PDA

View Full Version : Why And How Mythic/Arcanes Gears Should be Upgraded.

Anarchist
01-10-2014, 04:14 PM
Recently i have been reading different complains on people not having anything to do since they already had the best gears right from last season and with the new tarlok gears not only mythic players have stashed their rusty swords but also legendary tarlok geared players are not farming Shuyal any more due to the fact the gears looted there worth very little compared to the effort made.

This must not happen in the new expansion.

Proof of new expansion coming soon.

Link: Probably New Expansion. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132661-Something-Big-is-Coming-in-Arcane-Legends)

I don't want to give away anything, but I'll tell you guys that we do have some big things coming up very soon. :) Keep an eye out for a big announcement this or next week.

Let's just say that something powerful is awakening in the land of Arlor and it won't be long until it comes out of the "woodwork." ;D

Many players are afraid about the impact updated myth will do to the game and don't want next season to be the same like last but personally i think the old myths need to be updated and i will explain why and how.

WHY

During this season a lot of people started playing AL and worked hard to gain their mythics, most of them got their myths recently thanks to the Christmas event.

If Sts with the new Exp already make our myths a twink set this will cause a dreadful uproar from MANY players towards Sts and AL might loose a lot of players.

Myths set though must not be updated casually like the last season if not this will kill the market and the new Exp will become boring fast.

HOW

When the new expansion get's released it will have to face the problem of NOT:

1) Repeating what happened last season by giving away the best gears with a easy quest to people who already had the best gears.
2) Make the other gears specially the legendary gears become worthless but keep them competative even with the mythic gears, just like the tarloks.

MYTHIC AND ARCANES

New myths and arcanes

the new myths and arcane will be:
-tradeable.
-droppable from lockeds.

Old myths and arcanes

The old myths and arcanes will be updated by a very difficult quest:

After killing a boss from the New Exp maps there is a chance of spawning a specific boss loot a ingredient(the drop is not always assured).
The spawn of this boss will be rare as rare as BaelII KrunchII or Amrazu.

The ingredient
The ingredient looted from this boss will be untradeable.
Collecting five ingredients and going to a specific NPC in the new map will permit Old myths and arcanes possesors to upgrade their gears to the new Exp mythic set.
Any mythic or arcane item updated this way will become untradeable.(only level 36 myths can be upgraded).

RESULT:
- The upgrade of a old M/A gear to new one will be hard to do not like last seasons own, this way anyone that wants to upgrade will spend a lot of time farming the new maps keeping their selves occupied for a very long time.
- The Old M/A won't in anyway disturb the prize of the new ones.

LEGENDARIES

To keep the legendaries at a good prize i suggest to introduce upgradation for legendary gears as well.

To upgrade a legendary gear the quest is basically the same with the M/A gears only that the ingredients will be less rearer to drop compared to the M/A ingredients.

Once a Legendary gear is upgraded the stats get better and it becomes untradeable.

RESULT:

Untradeable legendary gears will tend to keep the legendary market unsaturated hence thier value will remain high and will convince players to go and farm the new maps to get them.

Please share your thoughts and opinions on how you think sts should make upcoming season better than the last

Or help me correct mine.

Wutzgood
01-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Wouldn't just making new mythic and arcane gear give players more to do that just upgrading an old set? They could just allow the upgraded mythic armor to be trade able next expansion and bring out brand new stuff to start saving for. There really is no need to keep upgrading the same set every season. It's just my opinion tho.

Morholt
01-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Legendary items: strong for current season.
Mythic items: equal to a legendary item from next season.
Arcane items: equal to a legendary item from 2 seasons ahead.

That is all. Higher level rare, epic, and legendary items are released each season. Why is it so hard to accept that a new mythic will come out, too? Because it's expensive? Cry me a river, lvl 36 quills and pylons of brutality are super expensive to some people. It's just like buying a brand new car: millions are sold every year, with each buyer knowing there will be a nicer and better one released--even if they spent $130k on it.

