PDA

View Full Version : Why we didn't make a new expansion for Pocket Legends in 2013

Pages : [1] 2

Samhayne
01-12-2014, 12:28 PM
Hey gang,

So, we've been having a bit of discussion about Pocket Legends in this thread: What if they could sell Pocket Legends? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132674-What-if-they-could-sell-Pocket-Legends). The idea is, if Spacetime won't create a new expansion or serious, large scale development of Pocket Legends, could they sell the game and someone else would? The short answer to that question is no. Check out that thread if you're interested.

I wanted to give some background as to why in 2013 we didn't put out an expansion to Pocket Legends.

Preface: We Care
First, I want to preface this that everyone at Spacetime cares a lot about all of our games. This comes top down from our CEO Gary Gattis, who, for those who might not know, is JustG (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/member.php?2-Justg) on these forums. Some good background about his sentiments can be found at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?119363-In-your-opinion-what-would-it-take-to-get-PL-back-to-it-s-glory-days&p=1293272&viewfull=1#post1293272

We built PL, it has our hearts and souls in it. Many of the NPCs are named after our family (my kids are in there too). We love this game as much, if not more than you do. It is, quite literally, our baby.

I care a lot too. Check my forum registration date: Feb 2010. I've been here since the start of Pocket Legends and I care a lot about it and Spacetime too. That's why I'm taking time out of my busy Sunday looking after my 2 and 3 year old kids (my wife works on weekends) to write this.

About Spacetime:
Spacetime is a small company. We're apx 35 people (that's all told, everyone: Customer Support, HR, QA, Design, Art, Tech, Operations, Production). We're not fat cat executives sitting in ivory towers. Far from it. We're middle class dudes and gals trying to follow our zen and make games we love. If you want to learn more about Spacetime's history check out this video done by local TV station KLRU about Spacetime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePaOAey2AA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePaOAey2AA

For perspective, that video was done just a bit before Arcane Legends launched, so the "coming soon" game referenced at the end is AL.

Rewind to Winter 2012
If we roll back to Q4 (Oct,Nov,Dec) of 2012. We put together the "Rediscover Alterra" plan to re-energize Pocket Legends. 2 new classes (Fox and Rhino) and did a big PR push to try and get new users. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79083-Rediscover-Pocket-Legends-Two-New-Classes-New-Content-Winterfest-and-More

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21598&d=1355421183 (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?79083-Rediscover-Pocket-Legends-Two-New-Classes-New-Content-Winterfest-and-More!)

Unfortunately, it didn't work. We saw pretty small pickup from a lot of work. Why? Well, I chalk it up to PL being dated and probably the time of year. People get really excited about new things, you know? Despite how much shine we put on Pocket Legends, it isn't new anymore. Over the past 4 years we've tried a lot to grow Pocket Legends: TV commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmjbEhtFOI4), hardware promotions (remember the Xperia Play (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?29754-Spacetime-Studios-Pocket-Legends-Xperia-PLAY)?), PR outreach, expansions, features and lots more. We have a pretty good sense of what Pocket Legends will do. It is a testament to the game that after all this time it has a vibrant community with thousands of people playing daily still.

Ok, back to winter of 2012. At the same time that we were trying to re-energize Pocket Legends, we launched Arcane Legends. Arcane is the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends. When we considered trying to re-vamp Pocket (new graphics engine, fix balance issues, etc.) you just realize that it's easier to build a whole new game rather than change up an existing game. That's basically what we did (along with everything we learned from Star Legends and Dark Legends).

Arcane Legends was a huge hit and remains our biggest game yet. Over the course of 2013 it made the most sense to feed that beast. We have aggressively developed Arcane to maintain it's momentum. It is a testament to Arcane that it has received critical acclaim (Best Mobile MMO Awards for 2012) and continues (Best Mobile MMO Award for 2013). I know that some Pocket Legends fans might get tired of hearing about Arcane Legends, but it's the truth.

Servicing your Fans
In the earlier thread forum poster Oldcoot wrote:

@sam, thanks for the feedback. I wish we could speak face to face because I have trouble expressing myself in this medium but I'll try. I have owned and operated a small construction business for the last 20 years and it seams your not taking care of your repeat customers for the search of new costumers. Im good at building houses not typing so I'll put it like this, you must have a good foundation or the rest you build on it will crumble.

To that point, we are servicing the majority of our fans, because that majority are playing Arcane (and to a lesser extent our newer Battle Games). On any given day there are 100,000's of players playing Arcane and the Battle Games (compared to thousands playing Pocket).

We do continue to support Pocket Legends. Check out DocDoBig's Timeline: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?99436-PL-s-Timeline Sure, it isn't the expansion some of you want, but we're not doing "nothing."

Running a Business
As I'm sure Oldcoot can attest, running a business is not easy. For anyone who's evaluated a Profit/Loss statement or been involved in the running of an actual business with employees, overhead, facility, insurance, taxes, payroll, etc. I'm sure you can agree. If we don't run Spacetime well, then yeah, we could go the way of many other companies that can't continue making a go of it and fold up shop. That means we need to make some hard decisions.

The cost of a full on 5 level expansion, 5 new zones, 5 new bosses, new minions, all new items, new class skills, etc. Pocket Legends expansion is the same (if not more because we haven't done one in a while) as an Arcane Legends expansion. Now, if you can do something for 100 people (just making up numbers for the sake of discussion) or do something for that costs the same for 10,000 people, which do you think will pay back better? The 10,000 audience option. That, in a nutshell, is why we haven't done an expansion for Pocket Legends (or that sort of expansion for Star Legends or Dark Legends, even though we did expand those two games level caps in 2013).

Why don't you just hire more people?
Another argument I hear is, well just hire more people to make stuff for Pocket (or Star or Dark). This goes back to running a smart business. You have to make the tough choices that keep your business running. You can't play loose and free with other people's livelyhood and drive your business into the red and force you to close up shop. The short answer is that it won't pay back. Again, we know how these games perform. We have run them for years. As free to play games, the vast majority of our players download the game for free to their device, have some fun with it and never spend anything. It's just how they work out. We really appreciate those who value the games enough that do go on to make a purchase and support us.

If we were to hire more people just to make a Pocket Legends expansion and then have the $$ made from that expansion not pay back enough to allow us to keep those people, should we do it? No. Simple enough.

What we can do
2014 is an exciting time. We have the next thing cooking for Arcane and the Battle games. We have a good line up of events for all games coming (if Double XP or the like isn't your thing, ok fine, but for some people it is a lot of fun, so please don't rain on their parade). Yes, we will also continue to develop new games. For those who hate on us making new games - come on, don't you like new games? We know now that making a great new game is the best way for us to "raise the water" of our company. Honestly, if we hadn't made Arcane Legends, Spacetime very likely wouldn't be around (at least in its current incarnation). We want Spacetime to grow. Exciting new games is the way to do that.

For Pocket Legends specifically, JustG wants us to do more so we'll find a way. That won't be a full on expansion, but we can take swings as we have done before: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114961-PL-Balance-after-the-Great-Nerf-of-2013

Thanks
Thanks. Seriously. If you care enough about Pocket Legends to have read all of the above, then I want to hear from you. This ended up a bit longer than what I had in mind. :D If yer a hater that is just gonna hate because I haven't committed to a level cap raise and expansion well /sigh, ok. :sulkiness: But if you have some constructive input about Pocket Legends, then please reply.

Reunegade
01-12-2014, 12:34 PM
Wow. Thanks Sam!

Burstnuke
01-12-2014, 12:36 PM
thanks for the feedback sam.

DivineMoustache
01-12-2014, 12:39 PM
Hi, I do agree that it was a nice idea to put in Rhino and foxes, but the problem to get more new players hooked is not the lack of content anymore, it is the lack of beauty in the game. The reason why so many people stick around in PL is the mechanics are extremely basic and easy to understand, and it is super fast-paced. It's like the Call of Duty of mobile MMO's, game wise. However, the amount of people who will actually stay is very small, reason being because the game doesn't look good enough. I'm pretty sure many people stay in AL because the graphics there look so much better.

If you just updated PL graphic-wise, I'm sure that it would both hook people and make them stay, much faster than AL does, because AL seems to be more complex than PL. I think this is the basic problem that you guys have with us now. You think that making new games might make you more money, and it could, but you also don't know what may happen if you make PL look better. The game is just so basic and addictive once you get started and are able to ignore the mediocre graphical content in the game.

In fact, you did once update the graphics of Pocket Legends (from bubble heads to the more sleek design of characters) and maybe the landscapes in PL. It wasn't a big change, but it was a graphical change nonetheless. Anyway...all this build up was to ask this simple question:

What are the statistics of jump in customer purchases or players online after the "big" graphic update of PL?

XghostzX
01-12-2014, 12:44 PM
Thank you Sam.

ImHawk
01-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks for telling us whats up and checking in with us:)
appreciated, and was a good read

Covert
01-12-2014, 12:47 PM
good read, thanks sam

BroadCastle
01-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks Sam!

I feel we already got more replies and custommer care in 2014 than in all long months of 2013 :D (just joking for sure, but theres something on it, isnt there...?)

I absolutely understand all reasons you mentioned, I also agree with them. So now I only wish you happy time, good luck and hopefully some fun and satisfaction in your further work.

Regards

_________________EDIT_________________

Btw, this post should probably be sticky, however i dont think it will get lost somewhere at the bottom. Anyway, just suggesting.

Samhayne
01-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Hi, I do agree that it was a nice idea to put in Rhino and foxes, but the problem to get more new players hooked is not the lack of content anymore, it is the lack of beauty in the game. The reason why so many people stick around in PL is the mechanics are extremely basic and easy to understand, and it is super fast-paced. It's like the Call of Duty of mobile MMO's, game wise. However, the amount of people who will actually stay is very small, reason being because the game doesn't look good enough. I'm pretty sure many people stay in AL because the graphics there look so much better.

If you just updated PL graphic-wise, I'm sure that it would both hook people and make them stay, much faster than AL does, because AL seems to be more complex than PL. I think this is the basic problem that you guys have with us now. You think that making new games might make you more money, and it could, but you also don't know what may happen if you make PL look better. The game is just so basic and addictive once you get started and are able to ignore the mediocre graphical content in the game.

In fact, you did once update the graphics of Pocket Legends (from bubble heads to the more sleek design of characters) and maybe the landscapes in PL. It wasn't a big change, but it was a graphical change nonetheless. Anyway...all this build up was to ask this simple question:

What are the statistics of jump in customer purchases or players online after the "big" graphic update of PL?

DivineMoustache, I think you missed this part of my post where I said:

Arcane is the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends. When we considered trying to re-vamp Pocket (new graphics engine, fix balance issues, etc.) you just realize that it's easier to build a whole new game rather than change up an existing game. That's basically what we did (along with everything we learned from Star Legends and Dark Legends).

As for your question, not a statistically significant change.

DivineMoustache
01-12-2014, 12:53 PM
No Sam, I saw that part, that's what I was saying. Perhaps it could make more money if you revamped PL instead of making another game.
And for the answer to my question, that's all I needed. It wasn't a big graphical change but if it barely affected it as you said, then I guess there's nothing else to do about the game except update it for the niche players. Thanks Sam.

EDIT: could we just have the raw numbers anyway?

Samhayne
01-12-2014, 01:03 PM
...could we just have the raw numbers anyway?

I'm not at liberty to give out confidential company information and really, you shouldn't expect it. Except for public companies divulging information they are required to do because they are publicly held, most companies big or small, don't give out that kind of information.

DivineMoustache
01-12-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm not at liberty to give out confidential company information and really, you shouldn't expect it. Except for public companies divulging information they are required to do because they are publicly held, most companies big or small, don't give out that kind of information.

It really seems that nothing can get done though without both customer and company information in this kind of situation where the customer is not really happy with anything you all are doing.

EDIT: I'm not saying it's good that we are unhappy with everything you do, it's just that maybe some set of numbers could help give context to both the company's and our frustrations.

EDIT : not good with words...um by "context" I mean like it could further justify your reasoning and help us see your logical reasoning instead of just being frustrated.

TEOKILLO
01-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Imo the problem is that even with new classes, new level caps, new gear, the new campaigns stopped being exciting and fun to drill if you weren't farming just the bosses.

Everyone does Mega Maze now because the new areas give a low and slow amount of xp, there isnt a Mount Fang's Crypt, or a balefort sewers bandit boy hideout, or a AO3 crush the keeper. Levels like these simply don't exist anymore..

If maybe at least one of the maps in BSM was like this, then maybe more non-paying customers would join or stay with the game. True, maybe the amount of plat bought might be a lil lower because people wouldnt be spending on the 5 plat xp anywhere elix, but considering you still need 10k+ xp a level from 72, it would be very tempting to buy anyway.

If anything, just remake one of the 5 main BSM levels to be fun and faster for grinding xp

fourleaf
01-12-2014, 01:15 PM
If you had taken the time and resources to revamp PL into much of how AL is, don't you think it would have brought new customers into PL added to the old community? So you could make the new content for even more people?

Not trying to say you were wrong and there's obviously no way to go back and change.
Just a legitimate thought in my mind.

My guess is you didn't know how huge of a hit AL would be after PL remained on top after your two other games.

Spyce
01-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Thanks Sam!

Multibird
01-12-2014, 01:39 PM
What about BSM II? Part two, like teo said, just add 5 more reusable levels with new drops. That can give us 81 level cap. These drops don't have to be different, they can have better stats from previous cap, and the designs doesn't has to be different. You can also add more and longer quests with maybe new ctf maps 10 vs 10? With this new cap, maybe pvp balance could also be fixed.

Samhayne
01-12-2014, 01:59 PM
What about BSM II? Part two, like teo said, just add 5 more reusable levels with new drops. That can give us 81 level cap. These drops don't have to be different, they can have better stats from previous cap, and the designs doesn't has to be different. You can also add more and longer quests with maybe new ctf maps 10 vs 10? With this new cap, maybe pvp balance could also be fixed.

I have to refer you back to the "why don't you hire more people" portion of my original post. We already have the team (again, we're a small shop with only so many people to do stuff) tied up working on stuff that will get us the biggest bang for our buck. Recycling an existing set of zones and content is a good idea, but it won't just happen. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but that's why we haven't done it up to this point.

Ks_Leon
01-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks Sam.Love from me to Dev and Stg staff.:)

Crashy
01-12-2014, 02:05 PM

I have to refer you back to the "why don't you hire more people" portion of my original post. We already have the team (again, we're a small shop with only so many people to do stuff) tied up working on stuff that will get us the biggest bang for our buck. Recycling an existing set of zones and content is a good idea, but it won't just happen. I'm not saying it won't ever happen, but that's why we haven't done it up to this point.

Maybe spend time to balance pvp/ctf by fixing the sets etc.
Take a look at imxoriginal'a thread on pvp balance.
Got some great stuff there^

And then create the 10.10 map and a simple quest to get te 2 pc ten 3 pc ring

Kiwihawk
01-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Well, That just blew my mind..... Thanks Sam!

Kiwihawk
01-12-2014, 02:14 PM

Maybe spend time to balance pvp/ctf by fixing the sets etc.
Take a look at imxoriginal'a thread on pvp balance.
Got some great stuff there^

And then create the 10.10 map and a simple quest to get te 2 pc ten 3 pc ring
10:10 Jeez Imagne The Lag Though

ReligionIsABarrier
01-12-2014, 02:17 PM
Thanks

Extreme
01-12-2014, 02:28 PM
Very Appreciated, Sam.

