PDA

View Full Version : A possible solution to PL Players (Free Characters)

Zeus
01-10-2014, 11:02 AM
So,

If STG remembers what they did in the Humania cap, they gave L65 characters to anyone who had spent $500 or more on the game.

In response to this, I think many players are reluctant to try AL because of the leveling factor.

So, what STG could do is give PL veterans the option to have a free L35 character (leaving them something to work towards) in order to give them a renewed interest in AL.

IMO, it would definitely bring a few players over and show that STG didn't just abandon the players in PL. In a way, they gave them a "VIP Pass" to come aboard!

Veteran Criteria:
• Invested at least 6 months time into the game
• Spent an amount of money of which STG chooses fit or more into PL.

Benefits for STG:
• More potential platinum buyers
• Happier customers because of the fact that you took care of them, so to speak.

Just food for thought,

~Zeus

Rot
01-10-2014, 11:04 AM
I partly agree because leveling in AL is boring without friends

I also disagree because if players get free leveling in AL they probably won't understand the mechanics of the game, hence resulting in Warriors not tanking, Mages not using the right skills and Rogues dying all the time

Jig
01-10-2014, 11:17 AM

I also disagree because if players get free leveling in AL they probably won't understand the mechanics of the game, hence resulting in Warriors not tanking, Mages not using the right skills and Rogues dying all the time

Hence pl veteran meaning, if your a veteran in pl, obviously your going to know what a tank is, or have a least a clue on what to do...? Btw then learn while capping, or whatever you don't HAVE to start from lvl 1, just pve lots at 35? :3

Al looks great feels great I like it, but the way pve is sort of set up I don't like it compared to pl, same as how the camera doesn't turn all that crap I hate not being able to see around you... Aggravating tbh, but I'm baring with it... And they should all have PL shields in al!!!! Onto something here

Rot
01-10-2014, 11:20 AM
Hence pl veteran meaning, if your a veteran in pl, obviously your going to know what a tank is, or have a least a clue on what to do...? Btw then learn while capping, or whatever you don't HAVE to start from lvl 1, just pve lots at 35? :3

Veteran as in join date or level? Have you not seen l76 scatter bears?

Jig
01-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Veteran as in join date or level? Have you not seen l76 scatter bears?

Meh dont really know tbh :/ itd be best to go of join date, but then again there can be some good players that join late also :/ eh

Zeus
01-10-2014, 11:25 AM

Elite Shuyal is like AOIII back when it was not nerfed. Believe me, anyone who runs elite will learn what to do quite fast.

By veteran, I would classify the criteria as of join date (anyone who has invested at least 6 months into the game) or a vast amount of money only to realize that it was a game without updates.

Int
01-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Hmm a Pl veteran can be Lvl 35 in AL without doing nothing while others have to level up their own to 35, interesting

Rot
01-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Elite Shuyal is like AOIII back when it was not nerfed. Believe me, anyone who runs elite will learn what to do quite fast.

Not trying to sound pessimistic but, there will be players who don't know what to do in AL (imo it's pretty different compared to PL), fact. But I think a headstart for veterans should be good, as long as AL players could cope with inexperienced L35 players flooding AL's endgame.

Jig
01-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Hmm a Pl veteran can be Lvl 35 in AL without doing nothing while others have to level up their own to 35, interesting

They cap 100k exp + another 150? To grt to max lvl anyways, I think 35 lvls isnt to hard? really it isn't, unless you dont like the game all that much

Bless
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM

By veteran, I would classify the criteria as of join date (anyone who has invested at least 6 months into the game) or a vast amount of money only to realize that it was a game without updates. That would be nice but 6 months is short isnt it?

Oldcoot
01-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Sign me up, I need an oldcoottwo there

Rot
01-10-2014, 11:34 AM
A headstart could also be in other forms, such as elixir, a better tutorial than the current one, a little plat, random pinks every 5 level or a golden chest, etc. Just some suggestions.

Zeus
01-10-2014, 11:42 AM

They offered this service in PL, but most PL players have capped 2-3x more exp than any AL player ever could & that's just counting on one character.

For them to level in the 70s is like 7k exp per level. On top of that, they have a 100k exp cap to grind for.

@ Rot
PL was able to deal with it. The thing is, if you're going to want to run map - you WILL learn. There are many L35-36 players I see that do not know what they're doing, but in a week or two when I check back - they are running along quite smoothly.

@ Miracle
Yes, but the actual definition of veteran isn't applied here. It's based on the Centurion rewards. 6 months of time invested in a game only to find out that it's a nonupdated game is quite a blow it is not.

This solution has already been implemented once in PL and it was rather successful. I don't see why it can't happen again.

If I remember correctly, STG also hooked up those L65 characters with angel sets. They could do a similar move in AL, as Rot suggested.

octavos
01-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Im done with my share of leveling..level 30 is fine with me. since endgame bosses are hard and time consuming (Norder onward). I have lost the motivation to level in AL. the only motivation I have is holiday stuff. Even if we were to have this incentive to level to 35, gear would be an issue too...many play for mythic and the best pets (for there twinks or main), so how are they obtained..locked chests and elite chests.

