PDA

View Full Version : LB for Endgame/Near-Endgame Players Only?

Instanthumor
01-10-2014, 06:34 PM
Just a suggestion out there... Why don't we limit the leaderboards to only players that have reached the current level cap, or maybe one under. i.e. Only Lv. 35-36 players can be seen on leaderboards ATM. This will help prevent kill-farming at low levels, and will make those cheating twinks that did, have to level up to endgame which is a pain. Comments/suggestions/concerns?

Energizeric
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
There is always some kind of exploit. For example, you can kill farm at level 2, then when you get enough kills you can level up to end game.

However, there are the PvE Kills and Top Players leaderboards which are obviously only for end game players. No way to kill farm your way onto those leaderboards. Only thing that annoys me about the Top Players leaderboard is that most of the players cheated to get the wealth achievements by borrowing from friends.

bhutkeyur
01-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Low lvl kill farm and then lvl up- thats people doing it anyway
LB for end game only - agreed

Ebezaanec
01-10-2014, 10:08 PM
There is always some kind of exploit.

However, there are the PvE Kills and Top Players leaderboards which are obviously only for end game players. No way to kill farm your way onto those leaderboards.

Actually, I know many LB players who use auto-keys and bots to simply AFK in Camp Boulder and let their pets do the killing. They would respec to all STR and keep their pet on auto-feed... Then they will disappear for hours...

Sadly, cheaters "spawn" everywhere

Maalice
01-10-2014, 10:33 PM

Finally there

Sheener
01-10-2014, 10:35 PM
It was super easy to kill at the twink levels. It has become more difficult but it is still easy

Energizeric
01-11-2014, 12:55 AM
Can't get that many PvE kills at twink levels before you actually level up. Players who played for a long time actually got more kills at lower levels than a new player could possibly get because we had the big jump at each cap: 16, 21, 26, 31 and now 36. New players only have that at 36.

epicrrr
01-11-2014, 01:35 AM
I remember STS admins saying/commenting "Cant please everybody" remarks.

Energizeric
01-11-2014, 09:54 AM

Finally there

Seems that you bumped me off the list for the first time in a year. :/

I wonder how many of those top 25 cheated on their wealth achievements by borrowing gold.

Soundlesskill
01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
There is always some kind of exploit. For example, you can kill farm at level 2, then when you get enough kills you can level up to end game.

Solution: You must reach the same amount of kills endgame as you did low level, when you do, your kills will start going up again.

However, there are the PvE Kills and Top Players leaderboards which are obviously only for end game players. No way to kill farm your way onto those leaderboards. Only thing that annoys me about the Top Players leaderboard is that most of the players cheated to get the wealth achievements by borrowing from friends.

Midas, Goldfinger and filthy rich are dirty achievements. But I think we all can agree on that.

Desperoto
01-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Actually, I know many LB players who use auto-keys and bots to simply AFK in Camp Boulder and let their pets do the killing. They would respec to all STR and keep their pet on auto-feed... Then they will disappear for hours...

Sadly, cheaters "spawn" everywhere
They don't deserve a lb Place

inkredible
01-11-2014, 10:12 AM
leaderboards
"best of the best" kind of concept..
if u can beat the time / pve/ pvp kills at whatever level its yours to take..
i know theres a lot of kill farming/ganging/ spawning (die hard to get kills) going specially at twink levels but if they restrict it to only lvl 35-36 leaderboards then it defeats the real meaning of leaderboards..
its for everyone who play AL

just think about olympics.. if they resitricted the age to only 18-20 years old .. whats the point of calling it "olympics"
sadly but this is how its gonna be..
maybe in the future theyll have an "all time leaderboarders" and "seasonal" or some of kind of division