Suentous PO
01-12-2014, 02:31 PM
Ty Sam & all STG. As I said elsewhere it means a lot that you and G are engaging us even though some people are just plain being crass. I was more critical when I understood less from your perspective, and you guys seemed more distant.
You guys are part of the community we love, and it's nice to have you lurking around our side of the forums more like it was in the past. I think some are too young to appreciate that you are taking time away on a weekend with kids and taking one on the chin here and there, just to respond.

100,000 balanced against 1,000 is pretty clear.

Jcyee
01-12-2014, 02:32 PM
As much as I too have wanted an expansion, I have always understood the decisions and choices that STG has made as a company. I hope everyone can now understand the situation that Spacetime is in and can understand why they do what they do.

Thank you, Sam.

Oldcoot
01-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks Sam for doing this on your day off its helpful insight on why things are the way they are. I'll speak my own opinion but I think a lot of the community will agree with me. I got accustomed to having a level cap raise every few months and when that stopped I felt abandoned or that the end was near. In my mind the truly elite players were the ones that ground out that extra 100k xp before the next update came. A lot of players are wanting a new cap for the ring bonus or the unfinished story line. Pvp balances should be a priority because it seams to be a large portion of the complaints I read about.
This is where I'm not sure if the community agrees with me or not but 2014 could be a time for a change in direction for pl from level caps to quest achievements. One long quest for the next ring, cool weapon or vanity. That way you don't half to make 5 maps and bosses.(ichor style) I see I have been ninjaed by a few above me so I'll stop for now. Thanks for reading my rambling thoughts.

Hook
01-12-2014, 03:08 PM
Hey Sam, thank you for your insight and explanation, im sure it ought to calm some people down in here :)

Personally, I'd just like to ask one thing. Why wasn't Arcane Legends designed with a built-in rotation option?

Believe it or not, its amongst one of the top three reasons why some pocket legends players did not like Arcane.

I tried it upon its release, and when I found out you couldn't rotate, I instantly put it down.
I know thats probably insignificant to all the Arcane players now, hence its been a year, but im just speaking for myself and a good amount of the PL community.

I agree with you that AL is PL's reincarnation, and it is it's offspring, so my own small advice would be , when STS starts designing its next bigger and better mobile MMORPG, please include the rotation mechanism. It makes it that much better.

LEVEL ONE
01-12-2014, 03:23 PM
I cant get rid of the feeling that PL is just a cash-cow now. I see a ton of people running around with 1000 plat worth of vanities and I keep hearing how some (not a few, though) drop hundreds and thousands of dollars into PL - still - even after a year of recycled events and vanities. How much man-hours did you invest in PL this year, seriously (apart from the support)... The only real new items (vanities) we got are the wreaths and the holiday helper outfit. The smart business men as you are, obviously noticed that even if all you do for PL is release the same events, you still get a nice, regular, little cash inflow without any content input. No? Well, Im asking, because I dont want to make false accusations. So, all this money goes into AL, other battle games, and also the new game(s) you are developing. There is nothing wrong with that, of course. Thats how you make the business grow. So, its obvious that AL is getting more frequent updates. But, do we really "invest" so little in PL that we dont deserve to get a new cap (or some other kind of expansion) after 2 years?

Some players feel unappreciated in this game, even after several, loyal years. There are some great MMORPGs coming in 2014 and lots of people I talked to, are considering to migrate. Thats not a threat lol, just thought Id let you know.

Anyway, if making new games and abandoning the old ones is what you do, then I hope, that people will soon realize that no STS game is there for the long run. Well, your business model seems to be good so far, so good luck in the future.

Bilaxman
01-12-2014, 03:34 PM
Perhaps you could consider adding some sort of optional subscription to all of the games (not just PL) as well? If I remember correctly, there was talk about possibly adding them from a survey a while back. I'm not sure what the specifics of that would be but perhaps there could be some perks (i.e.: /guildhall command; says it requires a subscription in game).

Cheenivie
01-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I have to agree with what Level One said, when you guys make a new game it might be a bigger hit then AL will you just give up on AL? Because that is what us PL players feel.
I understand that this is a buisness and that you need new "better" and "bigger" stuff to succeed and that if you didn't follow the path you have taken STG wouldn't exist and all but it seems to me that you just gave up on us and we are just a "cash-cow".
Not long ago I was talking to Parth and he was pretty much laughing at everyone who still invests money into PL because all of it goes to AL. Personally I don't mind that some of it goes into AL but it seems like all of it is which is what bothers me.

I don't mind if we don't get a new cap but PvP needs a lot of work IMO and if I were investing money into this game, that is where I would like to see my money go. But I know not everyone PvP's so I thought that maybe you could make a new map similar to when shadow caves was released because now PL is kinda getting boring for me who is a PvPer, so I can't imagine how PvEer's feel.

But I'd like to thank you for taking your time to make this thread to inform us and to give us a few answers.

VVake
01-12-2014, 03:49 PM
I cant get rid of the feeling that PL is just a cash-cow now. I see a ton of people running around with 1000 plat worth of vanities and I keep hearing how some (not a few, though) drop hundreds and thousands of dollars into PL - still - even after a year of recycled events and vanities. How much man-hours did you invest in PL this year, seriously (apart from the support)... The only real new items (vanities) we got are the wreaths and the holiday helper outfit. The smart business men as you are, obviously noticed that even if all you do for PL is release the same events, you still get a nice, regular, little cash inflow without any content input. No? Well, Im asking, because I dont want to make false accusations. So, all this money goes into AL, other battle games, and also the new game(s) you are developing. There is nothing wrong with that, of course. Thats how you make the business grow. So, its obvious that AL is getting more frequent updates. But, do we really "invest" so little in PL that we dont deserve to get a new cap (or some other kind of expansion) after 2 years?

Some players feel unappreciated in this game, even after several, loyal years. There are some great MMORPGs coming in 2014 and lots of people I talked to, are considering to migrate. Thats not a threat lol, just thought Id let you know.

Anyway, if making new games and abandoning the old ones is what you do, then I hope, that people will soon realize that no STS game is there for the long run. Well, your business model seems to be good so far, so good luck in the future.
Agreed

Shonex
01-12-2014, 03:52 PM
Thank you Sam, I read your post. I will continue to play PL cap or no cap. I just love the game.
Say hello to the Dev team, because they did a mighty fine job with this game.

Sincerely, Shone.

Xyzther
01-12-2014, 03:57 PM
Thank you Sam, I just wish I was as optimistic as everyone else...

Suentous PO
01-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Why wasn't Arcane Legends designed with a built-in rotation option? .

To paraphrase him from another thread; it's faster, easier, and takes less bandwidth to have one side.
Like making one painting compared to making a animated cartoon.

I agree with you rotation makes for more engaging game play, and is one of the reasons I don't enjoy al.

Itoopeo
01-12-2014, 04:15 PM
What about making 5 guys work with PL, 2 guys with SL and 2 guys with DL and rest 25 with customer service and AL? Like seperate people to do different things. Not just consentrate to AL only?

I heard SL latest cap was made by one guy. He just planted some trees to green and brown ground and added some random mobs around. Thats great! I actually liked it :D. He just forgot to make new kind of armors to game.

-New kind of map
-New bosses
-"fast xp map for capping"
-Droppable pinks and vanities
-New guests

Only new kind of wearable items were missing. Expansion would have been perfect with those.
I have a 3D modelling program on my pc. It really doesnt take long to create a map from roughly cutted flat pieces and stick previously made trees to it plus add some grass kind of graphic to green parts. And i think i made a pretty awesome map myself.

I made that map in like 5 or 6 hours and its about same size than Blacksmoke mountain third map. Without mobs of course.
So why dont you give a job for one guy: Make a cool expansion to PL. Make it look how you like. I bet he would try to create the coolest map ever to PL.
Most important part is the new sets and wearable items. All you need is basically a good imagination.

angeldawn
01-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Thanks so much Sam for reiterating everything that has already been said. Sometimes it just needs to be known that you guys are still there or some ppl may just need to hear it a few times before it sinks in.

As someone mentioned, I would also be happy paying for a subscription. Many games implemented an optional subscription. (VIP members) This subscriptions usually reward the customer with benefits and that others don't get or have to pay with plat to get. They also give the equivalent of plat. So say $20 a month for $500 plat? (Just throwing numbers out there) Maybe cap inventory, stash and auction slots and premium toons for all toons on sub accounts. Discounted elixirs. Free faces with unlimited changes. Just random ideas ;p Having subscriptions will allow for constant and reliable income.

As for those who think PL is a 'cash cow' I hope you realize there are still expenses associated with keeping the game running. You realize there are probably server and bandwidth fees they have to pay monthly just to keep the game live? Website and forums expenses? Additionally, every time customer service, Sam or JustG replies to us it is also an expense associated with PL. Even without a big expansion PL is causing STS expenses.

When discussing how to improve PL we need to think logically and from a financial mind set. Example: what would be a new baby step towards fixing end game pvp unbalance? Nerfing damage on Savage set or reducing the Hit of all classes? The cheapest and probably most efficient would be to nerf set, because nerfing hit then means changing code for all classes and nerfing debuffs for all classes. (With lower hit then debuffs would be too high)

Plaguemaw
01-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Thanks Sam, just keep trucking. We'll be here ready and waiting.

Sent from my GT-P3113

Impact
01-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I fully support what you say Sam, running a mmo business isn't easy, so you can take you time and work out everything, my only suggestion is no more battle games, there are just too many of them with he majority play coc. Suggestion about new 1 legends game or any stg game every 3-5 years to make the other legends games feel cared about

Samhayne
01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
Regarding Subscriptions, we don't currently have a billing system that supports them in place (so it's a pretty big tech investment to set them up) and well, the marketplace has shown that subscriptions aren't very interesting. Notice any other MMOs going free to play? ;-)

Finnman, I'll just say rock on with your 3D skills. No seriously, get some chops and land a good job :) Regarding your thoughts about manpower, I'll just say, "if only it was that easy" and just leave it at that. Love ya, mean it.

Jhawkeye
01-12-2014, 05:24 PM
You can never make everyone happy. The fact that you guys are trying to me is a testament in itself as to how much you care about us. I have played games where I didn't know a dev/mod name, never seen them or anything. Here you guys are very active in forums and paying attention to us, answering our questions, etc. Here's my concern however, from what I'm seeing only minimal things in Pocket Legends will be done to improve gameplay, and double xp etc. There really is no incentive in this to keep old players around. What I'm seeing is that you guys are trying to make the best profit possible as you should. You are a company. Well from playing AL, to me Pocket Legends is better gameplay, but AL has a bigger emphasis on buying plat to get ahead (opening crates). My only question is have you guys tried implementing anything in PL that could draw players in and at the same time increase a desire to buy plat? Because I do buy plat in PL but not as much as I probably would in AL because I can't 1.trade any of the things I buy 2.use them for anything but elixirs 3.the gold-plat exchange is horrible imo.
I believe that maybe one more expansion to PL or at least added content would be great IF there was more incentive to buy plat placed on the expansion. I don't think that it should be completely plat based but if we're talking about money, make it so that it has a fighting chance to remain a game that old timers will enjoy playing because that's where most of the money is coming from.

Extreme
01-12-2014, 05:29 PM
Samhayne for President!

Elitephonix
01-12-2014, 05:31 PM
I believe that pvp is what keeps people into games, farming and new caps are all good, but make a pvp loot system. Or a reward system. Read efm thread on what you guys should consider adding. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132479-Wao-BES-idea-liek-eva

Stevenmc
01-12-2014, 05:36 PM
If there is indeed no new cap for pocket legends in the near future, then open up the old caps so to speak. New caps give the players a chance to get their elite rings.. ect. If I were somehow able to get 3PC rings on all of my toons, or maybe the egg from blacksmoke, no matter how hard it was or how long it would take I would go for it. Make some super hard quests. Kill the elite dragon 1,000 times for the egg, or maybe kill that hardest boss from any of the old caps 5,000 times to get that capping vanity. If there isn't a new cap, bring some of the things that go with a new cap into what we have now! Make anyone be able to get good gear, through time and effort, not just the people who have been around the longest. I'm saying this as as a founder too, not many people have been around as long as I have, as the other founders have too. This may help with pvp too, a 3PC int mage can take a 3 piece bear, it gives the advantages needed to stay alive long enough. Make every player have the chance to have true pro gear and it would take away the people saying they are bored. If it does take a long time to make completely new levels, re use old ones. Make an elite gold fever, same map, same boss, just only for 76's, and buff the crap out of him. Make him harder than slayer. And when killed 5,000 times, you get the COP.

Elitephonix
01-12-2014, 05:37 PM
^^^

Ijooo
01-12-2014, 05:42 PM
Thanks sam.

But i was hoping for you to implement elite rings for newbies this year.

Sheugokin
01-12-2014, 05:53 PM
I really appreciate the fact that you actually still care. This thread will give me renewed strength to continue to play Pocket Legends.Thanks Sam!

I also agree with the notion to assign staff members in StS to specific games to improve/ create new things.

Thanks Sam, was a good read!

Multibird
01-12-2014, 05:54 PM
If there is indeed no new cap for pocket legends in the near future, then open up the old caps so to speak. New caps give the players a chance to get their elite rings.. ect. If I were somehow able to get 3PC rings on all of my toons, or maybe the egg from blacksmoke, no matter how hard it was or how long it would take I would go for it. Make some super hard quests. Kill the elite dragon 1,000 times for the egg, or maybe kill that hardest boss from any of the old caps 5,000 times to get that capping vanity. If there isn't a new cap, bring some of the things that go with a new cap into what we have now! Make anyone be able to get good gear, through time and effort, not just the people who have been around the longest. I'm saying this as as a founder too, not many people have been around as long as I have, as the other founders have too. This may help with pvp too, a 3PC int mage can take a 3 piece bear, it gives the advantages needed to stay alive long enough. Make every player have the chance to have true pro gear and it would take away the people saying they are bored. If it does take a long time to make completely new levels, re use old ones. Make an elite gold fever, same map, same boss, just only for 76's, and buff the crap out of him. Make him harder than slayer. And when killed 5,000 times, you get the COP. love your idea

Schnitzel
01-12-2014, 06:05 PM
Hi Sam,

I know that hiring more people = need to pay them
there are a lot of creative artists on the forums, some probably eager to submit some art for new content, and many probably willing to do that for free.

on another note,
I remember when you posted a thread about what we, the community, wanted to see over the winter fest time, and some of the suggestions people made, you guys either put that into the DOTD or for purchase in the plat store. And if anyone re-looked into that thread, they would find how many people were happy because of the stuff (though not new, but recolored), if was nice to get some "new" items,

Even if we aren't getting a new cap anytime soon, I'm guessing a lot of people (minus me) want a new cap.
Could you guys (and gals) at STS make another thread about what we want to see in DOTD or plat store? then decide whether you guys can add that into the game or not?
The "win-win" for everyone: The community gets some content in the game, and STS gets to make money.

this is just my thoughts. (if you guys found that stuff to offend you, I didn't intend to do that.)

Argyros
01-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Thanks for posting this Sam. Many people in game have had questions similar to the ones you sent over in your post. I officially have a a thread I can direct these people to. Thanks again!

