PDA

View Full Version : Pets on Pocket Legends!

lce
11-23-2010, 05:45 PM
Have you ever wanted a pet to fight by your side?

Well I have an idea that can make everyone happy. Simply purchasing types of pets which can be a fighting pet or just a simple display to show to your friends?

You can order your fighting pet to attack the monster in the dungeon or maybe lvl them up and learn new skills. There can be many types of pets such as tigers, pandas, dogs or even dragons. You can buy these pets in the shops for gold but if you want to buy a better stronger pet you may want to spend some platinum.

I think this is a great idea for those who enjoy MMO's

Thank you!:cool:

Royce
11-23-2010, 05:48 PM
Pets have been planned for some time. It was even on the roadmap back when we had one. Not sure if we'll see them any time soon, but the devs know people want them, and there are several threads already in suggestions and feedback on the topic.

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 05:49 PM
It is? But we're all animals. Kinda weird animals having pets. Or will we have pet humans? ;)

Royce
11-23-2010, 05:56 PM
It is? But we're all animals. Kinda weird animals having pets. Or will we have pet humans? ;)

FYI humans are mammals, animals too ;)

RedRyder
11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
we probably wont be having any pets for several more months lol. banned merc with a mouth ;) make a deadpool char. for kicks :)

edit: 555th post ;)

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 05:57 PM
I want a pet goldfish to live in my OL helm :)

Royce
11-23-2010, 05:59 PM
I want a pet goldfish to live in my OL helm :)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9485-Add-fishies-to-the-Overlords-Helmet-of-the-Void

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 06:03 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?9485-Add-fishies-to-the-Overlords-Helmet-of-the-Void

Lol so there's already high demand for this, Eh?

lce
11-23-2010, 06:04 PM
haha, I would like a wolf running next to me :P

TheLaw
11-23-2010, 11:09 PM
I think pets would do great, there should be like a few types of specific types. Something like assisting in:

1. Combat -- can wear armor and weapons = New Forging Place?
2. Healer/ Spellcaster -- No mages? Fear no More! These pets can heal you with pots! And also cast some nasty spells!
3. Health/ Mana Potion Generator? -- As the name says. (No more ideas)

These pets have levels too, the more levels, the more skills! Hope this comes into consideration.

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 11:47 PM
There was an mmorpg that was based almost completely around pets -- one class was a beastmaster and was the only class that could catch them (and then sell them to others). Sorta like Pokemon. I forgot the name of the game tho. Anyone else play it?

Lesrider
11-24-2010, 12:11 AM
Ok I just found the name -- Fairyland lol. Yeah dumb name, but decent game. Looks like it still exists, too.
http://fairyland.lagernet.com/
The same company made a pirate game later. Perhaps some ideas can be taken from these -- they're also simple in design, but had so much to do to keep the players busy (crafts, etc). Catching beasts would definitely give people something to do, but there are other simple things to add as well.

AhLiap
11-24-2010, 12:02 PM
ya back in the days when i was on ultima online, there's a skill for taming wild animals to your pets. the tamers can tame wild animals to be your royal pets. the pets have stats which can be trained up thru killing mobs. and its so cool to have 3-4 dragons with my tamers and they kill super fast not until later it was nerfed to 1 pet per tamer

Lesrider
11-24-2010, 12:42 PM
I would totally go for a pet dragon!

Royce
11-24-2010, 12:49 PM
I want my elf to be able to keep pet avians and ursans. It only makes sense hierarchically speaking...

Pwnage502
12-29-2011, 10:54 PM
It's more than a year later now and combat pets haven't been implemented. This thread, and its ideas, are dead.

NECROREAPER
12-29-2011, 10:58 PM
You posted to say an old, dead thread is dead?