PDA

View Full Version : Scammed for the first time:(

Redheadwendy
01-12-2014, 05:43 AM
Hey guys just want to share my story with you all so you don't make the mistake I have made.

I was in CTF with my level 10 rogue, just chatting with some friends and getting kills or getting killed lol. A warrior by the name of --------- says "selling dws level 10 with super gems 3m" so I said "how about 2.5m?"
It took about 5 minute to finally party up with him and make the deal. I spent those 5 minutes asking my friends If I should purchase the weapon... Honestly I don't know the value of the weapon I'm just assuming it's about 3-3.5m.
So anyways, he's already rushing me because his battery is "low"
So we make the trade and I saw that it was level ten dark watch sword with two super gems. When it goes to the confirmation screen, the trade window closes. I assumed he was pressing to fast because of his battery. So we trade again and everything went well until I checked my inventory and realize I have received a lvl 21 dark watch sword with two super gems. I laughed at my self because I couldn't believe I just got scammed @@

Yeah it sucked but it was my mistake for not being as careful as I could've been , I have message support and hopefully they will make appropriate actions on this player... Yeah that's ---------- don't forget :P ( I'm sure this is probably a new account he made for scamming purposes)

Be careful guys scammers are usually one step ahead and probably know the mistakes you're about to make before you even make a move.

Orageunas
01-12-2014, 06:12 AM
Sry for your loose... btw It is againts ToS to tell names in forums.

Limsi
01-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Sigh. I feel bad for you! It's actually a tricky scheme and requires one to be vigilant in order not to fall a victim. Go and pm a moderator and remember not to post names in forums next time! Best wishes and goodluck to you!

Anarchist
01-12-2014, 07:06 AM
This the magic item scam when the scammer replace what you are buying with a similar thing... cancel that person name and try contacting the support group sending an email to:
support@spacetimestudios.com
and hear what they can do for you
sorry dude :( :(

Redheadwendy
01-12-2014, 02:08 PM
Sigh. I feel bad for you! It's actually a tricky scheme and requires one to be vigilant in order not to fall a victim. Go and pm a moderator and remember not to post names in forums next time! Best wishes and goodluck to you!

Oh ok, I will remember not to use names, thanks guys.

keikali
01-12-2014, 02:22 PM
When zero flipping no longer works, they do a typical bait and switch.

Man these people have nothing better to do than scam others.

Spyce
01-12-2014, 03:19 PM
You should have said, "Let's do the trade when you log in again."

Int
01-12-2014, 04:40 PM
Sry for your loose... btw It is againts ToS to tell names in forums.

He didn't mention any names

Redheadwendy
01-12-2014, 06:27 PM
It's very disappointing that these things happen, but it happens all the time. I just hope that everyone will be more careful than I was, and I speak for all players from any game that has ever been cheated or scammed.

Hehe I did but I removed them after I realized this wasn't allowed. Thanks for telling me guys.

Kakashis
01-12-2014, 09:05 PM
Sorry to hear it :(

Saintaugust
01-13-2014, 12:33 AM
Sad to hear About this.

Hadec
01-13-2014, 02:02 AM
ouch man...

xXz21
01-13-2014, 02:20 PM
support can't help u. all Trade's Are only ur responsability.

theys don't take actions in this case. so he are not doing to be banned.

Redheadwendy
01-13-2014, 02:29 PM
support can't help u. all Trade's Are only ur responsability.

theys don't take actions in this case. so he are not doing to be banned.

Maybe, maybe not.. Yes, i know that this my mistake, i guess you didn't read my post thoroughly, but also... Maybe this will show devs that the trading process could use a little improvement. Maybe making more information available next to items listed in trade without clicking on the item would prevent these scams tremendously. The more that everyone knows about these tricks and scams, it will help prevent future trades resulting in scams

Anarchist
01-13-2014, 02:35 PM
Maybe, maybe not.. Yes, i know that this my mistake, i guess you didn't read my post thoroughly, but also... Maybe this will show devs that the trading process could use a little improvement. Maybe making more information available next to items listed in trade without clicking on the item would prevent these scams tremendously. The more that everyone knows about these tricks and scams, it will help prevent future trades resulting in scams

Like showing on screen the level and name of object inserted in trade without having to click on it, just extra measures..

thanya_bluegirls
01-13-2014, 11:18 PM

lol i thought tht too bfore XP

thanya_bluegirls
01-13-2014, 11:19 PM
sorry to hear this bad news,ik how hard to collect money :(

xXz21
01-13-2014, 11:37 PM

i read all ur complete post. and i know the trade windows should be diferent.need a change but sts don't take any responsability in trades. well any video game company do it.

chitgoks
01-14-2014, 04:19 AM
the things these lowlifes do just to cheat ...