Sorcerie
01-10-2014, 04:52 PM
This game doesn't really need arcane armors, the weapons are hard enough to get as it is, and lets be real here, arcane armors would just break the end game.

If anything a new set of mythic armors would be tolerable, but i still don't like the idea of having to pay some 10-15m for a set or basically wait a year till they're affordable. I've head what the mythic armors were valued at when they were first introduced, and i gotta say im not looking forward to seeing new ones if it's anything like it was in the past.

Not to mention what crafting has done to the mythic market overall. mythic weapons have more than doubled from what they used to be. Needless to say, whatever is coming is gonna cost a ton.

Anarchist
01-10-2014, 04:54 PM
It's not a problem if new M/A come out thats exactly what i said it will help the game.

But i also think it's a bad thing to throw into the river the efforts of players that farmed like dogs to get their Myth gears.

For very few players 100 million to buy the upcoming M/A set might be chicken fry but for the other 99% of players its not

Sts must give a slight chance to have the best gear to players that worked this season to get their myth sets and not throw our efforts into the dustbin like that.

Look at the upgrade quest its not about breaking barrels its damn difficult.

Instanthumor
01-10-2014, 04:56 PM
I don' think you will be able to upgrade items of the arcane rarity. This is because none of them, except the hooks, have been outdated. If there are incoming new arcane items, they wouldn't need any upgrades as well.

stackz
01-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Its the name of the game. U can't expect a 1970 camaro to compete with a 1993 camaro nor can expect GM to keep pumping out 1970 camaros in 1993 just because you saved all your pizza delivery money to buy one. Time marches on. Get used to it.

I bet u wished u stayed the same age forever and that inflation didn't occur so your dollar was still able to buy what it did years ago....

falmear
01-10-2014, 07:59 PM
I'd rather see new all new mythics then do this upgrade thing again. If mythics are upgraded, then people hold on to what they have and then do the upgrade. If they release mythics over some period of time people will have to buy new legendary equipment until mythics are released. Upgrades just kill the legendary market because people have no reason to buy them. They just keep using the gear they have and keep doing the quest until their gear is upgraded.

aarrgggggg
01-10-2014, 08:12 PM
My only problem with new myth armor and helm is the fact that i cannot trade or sell my lvl 36 myth armor and helm now........BEFORE NEW ONES ARE RELEASED
That is not fair. Imagine if lvl 31 myth weapons were untradeable when the new mythic weapons came out mass rage quitting would have ensued.

Morholt
01-10-2014, 08:55 PM
My only problem with new myth armor and helm is the fact that i cannot trade or sell my lvl 36 myth armor and helm now........BEFORE NEW ONES ARE RELEASED
That is not fair. Imagine if lvl 31 myth weapons were untradeable when the new mythic weapons came out mass rage quitting would have ensued.This SHOULDN'T be a problem. In fact you are not allowed to make this complaint. Why? Because you knee full well that they become non-tradeable once upgraded--even long before the expansion was out, sts had told us so. You were well informed what happens and what to expect. You knew items would eventually exist that are better.
You knew

And just like how you knew, others knew that. And MANY people this season played without lvl 36 mythic gear because they didn't want to be stuck with it in the future.

It is completely unfair that players had to make the choice to not use overpowered gear because it is untradeable, and then for sts to spit in their face and make it all of a sudden become tradeable--especially at the end of a season.

You knew it was non-tradeable. You made the choice.

Zylx
01-10-2014, 09:09 PM
This seems too complicated. As a legendary-user, mythics dont concern me. In feedback to your upgrading idea, we already have crafting/upgrading implemented as a way of making gear better stat-wise. The upgrading of the mythics really only changed their levels and buffered their stats appropriately to their level and stature. By my understanding of your idea of upgrading legendaries, it seems you want to increase your gear's level and stats. Even if the finalized gear is untrade-able, if you upgrade a lvl 36 legendary to a lvl 37, there will be no point in buying a lvl 37 that someone else looted because you already have a lvl 37 item. The only fix to this would be to make the legendaries dirt-cheap to compete with the work of a new quest and attract the more lazy players.