:-(
01-12-2014, 06:18 PM
I appreciate the view from a different perspective thanks!

AvidLegend
01-12-2014, 06:20 PM
Dear Samhayne,
This post is going to be an accumulation of my ideas for Pocket Legends future and responses to your very much appreciated thread post.

About Spacetime:
Spacetime is a small company. We're apx 35 people (that's all told, everyone: Customer Support, HR, QA, Design, Art, Tech, Operations, Production). We're not fat cat executives sitting in ivory towers. Far from it. We're middle class dudes and gals trying to follow our zen and make games we love. If you want to learn more about Spacetime's history check out this video done by local TV station KLRU about Spacetime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePaOAey2AA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vePaOAey2AA

For perspective, that video was done just a bit before Arcane Legends launched, so the "coming soon" game referenced at the end is AL.

First off it is good to finally get a better picture of what you and your staff are dealing with. 35 people isnt a lot of people on staff to manage your many games. In our mind spacetime games has much more than 35 developers on staff and are just busy with other games. This gives a better idea of how spread thin you are. However, this still only proves that either your company is making bad choices if its not able to fully staff all of its games. Your revolutionary game providing a flawlessly worldwide synced MMO platform with in game purchase must have made you a lot of money during its booming years and the money wasn't spent properly. Have you thought of making your studio public, selling stocks of spacetime games. I looked and was unable to find any fiscal reports on your company to really gauge the accuracy of my accusations, but your response to this specific response will interest me. Do you have a financial sustainability representative in your company? Might need to hire one. I actually know someone with those exact qualifications looking for a job as well btw message me for contact information if interested.

Back to winter of 2012. At the same time that we were trying to re-energize Pocket Legends, we launched Arcane Legends. Arcane is the spiritual successor to Pocket Legends. When we considered trying to re-vamp Pocket (new graphics engine, fix balance issues, etc.) you just realize that it's easier to build a whole new game rather than change up an existing game. That's basically what we did (along with everything we learned from Star Legends and Dark Legends).

Okay this is the sensitive issue. Many of your dedicated fans view this as your biggest mistake. You had three successful games that were created on platforms that couldn't produce the type of game Arcane Legends would become. Many players do enjoy Arcane Legends, but what if you would have simply focused on your already existing, and successful games and brought them to the new game engines offered by the newer mobile operating systems? You would still have all the dedicated players you have playing Pocket Legends daily still, all the players that abandoned Pocket Legends to play the new Arcane Legends would still be dedicated to Pocket Legends, and all the players that tried to stay loyal to Spacetime Games but have left over the past undeveloped year would still be here. You would have one-three super games instead of 5+ mediocre games praying for the success of one to keep the other online. You have discussed how you believe that bringing Pocket Legends up to the new platform would take so much work you mine as well make a new game, but you don't realize that you have created a reputation of little customer loyalty at this point. Even Arcane Legends players have the feeling that one of your new games will be a success and you will eventually abandon them as well. This isn't the kind of reputation a successful game developing company should have, but ultimately all choices are up to you the developement team not us the players. We won't always get what we want and we know that. But imagine this...

My solution: (Not 100% sure if this will work)
I went to school for and currently hold a degree in computer systems engineering and have dabbled in graphics design and game design during my studies. Your platform might limit you and prevent this from being a possibility but if you can I believe you will be very lucrative if you can successfully pull it off.

Yes, revamping all of Pocket Legends will be a huge endeavor. However, if you continue to spread your 35 members over more and more new games you will not survive as a company. Your thought process is correct that the release of a new game comes with a lot of hype and a lot of new players that pay the bills. However, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you already cant support all your games and you continue to focus on making more.

Solution: Completely upgrade Pocket Legends. This will be a very difficult and lengthy process but overall will pay off and here is why. If you upgrade the graphics, and bring back support you can release Pocket Legends on the app store again as lets say Pocket Legends 2.0 (name doesn't matter just saying). The hype from the release will give you the new player demand you desire, your already loyal players will of course be brought over, and your fans that abandoned Pocket Legends for Arcane Legends may very well come back and create the new money bags game you desire. With my game design background (though limited and not done professionally) this is possible. You can bring all maps, expansions, items, characters, achievements, quests, etc over to the new platform and reuse a ton of your old coding to make it easier on yourself. The point wouldn't be to make a new game but upgrade your old one. You can't deviate from the currently style of game play Pocket Legends offers because you will lose your dedicated members. By this I specifically mean making it Platinum Dependant like Arcane Legends. Basically a graphic overhaul and possibly an expansion soon after. Considering Pocket Legends is only at 76 cap right now as well there is still plenty of room for future expansions to make this effort worth it over the long run. Examples of this method working for another company would be Jagex's major success after releasing their first platform of runescape classic and upgrading to runescape and then again revamping to runescape combat evolve and now yet again they are releasing runescape 3. This is an example of a company staying dedicated to their player community and focussing on their single game keeping it competitive with other games by continually updating its graphics options. Learn from their success and your own successes and failures and please come back to glory.

I personally over my 3 years of playing this game have spent $1000 and a ridiculous amount of time leveling, questing, helping the community both in game and on the forums, and my greatest fear is that eventually this game will be dropped all together. And considering you felt it was necessary to post this thread many other players within this community feel exactly the same way. That should be your sign right there.

Please let me know what you think. Also do you take volunteer game developers? I have several hours I can dedicate a week.

Sincerely AvidLegend

AvidLegend
01-12-2014, 06:27 PM
I believe that pvp is what keeps people into games, farming and new caps are all good, but make a pvp loot system. Or a reward system. Read efm thread on what you guys should consider adding. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132479-Wao-BES-idea-liek-eva

good idea btw

Ubernewber
01-12-2014, 06:44 PM
I still think it is a good idea to make at least 1 expansion a year :/. Even though it doesn't bring in a huge crowd you still have a decent player base that should be attended to with loads of people in Townes, and pvping, and slaughtering some monsters and just chatting with other people. I'm not saying you guys are doing a bad job, it's the completely opposite, to accomplish what you guys have with only a 35 member staff and have your games voted for great things such as best mobile MMO of the year on several occasions on more then one game is outstanding. But it is a good idea to keep your player base asking what's next instead of is this game going to close down or be sold to another gaming company on its way out. Anyways thanks for the info sam I greatly appreciate it

Imcarla
01-12-2014, 06:49 PM
This is the kind of answer people have been waiting for a while.
Thank you Sam.

Jhawkeye
01-12-2014, 06:59 PM
If there is indeed no new cap for pocket legends in the near future, then open up the old caps so to speak. New caps give the players a chance to get their elite rings.. ect. If I were somehow able to get 3PC rings on all of my toons, or maybe the egg from blacksmoke, no matter how hard it was or how long it would take I would go for it. Make some super hard quests. Kill the elite dragon 1,000 times for the egg, or maybe kill that hardest boss from any of the old caps 5,000 times to get that capping vanity. If there isn't a new cap, bring some of the things that go with a new cap into what we have now! Make anyone be able to get good gear, through time and effort, not just the people who have been around the longest. I'm saying this as as a founder too, not many people have been around as long as I have, as the other founders have too. This may help with pvp too, a 3PC int mage can take a 3 piece bear, it gives the advantages needed to stay alive long enough. Make every player have the chance to have true pro gear and it would take away the people saying they are bored. If it does take a long time to make completely new levels, re use old ones. Make an elite gold fever, same map, same boss, just only for 76's, and buff the crap out of him. Make him harder than slayer. And when killed 5,000 times, you get the COP.

Great Idea +1
We should have the option when leveling up to take the 100k exp cap way or continue past cap (regular amount of xp)
But you shouldn't be able go on a lvl 76 character and try to get the lvl 55 cap I believe

Everyone'sFavMage
01-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Honestly Sam, we appreciate just the fact that you responded. So thanks for that.
On another note, I understand putting man power into your biggest money maker. I think what most of the player base in pocket legends would like to see, is something new. Anything. We honestly don't need a new cap. We need something to spice it up. A new pvp map shouldn't be too hard to make. Really. It shouldn't. And it would satisfy so many players. At least bring it up to the group. Just the idea of putting a couple guys to work for 1-2 days. And make a new map/mode of pvp. Or add a couple quests. Something to keep us entertained while you put work into arcane. Otherwise, I fear people will start dropping off from pl, and eventually I fear the game I've loved for almost 4 years will have to shut its servers down for good.

Oldcoot
01-12-2014, 07:12 PM
So many great ideas, I can see pl making stg more money if the effort is put into it

fourleaf
01-12-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't think they should rerelease any old elite vanities, have no problem, however, adding new elite vanities within this cap.

Crashy
01-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Honestly Sam, we appreciate just the fact that you responded. So thanks for that.
On another note, I understand putting man power into your biggest money maker. I think what most of the player base in pocket legends would like to see, is something new. Anything. We honestly don't need a new cap. We need something to spice it up. A new pvp map shouldn't be too hard to make. Really. It shouldn't. And it would satisfy so many players. At least bring it up to the group. Just the idea of putting a couple guys to work for 1-2 days. And make a new map/mode of pvp. Or add a couple quests. Something to keep us entertained while you put work into arcane. Otherwise, I fear people will start dropping off from pl, and eventually I fear the game I've loved for almost 4 years will have to shut its servers down for good.

^mmmhmmmm
And maybe a little quest for player to gt the 2/3 pc rings for pvp:)
But I mean just give us something like a balance or anything...Doesn't have to be a new cap...
Just something new thats gonna keep us entertained and occupied while sts works on AL.

Argyros
01-12-2014, 07:20 PM

Add about 4 different quests similar to ichor quests, and bam, players have something to work/spend money on.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-12-2014, 07:24 PM
^mmmhmmmm
And maybe a little quest for player to gt the 2/3 pc rings for pvp:)
But I mean just give us something like a balance or anything...Doesn't have to be a new cap...
Just something new thats gonna keep us entertained and occupied while sts works on AL.
Honestly. If 2/3 piece rings were brought back, id rage. And I don't even have 3 piece rings. Would it be nice? Yah I'd love to have 3 piece rings. But I didn't work for the, so why should I have them? It wouldn't be fair to those who earned them. It's like bringing back founders.

Multibird
01-12-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't think they should rerelease any old elite vanities, have no problem, however, adding new elite vanities within this cap.
Yes, if they won't make a cap, at least make more quests so ppl without 3pc rings can get an elite ring as well.

P.S. I'm saying this because since 76 might be the last cap, their are others who started the game late, they should also have the chance of getting an elite ring. That said, I'm not saying this for myself, I already have elite rings and black dragon sets.

XghostzX
01-12-2014, 07:26 PM

EFM - be careful when you say "we need anything." When STS brought in the new classes after a long period of time without any serious updates, we thought at first "wow this is incredible." But soon after it hasn't been all the hype and we find ourselves in this state (boredness? denial? however you feel). So if we are, as a community, to decide what would be best for this game, just be careful what you ask for. I'd rather have an update that has a long lasting effect (such as class balance) rather than something that would be appealing for a bit then potentially die off (i.e. a new cap)... because if that were to happen, we'd find ourselves crawling back to the developers.

Back on topic - What I'm worried about is IF Arcane Legends dies off at some point (which shouldn't, at least in the next few years), then 10X the customers will start complaining about their update-less game. I mean c'mon, I bet the entire community on the AL forums constantly expect a good 1-2 updates a week. I expect a decent update every 4-6 months! Imagine the customer hate that could happen. Just a friendly heads up!

Multibird
01-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Honestly. If 2/3 piece rings were brought back, id rage. And I don't even have 3 piece rings. Would it be nice? Yah I'd love to have 3 piece rings. But I didn't work for the, so why should I have them? It wouldn't be fair to those who earned them. It's like bringing back founders.
If they had made 81 cap, others would've gotten a chance too. Don't think about yourself, think about everyone. If this is the last cap, I personally believe it's not fair for the rest that started game late.

P.S. you shouldn't have problems, a skillful person can beat anyone.

Crashy
01-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Check out this for pvp balance ideas:
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?132705-Time-For-A-New-Era-Help-in-the-quest-to-restore-PVP&highlight=balance

AvidLegend
01-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Dear Samhayne,
This post is going to be an accumulation of my ideas for Pocket Legends future and responses to your very much appreciated thread post.

First off it is good to finally get a better picture of what you and your staff are dealing with. 35 people isnt a lot of people on staff to manage your many games. In our mind spacetime games has much more than 35 developers on staff and are just busy with other games. This gives a better idea of how spread thin you are. However, this still only proves that either your company is making bad choices if its not able to fully staff all of its games. Your revolutionary game providing a flawlessly worldwide synced MMO platform with in game purchase must have made you a lot of money during its booming years and the money wasn't spent properly. Have you thought of making your studio public, selling stocks of spacetime games. I looked and was unable to find any fiscal reports on your company to really gauge the accuracy of my accusations, but your response to this specific response will interest me. Do you have a financial sustainability representative in your company? Might need to hire one. I actually know someone with those exact qualifications looking for a job as well btw message me for contact information if interested.

Okay this is the sensitive issue. Many of your dedicated fans view this as your biggest mistake. You had three successful games that were created on platforms that couldn't produce the type of game Arcane Legends would become. Many players do enjoy Arcane Legends, but what if you would have simply focused on your already existing, and successful games and brought them to the new game engines offered by the newer mobile operating systems? You would still have all the dedicated players you have playing Pocket Legends daily still, all the players that abandoned Pocket Legends to play the new Arcane Legends would still be dedicated to Pocket Legends, and all the players that tried to stay loyal to Spacetime Games but have left over the past undeveloped year would still be here. You would have one-three super games instead of 5+ mediocre games praying for the success of one to keep the other online. You have discussed how you believe that bringing Pocket Legends up to the new platform would take so much work you mine as well make a new game, but you don't realize that you have created a reputation of little customer loyalty at this point. Even Arcane Legends players have the feeling that one of your new games will be a success and you will eventually abandon them as well. This isn't the kind of reputation a successful game developing company should have, but ultimately all choices are up to you the developement team not us the players. We won't always get what we want and we know that. But imagine this...

I went to school for and currently hold a degree in computer systems engineering and have dabbled in graphics design and game design during my studies. Your platform might limit you and prevent this from being a possibility but if you can I believe you will be very lucrative if you can successfully pull it off.

Yes, revamping all of Pocket Legends will be a huge endeavor. However, if you continue to spread your 35 members over more and more new games you will not survive as a company. Your thought process is correct that the release of a new game comes with a lot of hype and a lot of new players that pay the bills. However, you are shooting yourself in the foot if you already cant support all your games and you continue to focus on making more.

Solution: Completely upgrade Pocket Legends. This will be a very difficult and lengthy process but overall will pay off and here is why. If you upgrade the graphics, and bring back support you can release Pocket Legends on the app store again as lets say Pocket Legends 2.0 (name doesn't matter just saying). The hype from the release will give you the new player demand you desire, your already loyal players will of course be brought over, and your fans that abandoned Pocket Legends for Arcane Legends may very well come back and create the new money bags game you desire. With my game design background (though limited and not done professionally) this is possible. You can bring all maps, expansions, items, characters, achievements, quests, etc over to the new platform and reuse a ton of your old coding to make it easier on yourself. The point wouldn't be to make a new game but upgrade your old one. You can't deviate from the currently style of game play Pocket Legends offers because you will lose your dedicated members. By this I specifically mean making it Platinum Dependant like Arcane Legends. Basically a graphic overhaul and possibly an expansion soon after. Considering Pocket Legends is only at 76 cap right now as well there is still plenty of room for future expansions to make this effort worth it over the long run. Examples of this method working for another company would be Jagex's major success after releasing their first platform of runescape classic and upgrading to runescape and then again revamping to runescape combat evolve and now yet again they are releasing runescape 3. This is an example of a company staying dedicated to their player community and focussing on their single game keeping it competitive with other games by continually updating its graphics options. Learn from their success and your own successes and failures and please come back to glory.

