PDA

View Full Version : Android VS Iphone

Jhawkeye
01-12-2014, 06:13 PM
Just curious. Which and why?

For me as you can probably tell I own Android. I have a galaxy s3 and I occasionally play on my Ipod when my phone is dead but I don't like it as much. My cousin has an Iphone 5c but the screen is just too small for me to play on. The s3 is the perfect size for my huge hands. To me the graphics look better on the galaxy as well but maybe that's just because it's bigger and able to show more detail.

What do you guys play on and why?

Allocate
01-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Nexus/Android all day every day.

Why? cheap, great hardware specs, fully customizable (ohh the freedom) and the screen colors are very good. I also like the size and did I mention the price?

I'd rather get two Nexus devices then one overpriced, bloated, overrated iPad.

djbigglez
01-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I play on the S3. I absolutely love it. Galaxy all day!

Vystirch
01-12-2014, 07:29 PM
Ipad 3 all day everyday. I can play 10+ hours on one battery charge. The graphics are also wonderful!

-Vys

Cero
01-12-2014, 07:31 PM
S3 and ipad2

Both are ok but i play better on my ipad.
It has bigger screen and im used to it.
Also i dont get call or text interruption.

Spyce
01-12-2014, 07:41 PM
S3, iPhone 5, and Kindle Fire.

I usually use all 3 at once, lol.

Energizeric
01-12-2014, 07:55 PM
I want to get the iPad mini...it seems like the perfect size for gaming.

As for iOS vs. Android, that is just personal preference. I've always used Macs because of certain software I use for work that is only available for mac, so I keep everything Apple so that it all syncs together and I have all of my files and info available on all of my devices without having to copy stuff back and forth. For someone who uses google's ecosystem, I suppose Android would provide the same benefits.

There doesn't seem to be any difference in gaming between iOS and Andriod other than screen size, and that varies by device.

programmed
01-13-2014, 07:10 AM
I use both a Nexus 7 and an IPod. I prefer the android. They both have good graphics but I like the bigger screen. And when you're someone with sucky Internet, android is definitely the way to go. IOS takes higher bandwidth so when you're someone with a bandwidth that isn't big enough you constantly lose wifi because it can't connect. Found this out the hard way thinking I've wanted an iPod for a long while and spent years worth of money I saved up then it didn't work with my bandwidth and I couldn't return it. Then last week i bought a nexus and its perfect.

MetalForce
01-13-2014, 07:14 AM
There's only 2 differences between apple and android.
1: apple is hands-down more expensive
2: you don't need to root/jail break android

These days google and apple have the same syncing capabilities, so your just choosing which company you prefer to be your Overlord. And I say you don't need to root an android because you don't. You can install 3rd party app by default and you can torrent from your android, to your android. If you bought an android that won't allow you to install 3rd party apps, you bought the wrong android.
The main thing that confuses ppl imo is that apple has a standard that their devices have to meet, while any company can make a phone/tablet and run android OS. This floods the market with crap devices that exist only because they're cheap, not because their worth it. Just look at the specs of an iphone or ipad, then search for a android with same specs or better. Should be a little cheaper, but if its a lot cheaper, its probably because its a cheap (meaning crappy) device

Schnitzel
01-13-2014, 06:10 PM
I have iPad 2 and samsung GS3

i dont like my gs3...
Summary of reason: GS3 takes a while to load apps, then it preinstalls apps i dont need, and waste my 16gb of storage :/

Jhawkeye
01-13-2014, 07:51 PM
S3, iPhone 5, and Kindle Fire.

I usually use all 3 at once, lol.

No wonder them kik replies be so fast lol

I have iPad 2 and samsung GS3

i dont like my gs3...
Summary of reason: GS3 takes a while to load apps, then it preinstalls apps i dont need, and waste my 16gb of storage :/

My S3 never preinstalls apps, and I still have like 13 of my 16gb lol

Schnitzel
01-13-2014, 10:10 PM
No wonder them kik replies be so fast lol

My S3 never preinstalls apps, and I still have like 13 of my 16gb lol

Plz tell me how you got android to not give you preloaded stuffs

Jhawkeye
01-13-2014, 10:13 PM
Ohhhhhh sry I misread that lol no the preinstalled apps are on there. But you can root it (I wouldn't advise because I don't know how to) and take them off.
Also I just ignore them. They only use like half a gig for me.