Rare
01-10-2014, 10:14 PM
Upgrading mythic is both bad for the game AND for sts. Lose lose.

Though, I'm wondering how new mythic would affect the economy with regard to old mythic. Would they become discontinued? Would they still drop? Would there be a level requirement to get new mythics?

aarrgggggg
01-11-2014, 01:09 AM
This SHOULDN'T be a problem. In fact you are not allowed to make this complaint. Why? Because you knee full well that they become non-tradeable once upgraded--even long before the expansion was out, sts had told us so. You were well informed what happens and what to expect. You knew items would eventually exist that are better.
You knew

And just like how you knew, others knew that. And MANY people this season played without lvl 36 mythic gear because they didn't want to be stuck with it in the future.

It is completely unfair that players had to make the choice to not use overpowered gear because it is untradeable, and then for sts to spit in their face and make it all of a sudden become tradeable--especially at the end of a season.

You knew it was non-tradeable. You made the choice.Just like anything else i buy in real life or in game once i buy it it is mine to do whatever i wish
If i wish to sell the myths i should be able too i did pay for them fair and square

So under your theory when i go buy a 2013 volkswagen and the 2014 comes out i AM allowed to buy the new car, but i AM NOT allowed to sell the old car first to help pay for the new car?
That sounds ludacris to me

Anarchist
01-11-2014, 02:03 AM
*For random desclaimers*
i do not have a myth armor and helm nor a myth bow or a myth daggers.
I actually bought them 1 month ago but before upgrading i heard that they might become twink sets so i sold them asap.

i am not saying to upgrade these myth cause its in my interest absolutely no.

What i am saying is to not throw away the effort of dudes that farmed crazy like me to get their sets but unlike me upgraded it thinking that they had finally reach their goals only to wake up the next day finding out they have to start from point 0.

At the other end even though we have to help the players who worked had this season we still have to listen to the others who want their sets to become obsolete it is called democracy.

So thats why i set the upgrade quest to a very high difficulty how many players do you guys know had seen 15 baelII or amra'zu?
Because every ARMOR, HELM and WEAPON YOU ARE UPGRADING WILL COST FIVE INGREDIENT EACH and after upgradingany armor becomes untradeable.

Each ingredient must be looted from a boss that spawns with the rarity of bael II amra'zu ecc that will takes a hell of a time.

I thought you players were tired of doing nothing bla bla bla, wanted to do a difficult quest and thought shuyal was a flop cuz few people farmed it, With a quest like this you will be farming day n night.

As for the legendaries i was thinking of a upgrade from: arch armor of will stats to tarlok potency stats not something overpowered but still lesser than myths and arcanes.

It will keep the legendary market unsaturated cuz most ppl this season just kept rotating their legendary armors to other players when they needed it no more.
This after a while made the architects to became too many saturating the market hence dropped in price.

Anarchist
01-11-2014, 02:30 AM
I don' think you will be able to upgrade items of the arcane rarity. This is because none of them, except the hooks, have been outdated. If there are incoming new arcane items, they wouldn't need any upgrades as well.

You are right i agree.

Morholt
01-11-2014, 02:34 AM
Just like anything else i buy in real life or in game once i buy it it is mine to do whatever i wish
If i wish to sell the myths i should be able too i did pay for them fair and square

So under your theory when i go buy a 2013 volkswagen and the 2014 comes out i AM allowed to buy the new car, but i AM NOT allowed to sell the old car first to help pay for the new car?
That sounds ludacris to meOh, by no means are you unable to trade it after you buy it. However, it turns out that you installed a seat made of extinct animal hides, and now it is illegal to sell the car in its new condition, hehe. :P

Anyway, would you buy that 2013 Volkswagen knowing you'd never be allowed to sell it for whatever reason? Probably not...
Hence why I thought anyone who chose to upgrade their stuff was either crazy or had a huge stack of gold ready to buy the next 41 gears.