Not tying to sound like I don't like your idea (Apollo aka Zeus), but casual players like me don't see why leveling to that level is beneficial if the better to best stuff is locked or in elite. I would like somethings in regular areas also. leveling is just a number in my head....so devs gotta show me and casual players at 35+ you can do this and get this..and a bit of effort you can get this ect..but enough to be good and not die often at those levels.

Zeus
01-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Im done with my share of leveling..level 30 is fine with me. since endgame bosses are hard and time consuming (Norder onward). I have lost the motivation to level in AL. the only motivation I have is holiday stuff. Even if we were to have this incentive to level to 35, gear would be an issue too...many play for mythic and the best pets (for there twinks or main), so how are they obtained..locked chests and elite chests.

Not tying to sound like I don't like your idea (Apollo aka Zeus), but casual players like me don't see why leveling to that level is beneficial if the better to best stuff is locked or in elite. I would like somethings in regular areas also. leveling is just a number in my head....so devs gotta show me and casual players at 35+ you can do this and get this..and a bit of effort you can get this ect..but enough to be good and not die often at those levels.

Hey Octavos,

In this, you're saying from what I understood is that you're a casual player, yes? Well, traditionally in most MMOs, you're not going to be able to earn the best gear/best pets by being a casual player. Instead, you'll be able to get the casual gear/casual pets, both of which are perfectly fine to run elites in.

This is why I also said that STG could provide them with a decent set that will be able to take the brute force of elite farming. Of course, it should be scaled enough to not throw off the balance of mythics, arcanes, and the elite legendaries that you obtain from farming.

If they want mythics/best pets, they're going to have to put in the effort for it. I did it, and no, I didn't pay for it. I've learned in AL, at least in my case, spending platinum does NOT get you rich. Believe me, I have 20k plat of opened locked crates without a mythic or arcane to show for it.

octavos
01-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Hey Octavos,

In this, you're saying from what I understood is that you're a casual player, yes? Well, traditionally in most MMOs, you're not going to be able to earn the best gear/best pets by being a casual player. Instead, you'll be able to get the casual gear/casual pets, both of which are perfectly fine to run elites in.

This is why I also said that STG could provide them with a decent set that will be able to take the brute force of elite farming. Of course, it should be scaled enough to not throw off the balance of mythics, arcanes, and the elite legendaries that you obtain from farming.

If they want mythics/best pets, they're going to have to put in the effort for it. I did it, and no, I didn't pay for it. I've learned in AL, at least in my case, spending platinum does NOT get you rich. Believe me, I have 20k plat of opened locked crates without a mythic or arcane to show for it.

Hi bud,
Still doesn't point out the benefit to level jumping. I was jumped in PL and when I got to that level...my gear and stats were good but in humania it was a 1-shot hell for the level jumped people. I believe that the levels from AL are a bit more balanced then PL 1-shot levels. Now thats the point casual players wont run elite, I don't, and thats what i'm saying...some good gear needs to be dropped in normal runs..not only elites. The effort you have put into AL I commend you on that..but a person like me will use the level up..and just farm lower levels. Because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel there has to be something more compelling after the jump, because at lv 30 and lv 35 there isn't much difference besides levels that you can play and armors. IN PL you wanted to cap because of the Vanity set that help boost your stats and SL arbiter sets. Why do you want to work hard just for a banner.

But still like the idea to bring PL players to AL...but a free lv 35...probably not..maybe a lv25

Suentous PO
01-10-2014, 12:21 PM
If al already has 10x the population of pl, then I don't see pulling ppl into that game as helping the viability of pl.
If devs want to do something that would require any work, I'd rather see that time and effort go into pl even if it isn't something big like a cap.
An event here would be a better thank you.
Besides I'm already 35 there and prefer many things about this game.

Zeus
01-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Hi bud,
Still doesn't point out the benefit to level jumping. I was jumped in PL and when I got to that level...my gear and stats were good but in humania it was a 1-shot hell for the level jumped people. I believe that the levels from AL are a bit more balanced then PL 1-shot levels. Now thats the point casual players wont run elite, I don't, and thats what i'm saying...some good gear needs to be dropped in normal runs..not only elites. The effort you have put into AL I commend you on that..but a person like me will use the level up..and just farm lower levels. Because I don't see the light at the end of the tunnel there has to be something more compelling after the jump, because at lv 30 and lv 35 there isn't much difference besides levels that you can play and armors. IN PL you wanted to cap because of the Vanity set that help boost your stats and SL arbiter sets. Why do you want to work hard just for a banner.

The benefit is it negates the reason why many players aren't coming over is due to the time invested. Personally, for me, I didn't want to level. It took me two-three expansions to hit the first cap because I was so unmotivated. All I wanted to do was farm. I didn't want to have to waste platinum for leveling.

Again, that's just a personal opinion. Like for any controversial idea, there's always going to be downfalls, but personally I don't see how a free L35 character could possibly be a bad thing other than people not knowing how to use the character correctly. And in my opinion, that issue is avoidable because there's many guides on how to elite farm different campaign maps.

Rot
01-10-2014, 12:26 PM
I'm not sure about AL but people tend to boot players with random gears in BSM in PL. I just hope that the AL community will not be as mean..

