PDA

View Full Version : Password Protected Stash??

Jazarick
01-11-2014, 06:45 PM
I think this would be cool to be able to access your stash with a password for your character especially if you have several characters.

Instanthumor
01-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Like a 4-letter/number PIN?

Int
01-11-2014, 07:04 PM
I think this would be cool to be able to access your stash with a password for your character especially if you have several characters.

What would be the point of that? Your the only one that can access ur account so nobody will be able to go in your stash..

Anarchist
01-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I suggested this too sometime ago on my scam patrol guide it works like this....
If a random player want to transfer something to his alt all he has to do is:

1)put the item or gold in the stash
2)log out from main
3)log to is alt account and go to the stash lady
4) enter is main account email and password
5) if they are correct he can enter the stash password(it is a double protection)
6) if everything is correct h can pick his main things from the stash.

Jazarick
01-11-2014, 07:18 PM
It would be for your characters on several different accounts.

Jazarick
01-11-2014, 07:21 PM
Elite Family that would be awesome!

Vystirch
01-11-2014, 07:49 PM
I suggested this too sometime ago on my scam patrol guide it works like this....

2)log out from main
5) if they are correct he can enter the stash password(it is a double protection)

With this STS will never sell character slots. So no sorry don't see it happening.

-Vys

Int
01-11-2014, 07:55 PM
It would be for your characters on several different accounts.

If you want to transfer items between accounts then just use multiple devices, A password protected stash has nothing to do with multiple accounts

Anarchist
01-12-2014, 12:02 AM
If you want to transfer items between accounts then just use multiple devices, A password protected stash has nothing to do with multiple accounts

If you don't have multiple devices how do you transfer?(Not all players have multiple devices and some are forced to ask someone to help them and this brings SCAM)

@Vystirch the character slots are already made to be bought with story tokens and that's is a FREE SYSTEM.

Jazarick
01-12-2014, 12:03 AM
A password protected stash would keep me from using multiple devices.

Vystirch
01-12-2014, 02:01 AM
If you don't have multiple devices how do you transfer?(Not all players have multiple devices and some are forced to ask someone to help them and this brings SCAM)

@Vystirch the character slots are already made to be bought with story tokens and that's is a FREE SYSTEM.

Shen did they change that?

-Vys

Int
01-12-2014, 02:09 AM

That's why it's better off to go with 1 account, why would u have 2 accounts? And a password protected stash will never happen

Anarchist
01-12-2014, 05:14 AM
That's why it's better off to go with 1 account, why would u have 2 accounts? And a password protected stash will never happen

I have 20 accounts :)
...and i know of people that got scammed becuz they needed to pass things to their alt and asked the wrong ppl.

StopDrop'N'Troll
01-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Int, you said what would be the point.

Imagine stash like a bank account, you may someday get your account scammed and they login to steal everything, but wait..

They don't know your pin for your stash, no loot!

Rare
01-12-2014, 06:53 PM

Then you can't. Buy more characters using story tokens as you said.

You think stash passwords won't invite scamming?? I think there will be scamming far and beyond anything we have to deal with now.

Maybe even scamming you don't notice. Imagine someone having another's password. Stealing things once on a while.

On top of that, what will sts have to deal with when people complain of things missing from their stash? It will never happen.

Rare
01-12-2014, 06:54 PM
I have 20 accounts :)
...and i know of people that got scammed becuz they needed to pass things to their alt and asked the wrong ppl.

Uhm that's not a scam

Impact
01-12-2014, 07:09 PM

2)log out from main
Exactly what i had in mind

Energizeric
01-12-2014, 10:11 PM
How about instead a password protected account? Oh yeah, we already have that! NVM...... :highly_amused:

Morholt
01-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Uhhh, I have additional stash spaces on my account...

If I made a second account...does my second account all of a sudden have an expanded stash?