Pretty much it is tradeable...but you ruined it. And now you can't. :P
Sts offered you a deal with the Devil. There was a catch to upgrading your item. You already got to trade your armors in for a new set. You got to save around 40 million gold this season just by smashing barrels instead of having to actually get new items. People with upgraded gear should be happy they got this. They're worth like 2 million each now...anyone from last season should have been able to farm back their value and then some. Anyway who upgraded them at what should be obviously close to the end of the season (it's been 5+ months now...talks of an expansion have been around for months) WHILE KNOWING THEY WOULD BECOME UNTRADEABLE, is...well...a little foolish, don't you think?

Again, making them tradeable would be spitting in the face of a lot of people who chose not to play with upgraded mythics because they knew they'd be untradeable, so that they could save the gold for newer gear in the future.

Anyway, if you guys REALLY want an upgrade, it should be: go to Baldur and hand him your item along with 23,000,000 gold. ;)
This is fair. Actually, WAY generous. The next mythic armors are likely going to be rare like the 36 (mythic) weapons. A lot of people will want these. There won't be 3 seasons worth of them in circulation. So expect a very hefty price. And with this upgrade route, at least it's a guarantee and not a chance of opening crates with plat...so this would actually shut up all those threads of wishing for a guaranteed thing after paying a ton.

Everyone is over-reacting about mythic gears anyway. The lvl 36 mythic armors are still going to be very good. The 31 mythic bow and gun are better than the best 36 bows and guns...so the gear will still be quite impressive & good.
Mythic and arcane gear will be rare like sts wanted it originally. PvP isn't supposed to be games full of people running around with full mythic and arcane gear. Seeing a player like that is meant to be a rare occurance, where you type into your guild chat "omg, I just saw this guy, XXXXX, he is so GODLY!"

fritzce
01-11-2014, 06:13 AM
making these new exp myths and arcanes untradeable would be awesome, less merchs, less inflation, good economy. lol :3

or if they decided to make these untradeable to be tradeable, they should pay a plat for that untradeable myth/arcane to be tradeable. win situation for STS since those players who want to sell these untradeable myth/arcane would be forced to buy plat from them OR, make it a 3-5 day (or make it longer! yay!) process to make these myth/arcane tradeable, just like upgrading clean slots. :)

fritzce
01-11-2014, 06:36 AM
this. :)

fritzce
01-11-2014, 06:37 AM
Just like anything else i buy in real life or in game once i buy it it is mine to do whatever i wish

haha, yeah agree with ya buddy :)

Rare
01-11-2014, 07:19 AM

I hope you can see how this does not apply to mythics.

dantus
01-11-2014, 07:49 AM
I'd like to see a new set of mythic weapons and jewelry and rogues should get a new arcane weapon. A new armor set but also add a very difficult quest chain as stated by the op to upgrade. Upgrading again bounds the armor set. When the new set is introduced make the old set unlootable from locked..only their respective elite golden chests. This would satisfy everyone. Demand for new set would be there.
demand for the old elite chests would increase making the older elite content worth farming. And those who spent on a now worthless untradable mythic set wouldn't be upset.

Samhayne
01-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Yup, we are very aware of end game itemization issues. More on this next week!

Desperoto
01-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Just sell ur myths now, b4 theyre worth 300. Then u have less time needed to get the new gear

Ebezaanec
01-11-2014, 08:59 AM
No, no more mythic upgrades.. I don't care how OP they are. This season was so boring with all the swarms of mythic players running around.

I would rather play my heart out to earn gear I will almost never have, then to earn gear so fast I would miss out on smellin' the roses.

Favorite Quote from The Merchant of Venice

"All things that are, are with more spirit chasèd than enjoyed."