I still think the tutorials in both PL and AL need improvement. And a guide or a simple list of recommended skills should be added into the Skills page of AL. It's a tough decision, trying to decide which 4 skills you're going to use. I've personally experienced that multiple times, and I always had to wait for a free respec weekend. Guides on forums are all different builds so it's more confusing than helpful.

Shonex
01-10-2014, 12:51 PM
I like the idea, thats it. No more comments needed :D

octavos
01-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Again, that's just a personal opinion. Like for any controversial idea, there's always going to be downfalls, but personally I don't see how a free L35 character could possibly be a bad thing other than people not knowing how to use the character correctly. And in my opinion, that issue is avoidable because there's many guides on how to elite farm different campaign maps.

Agreed with the time invested...but why only PL..how about SL and DL players that have equally shown there patronage towards STG. Some problems are people who already in AL and spent there money...do they get a free lv35 also? I would love to get a free lv 35..but as I have seen many who have made there transitions from other games run into a small problem...there is usually plat left in those accounts..will they transfer? can they be reimbursed in in-game gold? or can they have an exclusive pet?. Most likely the plat will stay in the game it was purchased for. But as I said I would support this idea, it would be nice to bring members to "PL 2.0" but I can see it now many people who will get mad because of the prerequisites.

Roberto077
01-10-2014, 01:01 PM
I'd say 2 years is more fitting. People already get a vanity set for 6 months.

Skillless
01-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I did get a free 65 in PL. And that actually brought me back from a PL break. I used that toon to check out the new maps, then levelled up my "real" chars. That free toon is still a 66 1/2, I never used it again because it just wasn't my toon. And it wasn't the free character that made me stay for the next cap and on, it was that stg showed that they care about their customers - despite what so many forum posts say now.

Based on that I'd change the suggestion a bit: How about a "test drive", get a level 35 AL toon with decent gear for 10 playing hours to see what it is like.

I have tried AL, levelled two chars to 16ish. Despite loving levelling up toons in PL I did hate it AL. If I got the chance to experience how it is at end game would possibly give me the motivation to get my toons to 35/36.

programmed
01-10-2014, 03:12 PM
It's a nice idea. I tried AL and play every now and then but the leveling is so boring and the bosses can take an extremely long time to kill, especially when you're not a very high level.

LEVEL ONE
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I honestly dont understand how this is a solution for PL. I thought that everyone who dislikes AL is still playing PL, but nooo... You want to steal more players from us, Zeus?

Its a great idea for forcing PL players to go play AL though, Ill have to admit that.

programmed
01-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I honestly dont understand how this is a solution for PL. I thought that everyone who dislikes AL is still playing PL, but nooo... You want to steal more players from us, Zeus?

Its a great idea for forcing PL players to go play AL though, Ill have to admit that.

Even if I did use al because of this I still wouldn't leave PL and would still rarely use al.

Heroelite
01-10-2014, 04:41 PM
but then dem 0 kill + gearless 35s.

Zeus
01-10-2014, 05:12 PM

This addresses the issue to those who want to try out AL to see if they like it but do not want to feel like they have to start from the very very bottom.

It doesn't force anyone who still wants to stick with PL to stop playing PL.

Can I ask how you came to the conclusion that it would be forcing players? It merely provides an easier pathway.

@Hero
That happened before in Humania, which is why angel sets were released in correspondence to the free L65 characters given. The only difference was that you didn't have to spend $500 dollars to get an Angel set. Trust me, elites will sort out that KDR. ;)

Int
01-10-2014, 05:29 PM

They offered this service in PL, but most PL players have capped 2-3x more exp than any AL player ever could & that's just counting on one character.

For them to level in the 70s is like 7k exp per level. On top of that, they have a 100k exp cap to grind for.

@ Rot
PL was able to deal with it. The thing is, if you're going to want to run map - you WILL learn. There are many L35-36 players I see that do not know what they're doing, but in a week or two when I check back - they are running along quite smoothly.

@ Miracle
Yes, but the actual definition of veteran isn't applied here. It's based on the Centurion rewards. 6 months of time invested in a game only to find out that it's a nonupdated game is quite a blow it is not.

This solution has already been implemented once in PL and it was rather successful. I don't see why it can't happen again.

If I remember correctly, STG also hooked up those L65 characters with angel sets. They could do a similar move in AL, as Rot suggested.

True BUT pl also had enable xp elixir which allowed them to run mega maze or hidden passage without thrasher for insane xp, so getting to 76 was easy, I know people getting from 75-76 took them 1-2 days, unlike AL which we has to run shuyal which was kinda hard for an average party to run, and watcher tombs only gave 1xp per kill which wasn't much

Zeus
01-10-2014, 05:36 PM
True BUT pl also had enable xp elixir which allowed them to run mega maze or hidden passage without thrasher for insane xp, so getting to 76 was easy, I know people getting from 75-76 took them 1-2 days, unlike AL which we has to run shuyal which was kinda hard for an average party to run, and watcher tombs only gave 1xp per kill which wasn't much

What about for Sewers cap? Nuri's cap? Fang cap? None of that existed until the very end of Mt. Fang.