I personally over my 3 years of playing this game have spent $1000 and a ridiculous amount of time leveling, questing, helping the community both in game and on the forums, and my greatest fear is that eventually this game will be dropped all together. And considering you felt it was necessary to post this thread many other players within this community feel exactly the same way. That should be your sign right there.

Please let me know what you think. Also do you take volunteer game developers? I have several hours I can dedicate a week.

Sincerely AvidLegend

^^BUMB^^

IGN Storm
01-12-2014, 09:43 PM
@Sam Mucho Gracias for taking the time to write this. It certainly helps me see things from your perspective. Still, I believe you guys should make one final push at fixing PL. Balance the classes, fix the gear, make Elite Rings available for new players, and you can just let the game sit there for a while. Right now PL feels like a story without an ending, and you as the author should tie up the "loose ends". Making new games is fun, yes, but we as players HATE to start over, kinda like what you guys experienced with Blackstar. The only reason I love MMOs opposed to something like Doodle Jump is that everytime I play, I'm progressing. But if I moved to AL what other games you decide to make in the future, I would have to start over n over n over again.

@EFM I think 3 piece rings should be made obtainable as long as we gain the required 100k exp. Elite vanities should not be awarded so players who did the grinding before have something extra. Founders will always be exclusive as you won't be able to complete the requirement of "joining" during the first week again.

@Avid Sam made it pretty obvious that investing money into AL is more worthwhile. Yes they can take a gamble and update PL but why would they if the success chance of AL is higher? And you Runescape 3 example is irrelevant. During RS 2, worlds are almost always full but after RS 3 and the EOC, it would be rare to find a world with over 500 players.

NotYoCookiez
01-12-2014, 10:04 PM
solution: merge pocket legends and arcane legends into one giant epic 3D MMORPG. imagine the hype.

WeLoveJesus
01-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Dear Samhayne,

Sincerely AvidLegend

Yes, but what if it doesn't bring back the oldies? Or doesn't reap the rewards???? Then what? Spacetime will lose all that money down the drain... And then what? In their mind, PL is just an old dying cash cow. You milk it for as long as you can, and then it dies. OK? There are newer, better cows that produce more milk. Which will get more money? Spending a lot of $ to re-energize a dying game (What they did introducing rhino and fox) or putting all that $ into developing a better, more advanced game that will attract new players? Most of the "oldies" have quit, and aren't even checking on the game anymore. STG still has to make $$$ you know... They've got families to support...

AvidLegend
01-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Yes, but what if it doesn't bring back the oldies? Or doesn't reap the rewards???? Then what? Spacetime will lose all that money down the drain... And then what? In their mind, PL is just an old dying cash cow. You milk it for as long as you can, and then it dies. OK? There are newer, better cows that produce more milk. Which will get more money? Spending a lot of $ to re-energize a dying game (What they did introducing rhino and fox) or putting all that $ into developing a better, more advanced game that will attract new players? Most of the "oldies" have quit, and aren't even checking on the game anymore. STG still has to make $$$ you know... They've got families to support...

Putting any new game on the market is a risk of losing money. There is no guarantee it will be worth it. You would essentially be taking the same risk but you will already have dedicated fans to start off with. The rhino and fox were a flop because it was released the same time as a new game. They need to learn to stop competing with themselves. It's like opening two Mcdonalds next door to each other till one goes out of business because it's on the less popular side of the street then opening another on the other corner while remodeling the previous one with the stupid idea that it won't cause a conflict of business. Pick a new location (meaning all together different type of game) or stick to keeping what is already there afloat.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
01-12-2014, 10:43 PM
@samhayne

I get it you guys are $$$ orientated . With that being said, why would you not allow us to volunteer our time, energy, knowledge, and $$ to create a new cap in PL? I dont see whats wrong with this idea, everyone wins. please reply back to me.

Crashy
01-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Hmm,
I just think sts should continue working on pl,
A cap, pvp balance, new vanities, new map, new drop, or quest.
As long as they don't just quit on pl because many of us have spent a lot of time in pl and spent a lot of cash on the plat.
I just dnt think it fair I leave the game with nothing new and have a few hundred $ sitting in someone's account when the games dead.

Suchislife
01-12-2014, 11:25 PM
I understand, it's all comes down to $$$ and I guess you guys have to eat a living. But I really want you guys to stop making new games for a bit and focus on PL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

LovingLu
01-13-2014, 01:16 AM
Suggestions:

1. Put a little money to advertise PL on google, facebook, twitter or anything else. Pocket legends are losing people! We need new members to join in.

2. Make some benefits for newly joined ppls and keep them in PL! For example, put some basic awards when they lvl up (basic sets, vanity.etc.) so as to let them feel survivable and hopefull. Snice the econemy of PL goes worse and worse, it is not that easy for a newly joined ppl to offer even an endgame set.

3. More teamworks in game and chart platform. It is easy to give up if you play alone. Charting platforms with rooms in whole game for example.

4. Re-call losed players! Perhaps new contents or new caps will do.

dudetus
01-13-2014, 06:56 AM
Thank you for this outreach to us Sam, I've always known u were doing the best u could.

I speak for myself, but I think at least some of the "veterans" as myself, feel the same way as I do.

Pocket Legends is a one of a kind game for me. During these 3+ years I've played this game, I've found a gaming experience like nothing before. Simply because the community aspect is unique. I've made actual friends via this game and Ik that even if I quit PL completely, I would still have them as my friends. Even right now, I have like 5 kik discussions going on with my PL friends. I've played quite a few games during my gaming life (swtor and soldat as the mains) but PL is something way beyond them. I would surely have quit any other game that didn't get "meaningful" updates in a year but not PL.

What I'm trying to say is that for u guys in STG PL is something special and it has a spot in ur hearts. It's the same for majority of us PL players.

acefoxx
01-13-2014, 07:01 AM
I would suggest put some ability to our pets, you guys done it in AL. Shouldnt be much work in PL, but I am not sure.
This will keep us busy training them or some sort. Boost up sales in plat.
Pvp with pets ?maybe...
Devs show up more in game will make us happy with some wave to get vanity.
Other than that, keep on making money with your biz. You need to feed 35 + staffs every month. Some wl never understand. Explain or not.

Keep it up.

Best wishes.

Doodlebeast
01-13-2014, 08:07 AM
Ty for the info. I'll stop complaining. For now. At least. I hope.

MightyMicah
01-13-2014, 11:11 AM
I think I speak for just about everyone when I say that this was very much so needed and appreciated! Thanks so much, Samhayne!

Roberto077
01-13-2014, 11:22 AM

I'm sure someone has said what I'm about to tell you, but I don't feel like looking.

Game design is a very difficult task in different aspects of the game, but there is only one part that we truly see, that would be the artwork. As you put it, artwork is what will drive PL back up, but have you ever done 3D design? It takes an extremely long time to even do some of the more simple pieces of the game, not including the adaptions to object animation and movement.

In fact, I assume most of the coding employees at STS have experience with designing the models and character portraits using the designing program. For example, if you have ever played or heard of League of Legends (currently the most played game in the world), then you may know that 40% of Riot Games staff are artists that design skins and champions to play in the game. If you are an active player of LoL then you would know that it takes about a month for a new skin to be implemented, and that's just ONE CHARACTER.

Now imagine the work that it would take to re-skin all of Pocket Legends. That's thousands of items, dozens of NPC's, hundreds of maps and levels, 60 abilities, and many more objects and details of the game that would be repainted and constructed just to get maybe a few new players and change nothing for repeated customers. Another words, we wouldn't see anything until +2015.

Anyways, STS has pretty much done what I have stated above, but in a different format called Arcane Legends. Check it out.

EDIT: I'll add some more stuff later on other points regarding the thread.

Zeus
01-13-2014, 11:33 AM
@Sam Mucho Gracias for taking the time to write this. It certainly helps me see things from your perspective. Still, I believe you guys should make one final push at fixing PL. Balance the classes, fix the gear, make Elite Rings available for new players, and you can just let the game sit there for a while. Right now PL feels like a story without an ending, and you as the author should tie up the "loose ends". Making new games is fun, yes, but we as players HATE to start over, kinda like what you guys experienced with Blackstar. The only reason I love MMOs opposed to something like Doodle Jump is that everytime I play, I'm progressing. But if I moved to AL what other games you decide to make in the future, I would have to start over n over n over again.

@EFM I think 3 piece rings should be made obtainable as long as we gain the required 100k exp. Elite vanities should not be awarded so players who did the grinding before have something extra. Founders will always be exclusive as you won't be able to complete the requirement of "joining" during the first week again.

@Avid Sam made it pretty obvious that investing money into AL is more worthwhile. Yes they can take a gamble and update PL but why would they if the success chance of AL is higher? And you Runescape 3 example is irrelevant. During RS 2, worlds are almost always full but after RS 3 and the EOC, it would be rare to find a world with over 500 players.

Slight change… 3 piece requires 300k XP, 100k for each cap.

Chopper
01-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Thank you for the response. I think a lot of the bad feelings came with the impression of being felt 'left out in the dark' or abandoned. Addressing it openly is much appreciated so that people can make their own minds up if they want to continue playing PL or move onto other games out there.

Everyone'sFavMage
01-13-2014, 12:47 PM
Actually if 3 piece rings were done like storm suggested I wouldn't be totally against it. As long as the vanities aren't brought back and it takes the extra grinding.

Fusionstrike
01-13-2014, 01:38 PM
P.S. I'm saying this because since 76 might be the last cap, their are others who started the game late, they should also have the chance of getting an elite ring. That said, I'm not saying this for myself, I already have elite rings and black dragon sets.

Well, there will always be someone who missed their chance because they started when the "last" cap has already been released. The only way nobody is ever left out is if there are an infinite number of cap updates. This is why people have suggested alternate ways to get rings other than by stringing two or three caps together.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, I think games should be "fair" in that there is always a level playing field, i.e. anyone can earn equivalent abilities/bonuses/etc whether they were here on day 1 or just joined yesterday. This is why the whole founders thing continues to kick up so much dust even today. Right now, some players have a built-in bonus (however small) that others have no way to match. They find this unfair.

On the other hand, I would hate to see those who put in the work to get the 2 or 3 caps have their efforts watered down by an alternate, "cheaper" way for players to catch up who missed previous caps. If nothing else, waiting for the cap to come out was part of the challenge, in addition to completing the cap before the opportunity was gone (back when caps came out relatively quickly). This was the only truly long-term goal in PL, which had extra meaning because of the time constraints players had to deal with to successfully cap on back-to-back-to-back caps.

I guess if it were up to me, given the current state of PL, I'd decide in favor of giving the new players a chance to catch up. I would do this by going back to each cap level and offering a way to earn that cap by earning the 100k xp via a special quest. Something like, you talk to Fallen Prince, you get a quest that requires earning 100k xp in that campaign's map. Completion awards the cap item, but recolored in some way to look different from the original. The item still operates as a cap item for the purposes of getting rings, but players can visually tell the difference between those who capped originally and those who did the catch-up path. This allows "first-cappers" to maintain their badge of achievement while offering new-comers a chance to do the same work and get access to the bonuses if they're willing to put in the effort.

Back on topic - What I'm worried about is IF Arcane Legends dies off at some point (which shouldn't, at least in the next few years), then 10X the customers will start complaining about their update-less game. I mean c'mon, I bet the entire community on the AL forums constantly expect a good 1-2 updates a week. I expect a decent update every 4-6 months! Imagine the customer hate that could happen. Just a friendly heads up!

This is the point I worry about for STS's long-term future. I know there are players out there who feel PL has ended too soon (I'm one of them) and were caught off-guard to learn the lifespan was so short. I think most people familiar with MMOs make an implicit assumption that they'll get to enjoy the game, community, etc for a long while, and 3 years is just a lot shorter than they expected. This tends to make them feel that their investment didn't get a chance to pay off, and certainly makes them think twice about doing it all over again on a new game. I'm not a player of SL or DL, but I imagine there are those who feel similarly about the even shorter life these games have had.

It is a legitimate question for AL players to ask how long they should expect the new game to go on given the history of other legend games. They would be fully justified in being skeptical at this point. I know I have friends who would really enjoy PL, and I'd have a blast playing it with them, but I can't recommend it to them given the state of things now. And I can't jump into AL with them knowing I'm skeptical about its lifespan, and I certainly don't want to personally repeat the cycle of feeling cut short in yet another time and money investment.

Clearly there are plenty of people willing to play AL who don't have this hang-up. Either they don't mind moving on from other legend titles or AL is their first experience with legends games. However, as XghostzX rightly points out, the much bigger audience means a much larger potentially negative backlash if it experiences the same arc as the other legends games have. At some point, the market will run out of new players who haven't felt burned by this strategy if it continues.

Maybe AL will turn out to be so successful that STS will support it for a long enough time not to repeat the cycle we've seen on PL/SL/DL. It would be great if STS finds the right game they will stick with and the community gets the full experience of a game where they can build something and enjoy it for a long time. But I notice that Samhayne again mentioned making new and exciting things, which I read as an intention to pop out more games that must be tended to by the same staff. If that's the case, then AL too will eventually become a losing value proposition compared to the other new games that come along, and the unfortunately-familiar legends cycle will consume even this currently high-flying title. I hope this is not the case for the sake of those as invested in AL and we PL die-hards are.

Gluedog
01-13-2014, 01:54 PM
Thanks Sam! Keep making awesome games :)

Suentous PO
01-13-2014, 02:14 PM
Well said Fusion. I too lean toward letting the new players a chance at rings as that means my foxes and rhinos can too, but a quest wouldn't cut it for me. I think it should be as hard for them as it was for me. New folks having to grind could mean more money for STG as they buy plats to do so.
I also would rather the old vanities for older caps not be re-released.

Also agree that I'm unwilling to put in time and effort into any other of their games when the same problem exists that STG could move on to the next game.
History repeats itself.

Fusionstrike
01-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Well said Fusion. I too lean toward letting the new players a chance at rings as that means my foxes and rhinos can too, but a quest wouldn't cut it for me. I think it should be as hard for them as it was for me. New folks having to grind could mean more money for STG as they buy plats to do so.
I also would rather the old vanities for older caps not be re-released.

I agree with both your points, but maybe I didn't express my proposed solution very well. My idea of a "quest" is basically an avenue for players to go earn the 100k xp that is traditionally associated with a cap. So it would be exactly the same amount of work as was originally required. (In fact, you could argue it's actually more work if they are required to do it in the campaign's map, since they couldn't use the "mega maze with xp anywhere" trick.) I also mentioned that any vanity from this make-up route look different so there's no confusion between the two different ways of earning it. Although the real goal here is for them to catch up in ring advantage, so just getting access to earning the ring (and no vanity) would be sufficient. I'm thinking the current system requires some kind of object on the player to work, which is why I suggested the recolored idea.

