PDA

View Full Version : world space geometry

IamCoemToKillU
11-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Just wondering why are levels made straight forward. I'm coming from ultima online where the world is limited yet still uberly vast. Wouldnt it be great if we'd have open space area. I mean my phone (galaxy ***) can handle some few more polygons and load time of whole world model (polygons dont take much of data, just alot of computing) would still be like a sec. Just asking i'm not grouchy or anything, just entertaining ideas

Arterra
11-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Open world I wanted. Or at least some copy of it, edges of a map take you to the adjacent area.

IamCoemToKillU
11-23-2010, 08:07 AM
or anoither map if "fragmentation" is prefered
This is prolly what you meant anyhow.

Arterra i'm giving it a wild guess over your post count saying you know how pvp looks here. Is it like normal maps meaning includes normal monsters and you bash your way through enemies hunting there or just plain monsterless room.

Imagine a pvp area where you would actually have to fight to get da uber lewetz. Meaning instances of normal maps just bumped up good loot chance who people would need to fight for

Arterra
11-23-2010, 08:13 AM
I can't actually tell what that
A) has to do with original post
B) has to do with itself
C) fragmentation this is... As in a huga map split into loadable little ones? I guess so

Ps my Pvp scene is tiny but fun. I'm too busy trying to get any gear for my Mage.

IamCoemToKillU
11-23-2010, 08:28 AM
yes it had no connection. I'm sorry doth i have confused thee

Arterra
11-23-2010, 09:58 AM
yes it had no connection. I'm sorry doth i have confused thee

Lol it has begun... Otherwise in general valid ideas I think.

asommers
11-23-2010, 07:46 PM
The dungeon system was built to support random dungeon generation. We generate a dungeon randomly and then hand tweak it. One day, we will expose random generation options when hosting a dungeon.

-ALS

Gaabob
11-23-2010, 08:31 PM
That would be pretty cool, like randomly generate a super epic map and then save it. Lol how about a million respawning mummies that each drop 100 gold! Heaaaven!

Kurlz
11-23-2010, 08:57 PM
That would be pretty cool, like randomly generate a super epic map and then save it. Lol how about a million respawning mummies that each drop 100 gold! POWER LEVELING Heaaaven!

correction

Arterra
11-23-2010, 09:02 PM
The dungeon system was built to support random dungeon generation. We generate a dungeon randomly and then hand tweak it. One day, we will expose random generation options when hosting a dungeon.

-ALS

that is the first confirmation on randomization I have read! and I have made like 2-3 posts on the topic lol

Gaabob
11-23-2010, 09:07 PM
correction

Um no.... Gold heaven was the point dude try reading some more

Edit: with the prenerf gold dropage, and new stat system power leveling is/would be boring as hell anyways(more so than previously). I would be content to play a new character (after making 5 50s already) without using a single exp pot, especially if gold was brought back to ao3.

If power leveling is all you can see in a paragraph concentrating around money, then whatever floats your boat- I'm not interested in ever power leveling again (done it for several characters- it's old shiz in a new world IMO).