PDA

View Full Version : Why do people say if you are pro or not depending on your gear?

Nekza
01-12-2014, 06:47 AM
In this game in particular i don't get it. Obviously there are limits (like you won't be running around BSM with a Chiroptera set), but this game is all about luck.

I'm 75 wearing beastly, does it make me a newb because i didn't have luck on my runs?

I think being pro or not depends on other things like skills, etc, not gear.

skrapicoco
01-12-2014, 07:16 AM
The fact that you are wearing savage it makes you a pro any character using it is a pro so gg

Trenton
01-12-2014, 09:57 AM
It really is skill in the long run, but no one realizes that. I'd rather have a L75 bear using Orlok that KNOWS how to tank and be a bear rather than a savage scatter bear (like most new bears anymore) Beastly really isn't that far apart from savage, but people make looks out to be something special. When people have black dragon and full savage/swift/whatever and a really cool name, most people automatically think- Pro! While that may be, they could still suck in PvE and I'd rather have a "newb" that doesn't look so cool actually know how to play PvE rather than one of them "Pros." Don't worry about it, and if you're getting kicked for it, (which is really dumb) host your own games, and kick the jerks that kicked you. :D

Doodlebeast
01-12-2014, 09:59 AM
^ much meaningful. This.

Nekza
01-12-2014, 04:49 PM
5/5 Trenton

Thanks for the post

Somemager
01-12-2014, 04:58 PM
It really is skill in the long run, but no one realizes that. I'd rather have a L75 bear using Orlok that KNOWS how to tank and be a bear rather than a savage scatter bear (like most new bears anymore) Beastly really isn't that far apart from savage, but people make looks out to be something special. When people have black dragon and full savage/swift/whatever and a really cool name, most people automatically think- Pro! While that may be, they could still suck in PvE and I'd rather have a "newb" that doesn't look so cool actually know how to play PvE rather than one of them "Pros." Don't worry about it, and if you're getting kicked for it, (which is really dumb) host your own games, and kick the jerks that kicked you. :D

* Crowd applauses wildly *

Sheugokin
01-12-2014, 05:15 PM
*Trenton bows*

Jhawkeye
01-12-2014, 05:39 PM
*Trenton bows*

and exits in an "I did that" manner

IGN Storm
01-12-2014, 09:03 PM
When people have black dragon and full savage/swift/whatever and a really cool name, most people automatically think- Pro!

*Cough* Cold *Cough*

TEOKILLO
01-12-2014, 09:10 PM
Don't underrate Cold he's actually the only bird I've seen who consistently can kill decent savage pallies

Schnitzel
01-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Lol i has swift set
and I'm still not a pro :/

NotYoCookiez
01-12-2014, 09:40 PM
trenton for president

Xyzther
01-15-2014, 06:36 PM
I've killed elite red dragon using molten only so good gear isn't really necessary for any pve :)

Extreme
01-15-2014, 06:37 PM
Cuz if u join a game with crystalline gear, dead tho.

TEOKILLO
01-15-2014, 06:58 PM
Naw, my 71 burd wit onyx and plat sang bow rox

Roberto077
01-15-2014, 07:08 PM
*waiting for a comedic LEVEL ONE post to respond to the past few posts*

Burningdex
01-15-2014, 08:04 PM
i completely agree trent today i was in pvp with my guild title showing ( i had no vanities on sompeople would think im noob) they called my guild trash becuz i looked noob so i put my vanities on and thwy changed their mind i really dont get it vanities make no difference in pvp under 60

Reunegade
01-15-2014, 08:06 PM
S) crystalline gear

xcainnblecterx
01-16-2014, 02:11 AM
If it went by gear there would be alot of pros everywhere. i get called a rich nub in pvp so no gear doesnt count as pro

iiirootzz
01-16-2014, 10:17 AM
I've killed elite red dragon using molten only so good gear isn't really necessary for any pve :)

Molten is hax set doe, what has Trenton taught us in the past?

Chopper
01-16-2014, 10:40 AM
sadly, people will judge based on looks first and expensive gear.

On a PvE map, I can always tell within 30 seconds or so whether a player is pro by the way he/she moves around in a map. A Pro player knows how to distance his/her skills and how to use them in the right order to maximize their effect. And as a pro bear, they collect and control mobs efficiently and quickly. Pro Birds can keep out of the reach of enemies and move in to hit them with their short range skills and then move back out again. Those will little skills just have thrashers on and charge into mobs and blast away. They probably got their gear by spending lots of plat and using elixirs and luck to farm.

With all the random friend requests going on, i now only accept those that know what they are doing.

Suentous PO
01-16-2014, 02:09 PM
I've killed elite red dragon using molten AND the chrome glitch that allows potions, so good gear isn't really necessary for any pve :)

Huehuehue