Blocking isn't against the rules of the game, and every player has the right to play like everyone else. Sure it sucks to fight a 2v5 guild war, but hey. That's life.

Some players will surely abuse the power to kick away someone.

@Thread this suggestion would have been grate if there weren't dummyfarmers, as things are now this will just be another incentive for them.
They will start farming dummies like never before.

Ravager
01-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Any suggestions / feedback on getting new vanity / pet eggs through coins accumulated on ctf?

dantus
01-14-2014, 06:12 AM
I think adding a reward system to pvp would be awesome. Would work just as well in tdm also. Another great item to make purchasable with pvp tokens is respecs. Kind of the ying to bards tales yang. Would be appropriate too as much as we respect for pvp.

Ravager
01-14-2014, 10:22 AM
I think adding a reward system to pvp would be awesome. Would work just as well in tdm also. Another great item to make purchasable with pvp tokens is respecs. Kind of the ying to bards tales yang. Would be appropriate too as much as we respect for pvp.

Im not sure if it would work for tdm since there are kill farmers.

dantus
01-14-2014, 10:31 AM
As there are floggers in ctf..people will join ctf games with friends and free flag to farm tokens. This will always occur. It's like pet spammers on pc, flaggers, kill farmers some people will always take the shortcut. The prizes for pop tokens would be worthless in no time for this, that's why I suggested respecs as a purchasable item

Ravager
01-14-2014, 08:12 PM
As there are floggers in ctf..people will join ctf games with friends and free flag to farm tokens. This will always occur. It's like pet spammers on pc, flaggers, kill farmers some people will always take the shortcut. The prizes for pop tokens would be worthless in no time for this, that's why I suggested respecs as a purchasable item

There would be an opposing team to stop them if they want tokens.

Only the winning team gets tokens.

Alhuntrazeck
01-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Any suggestions / feedback on getting new vanity / pet eggs through coins accumulated on ctf?
Pretty good idea. As for a reward, I'd suggest a banner plus an AP...A banner with maybe a laurel on it? A trophy? to show that you've won so many CTF games. Of course, what is counted as "won" is also a factor. I could simply end 10000 games and get the banner, right?

Samhayne
01-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Some players will surely abuse the power to kick away someone.

@Thread this suggestion would have been grate if there weren't dummyfarmers, as things are now this will just be another incentive for them.
They will start farming dummies like never before.

Good ideas, but as EliteFamily points out, we don't want to add incentives for farmers to do what they're doing.

The timeouts is a solid idea. Maybe an area to explore for PvP improvement. Right now though, we have an expansion to get out :)

Maalice
01-16-2014, 05:12 AM
No offense to the devs... and I also don't want to sound ungrateful.

But I think a lot of us would like to see fixes before additions... additio s bring more things to fix, and the old stuff that needs fixing never gets fixed...

Btw ty for all ur hard work

Maalice
01-16-2014, 05:13 AM
No offense to the devs... and I also don't want to sound ungrateful.

But I think a lot of us would like to see fixes before additions... additio s bring more things to fix, and the old stuff that needs fixing never gets fixed...

Btw ty for all ur hard work