Xyzther
01-13-2014, 02:52 PM
Maybe there could be a quest to kill 100k mobs of that campaign for the recolored cap item, that way it would be harder since you're not farming xp but kills

Freobr
01-13-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes long quests as I mentioned before!!!

Skillless
01-13-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks a lot for this thread! I don't think that you can find something like that in other gaming communities.

While many agree that giving new players 3-piece-rings and nerfing some sets are the solutions to make PL attractive again, I don't think PL can recover if the focus is only the needs of endgame pvp. I suspect that a large part of PL population (by count and by revenue) used to be rather pve'ers. I think there need to be incentives for those to come back or stay.
But anyway, I believe that is no need for a new cap or expansion. I think much could be improved with less costly means, by implementing new quests and achievements rather than a whole campaign.

Multibird
01-13-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't think PL can recover if the focus is only the needs of endgame pvp. I suspect that a large part of PL population (by count and by revenue) used to be rather pve'ers. I think there need to be incentives for those to come back or stay.
Agreed, but now if you look some people that only used to pve also started to pvp. Since not many people farm.

Isopure
01-13-2014, 04:25 PM
I spy with my little eye....... A lot of dairy air kissing. Just saying

Even with your lengthy and very sophisticated response I believe there could be changes made to pl that would make everyone happy. Company and player supporters a like working together for a "cheap" solution which seems to be your major reason for not giving pl any decent updates. There are always things that can be done to please your customers. Baring you can't please everyone all the time but how about just giving a little something to all those who supported and helped build your company from the very start? Just keeping it real guys

The Happiness
01-13-2014, 05:17 PM
I'm just popping out of (semi) retirement to say thank you Sam for your honest, transparent post and for taking the time to explain and clarify the "mystery" of PL's future. It is clear that you care very much about the game and the community and I can imagine it has been as hard for you as it was for us when the company shifted direction away from PL.

I would like to say that prior to PL, over 3 years ago, I had no experience of mmorpgs. Virtually no gaming experience whatsoever. But, this community has been fantastic. I have met some truly wonderful people here both in game and on the forum. Warm, genuine people who will remain friends with or without PL. I feel truly honoured to have been a part of this. The last three years have given me memories I'll cherish for the rest of my life. Thank you Sam and all at STG, you created a gem of a game. Hope you are as proud of your achievement as I have been to be a member of the PL community. Good luck for the future.

Taara/The Happiness

Heroelite
01-13-2014, 07:02 PM
Maybe there could be a quest to kill 100k mobs of that campaign for the recolored cap item, that way it would be harder since you're not farming xp but kills

This would take atleast 10-20+ times longer than 100k xp and imo that is too unreasonable. Players wouldn't have the benefit of xp elixirs and PVE would be in an even worse state than it is today. Strength classes like bears and rhinos would be put at a significant disadvantage in getting kills, and will most likely switch to dex to rack up kills as fast as they can. I prefer the 100k xp of that campaign idea.

IGN Storm
01-13-2014, 07:18 PM
This would take atleast 10-20+ times longer than 100k xp and imo that is too unreasonable. Players wouldn't have the benefit of xp elixirs and PVE would be in an even worse state than it is today. Strength classes like bears and rhinos would be put at a significant disadvantage in getting kills, and will most likely switch to dex to rack up kills as fast as they can. I prefer the 100k xp of that campaign idea.

This. 100k kills of the campaign is already many times harder than before considering that even on x4, the mobs would take 3-5 hits compared to 1 hitting everything in Mega Maze. Kills are also harder to get considering there is no kill multiplying elixirs. One change I think is fair is that when your teammate kills someone, you also get credit for the quest, just like any other npc killing quest. This way support and tank classes wont be at a severe disadvantage

Reunegade
01-13-2014, 07:21 PM
How about this: you have to clear any BSM map 76 times with a group w/o elixirs to get an elite shard? You need 5 elite shards to get a Blacksmoke Ring of Valiant Glory which adds 100 health, 100 mana, 10% hit, 10% crit, 10 armor, and 10 damage.

IGN Storm
01-13-2014, 07:27 PM
How about this: you have to clear any BSM map 76 times with a group w/o elixirs to get an elite shard? You need 5 elite shards to get a Blacksmoke Ring of Valiant Glory which adds 100 health, 100 mana, 10% hit, 10% crit, 10 armor, and 10 damage.

Combineable with Dragon Rings and/or Elite rings?

Roberto077
01-13-2014, 07:55 PM

Should they make these count towards the 214 (current) quests or be achievements worth LP or AP, whatever it is in this game.

Roberto077
01-13-2014, 07:59 PM

I think that kills are fair. If you're revisiting a map then you are mist likely going to plow straight through everything making it as if you had elixirs. The only outlier is BSM, which wouldn't even need the 100k kills quest since the eye of eternity is available.

You can also work on the quests as you are leveling through the zone, so xp elixirs aren't too bad.

Elitephonix
01-13-2014, 08:22 PM
Ok, so let me sum up this whole thread up for you.

Make a update that'll keep us busy. That's all that everyone's asking for.

Xyzther
01-13-2014, 08:23 PM

What I meant to say was defeat them, you do not need to be the one who does the kill

Heroelite
01-13-2014, 08:41 PM
What I meant to say was defeat them, you do not need to be the one who does the kill

In that case I would agree. But I also misread your first post, I didn't realize you meant getting the kills in previous campaigns to get the "recolored cap items". That would be no challenge at all! Imagine just thrashered endgame chars running through sewers to get the 100k...

I remember someone bringing up an idea that I really liked before about having 2 quests available once you reach the level cap.
If 76 with only 1 elite vanity, can start a quest to defeat 100k mobs of that campaign (so at this level cap it would be BSM mobs). Once completed the player will be awarded the 2 piece elite ring.
For those who have 2 elite vanities, or have completed the previous quest, the next quest will be available to get the 3 piece ring. (still 100k defeats)
This way the elite vanities will stay exclusive and the players who don't have them will still have a chance at competing in pvp

Xyzther
01-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Should they make these count towards the 214 (current) quests or be achievements worth LP or AP, whatever it is in this game.

Yes, these quests would count towards total quests and would be required for "True Legend" UNLESS you have the original cap item for that campaign

Imcarla
01-13-2014, 10:13 PM

Why not a new cap item instead of a re-colored old cap item?

Xyzther
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
Why not a new cap item instead of a re-colored old cap item?

Tell that to sts

lakersrockftw
01-14-2014, 01:24 AM
Pretty much this game has occupied 3 years of my life :D.All the people I met and people that helped me made me feel like this game was the best game I had played in my life. When I joined this game June 3 2011 I didn't know anything about sts, I just searched online game and it came up. For people that don't remember or weren't around then I came pretty much when nuri was about to launch or had already launched (don't know the exact day). I almost remember the full forest haven town trying to wave at justg,assomers etc. See for me it was special to see some of the developers of the game and to see that they did care about the game and spent time with it. This company really was getting more and more members joining. Then came humania which was a pretty decent cap for me because that was the first dungeon I actually got to play in before a cap increase. After the cap increase the game has fell a landslide from quality of game and people committed to it. Now what I think solutions are.

1) Like many people said make a subscription deal that gives you stuff or access to commands.
For example: $10 $25 $50
The more money you paid for the rank the more commands and special items you get.
To me that is a pretty good idea and I'm sure many people would buy that too.
2) Make a special dungeon paid with some really rare items. The dungeon would be optional and in order to loot the item you would need to buy the dungeon. ( This is kind of like the plat dungeons but you need to pay with real cash in this).
3) Make a package deal
For example: [Merchant] You get 200k gold and 10 auction slots $10
[pink farmer] one luck elixir with a special luck vanity. $15

Note: These are just ideas not saying they will work but im pretty sure they can bring MONEY which is apparently what the game isnt bringing.

lakersrockftw
01-14-2014, 01:36 AM
Sorry for double post but if new games bring more money why not make Pl 2 and I don't count al as it because they are a whole different story to me.

PinkBuyer
01-14-2014, 02:27 AM
Cool story bro! Another great game to collect dust, tired of finding a great game and poof lol. Guess i won't be continue playing

Mage till the end
01-14-2014, 09:01 AM
I like how you guys realize that you can't let stg go bankrupt, all I ask is to not give up on pocket legends. I have tried every other game and still this is my favorite. Stuff like ichor quests could be reused and other elite quests. I know that this is not the best way to run a business but just don't stab the Loyal users of pl in the back. Thanks sam

Imcarla
01-14-2014, 09:32 AM
Sorry for double post but if new games bring more money why not make Pl 2 and I don't count al as it because they are a whole different story to me.

No,No,No no PL 2. Ty

Roberto077
01-14-2014, 11:58 AM
No,No,No no PL 2. Ty

Why not? It already exists under a few different names.

Imcarla
01-14-2014, 12:11 PM
Why not? It already exists under a few different names.

What would happen with the current PL?

Roberto077
01-14-2014, 12:26 PM
What would happen with the current PL?

It would be like it is now.

Oldcoot
01-14-2014, 12:49 PM
An we made it full circle

kinglevan
01-14-2014, 01:00 PM
If money is a problem we can raise funds for the new cap or for you to upgrade the engine
(Id gladly give you guys £100,and hopfully the community will too)
Ps: give ppl that donated a vanity worth $100 :D

Roberto077
01-14-2014, 01:06 PM
I just realized the CoP is an ironic item now

Imcarla
01-14-2014, 01:14 PM
It would be like it is now.

I don't think a PL and a PL 2 would work well.

Roberto077
01-14-2014, 01:27 PM
I don't think a PL and a PL 2 would work well.

They don't on one side at least.

iiDealer
01-14-2014, 01:56 PM

LOL

Oldcoot
01-14-2014, 01:58 PM
Sadly true

Imcarla
01-14-2014, 02:05 PM

How is it ironic?

pizzaman
01-14-2014, 02:47 PM
It's seems like this was a business decision and that abandoning their first "child" was not a joyful decision for the developers. Still, I hope that as you are watching financial spreadsheets and graphs, you also factor in consumer confidence as an important factor for a long-term healthy company. I, for one, never got into AL because i'm like "how long until they bring out a new legends game and drop AL just as hard as they dropped the other mmo's?". With PL i know what i'm getting is already pretty good and has lots of levels, so i still love PL most.

bhutkeyur
01-14-2014, 03:07 PM
What actually beneficial? Merge all of ur similar game and make one master game like AL? or keep developing new game? - which dont have guarantee of success like AL. As player I dont change game I just change game company if I annoyed too much by new games and company not focusing their good game.

Roberto077
01-14-2014, 03:13 PM
How is it ironic?

The crown of persistence was released as an item that showed you had the persistence to make it to the next level of the Balefort sewers 56 cap, but that cap was only a few months long and required less xp. This cap has made us persist through hellish PvP, hellish PvE (literally and figuratively, 1 year of no major updates, and all the crap from hackers and scammers.

IMO, there was a relatively low amount of persistence in most areas (not levels) of the game back then compared to what we have to persist right now.

AvidLegend
01-14-2014, 11:28 PM
My thoughts exactly

It's seems like this was a business decision and that abandoning their first "child" was not a joyful decision for the developers. Still, I hope that as you are watching financial spreadsheets and graphs, you also factor in consumer confidence as an important factor for a long-term healthy company. I, for one, never got into AL because i'm like "how long until they bring out a new legends game and drop AL just as hard as they dropped the other mmo's?". With PL i know what i'm getting is already pretty good and has lots of levels, so i still love PL most.

AvidLegend
01-14-2014, 11:34 PM
This provides short term happiness without solving the problem at hand that basically is that PL will eventually be dropped all together because of business directions being taken by STG. The company will never know for sure whether they made the right decision or not till its too late and this is the time for them to listen to intellectual contributions and make and educated decision, and hopefully not a greedy one. I feel the decision to focus on their already established games will boost their company more than they think. STS is afraid because they "tried" to give a major update to PL with rhino and fox release and they didnt get the results they wanted because they were competing with their own game(ArcaneLegends). And now they are taking that lesson and refusing to take the risk again, without understanding the problem wasnt the update it was the side by side releases of their games that caused a lack of a bounce back. They need to make the difficult call and try again, or play it safe and settle for short term success again and again. Its a learning curve for them. Let them learn, and hope they do.

Ok, so let me sum up this whole thread up for you.

Make a update that'll keep us busy. That's all that everyone's asking for.

AvidLegend
01-14-2014, 11:38 PM
Samhayne where are you??? No more replies???

lakersrockftw
01-15-2014, 12:00 AM
:P busy with arcane new cap probably

Also by Pl 2 I mean continue from where they left off with the new technology. I mean if the features are a problem and bring more money just improve features and make PL 2

Kingzila
01-15-2014, 03:28 AM
I liked this, I liked it a lot.
Always nice to know what's up
Thank you for the feed back Sam

Waug
01-15-2014, 05:19 AM

gone to al again. sorry for the joke.

this is what happens always even at the time 'great nerf 2013' they claimed wait play as mich as pvp then tell us what's wrong, then boom everyone (stg) left da matter, if they tried and atleast fix pvp, there wouldn't be enormous threads on pvp balance neither they had to clarify again nor this thread would exists)

thousands player base (including old and addicted players) atleast deserve relatively balanced pvp (for the reason they are still here even after playing years)

Samhayne
01-15-2014, 05:46 PM

Working on introducing our new Community Manager and putting together more about what's coming for 2014. Don't worry, you guys are still very much on my mind.

Schnitzel
01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
Working on introducing our new Community Manager and putting together more about what's coming for 2014. Don't worry, you guys are still very much on my mind.

I thought you were the community guy (as said in the text under Samhayne "Admin & Community Guy"

octavos
01-15-2014, 06:33 PM

thought you were the manager?

Fusionstrike
01-15-2014, 06:33 PM
I thought you were the community guy (as said in the text under Samhayne "Admin & Community Guy"

Sounds like ol' Sam is training the new guy. I can only assume he got promoted to something like Grand High Exalted Lord of the United Realms of Admin and Community (long may he reign).

Extreme
01-15-2014, 06:39 PM

Its Onade!

Oldcoot
01-15-2014, 07:05 PM
PROmotion

Roberto077
01-15-2014, 07:11 PM
Grand High Exalted Lord-ess of the United Realms of Admin and Community (long may she reign).

RIP Arrie

AvidLegend
01-15-2014, 07:11 PM

Okay whether you or anyone else agrees or disagrees with my comment earlier I wanted it to be considered at least. Was worried I posted too late before all the filler posts form others drove you away. Post your response when you can just good to know you're still listening.

Multibird
01-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Working on introducing our new Community Manager and putting together more about what's coming for 2014. Don't worry, you guys are still very much on my mind.ty for the reply sam ;)

lakersrockftw
01-15-2014, 08:57 PM
If you guys can't do a cap can do some new content then?Like items

acefoxx
01-16-2014, 05:17 AM
Translate the game into chinese version, bam...... , you have millions more players in no time. Get ready to hire more staff.

Ijooo
01-16-2014, 06:44 AM
After all the drama and all the ideas, i hope sts will come up to something that will both benefits sts with their financial needs and, players boredom and moneys worth.

Pvp balance and Elite rings.

Thank you and Good day everyone!

Reunegade
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
I think it's a good sign that Sam got promoted to developer.