Also, that method required A LOT of platinum, so it was limited to only those who had that much platinum. I know a lot of people who grinded their way in the actual campaign maps.

Suentous PO
01-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Even if your intent is to renew interest in pl players to easily try out al as any sort of act of appreciation, then I would rather that effort put into improving any number of things in pl.
Devs say they would love to do something for us here, and I would love that.

I don't think pl players with 76 levels are really all that put off by 36.

Gracious
01-10-2014, 05:55 PM

I also disagree because if players get free leveling in AL they probably won't understand the mechanics of the game, hence resulting in Warriors not tanking, Mages not using the right skills and Rogues dying all the time the rogue who dies all the time is me BTW, sorry.

Cheenivie
01-10-2014, 06:11 PM
@Hero
That happened before in Humania, which is why angel sets were released in correspondence to the free L65 characters given. The only difference was that you didn't have to spend $500 dollars to get an Angel set. Trust me, elites will sort out that KDR. ;)

Just one thing. PL players who spent 500$+dollars already played PL before. Most of us never got gear in AL. To me this just seems like a way to attract PL players to AL and most of us know that AL is pretty much a Pay2Win game... Looks like you're trying to get us to spend more money on a game most of us hate on 24/7.

Int
01-10-2014, 06:15 PM
@Hero

Just one thing. PL players who spent 500$+dollars already played PL before. Most of us never got gear in AL. To me this just seems like a way to attract PL players to AL and most of us know that AL is pretty much a Pay2Win game... Looks like you're trying to get us to spend more money on a game most of us hate on 24/7.

That is true
@apollo, if PL players were given motivation to play AL if sts gave them Lvl 35 chars then Pl would just have less players and it would suck.

Suentous PO
01-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Hhhmmm
Al has more players now.
More players means more revenue for stg.
More $ = developments and updates.....

I suggest the opposite of your suggestion;
Allow al players an incentive to play pl.

XghostzX
01-10-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm very for this idea. I hate the leveling in AL and don't have quite the time, but if I could experience end game with a character I could possibly be a lot happier as a forumer and contribute more there and in PL.

I remember when they did this for PL... kept me hooked up.

Good idea Zeus, I'm all for it.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Parth. Should I try al? How's the pvp.

TEOKILLO
01-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Lets make the veteran requirements 2 years plz..not 6 months, thats like nothing

Argyros
01-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Lets make the veteran requirements 2 years plz..not 6 months, thats like nothing

But what about those people who have played since 2010/2011, but lost there acc somehow? A lot of really good players wouldn't get it.

fourleaf
01-10-2014, 08:20 PM
honestly AL is just missing the charm of PL
AL doesn't even have a real support class which is why I dislike it as an mmo, it seems like a 100% pvp game which is not bad just not my preference
I fall in love with games for their pve/adventure aspect, I will gladly participate and love the pvp but that's not how I choose what I play.

Caiahar
01-10-2014, 08:28 PM
I'm beginning to think Zeus meant to post it in AL discussion, not PL..but that title disagrees with me.

Jhawkeye
01-10-2014, 08:32 PM
My thoughts. Sorry if I'm repeating someone I read some but refuse to read all..
If a person has invested so much time in a game which is connected to another by the same company (Arcane Legends, Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends) then they should receive the benefit of not having to start completely over in either one of these games made by the company. I have played PL for 3 years now and I just started playing AL not too long ago. It was an easy transition, especially because AL has a smaller amount of skills that you have to maintain compared to PL.. I mean only 4? lol its easy and works great. I'm pretty sure anyone whose been playing any of the Legends games can easily transition into another one, as I've played all of them and do not consider myself to be a gamer at all.. It's not like we're asking for an extra boost in gold or anything, just a character where we don't have to start all the way over with grinding again because we already killed ourselves in another Legends game for so long, we should be able to have the luxury of killing ourselves less when we decide to play a different game

Schnitzel
01-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Sorry Zeus,
but PL is the only game STS made that i like.
I have a nice set of gear, and a nice guild to be in.

If i went to AL, I'd have to start over, make new friends, find another guild, get new gear.

ReligionIsABarrier
01-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Im all up for this idea. An you people saying two years? I started in 2011 but lost my account. So your saying i don't deserve the 35 if this was to happen? Because i do however have an account that's more than 6 months old. So 6 months is appropriate.

Doodlebeast
01-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Im all up for this idea. An you people saying two years? I started in 2011 but lost my account. So your saying i don't deserve the 35 if this was to happen? Because i do however have an account that's more than 6 months old. So 6 months is appropriate.

That's your fault isn't it? Now tell me how much of your idea came from your own desires?

IGN Storm
01-10-2014, 09:30 PM
Agree with everything except the part with '6 month of PL = 35 Character'. 6 months of PL does not make you a veteran, IMO it should be at the very minimum, Fang Cap and before (Sewer Cap and before is ideal). Or we could make the bonuses proportionate, for example:

Joined 6-30-2013 = 35 Toon
Joined 12-30-2012 = 35 Toon + Currency
Joined 6-30-2012 = 35 Toon + More currency
Joined 12-30-2011 = 35 Toon + More currency + Pet

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 12:30 AM
Agree with everything except the part with '6 month of PL = 35 Character'. 6 months of PL does not make you a veteran, IMO it should be at the very minimum, Fang Cap and before (Sewer Cap and before is ideal). Or we could make the bonuses proportionate, for example:

Joined 6-30-2013 = 35 Toon
Joined 12-30-2012 = 35 Toon + Currency
Joined 6-30-2012 = 35 Toon + More currency
Joined 12-30-2011 = 35 Toon + More currency + Pet

Awesome idea! Perhaps adding veterans that joined before 6-30-2011 too? With 35 toon + more currency + Pet + Vanity?

