PDA

View Full Version : Feedback: menu change

Nightarcher
11-23-2010, 07:21 PM
I know this has been out for awhile, but I finally decided to make this thread.

The new menu style. The old way, particularly that of browsing items in the Plat Store and in NPC stores, was easy to use and fast to see what you wanted.

However, in my opinion, the new menu is HORRIBLE. The worst it could be! Here's why:

--

Say I want to go check out some dandy cowboy hats in the plat store. Well, for one, it seems the responsiveness of sliding vertically through the store is half of what it should be. And when trying to browse and sliding multiple times to make it go faster, accidentally pressing back all the time is living hell.

Second, pressing the title to go back is confusing, and impossible to get the hang of. And the back arrow at the top of the screen that used to be around where you went back in older versions now exits the inventory, where I have to do the whole thing over again. And to switch between viewing, say, cowboy hats and headphones, you have to back and select the other option instead of pressing the over arrows for the subcategory like it previously was.

Lastly, why did you take the pictures away from the menus? In the old menu, there was a list of the items, and when you highlighted it it showed us wearing it and its cost and all that good stuff. But now, each picture of the item is separate, and you have to select each item individually and go back and select another to view. It makes comparing looks and stats a nightmare, and did I mention the responsiveness is already terrible?

--

Now, this is NOT a rant. This is feedback, and constructive criticism. I really dislike the new navigation, not necessarily the look, but how much harder it is to do simple tasks.

The old menu system and look was just fine, and if it's not broken... Don't fix. :)

Arterra
11-23-2010, 09:20 PM
yes, getting the tankers ale for overlord is nigh impossible in a hurry, as i have to actually use my thumb twice to avoid clicking the backwards button up top... just annoying really. arrows would be better, and if they were an issue make them bigger for big fingers.

smoae
11-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes old store layout was wayyy better

Lesrider
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Agreed! I looked at one or two things in the shop and gave up.

And the mirror is the same way -- the old menu would have let you compare the different looks easily. But now you can only see one at a time. Incredibly frustrating way to shop. So I don't bother.

Nightarcher
11-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Bump! I want Spacetime to see this and change it. ;)

P.S. What if I said... Pretty please!

superglut2
11-25-2010, 03:58 AM
the old menu looked really really crappy, i like the new interface but they should maybe make it a little faster. But i dont want to use the old crap. im glad it changed. it looked really really nooblike. No offense. Sure it was faster but it looked just bad in my opinion.

Lesrider
11-25-2010, 05:19 AM
Function first -- if they can get the new interface to work as well as the old one, then fine. But we shouldn't sacrifice function just for looks.

Nightarcher
11-26-2010, 10:06 AM
I think the simpler design of the old menu looked better, actually.

But whether or not they change that, the functionality of the Plat/NPC store system in particular should be brought back.

Nightarcher
11-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Bumpidy-bump.

smoae
11-28-2010, 02:39 PM
Hopefully devs have already seen and are fixing.

Nightarcher
12-01-2010, 06:59 PM
Bump. Again.

Nightarcher
12-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Bump. Yet again. Change please!