Schnitzel
01-16-2014, 06:03 PM
RIP Arrie

RIP Arrie? what happened to Arrie?

Roberto077
01-16-2014, 06:47 PM
RIP Arrie? what happened to Arrie?

Have you seen her lately?

AvidLegend
Has STG looked into doing a rerelease of PL on new game engine with better graphics and maybe an expansion with the possibility of combining with the new phone controller tech like bladepad that will be releasing this year? They can sponsor their games on their controllers for all their games.

Reunegade
Have you seen her lately?
Airrie*

lakersrockftw
01-16-2014, 08:46 PM
Sam may you say why subscriptions or ranks are a bad idea just wondering what's the problem with em.

skrapicoco
01-17-2014, 04:58 AM
Sam may you say why subscriptions or ranks are a bad idea just wondering what's the problem with em.

From my point of view they will lose players, one of the best reason pl is such a big hit its free, and big money to spend to make this happen,

If they will do this and they have the money id suggest pay for new content/81 cap others who didnt pay wont be able to enter/play

Rayjets
01-17-2014, 09:22 AM
I've been playing only since 2013 and love this game and the people in it so I think I'm relatively new compared to others. It has been very addictive and I go on it every day talking to people I've met. I appreciate the honesty in this email but also very disappointing in the sense that there will be no new cap and no guarantee of any new content. I purchased 2000 plat. on the last sale to get ready for 2014 cap. Basically you are not investing any significant funds to improve the game so you should offer people the option to transfer their plat to other games. Maybe battle dragon or arcane legend. Do something! Bring back the black dragon armor or increase the drop rate. If the people that are playing are the diehard fans then give us something to do. I started in 2013 and have three capped toons but I will never get another elite ring? What is the motivation to play this game any further. I appreciate your honesty because I don't see any sense in buying any more plat because what are we going to use it for? You cant get the rare items and people sell it for crazy amounts. Give me a reason why I spent 2000 plat if there are no new content, items, or quests etcc.........

Smilingdaisy
01-17-2014, 10:03 AM
How about starting a project on Kickstarter.com?

If Kickstarter could fund a movie (Veronica Mars), I'm sure you guys could get enough funding to create an expansion for Pocket Legends. I would definitely back the project, and I'm sure many others will too.

I've been playing this game for about 2 years, and I am really hoping for a comeback. I really hope that STS will consider some of these ideas and suggestions.

Nevertheless, thank you for letting us know "why" you didn't make a new expansion. But like all other PL players, I hope to see a post on "how" and "when" your team plans to add new content/create an expansion. If My Little Pony can make a comeback, I'm pretty sure PL can too! :eagerness:

Jig
01-17-2014, 10:41 AM

If Kickstarter could fund a movie (Veronica Mars), I'm sure you guys could get enough funding to create an expansion for Pocket Legends. I would definitely back the project, and I'm sure many others will too.

I've been playing this game for about 2 years, and I am really hoping for a comeback. I really hope that STS will consider some of these ideas and suggestions.

Nevertheless, thank you for letting us know "why" you didn't make a new expansion. But like all other PL players, I hope to see a post on "how" and "when" your team plans to add new content/create an expansion. If My Little Pony can make a comeback, I'm pretty sure PL can too! :eagerness:

It allllll depends right now and need to see what happens ;)

Chopper
01-17-2014, 12:22 PM

Kickstarter is to help people who are excited and eager to launch a new product, etc. and people willing to help them. I think the message is clear that STG is focused on working on AL. If they had more money, they would just work MORE on AL, not PL. Better to fund a kicistarter for a company owned by PL Players who want to buy PL from STG and develop it. Then again, STG has also said they would sell PL because it would compete with AL.

ctf
01-17-2014, 03:19 PM
I read but didn't understand much (First Language is French)
So will we be expecting a 81 level for 2014?

Impact
01-17-2014, 03:27 PM
I read but didn't understand much (First Language is French)
So will we be expecting a 81 level for 2014?
Lol no...

Chopper
01-17-2014, 03:38 PM
Lol no...

"NON"!!! :)

Oldcoot
01-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Try to stay optimistic

Energizeric
01-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Hey guys, some of you probably know me as I was a regular player of PL during 2012 and you probably often saw me hanging out in Balefort merching....

Anyway, like many of you I felt I had invested so much time and effort in PL, the last thing I wanted to do was switch to a different game. I had managed to obtain all 5 dragon sets on my level 76 bear (this is when those dragon sets were worth 10m+ each). I had saved up a gold cap, and also had other very desirable sets such as a demonic mace set.

So when many of my buddies started moving over to AL and they encouraged me to go, I refused. That lasted all of about a month, and then last December I finally gave in and decided to try AL, so for about 3 months I kept playing both games. I still hoped everyone would come back to PL, but that never happened. And like many of them, I gradually started to prefer AL. Even with all the time spent and invested in PL, AL was such a better game that I gradually stopped playing PL. To this day I still have all of those items mentioned above, and also have 2000+ plat in PL which STS will not allow me to transfer over to AL. I haven't signed onto PL in more than 6 months.

Trust me when I tell you that AL is ten times the game that PL is. Yes, AL seems more complicated, but it is not. You are just used to PL and so any other game is going to seem complicated. But PL was also complicated the first time you played it. But you managed to learn over time. And yes, I agree that it is tough to go to a new game and start all over from scratch. But trust me when I tell you that you will be happy you did.

The first thing that will take getting used to is not being able to change screen orientation. That took me about 2 weeks to get used to and after that I simply forgot about it. The last time I signed onto PL it seemed so strange having to change the screen view. So you will get used to that part rather quickly.

As far as the skills and stats, and gear, there is way more flexibility in AL than in PL. In PL every player of the same class has the same skills, pretty much the same build, and usually the same gear as there is only really one good gear set for each level cap. In AL there are 8 skills for each class, and each player can only choose 4 making dozens of combinations. And each skill has the base skill plus 4 upgrades, so even 2 players with the exact same skill set most likely choose different upgrades for their skills, making the skills work differently. There are lots of different gear sets for each level cap, so way more variety. There are no "sets" with a set bonus, so you can mix and match to create your own combination. And then there are gems you can add to your gear to upgrade them to have better stats, and there are 6 different types of gems which add different stats to gear, meaning that even 2 players with the same exact gear and skill build may have different gems on their gear making them different.

The result is tons of variety and a game where your build is really something you work on to perfect, instead of just doing the same build as everyone else and using the same exact gear as everyone else. PvP is way way way better than in PL. I can't stress this enough. The main reason is because of all the variety of builds, but also because the game mechanics for battle are just better. After playing AL for a few months, I went back to PL and tried PvP, and it was a joke. I felt like my toon was sliding on ice in PL. AL is more realistic in terms of battle. Your character is more planted, and doesn't go sliding across the screen like he's on skates.

The other big draw from AL that I love is the leaderboards. In PL there are stat leaderboards, but nobody pays any attention to them. In AL the leaderboards are huge. They are posted in every town for everyone to see, and at the end of each expansion season, they award unique vanity banners to all players in the top 25 in each category (the banners are different depending on the leaderboard category, and they say the number of the season on them). I'm proud to say I've earned 5 banners in the first 4 seasons, and I will probably manage a couple more at the end of the current season. Pretty good when you consider that tens of thousands of players play this game regularly.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to try out AL. I know many of you feel the way I felt last year when I made the jump. Just give yourself a push. You will be happy you made the change.

If any of you do try AL, you likely will have a ton of questions, so feel free to PM me on this forum any time and I will do my best to help you. Good luck!

Jig
01-18-2014, 12:00 AM
Hey guys, some of you probably know me as I was a regular player of PL during 2012 and you probably often saw me hanging out in Balefort merching....

Anyway, like many of you I felt I had invested so much time and effort in PL, the last thing I wanted to do was switch to a different game. I had managed to obtain all 5 dragon sets on my level 76 bear (this is when those dragon sets were worth 10m+ each). I had saved up a gold cap, and also had other very desirable sets such as a demonic mace set.

So when many of my buddies started moving over to AL and they encouraged me to go, I refused. That lasted all of about a month, and then last December I finally gave in and decided to try AL, so for about 3 months I kept playing both games. I still hoped everyone would come back to PL, but that never happened. And like many of them, I gradually started to prefer AL. Even with all the time spent and invested in PL, AL was such a better game that I gradually stopped playing PL. To this day I still have all of those items mentioned above, and also have 2000+ plat in PL which STS will not allow me to transfer over to AL. I haven't signed onto PL in more than 6 months.

Trust me when I tell you that AL is ten times the game that PL is. Yes, AL seems more complicated, but it is not. You are just used to PL and so any other game is going to seem complicated. But PL was also complicated the first time you played it. But you managed to learn over time. And yes, I agree that it is tough to go to a new game and start all over from scratch. But trust me when I tell you that you will be happy you did.

The first thing that will take getting used to is not being able to change screen orientation. That took me about 2 weeks to get used to and after that I simply forgot about it. The last time I signed onto PL it seemed so strange having to change the screen view. So you will get used to that part rather quickly.

As far as the skills and stats, and gear, there is way more flexibility in AL than in PL. In PL every player of the same class has the same skills, pretty much the same build, and usually the same gear as there is only really one good gear set for each level cap. In AL there are 8 skills for each class, and each player can only choose 4 making dozens of combinations. And each skill has the base skill plus 4 upgrades, so even 2 players with the exact same skill set most likely choose different upgrades for their skills, making the skills work differently. There are lots of different gear sets for each level cap, so way more variety. There are no "sets" with a set bonus, so you can mix and match to create your own combination. And then there are gems you can add to your gear to upgrade them to have better stats, and there are 6 different types of gems which add different stats to gear, meaning that even 2 players with the same exact gear and skill build may have different gems on their gear making them different.

The result is tons of variety and a game where your build is really something you work on to perfect, instead of just doing the same build as everyone else and using the same exact gear as everyone else. PvP is way way way better than in PL. I can't stress this enough. The main reason is because of all the variety of builds, but also because the game mechanics for battle are just better. After playing AL for a few months, I went back to PL and tried PvP, and it was a joke. I felt like my toon was sliding on ice in PL. AL is more realistic in terms of battle. Your character is more planted, and doesn't go sliding across the screen like he's on skates.

The other big draw from AL that I love is the leaderboards. In PL there are stat leaderboards, but nobody pays any attention to them. In AL the leaderboards are huge. They are posted in every town for everyone to see, and at the end of each expansion season, they award unique vanity banners to all players in the top 25 in each category (the banners are different depending on the leaderboard category, and they say the number of the season on them). I'm proud to say I've earned 5 banners in the first 4 seasons, and I will probably manage a couple more at the end of the current season. Pretty good when you consider that tens of thousands of players play this game regularly.

Anyway, I encourage all of you to try out AL. I know many of you feel the way I felt last year when I made the jump. Just give yourself a push. You will be happy you made the change.

If any of you do try AL, you likely will have a ton of questions, so feel free to PM me on this forum any time and I will do my best to help you. Good luck!

As I have played PL, I have played every other of sts games and capped 75% of them all besides 2-3 on SL, by me doing this if I ever decided to move from PL to AL, obviously now that PL is sort of not how it used to be, and won't ever be who knows same goes to SL & DL, I feel AL is my last resort, so lucky I spent extra time in al capping every cap, lvling up making a little money, well, not much but enough to have a head start if I ever get serious, and till 2 weeks ago I got right back into it, after seeing so much happen to pl I finally made my mind up and boom I'm stuck into AL.

lakersrockftw
01-18-2014, 03:01 AM

If any of you do try AL, you likely will have a ton of questions, so feel free to PM me on this forum any time and I will do my best to help you. Good luck! I will not ever play al because it made pocket legends a bad game :(.Otherwise it looks fun.

Jig
01-18-2014, 03:57 AM
Bsm is boring they really need to giv us a update, one year is longggg enough, I vote for a sky theme or a underwater theme inside of caves an stuff, an let's use spongebob physics. Who wouldn't like to see fishes swim by, mayb make a extension in humania town where it leads to new town. Maybe put a oyster at the end if one of the paths, an when u click it it, it says what's this? An boom a hole appears an scene moves, an ur welcomed to oysterra...welcome back

And that, is how the Oyster class will be made!

lakersrockftw
01-18-2014, 12:35 PM
Lol :P

Zeus
01-18-2014, 07:41 PM
So many great ideas, I can see pl making stg more money if the effort is put into it

I'm sure STG knows that their current customers will spend more money on AL - but what about new customers that don't have any sort of loyalty? They'll look around & see MMOs with better graphics, more features, etc etc.

Right now, we can all agree that PL is aging. I get that STG has to survive & expand, if the way that they're doing it is working - let them do it! If you don't like it, well, there are other options out there.

I've spent thousands on STG, but... I am OK with the fact that PL doesn't get anymore updates. Heck, I will be OK with the fact if AL is dropped too. PL has provided me with years of fun and so far, AL has been doing the same. If I have spent time & enjoyed myself, I do not regret a dime I have spent.

Think of it as a car - while it might be your favorite car, the car company cannot just release the same body type/model every year. Customers get bored and look elsewhere! The fact is that new grabs the attention of potential customers.

Also, if you think about it - if STG isn't a public company after nearly 4 years, there's a reason for it! It costs big time to go public.

Personally, the way I look at it is by keeping the servers running for PL & trying to chip in when they can is a thank you. I understand that y'all want more, but sometimes, it's best to cut your losses and move on. That's what I ended up doing with PL. Was it hard to start over? Sure, but I did see this coming so I went to their latest and greatest while I could.

Oldcoot
01-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Gf, u win

Energizeric
01-18-2014, 08:21 PM
I'm sure STG knows that their current customers will spend more money on AL - but what about new customers that don't have any sort of loyalty? They'll look around & see MMOs with better graphics, more features, etc etc.

Right now, we can all agree that PL is aging. I get that STG has to survive & expand, if the way that they're doing it is working - let them do it! If you don't like it, well, there are other options out there.

I've spent thousands on STG, but... I am OK with the fact that PL doesn't get anymore updates. Heck, I will be OK with the fact if AL is dropped too. PL has provided me with years of fun and so far, AL has been doing the same. If I have spent time & enjoyed myself, I do not regret a dime I have spent.

Think of it as a car - while it might be your favorite car, the car company cannot just release the same body type/model every year. Customers get bored and look elsewhere! The fact is that new grabs the attention of potential customers.

Also, if you think about it - if STG isn't a public company after nearly 4 years, there's a reason for it! It costs big time to go public.

Personally, the way I look at it is by keeping the servers running for PL & trying to chip in when they can is a thank you. I understand that y'all want more, but sometimes, it's best to cut your losses and move on. That's what I ended up doing with PL. Was it hard to start over? Sure, but I did see this coming so I went to their latest and greatest while I could.

I guess I would hope that AL would stand the test of time. Look at games like WoW that have been around for many years. While that game is obviously the premier MMORPG game, I don't see why AL cannot compete in the long run. In PL they made lots of mistakes with the economy and PvP balance, and I think that drove lots of players away. They attempted to fix some of those mistakes, but for some mistakes it was too late. If they manage the game well and avoid any big blunders, I don't see why a game like this cannot last for a very long time.

