PDA

View Full Version : Skill Set Suggestions. Archer

Silentreaper
05-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Okay, this is probably listed in the forums somewhere and I'm sorry for re-posting if i did. Don't be mad. Alrighty, i was just going to get everyone's "opinions' on what they individually thought the best spent skill points should go. And which should be on he hot-key spots. I'm wanting a full discussion on what makes YOUR setup the best over everyone elses and why people should follow your example. Oh, and feel free to throw in any combos using the skills that u might use.

I happen to like the combo, Thorn Wall, then immediately cast the repulse shot on the same enemy. The reason it makes it a good combo, is having it at lvl 5 on both, it does decent damage, but since the thorn wall take a small second to actually take effect the repulse shot is able to knock it away really far but still in range to fire upon. Yes, it sounds similar to the Thorn Root learned earlier on. However u have to think about the fact that thorn wall is surrounding and it will also root any other creatures attacking you so you are able to mortally wound/kill the main target and still be able to stop all other threats in order to get away in time before being mauled by an entire mob of monsters.

Please feel free to post your own and even comment on others if you see a possible flaw or betterment to someones setup. MAKE SURE TO BE COURTEOUS, this is free speak no one's setup is wrong.

ziae
05-04-2010, 12:20 PM
hey reaper, when u touch thorn wall, how far a distance will all the 'surrounding' mobs be rooted? from wat i saw just now is quite far. good combo with beckon.
was using my warrior.

beckon > thorn wall > and the enc wadda wadda skills spam --> nice sight

Silentreaper
05-04-2010, 12:26 PM
hey reaper, when u touch thorn wall, how far a distance will all the 'surrounding' mobs be rooted? from wat i saw just now is quite far. good combo with beckon.
was using my warrior.

beckon > thorn wall > and the enc wadda wadda skills spam --> nice sight

yea, im not exactly sure how far the wall is casted but like u stated, its pretty far thats y i think its such a great combo, and its easy to spare the mana since archer has pretty much unlimited mana after gaining lvl 5 meditation.