IGN Storm
01-11-2014, 12:54 AM
Awesome idea! Perhaps adding veterans that joined before 6-30-2011 too? With 35 toon + more currency + Pet + Vanity?

There will be more, in increments of 6 months down to I believe May 2010 (The week founders were given out). I just ran out of ideas lol, not too familiar with AL. I'm thinking everyone who came from PL should get a special vanity shield with the PL logo on it and the date we joined (In month-year) format to show off our seniority to the current AL players.

Jig
01-11-2014, 01:08 AM
There will be more, in increments of 6 months down to I believe May 2010 (The week founders were given out). I just ran out of ideas lol, not too familiar with AL. I'm thinking everyone who came from PL should get a special vanity shield with the PL logo on it and the date we joined (In month-year) format to show off our seniority to the current AL players.

I better get something special since I already have an AL account -_- like a PL vanity like you said at least

Zeus
01-11-2014, 02:04 AM

That's a very elitist idea and probably one that is not going to happen due to it being elitist. Maybe it was just the way you worded it, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

You've basically took an idea and turned it into a reward system to fully gear out a character.

I stated 6 months as the requirement, because if you've invested 6 months into a game to realize it's dead, wouldn't you be a bit PO'd? How old you are should have nothing to do with it except in terms of investment.

Jig
01-11-2014, 02:20 AM
Hmm, I think I have said this before to a dev not sure but ;) how does some time in the future making a full Remake of Pocket Legends? new upgraded engine and all, try and make it as the original pocket legends, and a hell lot of new stuff? would this not bring some attention..? also bring my founders into PLremake also

do it now

do it >:O

IGN Storm
01-11-2014, 02:47 AM
That's a very elitist idea and probably one that is not going to happen due to it being elitist. Maybe it was just the way you worded it, but it certainly left a bad taste in my mouth.

You've basically took an idea and turned it into a reward system to fully gear out a character.

I stated 6 months as the requirement, because if you've invested 6 months into a game to realize it's dead, wouldn't you be a bit PO'd? How old you are should have nothing to do with it except in terms of investment.

Maybe I got a bit carried away with the rewards (Probaly because I missed SOG and Founders) but I still believe 6 months is a short time compared to how much time others have invested. I would say a player who invested 3.5 years would a tad bit more "PO'd" than someone who played 6 months after BSM came out.

Again, I barely brushed the surface of AL and don't understand what "fully geared out" means. If you can write me a brief summary of what makes a character "fully geared out", I will glady offer ideas that will not be too generous on the veterans. Anyways, the rewards I listed aren't an actual suggestion but rather an example of how the erm... reward system would work.

Back to what a 6 month "veteran" will receive. I think the 35 acc should have some cash (IDK how much) so that people who transfered to AL can get some decent gear. Else they would have to start from the first campaign and work their way up until they can actually play and not die in a 30-35 dungeon. Then again it might be a good thing for someone new to AL to have the "Full Experience".

Doodlebeast
01-11-2014, 04:44 AM
Hmm, I think I have said this before to a dev not sure but ;) how does some time in the future making a full Remake of Pocket Legends? new upgraded engine and all, try and make it as the original pocket legends, and a hell lot of new stuff? would this not bring some attention..? also bring my founders into PLremake also

do it now

do it >:O

Pocket Legends 2.0? I can see it being more plat based there.

Jig
01-11-2014, 06:35 AM
Pocket Legends 2.0? I can see it being more plat based there.

Do you want it to survive? do you want any MMO to survive? I'm surviving in AL and have not spent literally A DIME on that game and I have capped every cap, and not very rich but I do the hard work and all the hard work pays of

Zeus
01-11-2014, 11:48 AM
Maybe I got a bit carried away with the rewards (Probaly because I missed SOG and Founders) but I still believe 6 months is a short time compared to how much time others have invested. I would say a player who invested 3.5 years would a tad bit more "PO'd" than someone who played 6 months after BSM came out.

Again, I barely brushed the surface of AL and don't understand what "fully geared out" means. If you can write me a brief summary of what makes a character "fully geared out", I will glady offer ideas that will not be too generous on the veterans. Anyways, the rewards I listed aren't an actual suggestion but rather an example of how the erm... reward system would work.

Back to what a 6 month "veteran" will receive. I think the 35 acc should have some cash (IDK how much) so that people who transfered to AL can get some decent gear. Else they would have to start from the first campaign and work their way up until they can actually play and not die in a 30-35 dungeon. Then again it might be a good thing for someone new to AL to have the "Full Experience".