Anarchist
01-11-2014, 09:06 AM

We are all very excited to know the new things you guys have for us. :) :)

Kakashis
01-11-2014, 10:41 AM
My opinion regarding mythics is the fact that we can't sell them in order to obtain the new ones coming up. I feel really bad for some friends who just bought and upgraded a mythic set just 2 weeks ago. I have a semi good solution to make everyone happy. How about making the current upgraded mythics just slightly below par with the best legendary as well as having new mythics. At the same time have a pawn shop NPC who buys up and holds your items should you choose to. Make them hold the helm and armor set for maybe 4million. This should allow people who want gold to have it and also the option to buy it back some day. Also people who want to use it to still do so.

Mythic amulets and rings maybe have a similar pawn shop option, but people care less about these items because they weren't part of a story line. Archon rings IMO were better but no one seemed to complain much haha

Prahasit Prahi
01-11-2014, 11:51 AM

After seeing this post i blindly believe that another expansion is coming

baddiva
01-11-2014, 10:32 PM
This thread is very interesting... It's opened my eyes that luxury items is just a bunch of illusion.. they're all can get worthless in no time, thus it's worthless to get it with real money a.k.a platinums.
IMO, if the myth armor set is intended to be non-tradeable forever, they shouldn't have slots to be gemmed up... It is very unpleasant for every player, especially non plat player... They sacrificed a lot time unable to use the armor due upgrading process - for nothing... :) maybe until the new myth is launched, they still haven't got flawlessly upgraded armor they're dreamed about...
Anyway, I believe that STS wouldn't do something unwise in regards of what their user had invested (time or money) and made us to think that playing AL is worthless... :)

Rare
01-11-2014, 10:56 PM
This thread is very interesting... It's opened my eyes that luxury items is just a bunch of illusion.. they're all can get worthless in no time, thus it's worthless to get it with real money a.k.a platinums.
IMO, if the myth armor set is intended to be non-tradeable forever, they shouldn't have slots to be gemmed up... It is very unpleasant for every player, especially non plat player... They sacrificed a lot time unable to use the armor due upgrading process - for nothing... :) maybe until the new myth is launched, they still haven't got flawlessly upgraded armor they're dreamed about...
Anyway, I believe that STS wouldn't do something unwise in regards of what their user had invested (time or money) and made us to think that playing AL is worthless... :)

If they upgrade again playing AL WILL be worthless

fritzce
01-12-2014, 02:12 AM
Just sell ur myths now, b4 theyre worth 300. Then u have less time needed to get the new gear

myths worth 300? lol funny :)

becky_xil
01-12-2014, 03:30 AM
After killing a boss from the New Exp maps there is a chance of spawning a specific boss loot a ingredient(the drop is not always assured).

And the ingredient is tradeable.. that will gv chance to all mythic or non mythic user to farm for it either due upgrading or selling..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Anarchist
01-12-2014, 05:20 AM
And the ingredient is tradeable.. that will gv chance to all mythic or non mythic user to farm for it either due upgrading or selling..

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

No no. Ingredients are untradeable the myths from this quest wont affect market because they are very very had to get.

cloud17h
01-12-2014, 10:50 AM
Upgrade the actual mythic set(last time and now will be tradable), release new mythic set(better set). If you wanna the best buy then buy the new set, if you are poor upgrade

phillyr
01-12-2014, 08:49 PM
Another level cap would make stats too ridiculous, I want to see new maps, gear, and content...not more stats

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Excuses
01-13-2014, 01:17 AM

I will wait for your announcement, sir.
Thank you.

thememeguy
01-13-2014, 01:51 AM
Another level cap would make stats too ridiculous, I want to see new maps, gear, and content...not more stats

Yeah I Agree.

Wutzgood
01-13-2014, 09:02 AM

The increase in stats means you get closer to having a character that has both a pvp and pve build without having to respec. Its not like it takes that long to level up.

phillyr
01-13-2014, 09:10 AM
The increase in stats means you get closer to having a character that has both a pvp and pve build without having to respec. Its not like it takes that long to level up.