Remember this: For the same reason that players are reluctant to move from PL to AL, players are reluctant to leave any game they have invested time in for another game, unless they are absolutely bored or annoyed with the game. So if you manage the game well, update graphics and features as technology allows, and keep adding new and interesting content, you will keep the player base for the long term.

Jig
01-18-2014, 08:39 PM
I guess I would hope that AL would stand the test of time. Look at games like WoW that have been around for many years. While that game is obviously the premier MMORPG game, I don't see why AL cannot compete in the long run. In PL they made lots of mistakes with the economy and PvP balance, and I think that drove lots of players away. They attempted to fix some of those mistakes, but for some mistakes it was too late. If they manage the game well and avoid any big blunders, I don't see why a game like this cannot last for a very long time.

Remember this: For the same reason that players are reluctant to move from PL to AL, players are reluctant to leave any game they have invested time in for another game, unless they are absolutely bored or annoyed with the game. So if you manage the game well, update graphics and features as technology allows, and keep adding new and interesting content, you will keep the player base for the long term.

WoW is a PC game, not a mobile, there's a difference.

Energizeric
01-18-2014, 10:23 PM
WoW is a PC game, not a mobile, there's a difference.

Soon WoW will have a mobile version and AL already has a PC version (on chrome). You are just talking about which device to play on. That is pretty unimportant in determining how long a game will be popular. As long as they continue to update the game to work with new devices and technology, and keep current in terms of graphics, there is no reason why the game shouldn't last a long time.

Jig
01-19-2014, 12:45 AM
Soon WoW will have a mobile version and AL already has a PC version (on chrome). You are just talking about which device to play on. That is pretty unimportant in determining how long a game will be popular. As long as they continue to update the game to work with new devices and technology, and keep current in terms of graphics, there is no reason why the game shouldn't last a long time.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, was just saying AL was really based on a mobile device, but I myself think al can last double the length of PL, probably longer the way they started like this!

Blizzard is a pretty large and successful company mostly based on computers where a lot of players are at, mobile mmo gaming is just the start, and sts took the lead ;)

Oldcoot
01-19-2014, 01:15 AM
Well I'm back from al, stuck at lv 17 I have crap for gear 5k can't find anyone doing runs for xp . Start a game an people come an go never a solid team through a map. Die left and right cause of crap gear..... I could go on an on but sorry just can't get into al. In fact it's kinda made me angry trying

lakersrockftw
01-19-2014, 02:17 AM
Well I'm back from al, stuck at lv 17 I have crap for gear 5k can't find anyone doing runs for xp . Start a game an people come an go never a solid team through a map. Die left and right cause of crap gear..... I could go on an on but sorry just can't get into al. In fact it's kinda made me angry trying exactly

Jig
01-19-2014, 08:45 AM
Well I'm back from al, stuck at lv 17 I have crap for gear 5k can't find anyone doing runs for xp . Start a game an people come an go never a solid team through a map. Die left and right cause of crap gear..... I could go on an on but sorry just can't get into al. In fact it's kinda made me angry trying

Patience young one, there's a certain lvl where you get Crackadackalin and you will like it ;) cool of and come back another day ;) or another hour ^^

Oldcoot
01-19-2014, 09:07 AM
Is crackadackin in a chest, an do I need plat to open it?

skrapicoco
01-19-2014, 09:38 AM
i know pl doesnt have the attention unlike al but think about the things they did to make it right or atleast give some love for pl players they did

daily blessing for elixir , vanities, antenna (and plat's until they stop it because there will always be greed and people wanting more and more like what you see at general discussion etc.)

and for antenna's we have to wait or add all the dev's in game and go to them and wave to get antenna

they did humania expansion. just so others know those who capped 66 and 71 DIDN'T GET ELITE RING (2pc) as i recall i ask a dev ingame about this they said yes that 2pc ring will be granted but it didnt happen. yep that's right but it didn't stop us or myself from enjoying the game, sure i complained about this after that i moved on and enjoy the game.

BSM cap where dragon set's are made/introduce for everyone can have a close match to those who have elite ring's 3pc or 2pc and 2pc ring are granted at this point by the fallen prince at bsm

dont blame sts if you are bored or nothing to do in game anymore its JUST YOU maybe its time you move on take a break or something
dont blame sts about not giving you new cap for ELITE RING'S ITS NOT THEIR FAULT YOU JUST STARTED PLAYING THIS GAME

you always have an option to quit or take everything in and move on.

correct me if my fact's are wrong.

:adoration:

Zeus
01-19-2014, 11:04 AM

Nope, I've earned most of my money through farming and merchanting.

Trenton
01-19-2014, 11:13 AM
Nope, I've earned most of my money through farming and merchanting. If you read the post that he replied to, you'd see what he was getting at ;)

Oldcoot
01-19-2014, 11:22 AM
My failed attempt a being funny, I played some more this morning with same problems. Two people aren't going to kill bosses so farming is difficult. I haven't given up just yet I guess I need to go read al forums

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
lol^
I have played my share of AL with a 17 and a 21. I will say I love the look of gear(dat grim reaper outfit mmm...), but I seriously hate 4 or 5 skills, more annoying than SL. Skill upgrading is cool, but doesn't quite make up for it. I can't quite figure out tanking, which is why I picked up a mage, which I find a bit more playable, although the lack of revive makes it kinda wierd. Not enough rogue playtime to comment.
I wish the elixirs weren't right on hud(especially right where emotes are in pl).
Stuff is so expensive and the crap drops I get are worth so little and they don't even liquidate high.

Timed map runs are pretty cool. Does make leaderboards much better than PL's.

It seems like a lot less to explore than PL. Like I remember when I first started, even months later I was finding hidden passages and new bosses.

Haven't tried any pvp, but from what I've heard I should wait till I'm capped with capped gold supply to buy gear/pet?

I don't have time to start all over again, make some new friends and stuff.

biggest con ofcourse is no rotating camera, I got super mario land for that.

Not gonna hate on it anymore, just not for me, enjoy your AL, people over there.

Suentous PO
01-19-2014, 11:29 AM
The problem for me is that I want to stick with a game, moving on to al doesn't solve the problem that STG may shift focus again.
How odd is that, I want no other of STG's games to do better than the one I prefer so that my favorite one gets the attention.
They want to make many games, and on a personal level I want them to be successful, but their shifting focus is the reason I'm playing other games.
Besides, I still prefer pl to al (shock!!) O:
-lv 35 smurf & few twinks

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 11:42 AM
The problem for me is that I want to stick with a game, moving on to al doesn't solve the problem that STG may shift focus again.
How odd is that, I want no other of STG's games to do better than the one I prefer so that my favorite one gets the attention.
They want to make many games, and on a personal level I want them to be successful, but their shifting focus is the reason I'm playing other games.
Besides, I still prefer pl to al (shock!!) O:
^much exactly

k I finally start AL---and now Slayer Legends: "we like to call this PL3"!!!! Millions of players!!!! Our biggest hit yet!!!!
It's cool and all, STS needs to be growing their business got that 100%.
They are killing many of the vets that made this comunity great like Crimsontider, Mysticaldream, Apollo(not sure of this got rebirthed as Zeus? Not same guy though), Whirlz, many more to list. You see old players return to PL and see how it's fallen like royce. When I look at AL forums it's just not the same, and I don't mean that as in "Ofc, it's different people, retard..." But a lot of players when I was a noob and would only read the forums because I was too terrible to post on them.

I mean good luck but just more people are gonna leave I fear.

AvidLegend
01-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Another post:
Ideas for updates.

-world clock on screen with time zone converter
-alert system when items you are selling are sold
-alerts when items you are watching in cs are posted ( also a system that allows you to track items in cs )
-cs in guild hall
-guild bulletin board for info I be posted by master that guildies can read
-iPhones first team speak integration
-ability to use any character with any skill set pick at random
-tradeable pets
-anyone else have ideas?

Crashy
01-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Another post:
Ideas for updates.

-alerts when items you are watching in cs are posted ( also a system that allows you to track items in cs )
-cs in guild hall
-tradeable pets
-anyone else have ideas?

These are really cool ideas.

fourleaf
01-19-2014, 07:30 PM
if only devs had time *sob*

Jig
01-19-2014, 07:36 PM
Another post:
Ideas for updates.

-cs in guild hall
-tradeable pets
-anyone else have ideas?

-A Bio & a Motto, a page "About You" With where you live also. Or is that for forums morely xD
-Afk icon pops up after 5 mins of afk.
-You can customise your own page layout like a draw pad, like choose a colour and draw lines dot circles whatever!
-Party Invites like Arcane Legends....
-When there is someone in towne you want to 1v1, select him, and you could chose an option to 1v1 him in a locked forest fight, then it pops up on the opponents screen example> "Jig wants to challenge you to a 1v1 fight!"

Jig
01-19-2014, 07:38 PM
My failed attempt a being funny, I played some more this morning with same problems. Two people aren't going to kill bosses so farming is difficult. I haven't given up just yet I guess I need to go read al forums

Add my rogue for now his 18 almost 19 and I can lvl with ya, even farm if you like..

AvidLegend
01-19-2014, 07:55 PM
-A Bio & a Motto, a page "About You" With where you live also. Or is that for forums morely xD
-You can customise your own page layout like a draw pad, like choose a colour and draw lines dot circles whatever!
-When there is someone in towne you want to 1v1, select him, and you could chose an option to 1v1 him in a locked forest fight, then it pops up on the opponents screen example> "Jig wants to challenge you to a 1v1 fight!"

All good ideas too. Implement all these ideas in new pocket legends STG we will give you everything you need if you will just do it.

Jig
01-19-2014, 07:56 PM
All good ideas too. Implement all these ideas in new pocket legends STG we will give you everything you need if you will just do it.

Thanks, yours are better, these in just thought of and typed xD yeah they need to do some of these, like cmon... Surely it isn't to hard?

Zeus
01-19-2014, 09:31 PM
^much exactly

k I finally start AL---and now Slayer Legends: "we like to call this PL3"!!!! Millions of players!!!! Our biggest hit yet!!!!
It's cool and all, STS needs to be growing their business got that 100%.
They are killing many of the vets that made this comunity great like Crimsontider, Mysticaldream, Apollo(not sure of this got rebirthed as Zeus? Not same guy though), Whirlz, many more to list. You see old players return to PL and see how it's fallen like royce. When I look at AL forums it's just not the same, and I don't mean that as in "Ofc, it's different people, retard..." But a lot of players when I was a noob and would only read the forums because I was too terrible to post on them.

I mean good luck but just more people are gonna leave I fear.

I am Apollo/Zeus & I am very much the same person. If you need me to prove it, I can prove it.

Maybe it's just my viewpoint, but games tend to get boring after a while - especially mobile MMMOs which have nowhere near the content of a full scale MMO to hold a majority of player's interest. So, as a result, I feel like seeing multiple MMMOs is not uncommon.

Also, as you said, PL isn't the same anymore. I prefer to leave it as a fond memory versus something I slowly grow to despise due to the lack of care shown to it, you know?

MR.GEE
01-20-2014, 01:07 AM
Man I have so much respect for you loyal pl ,players and believe this the developers do to ,Sam took his time to address a issue with you guys .rather we agree with it or not he kept it real, also I'm glad to see there are still people that care for pl , as for me my first game was SL,and was forced to move to dl ,well cuz mostly everyone from SL ,and now DL are going elsewhere. It looks as soon DL will be really dead and if it dies ,I'm coming to pl , i would rather be with 100 loyal people then a 1000 that will jump to the next thing that glitters , I have tried all and its not for me at all , well just wanted to send my respect to the LOYAL pl players ,keep it real guys and gals

AvidLegend
01-20-2014, 01:09 AM
PL welcomes you MR.GEE

Energizeric
01-20-2014, 02:26 AM
Man I have so much respect for you loyal pl ,players and believe this the developers do to ,Sam took his time to address a issue with you guys .rather we agree with it or not he kept it real, also I'm glad to see there are still people that care for pl , as for me my first game was SL,and was forced to move to dl ,well cuz mostly everyone from SL ,and now DL are going elsewhere. It looks as soon DL will be really dead and if it dies ,I'm coming to pl , i would rather be with 100 loyal people then a 1000 that will jump to the next thing that glitters , I have tried all and its not for me at all , well just wanted to send my respect to the LOYAL pl players ,keep it real guys and gals

Just a FYI, but my guild in AL is mostly former SL players who were members of a guild over there called Vengeance. I never played SL and had been a PL player, but I just ended up becoming buddies with many of them and joined their Vengeance guild in AL. Then that guild later fell apart and we now have a new guild called "The Old Gang".

But while there are many former SL, DL and PL players in AL, I think most of them are entirely new to STG games. I think it's foolish to think that anyone in any game is more loyal than anyone else. Even those still in PL originally played some other game before PL even existed. When one game dies, you move on. What makes a game fun is only 50% the game itself, and the other 50% is the community. When the community dies, even a game that is good will become boring.

MR.GEE
01-20-2014, 04:48 AM
Welll to me its more like 90 percent of the game that makes it fun ,also to me the community dies ,when the game gets neglected and there is nothing new.Maybe to you socializing is a big part of your experience , but that's not for me . My first intentions is to play the game not socialize.idk I see things a bit different ,I can give you 101 ,WHAT IFs , the developers could of done ,to keep there players in there former games they left ,just like why most of the people left SL, why the developers did not want to give us a new lvl cap ,but from the kindness of cinco ,a new lvl cap was done ,yes he did it on his own time ,however a lot of former SL players felt it was just a remake of all the other lvl with the same insects from a lvl 12 map to kill ,there was nothing new , yes I know its a no stims map ,but that's what they felt. Also during that time Al came out pl and DL both got updates. I play DL now do I expect an update no I don't . Do I feel its wrong for the developers to neglect there customers ,yes I do . But its there games they do as they feel they have too. Also I like I said ,I would rather fight with someone who I know has my back (loyalty) then ride with some that will jump ship the moment something new comes out, and maybe pl players played a other game before pl came out ,but what fact does that change about the current state ? nothing at all there still being loyal ,just read the 9 pages before this one and tell them its foolish to be loyal for a game

Extreme
01-20-2014, 05:06 AM
Man.. I just realized PL helped me through many Ups and downs, especially when I lost my Grandpa.. Thank you Mr. Gee, made me realize what PL means to me.

Jig
01-20-2014, 05:18 AM
Man.. I just realized PL helped me through many Ups and downs, especially when I lost my Grandpa.. Thank you Mr. Gee, made me realize what PL means to me.

Getting offa helps to

Stay strong my friend, I'm sure your Grandpa was a great man!

Kiwihawk
01-20-2014, 06:30 AM
I was kinda thinking (if nones said it) maybe you can search up sellers names in Cs

angeldawn
01-20-2014, 09:45 AM
The crown of persistence was released as an item that showed you had the persistence to make it to the next level of the Balefort sewers 56 cap, but that cap was only a few months long and required less xp. This cap has made us persist through hellish PvP, hellish PvE (literally and figuratively, 1 year of no major updates, and all the crap from hackers and scammers.

IMO, there was a relatively low amount of persistence in most areas (not levels) of the game back then compared to what we have to persist right now.

Actually, the xp needed for 55-56 was over 100k. It's more than it is today. Additionally, there where no thrashers around, no free daily elixirs, no daily blessings and no xp anywhere. So sewers cap was a tough cap!! Esp with no elixir!!