You can actually get a gear set in AL for under 20k. However, if you want the best gear, it'll cost you a good 10m+. Fortunately, the 2nd best gear in the game only costs around 1m at max. However, I do think that STG should give a decent gear set that does not destroy the prices of the 1st or 2nd best gear in the game. Just one that is good enough to run elites in.

Playing AL for free is actually very manageable. Infact, imo, it's more manageable than playing PL for free. Heck, they've even made AH and Inventory slots purchasable for free through Daily Bard quests. You just have to put in the time for it.

If your idea of getting rich in that game is through gambling away in locked crates, be my guest. However, from my 20k plat I've spent gambling in there, let me tell you that I have not earned one good mythic or arcane item. So - gambling is not a way to get rich in that game unless you're very lucky. There are people that open 500+ crates just to open an arcane item.

Just like PL, if you want to get your gold, you will have to farm and or merch. The only reason why it seems harder is because AL is not pampered with super high inflation rates due to the vast amount of gold sinks in that game (mainly AH listing fees & potion fees). Of course, if you want it easy then PL might be your thing.

Suentous PO
01-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Well, title is phrased as a solution to pl, and you also say to show stg didn't "abandon" pl players, so I still think either of those possibilities must involve pl, not al.

Skillless
01-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Well, title is phrased as a solution to pl, and you also say to show stg didn't "abandon" pl players, so I still think either of those possibilities must involve pl, not al.

I think the title is right, as it is a solution for pl players, not pl. I think it's safe to say that there won't be a "solution" for pl as it never again will be the game of the past with lots of updates, big events and full parties.
But that doesn't mean that sts abandoned pl, I am sure that they will keep it running as long as they can and they'll try to give us updates as they are able to. Even if pl costs more for bandwidth and disk space than it creates revenue, I think they'll keep it alive because they have put more heart in it then any of us.
So I think pl will be what it is now, slow updates, known issues but also lots of history.

So if we pl players want another game, where we can find faster updates, more people and so on, migrating to al could be the solution, as stated in the op.

Suentous PO
01-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Thats the thing, some of us aren't looking for another STG game where history may repeat itself. I know more than a few still appreciate pl and would love to see whatever else they may have in store.

Int
01-11-2014, 01:59 PM
Thats the thing, some of us aren't looking for another STG game where history may repeat itself. I know more than a few still appreciate pl and would love to see whatever else they may have in store.

Next game might be another battles game like BC and BD

Bonthan
01-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Pocket legends 2 or version 2.0 has been addressed already by samhayne. Essentially, that's what Arcane is, PL2.

An introductory character into AL is a good idea and I would support it. However, I think most of the people that are going to make a switch from PL to Arcane have already done so. I loaded arcane the day it came out, played and have since left pl for 2 months and devoted my plat to arcane. Arcane doesn't hold me like PL does. I'm not a fan of locked cameras and not being able to interchange gear between classes. Also, I come from the early days of WOW, Everquest, and Asherons Call. I am used to paying per month. I understand this is just gaming in general and not just spacetime. However, in PL I can buy a stack of plat and know how long it will last me, not the case in arcane. After evaluating how much plat I was spending in al vs pl and the enjoyment I got out of the game and then projected out how much money I was going to invest in game(the gems did me in)only to have it possibly reach the same fate as pl in 2 or 3 years I made the switch back to forest haven. Here I will countinue to grow my small army of pocket warriors and enjoy the company of my dwindling friends, but when the day comes to find another game I will check the App Store before purchasing my 1700 plat in arcane. I hope this doesn't come across as a rant, but instead as the perspective of a consumer.

Huge thanks to Spacetime for giving me a place to smite dragons and get all excited over a +2 armor. I have and still enjoy these games greatly :)

Deadsoldiers
01-11-2014, 09:07 PM
Pocket legends 2 or version 2.0 has been addressed already by samhayne. Essentially, that's what Arcane is, PL2.

An introductory character into AL is a good idea and I would support it. However, I think most of the people that are going to make a switch from PL to Arcane have already done so. I loaded arcane the day it came out, played and have since left pl for 2 months and devoted my plat to arcane. Arcane doesn't hold me like PL does. I'm not a fan of locked cameras and not being able to interchange gear between classes. Also, I come from the early days of WOW, Everquest, and Asherons Call. I am used to paying per month. I understand this is just gaming in general and not just spacetime. However, in PL I can buy a stack of plat and know how long it will last me, not the case in arcane. After evaluating how much plat I was spending in al vs pl and the enjoyment I got out of the game and then projected out how much money I was going to invest in game(the gems did me in)only to have it possibly reach the same fate as pl in 2 or 3 years I made the switch back to forest haven. Here I will countinue to grow my small army of pocket warriors and enjoy the company of my dwindling friends, but when the day comes to find another game I will check the App Store before purchasing my 1700 plat in arcane. I hope this doesn't come across as a rant, but instead as the perspective of a consumer.

Huge thanks to Spacetime for giving me a place to smite dragons and get all excited over a +2 armor. I have and still enjoy these games greatly :)

Well yeah i dowloaded the game and unistalled because i got borred of wasting time on another game and went back playing PL. I think if id get a chracter I would at least try it out.

