PDA

View Full Version : Combat Rebalance not so much Rebalanced?

Zeus
11-23-2010, 02:50 PM
Ok so I did my homework and research and this is what I came up with in pvp who wins, this by the way is through extensive one on one's etc. The list goes from most powerful to least powerful
Paladins (very overpowered due to tanking like a bear and heal, but a good warbird can kill them)
Warbirds (these tank like bear but can nuke like a truck, and you can't outkite them since their range with rift set is almost as long as a mega blasters)
Pure Archers(these babies hurt, but since developers took away dodge, their ONLY defensive buff, once they get close they are dead)
Bears(they are about the same level as birds, both are very closely matched)
Enchantress(These are easily killed due to birds removing shield with blast shot and then killing them).

One thing however, DEVS THIS IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!! I have observed many mmo's and in life too, nothing can truly be balanced, there will always be an imbalance. I just wanted to post my ideas out here, although if I may say one thing... GIVE BIRDS THIER DODGE BACK. I say this because you took away their armor and dodge, and to be honest dodge was the only thing that saved them from being killed, right now they are squishier then enchantresses due to every class being able to dodge and tank better then them.
So, feel free to post your insight and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, no flaming or trolling please. I would like to keep this thread as clean and mature as possible.

Zeus
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
bump????? this is ten characters long so stop bugging me about it

gl0c
11-23-2010, 09:35 PM
as a fellow dexbird, I'd like to see the devs bring back bird's dodge

Zeus
11-23-2010, 09:43 PM
THANK YOU!!!!! Someone finally answered after 40 something views. I would really appreciate some input or constructive criticism into this thread or the wise words of Royce or the dev's. :)

Djinn80
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
Yea this is tough. I like to pvp with my lvl 19 pally. The only char that can take me 1 on 1 is a Str Bird which I can't seem to beat no matter what but I'm going to rebuild my skills a little to see if it helps.

tsschinadawg
12-02-2010, 05:47 PM
update the only overpowered now is pallies or str mage with rift,. everything else are balance like dex bird str bird str bear dex bear int mage they are balance but pallies!!! DO SOMETHING DEVS!!!!

addiekai
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Wow. This thread is alive again :o

Kossi
12-02-2010, 05:52 PM
pallies are easy...

Arterra
12-02-2010, 05:58 PM
mages are weakest? let see you come here when i got my crit buff on...
I generally stay in the back a little since im targeted first, and then rush in debuff freeze BOOM Arterra takes the cake. drain life finishes off those left.

tsschinadawg
12-02-2010, 06:34 PM
bring out all your best lvl 50 chars exept rift str mage ill take them on even str birds ill take them on!! and im not that type of bird that run away on 1on1!! ill take you head on JUST NOT RIFT STR MAGE THEY ARE OVERPOWERED!!!

and if you dont know me!! IGN tsschinadawg DEX VOID BIRD HERE!!!

Zeus
12-02-2010, 09:58 PM
ok, china, me vs u :0 im a void bird now

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:14 PM

Psst, Lone's combo doesnt work on him. My combo does tho O.o

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 10:15 PM
pallies are easy...

I bet my Level45 newbie noobie pallie can beat you flat.

Lesrider
12-02-2010, 10:48 PM
I agree, taking away dodge from dex didnt make any sense. They gave dodge to str, when str already has the highest armor. I don't get it.

TheLaw
12-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Birds used to dodge most attacks from mobs, but now, they die easy.

giayuan
12-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Did you say birds are squishier than mages? hehe
i recently acquired full cosmos, the actual bonus set, decided to try out, i respeced from pally to int mage

With my OL helm, mirage staff and robe in hand, i march in satisfaction to the Victory Lap, with 3 tanks and a bird. At every boss, i find myself using the mana shield for the first time since my pally career. At mini bosses, i can no longer do as i did as a pally and attack the lorekeepers first...i used 50 hp pots, 2 armor pots, and clicked accept revive 5 times -______-
MAGES SUCK DI**

Zeus
12-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Yes I never said enchantress were now beastly macho tanks now, but the point is... the LAST LONGER then birds do in a mob, for a bird, it is a split second and then death now, It feels like a I made enchantress post 1.5

tsschinadawg
12-03-2010, 02:26 AM

haha range what i said ill take them all is an exageration for pallies but then again we can friendly pvp tomorrow if i saw you k hehe,. its a long time i havent 1on1 with a good dex bird,..

tsschinadawg
12-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Psst, Lone's combo doesnt work on him. My combo does tho O.o

who you saying that lones combo has no effect? on range or me??

by the way if its me i refined my combo now and its better than i have before ^_^

icantgetkills
12-03-2010, 02:43 AM
Strength birds more overpowered then paladins easy...

tsschinadawg
12-03-2010, 03:00 AM
Strength birds more overpowered then paladins easy...

everyone knows pallies more overpowered than wae birds,. try using a rift set on your pally so you coulds see the diffrence!!

addiekai
12-03-2010, 04:25 AM
You just rant on everywhere eh...

Try chilling out man...

tsschinadawg
12-03-2010, 11:43 AM
You just rant on everywhere eh...

Try chilling out man...

not everywhere man,. just to threads concerning unbalance chars lol

addiekai
12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Clean up on aisle 7...