View Full Version : Support, is it needed?

Ambroas
01-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Hey guys, so I'll get straight to the point. Yes I'm new, no I don't think I know it all or anything about this game I'm just basing my questions on my experiences thus far with the hope of experts helping me. I LOVE support, I'm completely fine with following a group and doing 0 damage while keeping them all alive and buffed. Sure I assist in dmg because it'd be stupid to not atleast auto attack bug whatever. My concerns with this game is that so far no one needs support! I get in groups during quests that run straight through groups of enemies together and I might heal maybe 10% of everyone's hp at the end at most leaving me wondering why I didn't just take a dmg class. End game are support engineers a must, a luxury, or not needed at all? And at what level do I become more important in my role?

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I go, but I'd rather not go further until I know I'm needed.

Madnex
01-10-2014, 11:13 AM
This is because the game is fairly easy and simple. The difficulty it should have on 3 players is the difficulty a somewhat experienced player is facing, on solo. In numbers more than 2, without the bosses from scorn vanguard and up, any class can survive just running through a mob and tapping stimpacks.

Pure support is diamond rare. One reason for that is that it's not needed on 80% of the situations. The game has been out for a long while without keeping the level caps and campaigns running as well so most people you see will be running 2-3 levels above the campaign level, if not more.

End game support is necessary in the last 3 stages though. Or very experienced team of 3+. So until that, engineers sure are helpful and make things easier but runs can be completed without. So below level 30-35 don't expect the red carpet when you join, I guess. :P

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask. :)

ancestor
01-12-2014, 04:15 AM
In My Opinion Eng. Are Great And Useful throughout The Entire Game, But If I Had To Pick The First Set Of Levels Where Your Absolutely Needed, Im Going To Pick Delta engs Are The Best So Keep With It, I Wont Even Try To Run Elite Maps Without 2 Engs Present.

Madnex
01-12-2014, 04:56 AM
Megabuns, hear this shocking truth! You don't win cookies for capitalizing every single word in a sentence! :P

And I take it you mean AFTERMATH, BIOHAZARD and EXODUS stages of the last and least campaign as elite? It's possible to do with just 2 players, but at least one eng. Engineer with uraz and primed can solo it with the right level of experience. :3

Churjya
01-13-2014, 08:41 AM
Talking about engsz....well get a Dm napalm+condor damage implant+uraz set+PVE build and you are ready to kill those mobs in EXODUS or in any level alone.

I dont like Primed because engs got low dps with napalm...

ancestor
01-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Megabuns, hear this shocking truth! You don't win cookies for capitalizing every single word in a sentence! :P

And I take it you mean AFTERMATH, BIOHAZARD and EXODUS stages of the last and least campaign as elite? It's possible to do with just 2 players, but at least one eng. Engineer with uraz and primed can solo it with the right level of experience. :3

Haha Thats So Funny.... No One Cares If I CAPITALIZE EVERY SINGLE LETTER OF THE ALPHABET, BECAUSE CHANCES ARE YOU ARE STILL READING THIS, SO TRY NOT TO INSULT OTHERS BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN OPINION, Or Not Type How You Like, AND IF YOU DO, GET OFF THE FORUMS. Thx Love Megabuns! (Oh And Here Is The Cookie I Won, Cus I Always Win, So Dont Forget Next Time You Have Some Thing Ignorant To Say)

Solid Scorpion
01-15-2014, 07:13 AM
In early levels a group without engs that know what they're doing can pretty much do just fine.

However, when you reach the later lvls...

Unless u got a member drunk with enhancers later lvls would be excruciating.

Att
01-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I just dont farm kills on operative without a good commando and engineer because using a dm napalm with damage implant and with the speed i always get the aggro but practiced to stay at back and shoot as many enemies as possible.Engineer is crutial end game as much as commando