PDA

View Full Version : level 41 mythics

dantus
01-13-2014, 07:04 AM
I've heard some discussion about upgrading the mythic armor/helm set and would like to express my opinion.

I think there should be new level 41 mythic jewelry, armor, helm and weapon released with 41 cap.
I think the old mythic armor set should be again upgradable as well as a new set released (same stats and model).
The upgrade quest should take much longer and much more difficult than the 36 upgrade did, and should make the new set, again bound and untradable. Upon release of 41 cap the old mythic armor set should be in unlootable in locked crates, only loot able in the perspective elite gold chests (rendering this content viable to farm in level 41 cap). The quest could include quest items that are rare drops from elite bosses, after collecting say 3 of these the quest items would need to be upgraded to make 1 superior quest item. (with a similar chance as a Super gem). In both the armor and helm you would need a superior quest item to upgrade. This would make the quest both difficult and time consuming and allow for some plat spending to buy timers. Let's say this to takes a non plat user 30+ days to achieve this would give the plat users an edge, keep the new tradable 41 armor set valuable and leave many with something to do while also farming for jewelry and new weapons. I think this solution would please both sides of the fence. Please feel free to leave feedback;)

Route 1-lvl 41 mythic armor and helm lootable only in locked crates of the Grand watch (tradable)

Route 2- level 26 helm and 31 armor lootable only in elite Golden pirate chests and elite Golden warchest. Upgrade both to level 36 mythic items. Obtain quest to upgrade mythic helm from level 36 to level 41. Farm 3 quest items from elite bosses in shuyal and new maps (similar drop rate as say Malison egg).Once 3 quest items are obtained craft them into 1 superior quest item (similar odds as a Super gem) take superior quest item to quest giver, helm remains untradable equivalent to lvl 41 mythic helm. Rinse and repeat for the armor.

Morholt
01-13-2014, 03:03 PM
Route 2 still sounds way easier and faster than farming 20 million gold for each armor & helm. Meaning seeing people running around in mythic gear would be more common than should be.

People need to chill out with this stuff. Their lvl 36 mythic items are still going to be quite good--a little better than the lvl 41 elite pinks.

This all together sounds awesome. There won't be a huge gap between players anymore, with the exception of a few very rare players sporting a 41 mythic--and the extremely rare sight of a player with more than one lvl 41 mythic items.

Striderevil
01-14-2014, 06:18 PM
1000 mythic armor is barely enough on Mage, with new mobs and increased leveled bosses mages will get annihilated.

Morholt
01-14-2014, 11:06 PM
1000 mythic armor is barely enough on Mage, with new mobs and increased leveled bosses mages will get annihilated.Fear not.
If that is indeed the case, the lvl 36 armor and helm will be buffed. Early in this season, ALL of lvl 31 mythic weapons were buffed to make them properly placed in the game in relation to elite lvl 36 legendary gear. Even the arcane hooks were adjusted.

The lvl 36 mythic gear won't be upgraded to an entire lvl cap higher, but they could always be buffed (that is, if sts feels to mage is too weak to take a hit). But honestly...with the exception of elite boss wind up attacks...a mage can withstand things in this game without even wearing the current mythic gear. A good pve mage shouldn't even get hit very often. This isn't a hack & slash, button masher character here. You have to constantly position yourself & use your skills at the right moments.

Striderevil
01-15-2014, 01:03 PM
You're right however, when you root a group of squids in mariners reef and they have their guns pointed at you, you'll be too busy potting and waiting for your pet to finish the job lol. Their crit hits are pretty bad and if 4 or more have red cones pointed at you and your not in a shield or hp is little less than 100% or you are targeting another target its insta kill.

Ofcourse mages rely more on the fact that we kill much faster than the time it takes for a mob to shoot. But if a war decides to pull a lot together mages need to stay real far

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Instanthumor
01-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Let's say this to takes a non plat user 30+ days to achieve

Your thoughts are fine, except for this one. 30 days is just too much.

Asphiroth
01-15-2014, 07:07 PM
My suggestion would be to keep the lvl 41 mythic items entirely separate from the lvl 36 mythic items (no quest to upgrade them). Have these drop from the crates just like the past seasons' mythic items and allow them to be traded. Because the people who've acquired mythic items in those past seasons + the people who've acquired mythic items this season are able to have the same mythic items. There are too many people running around in lvl 36 armor sets, but i dont see very many with actual lvl 36 mythic weapons because there were no upgrade quests for the weapons. Mythics are supposed to be among the rarest items in the game (second only to arcanes), and so when nearly 10-20% of all lvl 36 players have the best gear in the game, there really are no hard-to-get items. If an upgrade quest were to have been added in this expansion, the people who have mythics now would be able to get next season's mythics in addition to the people who will buy/loot mythics next season. The mythics wont be so uncommon anymore.

Striderevil
02-04-2014, 05:48 PM
There are easily over 20,000 people in game. Mythics are still rare. Looting new mythics serves no purpose other than making people spend more. Also new items and even rarer arcane stuff will have been released like pets, weapons etc.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Hiosahaf
02-05-2014, 11:26 AM
We all know that Arcane gear was supposed to last 3 seasons while Mythic gear was supposed to last just 2 seasons.
(Well of course by that logic the current mythic gear shouldn't be upgraded)
So my question to you is, if STS gave this logic, then why are the lvl 26 helms still in use till lvl 36?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Shadowcreeper234
03-31-2014, 08:07 AM
We all know that Arcane gear was supposed to last 3 seasons while Mythic gear was supposed to last just 2 seasons.
(Well of course by that logic the current mythic gear shouldn't be upgraded)
So my question to you is, if STS gave this logic, then why are the lvl 26 helms still in use till lvl 36?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Exactly