As for character slots can be had with story tokens now:
They still cost you. Just not platinum. A character is 120? That's nearly 1/4 the cost of Colton & Crawly. That's a nice little chunk of gold you pass up. If Crawly is 200k, that's about 50k you spent on a character slot.

Anarchist
01-14-2014, 02:45 AM
Then you can't. Buy more characters using story tokens as you said.

You think stash passwords won't invite scamming?? I think there will be scamming far and beyond anything we have to deal with now.

Maybe even scamming you don't notice. Imagine someone having another's password. Stealing things once on a while.

On top of that, what will sts have to deal with when people complain of things missing from their stash? It will never happen.

1)Before story tokens could buy char slots thousands of alts were created.

You didn't even know story tokens could buy char slots till i told you so i guess you know preety not much about this matter.

2)Why should you give ur stash password to another person? o_O
Its just like giving your account away.
-_-

read carefully the process i posted earlier of using the stash password.

3) If you have stash password your things in there are protected even though your email and passworrd gets stolen.

Saying stash passwords are useless Is just like when you have a strongbox in your house to prevent theives from stealing your money if they break in. But you always leave the strongbox open with your money inside, ABSURD.

Venom
01-14-2014, 02:53 AM
You know what would work?? An inbox and an offline gifting system :) Just send items or gold to a character no matter what map he is in, online or offline.

Anarchist
01-14-2014, 03:01 AM
You know what would work?? An inbox and an offline gifting system :) Just send items or gold to a character no matter what map he is in, online or offline.

indeed it will perfectly work.

Rare
01-14-2014, 08:52 AM
1)Before story tokens could buy char slots thousands of alts were created.

You didn't even know story tokens could buy char slots till i told you so i guess you know preety not much about this matter.

2)Why should you give ur stash password to another person? o_O
Its just like giving your account away.
-_-

read carefully the process i posted earlier of using the stash password.

3) If you have stash password your things in there are protected even though your email and passworrd gets stolen.

Saying stash passwords are useless Is just like when you have a strongbox in your house to prevent theives from stealing your money if they break in. But you always leave the strongbox open with your money inside, ABSURD.

1) I think you have me confused with someone else.

2) yeah it would be about as smart as giving your gear to someone to give back to you. See where I'm going here? Maybe you should think through your posts before posting. As you can see, I responded directly to a post where you said that somehow it would minimize scamming

3) well then, why don't we create separate passwords for every toon also? Or how about separate compartments within the stash each with different passwords?

Anarchist
01-14-2014, 09:29 AM
1) I think you have me confused with someone else.

2) yeah it would be about as smart as giving your gear to someone to give back to you. See where I'm going here? Maybe you should think through your posts before posting. As you can see, I responded directly to a post where you said that somehow it would minimize scamming

3) well then, why don't we create separate passwords for every toon also? Or how about separate compartments within the stash each with different passwords?

1) Indeed i confused you with another person sorry.

2) No, i don't see where you are going.
When you are picking something from your main stash with a alt you have to first enter the email and password of the main and if they are correct you can then enter his stash password.
So giving out a stash password is preety useless unless you also give your email and password now unless you are the type of person that gives out is account info just like that to random people i guess this is a good idea cause it protects your items/gold twice.

I don't think it will somehow minimize scam.
i think IT WILL DEFINATELY MINIMIZE this type of scam or trick ,call it as you wish, where you are forced to ask someone to help you transfer your things to another account and he steals them from you.

3) I prefer to overlook this point.

Oedid
01-14-2014, 06:35 PM
I think a pin protected stash would be fine.

That way incase you are hacked they cant access your stash without the PIN. To change the PIN, a PW confirmation email would have to be sent to your email before a new PIN could be created. The flaw is unless you're one of those people who decides that its a good idea to use the same pw for your email as for your STS account login. (and why pray tell would you take such a risk to begin with, if so, then that's just your own folley) At least this way, after recovering your account, you have SOMETHING left.

This added layer of security would be a benefit overall. +1