Soundlesskill
01-11-2014, 10:17 AM
leaderboards
"best of the best" kind of concept..
if u can beat the time / pve/ pvp kills at whatever level its yours to take..
i know theres a lot of kill farming/ganging/ spawning (die hard to get kills) going specially at twink levels but if they restrict it to only lvl 35-36 leaderboards then it defeats the real meaning of leaderboards..
its for everyone who play AL

just think about olympics.. if they resitricted the age to only 18-20 years old .. whats the point of calling it "olympics"
sadly but this is how its gonna be..
maybe in the future theyll have an "all time leaderboarders" and "seasonal" or some of kind of division

But seasonal leaderboards could be ruined too. On the other side it's a great idea beause more people would be able to compete for the LB, and the self-farmers will have more people to have to catch up with.

Maalice
01-11-2014, 11:22 AM
Seems that you bumped me off the list for the first time in a year. :/

I wonder how many of those top 25 cheated on their wealth achievements by borrowing gold.

Sorry bro.... but every dog has its day... I'm in the field for 6 days so plenty of time for u to knock me back off... anyways I'm sure everyone borrowed that gold to get that ap, but at least I can say I didn't kill farm to get my pvp aps... plus how many flags are gettrn in a true pvp match? Wouldn't "flagging" also be considered flag farming?

Spyce
01-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Some people actually farm diffrents alts at endgame as well. I know a lot of legit twinks.

Kakatoa91
01-11-2014, 01:31 PM
Well, i dont read LB.
I simply dont care. Lol...
Well, the type of play and time i give to this game is not compatible with lb competition.
But i do compliment friends when they reach LB, thats the only time i check lb then.
LB affect only a very very small portions of the players.

Yeah very small portions...

Energizeric
01-11-2014, 02:12 PM
Sorry bro.... but every dog has its day... I'm in the field for 6 days so plenty of time for u to knock me back off... anyways I'm sure everyone borrowed that gold to get that ap, but at least I can say I didn't kill farm to get my pvp aps... plus how many flags are gettrn in a true pvp match? Wouldn't "flagging" also be considered flag farming?

I didn't borrow gold to get the APs, if I did I would still be on the list. I only need 4 achievements: 5k flags, 10k flags, 50m gold, 100m gold. I currently have 23m gold and have been saving since August, and I have about 3100 flags. So I don't know for sure that I will get any more achievements before the season ends. Oh well.... I'm absolutely not going to cheat. If I cheat then the banner they give me will feel worthless and I would be ashamed to even wear it.

Maalice
01-11-2014, 02:43 PM
I didn't borrow gold to get the APs, if I did I would still be on the list. I only need 4 achievements: 5k flags, 10k flags, 50m gold, 100m gold. I currently have 23m gold and have been saving since August, and I have about 3100 flags. So I don't know for sure that I will get any more achievements before the season ends. Oh well.... I'm absolutely not going to cheat. If I cheat then the banner they give me will feel worthless and I would be ashamed to even wear it.

I can commend u on ur not wanting to cheat. That is good to see from one of the pro end gamers. I do hope that those 3100 flags were gotten during real clashes and not just gotten by flagging to 4 then leaving the game and joining another game. That might spoil ur banner for u. Don't wanna see u shamed by anything like that. Tbh I saw ur name at 25 when I was looking at the lb and waiting for it to refresh and I was sad it was u I was knocking off.

Hercules
01-11-2014, 10:22 PM
maalice please complete the sentence no is U, is you O-o

Maalice
01-12-2014, 12:49 AM
maalice please complete the sentence no is U, is you O-o

Lost me there

Instanthumor
01-13-2014, 02:47 PM
Well... So what if those twinks that kill-farmed level up? Isn't that good for us? They stop kill-farming, and is forced to level up to endgame PvP, which'll probably worsen their K/DR.

Anarchist
01-13-2014, 03:04 PM
It just like when you have holes in your jeans pockets, your mama(sts) mends the left pocket and leaves the right pocket thorn.

Your coins are still gonna fall to the ground.

Dunno if you get it... :-P