Argyros
01-20-2014, 10:02 AM
Actually, the xp needed for 55-56 was over 100k. It's more than it is today. Additionally, there where no thrashers around, no free daily elixirs, no daily blessings and no xp anywhere. So sewers cap was a tough cap!! Esp with no elixir!!

Actually that is incorrect. It took 83k xp to level from 55-56 in the sewers cap. :/ Thanks Whirlz for the pic.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/yra3uba3.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

floats
01-20-2014, 10:43 AM
To hear all our requests and complains and just bother to write it all down. I really appreciate it. Thanks sam!

angeldawn
01-20-2014, 11:29 AM
Actually that is incorrect. It took 83k xp to level from 55-56 in the sewers cap. :/ Thanks Whirlz for the pic.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/yra3uba3.jpg

I stand corrected. Maybe it was Nuri that was over 100k.

83k still doesn't make it an easy cap without the benefits we had at later caps.

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 11:46 AM

It was ~85k xp and the mobs didn't take a century to kill, but still, it isn't so much irony from the cap comparison, it's irony because of the persistence it takes to make with what we have (a boring set of missions that take forever to complete).

I do agree that the sewers cap was harder, but difficulty isn't the whole of persistence.

Argyros
01-20-2014, 11:49 AM
I stand corrected. Maybe it was Nuri that was over 100k.

83k still doesn't make it an easy cap without the benefits we had at later caps.

It was ~85k xp and the mobs didn't take a century to kill.

Angel,
The xp for for nuris, according to assomers was 100,590 xp. Practically the same as right now haha. 590xp wasn't to much extra I don't think lol. My resource- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35780-Advancement-Curve-Changes-for-Level-61

Also, according to whirlz (again)- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?35858-A-Complete-Guide-to-Nuri-s-Hallow-Campaign!
Xp/gold elixirs were already implemented in nuris.

Roberto,
It was 83k, if you are able to read a few posts above lol.

Oldcoot
01-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Seams like I remember xp elixirs in sewers

Fusionstrike
01-20-2014, 01:28 PM

I think xp elixirs were first introduced near the end of sewers cap if I remember correctly.

Roberto077
01-20-2014, 01:57 PM
Roberto,
It was 83k, if you are able to read a few posts above lol.

I'm too lazy.

Actually no, I have exams this week so I'm only reading posts in my "Notifications" section.

Suentous PO
01-20-2014, 02:08 PM

Even before plat lixers there was the gold bought ones, which is why I didn't cap then.

lilgangster
01-21-2014, 12:17 AM
I truly understand where you are coming from, but the problem I still see even after reading this thread. Is the fact that I (and I am for sure not the only one) had quit PL for awhile, came back and capped at BSM thought I would start PL again so I buy 523 plat (that's my total right now, not what I had before all the thrash to cap) but come to find it was pointless, what made it worse is I dont feel there was really a "heads up" about no expansion coming out. I was planning to cap pretty soon, but come to find I spent my money, on a game I played for 3 years, later to find it was money spent for nothing. Please give me a response to help me maybe understand a little better on how to cope with this without being as frustrated as have been with spacetime.

Jig
01-21-2014, 12:50 AM
3x combo was made like 70% throughout sewers wasn't it? There where platinum combos weren't there?

AvidLegend
01-21-2014, 01:01 AM
There was platinum elixers back then

Jig
01-21-2014, 01:04 AM
Thought so, my memory is so horrible, I remember running in a group that had 3x and owned everything! Lmao

AvidLegend
01-21-2014, 03:36 AM
Thought so, my memory is so horrible, I remember running in a group that had 3x and owned everything! Lmao

Same here I powered through sewers lol but even then it was a slow grind

Edinou
01-21-2014, 04:16 AM
Oh now Sam, we need a new expension.... :'(

fourleaf
01-21-2014, 07:38 AM
they were but most people didn't accept the huge plat costs of them at first, which is why for many it was over 100k of todays xp
I sure didn't have to gold to even buy those elixirs. Imagine 80k times 6(thrasher+weeklong).
I realise some people have done that this cap and many congrats for that, the vast majority have not.
Also it seems like nuris was like 103k?
regardless of how small the difference, the point is 15 levels ago the xp was more than now? Ofcourse if they kept scaling the elite xp I think 76 would have been around 180k xp

Rushorgtfo
01-21-2014, 07:50 AM
Yes elixirs were in 56 cap but for gold only and not nearly as good as a boost we get now. From experience 56 cap took longer than these caps. How I know? Well I hit 56 first.

LEVEL ONE
01-21-2014, 09:20 AM
Yes elixirs were in 56 cap but for gold only and not nearly as good as a boost we get now. From experience 56 cap took longer than these caps. How I know? Well I hit 56 first.

You'll get yourself banned.

Jig
01-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Woaaaaahhhh NUP who cares about if there where bloody elixirs in sewers or not this is not the bloody situation ya nubs! And rush is right also, these days flooding with 2x exp weekly, 4x thrasher all the dailies all stacking, just for 100k, yet sewers has 1.5's and for gold money from farming. not plat, and back then no daily, no weekly, just hardcore no elixir or gold elixir 1.5's, try it this cap, I know I did 75% every single cap because I do not ever buy any platinum anymore. Many reasons why -_-

NOW that is over, back to .. What the hell are we meant to be discussing ?

gibol1412
01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
I would like to see a chance for upgrade in quest elite weapons l.71 from dragonet quest from previous map "Fire Forest" to level 75 that they will can do set with l.75 crafted armors and helms for all characters. And of course new level cap. And please don't end this game.
Best Regards and thank You Sam for thread. Greetings for everyone.

Btw. The game is not dead:

Xyzther
01-21-2014, 03:11 PM

Lol I remember watching pl news YouTube channel and you were featured on one episode for capping

skrapicoco
01-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Sam here's some thoughts

Make exp 200k to cap

Make elixir double the price or more and lower the chances of combos specially X3 for 70+

I'm sure a lot of plat spender will still buy it

fourleaf
01-21-2014, 04:52 PM
such bes
#firsteliteplayerevah!

Pieman5000
01-21-2014, 05:18 PM
Thank you very much sam. I have been playing pocket legends for several years now and I really hope this game gets updated

Argyros
01-21-2014, 05:49 PM

Wait, so you are thelonearcher? K thought he was banned? :confused:

IGN Storm
01-21-2014, 05:54 PM
I would like to see a chance for upgrade in quest elite weapons l.71 from dragonet quest from previous map "Fire Forest" to level 75 that they will can do set with l.75 crafted armors and helms for all characters. And of course new level cap. And please don't end this game.
Best Regards and thank You Sam for thread. Greetings for everyone.

Btw. The game is not dead:

Zomg, ~20ppl, def not dead

AvidLegend
01-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Sam know your busy but some responses and input would help prevent this thread from continual derailment

Xyzther
01-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Wait, so you are thelonearcher? K thought he was banned? :confused:

He was banned, he made a new account. His bird is Iamtla

Argyros
01-21-2014, 10:01 PM
He was banned, he made a new account. His bird is Iamtla

Eh OK, was rushorgtfo renamed to imtla?

Jig
01-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Sam know your busy but some responses and input would help prevent this thread from continual derailment

Patience young one, sam wise will come when he has info

Hercules1990
01-22-2014, 02:43 PM
As long as Pocket Legends isn't shut down I'm good. I played Star to cap and it was fun. Arcane blows, flat out in my opinion. Just don't close my game! This is at the request of one of your biggest supporters! I spent tons of money on plat before I left and came back. Love you STS. Just remember who made you.

Jig
01-23-2014, 04:07 AM
As long as Pocket Legends isn't shut down I'm good. I played Star to cap and it was fun. Arcane blows, flat out in my opinion. Just don't close my game! This is at the request of one of your biggest supporters! I spent tons of money on plat before I left and came back. Love you STS. Just remember who made you.

Lol oh god what are you doing >.< how did you make them lel

fourleaf
01-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Lol oh god what are you doing >.< how did you make them lel
Lord Hercules forged Spacetime in the fires of Mount Olympus.
I think he means just Pocket Legends players in general. If it had not been supported by original players, there's no way they would be here with AL today.

Aveea
01-23-2014, 08:11 AM
I just Re-made Aveea AGAIN on AL, thought I would give it another shot. I just can't get into it!
I'm gonna try to log in everyday for a few minutes over the next few days to give it a fair shot, but man...my time there is quite boring.

Jig
01-23-2014, 08:20 AM
I just Re-made Aveea AGAIN on AL, thought I would give it another shot. I just can't get into it!
I'm gonna try to log in everyday for a few minutes over the next few days to give it a fair shot, but man...my time there is quite boring.

What do you expect your starting the game fresh? Go and start fresh on PL no gold nothing just lvl up.

Caiahar
01-23-2014, 09:39 AM
What do you expect your starting the game fresh? Go and start fresh on PL no gold nothing just lvl up.

At least there are plenty of "newbies" that always help. In AL nobody helps me >_<

All for one, and one for all.

Hercules1990
01-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah I just meant PL in general.

fourleaf
01-23-2014, 03:41 PM
I don't think I have made it through a whole map without my whole team leaving in AL

Jig
01-23-2014, 07:09 PM
You can easily solo maps so easy, as people leave the map gets easier and easier, then fight to the boss and remake..

Aveea
01-23-2014, 07:27 PM
You can easily solo maps so easy, as people leave the map gets easier and easier, then fight to the boss and remake..
Meh, I'd rather run w a team. But I appreciate the info.

Jig
01-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Meh, I'd rather run w a team. But I appreciate the info.

It's better to run with a team of course, but good luck finding one xD

fourleaf
01-24-2014, 07:39 AM
I get that, but solo defeats the point of it being an MMO.

Xyzther
01-24-2014, 07:56 AM

Not if you're me

Jig
01-24-2014, 09:50 AM

You don't solo the whole time lvl up....

Crashy
01-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Another post:
Ideas for updates.

-cs in guild hall
-tradeable pets
-anyone else have ideas?

C'mon sts!
Let's have a pvp balance update/something like all these awesome ideas above!
Gotta work and have a little pvp balance every week or add something cool like the ideas above soon.
Hope you respond back soon and hopefully these ideas and the pvp balance will be ASAP!
Thanks.

Jig
01-24-2014, 07:48 PM
C'mon sts!
Let's have a pvp balance update/something like all these awesome ideas above!
Gotta work and have a little pvp balance every week or add something cool like the ideas above soon.
Hope you respond back soon and hopefully these ideas and the pvp balance will be ASAP!
Thanks.

I guess it's not easy for them right now.. they're to busy preparing for AL new cap, give them some time, we are in for the long wait..

Xyzther
01-24-2014, 07:53 PM
C'mon sts!
Let's have an update
Thanks.

I agree

veiaflita
01-26-2014, 01:16 PM
I'm relatively new to PL, have been playing for a little over a year. This is my first mmo and it's been a great experience, TY. I understand that a company needs to invest time and money in those areas that provide the greatest return. I really have nothing new to add to the discussion except my perspective, being a comparatively new player. All of these points have been brought up previously.

From where I'm sitting though(and I am sure that this experience is magnified in longer-term players), there's nothing to do now. Farming is dismal at the moment. I'm not sure what's up with the drop rate in slayer.... ? Elixers don't seem to help, and they should...

I've been working on my PVP, I'm getting better :) Working on my PVP with my friends that is, in locked games. I am full well aware though that once I enter the world of public PVP, it does not matter how finely I've honed my skills, the longer-term players have an advantage that I cannot have, the 2 or 3 piece ring. This is a frustration that I've heard repeatedly. I am all for awarding seniority, faith to the game..., but that award should be in the form of some vanity, not a permanent boost in stats. Otherwise what do the newer players have to strive for? People a VERY frustrated with this. So I second(3rd, 4th, 5th) the suggestion that newer players have a way to get those rings.

There are lots of other suggestions that I agree with that would not cost stg a lot of $ to implement that would definitely keep us interested. New quests, no new maps needed. Perhaps more random spawnings of bosses in different maps, for the surprise factor. Vlod in sewers???!!! Ya know? Stuff like that. And they could drop rare items particular to that random spawn. That would be cool. Add some excitement. I love it when Vix spawns in caves :) Gurgox in Forest Haven!!! lol :)

I've also read other suggestions elsewhere that would certainly keep things interesting. We should be able to buy items for our guild halls. How about picture frames, we need a pic of our master in GH. ??? lol. Hot tub, pool table, wet bar, dart board. A bottomless pit. A guillotine? I realize that some of these things would cost $ to make as they would be interactive, but some static items could be implemented. Statues, pictures, heck, potted plants. We need to gussy up the place!

One of the greatest things about PL is the sense of community and being able to decorate or customize your home(GH) within the game would be a lot of fun. And it would certainly add to your coffers.

And yeah, some new quests. Long, IDC. Give me something to strive for.

Make more plat maps, I'd pay! With decent drop rates of course:)

And, thank you. I've had a lot of fun playing this game. I've met some wonderful people and enjoyed it immensely. I'm finally sorta good at it and I don't want it to end. I wish that I had been around for all of it's history when new expansions happened, that must have been very exciting. !!!

Since that's not going to happen at the moment though, there are ways to enhance the game as it is. Great community, great ideas. Thanks:)

Engelhard
01-26-2014, 04:19 PM
It was a good run. Had a lot of fun while it lasted. Thanks STS

Crashy
01-27-2014, 01:26 AM
Hope they're working on it and reply back soon.

Bryan Veal
01-27-2014, 02:10 AM
Come out with a version for kindle fire with all ur games not just PL and i would be happy i been wantimg to try ur other games but i cant get them on kimdle fire

Jig
01-27-2014, 04:37 AM
Come out with a version for kindle fire with all ur games not just PL and i would be happy i been wantimg to try ur other games but i cant get them on kimdle fire

You can't play AL, or SL and DL on your kindle fire?!?!

Alhuntrazeck
01-27-2014, 04:58 AM

I play AL often, PL n BD n BC almost never on my fire. The apps aren't in the Appstore. You need to download the APKs.

Schnitzel
01-27-2014, 06:33 PM
I dont think getting a new cap will solve much...

If the lvl cap is raised, many people will just buy elixers and get to 81, do a few quests, and they are back to how they were during 76cap...(asking for another cap)

If we get the 81 cap, and on that cap, no elixers are allowed, people will still get to lvl81 in a few days...

I suggest we have a few Minigames ( "http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?135075-Pocket-Legends-Needs-Minigames") (Credits to Snowfu for thinking of that)

GreenTing
01-27-2014, 07:17 PM
I think people stopped playing is because of the lack of new content. Everything is being reused, and the new characters were a disappointment as you can tell, the more popular classes are still the Mage and Archer.
I just wish STS would do something about the elixirs, like for the 7000 gold 1.5x combo for 5mins. I wish you can buy more and extend the time.. Who likes repurchasing something every 5 mins when the game is in SUPER HI-PACED mode. I also wish we would stop getting 1.25x experience 24hr elixirs for of 76's.
How about coming out with more SETS, like for the Mage, make a L75/76 Fire/Ice/Lightning set. OR even relic set, where it's very hard to obtain it (special dungeon where we farm Relic money to trade/purchase special relics for your character.)
-I hope to see improvements in the near future!

25thninja
01-27-2014, 08:55 PM
Maybe there could be a idea thread or contest that a certain team of developers could check and all the players who wanted could give explanation and detail about the next update to help out? Although that doesnt quite help financially...