Jig
01-14-2014, 03:41 AM
There's only 2 differences between apple and android.
1: apple is hands-down more expensive
2: you don't need to root/jail break android

These days google and apple have the same syncing capabilities, so your just choosing which company you prefer to be your Overlord. And I say you don't need to root an android because you don't. You can install 3rd party app by default and you can torrent from your android, to your android. If you bought an android that won't allow you to install 3rd party apps, you bought the wrong android.
The main thing that confuses ppl imo is that apple has a standard that their devices have to meet, while any company can make a phone/tablet and run android OS. This floods the market with crap devices that exist only because they're cheap, not because their worth it. Just look at the specs of an iphone or ipad, then search for a android with same specs or better. Should be a little cheaper, but if its a lot cheaper, its probably because its a cheap (meaning crappy) device

Apple seems more simple compared to windows and there stuff, I'm not trying to say it's hard to use, I am simply saying, apple seems more neat and simple.

For me:
IOS, they're clean, beautiful, and simple, easy to use.

I own a iPad 4 iPad 1 which now has a smashed screen, an iPhone 4g, and used to have an iPod 2g..

We have an iMac as a family computer

Apple ftw!

SayCreed
01-16-2014, 11:17 AM
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Siri-Swear-trick-kid-UK-Conventry,14409.html

Remember this.

programmed
01-16-2014, 12:44 PM

Remember this.

Wow that bully iPhone O.o

Jig
01-16-2014, 11:25 PM

Remember this.

See this is why apple is better xD

Spyce
01-16-2014, 11:57 PM
See this is why apple is better xD

Siri is an Apple product..

Jig
01-17-2014, 12:49 AM
Siri is an Apple product..

Thats my point? O.o?

Schnitzel
01-17-2014, 01:39 AM
I'd replace the S Voice (Samsung equivalent of Siri) with Siri if i could...

Maunyabastian
01-17-2014, 04:00 AM
You guys should try Samsung Galaxy Note III - best Samsung's product IMO.

Nagin
01-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Note 3 is a BBBBEEEEAAAAASSSSTTT!!!!!

Maximim
01-17-2014, 10:02 AM
I own both an apple product and an Android. I use my ipad2 for gaming and i own an LG phone. Both have their own issues but, Android products are better in my opinion.

Jig
01-17-2014, 10:29 AM
Its alll your personal opinions, :) android could be better, but apple is seems more popular for some reasons

SayCreed
01-17-2014, 10:35 AM
Remember when apple sued Samsung bes

Jig
01-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Remember when apple sued Samsung bes

Remember when apple was the first to make the iPads, the all these droid pads came out O.o

Zorin
01-20-2014, 06:47 AM
Remember when Apple was based off Linux, oh wait.

Remember when Android was based off Linux, oh wait.

Actually it was Microsoft who were the first to make tablets (iPads). The only problem was timing, no one was ready for tablets: History of tablet computers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tablet_computers#Early_tablets)

Your mind = blown!

SayCreed
01-20-2014, 11:12 AM
Remember when apple was the first to make the iPads, the all these droid pads came out O.o

ehm.Lemme think of more apple drama .
Idk why but when I'm bored I always read locked threads from 2010

Nagin
01-20-2014, 11:27 AM
At current market androids like note 3 and lg g2 owns iphone s c...

Jig
01-21-2014, 12:52 AM
Remember when Apple was based off Linux, oh wait.

Remember when Android was based off Linux, oh wait.

Actually it was Microsoft who were the first to make tablets (iPads). The only problem was timing, no one was ready for tablets: History of tablet computers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tablet_computers#Early_tablets)

Your mind = blown!

Yep, apple made them first though :)

Jig
01-21-2014, 12:53 AM
ehm.Lemme think of more apple drama .
Idk why but when I'm bored I always read locked threads from 2010

Cry moar apple is bes