IGN Storm
01-11-2014, 10:26 PM
You can actually get a gear set in AL for under 20k. However, if you want the best gear, it'll cost you a good 10m+. Fortunately, the 2nd best gear in the game only costs around 1m at max. However, I do think that STG should give a decent gear set that does not destroy the prices of the 1st or 2nd best gear in the game. Just one that is good enough to run elites in.

Playing AL for free is actually very manageable. Infact, imo, it's more manageable than playing PL for free. Heck, they've even made AH and Inventory slots purchasable for free through Daily Bard quests. You just have to put in the time for it.

If your idea of getting rich in that game is through gambling away in locked crates, be my guest. However, from my 20k plat I've spent gambling in there, let me tell you that I have not earned one good mythic or arcane item. So - gambling is not a way to get rich in that game unless you're very lucky. There are people that open 500+ crates just to open an arcane item.

Just like PL, if you want to get your gold, you will have to farm and or merch. The only reason why it seems harder is because AL is not pampered with super high inflation rates due to the vast amount of gold sinks in that game (mainly AH listing fees & potion fees). Of course, if you want it easy then PL might be your thing.

That helps a bit. Maybe allow the Veterans to receive a lvl 35 Character + 50k. Or as you said, STS should give a decent gear set. Maybe make it untradeable like the Angelic Sets.

Jig
01-11-2014, 11:01 PM
Wait can I ask question? So what will happen, does this happen when sts shut PL's down? or they do this whenever even if PL is still up..?

XghostzX
01-11-2014, 11:03 PM
Wait can I ask question? So what will happen, does this happen when sts shut PL's down? or they do this whenever even if PL is still up..?

That's actually an interesting point. Should STS ever decide to shut down PL this is a MUST for us players... in fact I would think we deserve more than just decent gear + money...

But I'm getting a little carried away, I seriously doubt STS would shut down PL and I hope they would never. But I think the Zeus was talking about doing this even if it isn't shut down.

Jig
01-11-2014, 11:08 PM
That's actually an interesting point. Should STS ever decide to shut down PL this is a MUST for us players... in fact I would think we deserve more than just decent gear + money...

But I'm getting a little carried away, I seriously doubt STS would shut down PL and I hope they would never. But I think the Zeus was talking about doing this even if it isn't shut down.

Thought so, when they give us a clear indication that they cannot do another expansion in PL, but the usual events like christmas etc.. thats when this idea comes into action.

Zeus
01-11-2014, 11:09 PM

Yup, as someone put it... there should be a pathway made for players of existing legends games to test out other legend games without starting completely over. I've started over in SL & AL. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun. Getting the gear and learning the game all over again is a challenge enough, IMO.

So, we could edit this idea to be available for all games. Capped AL players could have a chance to try out PL, SL, DL and vice versa.

XghostzX
01-11-2014, 11:16 PM
Yup, as someone put it... there should be a pathway made for players of existing legends games to test out other legend games without starting completely over. I've started over in SL & AL. Let me tell you, it wasn't fun. Getting the gear and learning the game all over again is a challenge enough, IMO.

So, we could edit this idea to be available for all games. Capped AL players could have a chance to try out PL, SL, DL and vice versa.

Hmm that's an interest concept. I'm all up for it, and the only reason I would like a system like this is solely because STS' strategy involves creating more and more games. And for customers that are well aware of this... well, I think we know how a large amount of PL community feels. This is most definitely a viable "solution".

Crashy
01-18-2014, 11:32 PM

Hmm that's an interest concept. I'm all up for it, and the only reason I would like a system like this is solely because STS' strategy involves creating more and more games. And for customers that are well aware of this... well, I think we know how a large amount of PL community feels. This is most definitely a viable "solution".

This would be awesome for everyone.
No one will be left out, and there shudnt be much complains about sts leaving one game for another.

Sounds like a possible win win situation.

Shonex
03-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Pay attention to the time of the last post.

Matutd
03-04-2014, 01:45 PM
But the players that are jumped to level 35 won't know that opening chests can affect my drops :(

Matutd
03-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Also, (double post, go ahead and ask me if I care) another solution. Just release another Pl which is 100% the same, except, wait for it...

Lvl 56 cap client. Surely that's still saved somewhere in the STS regions of texas or in the magical cloud of storages.
Advatages of 56 cap client:
Putting on a strength set doesn't make you a good pvp player
Old players will play for nostalgia
New players can experience PL in its prime
Probably more I can't be bothered thinking.

Disadvantages:
Levelling up again
Nothing else

zetris
03-04-2014, 03:00 PM
Pay attention to the time of the last post.
Necro'd

Shonex
03-04-2014, 03:20 PM
Necro'd

Wow, nice! You deleted your post, how amusing!

XghostzX
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Also, (double post, go ahead and ask me if I care) another solution. Just release another Pl which is 100% the same, except, wait for it...

Lvl 56 cap client. Surely that's still saved somewhere in the STS regions of texas or in the magical cloud of storages.
Advatages of 56 cap client:
Putting on a strength set doesn't make you a good pvp player
Old players will play for nostalgia
New players can experience PL in its prime
Probably more I can't be bothered thinking.

