PDA

View Full Version : Server down...?

Qgz
01-11-2014, 01:01 PM
It has seriously been like this for months and I checked the forums many times, but the new updates are from weeks ago. Any suggestions to fix this?

Contravention
01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Uninstall and restall make sure you clear cache's. :-) you should work

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Xvanitykingx
01-17-2014, 05:19 AM
Maybe the game is being blocked by the Internet provider?
The university's wifi that I use blocks gaming sites but for some reason in the late afternoons, it allows blocked content, however, when I get on PL on my laptop, the same message that u posted comes up so... It might be blocked for u. Idk maybe it could be something else.

~xvanitykingx

Fusionstrike
01-17-2014, 12:42 PM
I think it's blocking by the network as well. You didn't say what device you use to play, but if you can try a different location then you'll have your answer. You could try using PL from a different location, like maybe a friend's wifi or switching off your wifi so it uses the cellular network (if you're on a phone). Or if you use a computer, maybe try from a different one, like try logging in from a friend's machine. PL has not been down at all that I know of in the last month, so there's definitely something else going on.

Note to PL devs: that screen that says "down for maintenance" when a connection to PL server fails is extremely misleading. It's almost always the user's network blocking the connection. You should really consider changing the message to suggest that the user try a different connection, or at least just say "cannot establish connection to server" or something so it's not falsely leading the user to believe the problem will fix itself shortly.

GamerLady
01-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Ok, I can't get this game to load properly. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling it and as soon as I click to open it, it still crashes. PLEASE fix this problem ASAP. Thanks

Fusionstrike
01-17-2014, 04:44 PM
Ok, I can't get this game to load properly. I have tried uninstall and reinstalling it and as soon as I click to open it, it still crashes. PLEASE fix this problem ASAP. Thanks

So are you saying you have a different problem than the OP? He sees "server down for maintenance" screen all the time. If you're actually seeing the game crash completely, then I recommend you start a new thread so the issue will be seen by the dev staff. Also, you'll want to include some info about your device: what kind of phone/tablet/computer, the version of OS, etc. This will help them help you.

GamerLady
01-17-2014, 04:55 PM
So are you saying you have a different problem than the OP? He sees "server down for maintenance" screen all the time. If you're actually seeing the game crash completely, then I recommend you start a new thread so the issue will be seen by the dev staff. Also, you'll want to include some info about your device: what kind of phone/tablet/computer, the version of OS, etc. This will help them help you.

Thanks, just started a new thread... Sorry about that

Itoopeo
01-20-2014, 04:14 PM
Same problem here.

A little different tho. I am creating a wifi with my old Nokia E5. It gives nice stable ping, but it doesnt let me logg in PL. However my home wifi works fine in PL.