IMHO my rogue already dodges 40% and I don't have the best gear out there...u saying it's ok to continue raising the level cap and eventually dodge for 60-70% and tanks run around with 8k health unbuffed? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me, but that's just my opinion

Sorcerie
01-13-2014, 09:19 AM
IMHO my rogue already dodges 40% and I don't have the best gear out there...u saying it's ok to continue raising the level cap and eventually dodge for 60-70% and tanks run around with 8k health unbuffed? Sounds a bit ridiculous to me, but that's just my opinion

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TapatalkThe other day I saw a full mythic rouge at the pier with a whim bros who's dodge was 50%, couple that with razor shield and you get a solid 70% dodge rate. It's already happening dude.

phillyr
01-13-2014, 09:33 AM
The other day I saw a full mythic rouge at the pier with a whim bros who's dodge was 50%, couple that with razor shield and you get a solid 70% dodge rate. It's already happening dude.

Ok...90-100% then thanks for making my point for me ;-)

Anarchist
01-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Ok...90-100% then thanks for making my point for me ;-)

I won't mind at all having 90-100% dodge and maybe 60-70 crit. eheheh, with quills+ribbit i might reach 150crit fufu :-P

phillyr
01-13-2014, 09:48 AM
I won't mind at all having 90-100% dodge and maybe 60-70 crit. eheheh, with quills+ribbit i might reach 150crit fufu :-P

LOL...imma star selling off my mages gears haha

Hiosahaf
01-13-2014, 09:08 PM
No, no more mythic upgrades.. I don't care how OP they are. This season was so boring with all the swarms of mythic players running around.

I would rather play my heart out to earn gear I will almost never have, then to earn gear so fast I would miss out on smellin' the roses.

Favorite Quote from The Merchant of Venice

"All things that are, are with more spirit chasèd than enjoyed."

Okay, +1 to this idea. Now, the flipside issue which someone pointed out below is about the non-plat users. They surely worked hard to earn those mythic gears and probably spent all their money in buying them. Although, there were so many people in abundance with mythic gear (it'd be great is STS released the data of the number of mythics in circulation. will serve as a proof) that I wouldn't hesitate to call the mythic gear as the new legendary for the richer masses.
The thing about them completely shaving off the mythic gear is that that the non-plat users will suffer a lot, right? I think a simple solution is that that the non-plat users could trade-in their mythic to some dragon keeper (or whatever, you get the point) and get an awesome legen set (non-tradeable, I feel. opinions welcome) in return to suit them while they clear the expansion.
At the end, there could be a questline which requires them to defeat the elite boss x times (say 50) to obtain a completely new set of gear (mythic, non-mythic is a choice of the devs. again, non-tradeable) as a reward.
Should a player choose to keep his mythics with himself, he simply ignores the quest.
As for the new legendary items for the expansion, they should be a viable alternative to the current mythic gear and be competitive enough too (the extreme high-end gear that is) .

Morholt
01-13-2014, 10:27 PM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TapatalkI believe it's been tested that dodge has diminishing returns (just as armor does). This means seeing 100% dodge on screen doesn't mean you'd dodge 100% of the time. I know I've tossed on around 75% dodge before and gotten hit for what seemed like A LOT more than 1/4.

Example numbers of how diminishing returns works:
0-50% is 1:1 returns. This means up to 50%, your dodge is as it says om screen.
50-75% is 2:1 returns. To increase your REAL dodge percentage by 1, it'd have to go by 2. So, 52% is actually 51%; 74% is 62%.
75-85% is 5:1 returns. To increase REAL dodge by 1, it has to be raised by 5. Lets say your on screen dodge is 80%: this would be [(50*1)+(25*.5)+(5*.2)], which equals 63.5%.

This is just a soft example of how diminishing returns work, with arbitrary numbers and breakpoints.