Disadvantages:
Levelling up again
Nothing else

That would be neat but consider a few things, Matud:

-It would be tricky sending all the players to Pocket Legends '2' because although players would appreciate the balanced stats, players wouldn't want to give up their time invested in their current gear, gold, and especially stats (for those that care).
-remaking a new game can easily cause fraud in both usernames and guild names. For usernames, they'd have to charge players plat to reserve a name strictly from PL --> but imagine the players that don't. Name frauds and false identities can really hurt the reputation of someone and cause a ton amount of drama. Heck, I'd want to steal the name Sonic or something, but that's taken.
-Even though this seems like a basic concept of programming, it's more than it seems. To reprogram a game back to "the past" (in this case, back to the 56 cap) would still takes lot of time and money on STG's part... so I really couldn't seem them doing that.

Matutd
03-05-2014, 10:50 AM
That would be neat but consider a few things, Matud:

-It would be tricky sending all the players to Pocket Legends '2' because although players would appreciate the balanced stats, players wouldn't want to give up their time invested in their current gear, gold, and especially stats (for those that care).
-remaking a new game can easily cause fraud in both usernames and guild names. For usernames, they'd have to charge players plat to reserve a name strictly from PL --> but imagine the players that don't. Name frauds and false identities can really hurt the reputation of someone and cause a ton amount of drama. Heck, I'd want to steal the name Sonic or something, but that's taken.
-Even though this seems like a basic concept of programming, it's more than it seems. To reprogram a game back to "the past" (in this case, back to the 56 cap) would still takes lot of time and money on STG's part... so I really couldn't seem them doing that.

Well players could just play both if they wanted, or make the 56 cap a different server in the same app, just as fnord was.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't guilds introduced during nuris at 61 cap? And about the player name situation, it can be bad, but other mmos have different servers, and your name is only your name on a single server, and people on other servers can take the exact same name. It will only take a few weeks or so before we all know who is who

Argyros
03-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Make a new client exactly, available for download apk so that it doesn't cost a ton to put on the appstore. Call it pl 2, and put the reserve a name button a few months before release. Also maybe fix up the graphics a bit and what not lol. Cool idea.

I think Matutd, that the confusion could be solved simply by making a big thread where players can post who they actually are or something.

Also, the sewers Pl version was 1.7.1-1.7.3 idk but it would be great if they re realesed that client for download lol.

Jig
03-08-2014, 04:01 AM
Make a new client exactly, available for download apk so that it doesn't cost a ton to put on the appstore. Call it pl 2, and put the reserve a name button a few months before release. Also maybe fix up the graphics a bit and what not lol. Cool idea.

I think Matutd, that the confusion could be solved simply by making a big thread where players can post who they actually are or something.

Also, the sewers Pl version was 1.7.1-1.7.3 idk but it would be great if they re realesed that client for download lol.

Lmfao making another client or whatever you mean "pl 2" just for the droid store, is a dumb idea, no offence. And also re releasing sewers JUST for droids, am I wrong? Sorry if I am but a silly idea IMO

Argyros
03-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Lmfao making another client or whatever you mean "pl 2" just for the droid store, is a dumb idea, no offence. And also re releasing sewers JUST for droids, am I wrong? Sorry if I am but a silly idea IMO

>.< No... Sts could release for download off the chrome store, download via apk for all android, and/or apple appstore if they wanted to spend the money.

Yes your wrong, and it is a legit idea if sts saved the 1.7.1 Pl client somewhere. Kthxbai

Jig
03-08-2014, 10:52 AM
>.< No... Sts could release for download off the chrome store, download via apk for all android, and/or apple appstore if they wanted to spend the money.

Yes your wrong, and it is a legit idea if sts saved the 1.7.1 Pl client somewhere. Kthxbai

I heard they delete all clients, not sure I heard it is to save memory in their system or whatever idk, maybe I'm wrong

If they could get it on the App Store which 50% of the players use then yes I support it.. Other whys chrome sucks balls everyone hates it on there anyways, it was taken of ages ago also!

Argyros
03-08-2014, 11:07 AM
I heard they delete all clients, not sure I heard it is to save memory in their system or whatever idk, maybe I'm wrong

If they could get it on the App Store which 50% of the players use then yes I support it.. Other whys chrome sucks balls everyone hates it on there anyways, it was taken of ages ago also!

I rly dislike chrome aswell. I actually have not seen a post where they say that they delete the clients. I could look harder I guess. To my knowledge it costs sts to put an app up on the appstore monthly, but on android it could be downloaded free. That's my reasoning.

Jig
03-08-2014, 11:19 AM
I rly dislike chrome aswell. I actually have not seen a post where they say that they delete the clients. I could look harder I guess. To my knowledge it costs sts to put an app up on the appstore monthly, but on android it could be downloaded free. That's my reasoning.

Yeah well until you know the price of them having the app on the App Store... Then you could say something because it could cost money yes but how much? And you should look hard cause long ago I heard they delete clients, I DONT KNOW if I'm getting mixed up with something else but I just heard long ago they deleted stuff from the whatever data I don't care lmao I really don't anymore

Argyros
03-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I believe its about 100$ to right away put an app on the appstore and then you have to pay a monthly fee to apple, because the advertise you app.

Jig
03-08-2014, 05:02 PM
You've done your research :)