View Full Version : Htc evo choppy fps

supremo502
11-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Any HTC Evo users in here? Hows your FPS?

My fps is superb in lower dungeons up to open area in AO1.. It gets really choppy when I join a dungeon in AO2-3 where it is more graphic intensive, especially when 4 other people are casting their spells at the same time.

My evo is rooted.. Running Myn's ROM + Ziggy Kernel, I tried to use HTC kernel but its still the same.

I also turned off background data, i thought it worked for awhile but the fps prob is still there..

asommers
11-23-2010, 08:11 PM
The later dungeons consist of better graphics than the earlier ones and are subsequently more expensive to render. There are still more optimizations to do for those.

-ALS

supremo502
11-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Is this also the case for other android devices like droidX, droid2, samsung epic?
Its like running a timelapse version of the game lol

asommers
11-23-2010, 11:04 PM
No, something else must be wrong. It shouldn't be a slide show. My Evo runs great.

-ALS

supremo502
11-23-2010, 11:27 PM
hmm really... is your evo rooted? can u tell me what u did in settings? background data off, what else did u do?

gregory
11-26-2010, 01:06 PM
maybe you accidentally under-clocked your cpu with setcpu?

TwinkTastical
11-26-2010, 01:18 PM
You mean ping?

Feet per second... first person shooter....FUN PEOPLE ****ING =D,?!?!?!?

supremo502
11-30-2010, 08:40 AM
maybe you accidentally under-clocked your cpu with setcpu?

nope. i dont use setcpu or that kind of app.. im just playing on my 4th gen ipod touch atm.. its very smooth in the itouch. Do u ahve an evo? wat rom u running/kernel

Claypool
12-01-2010, 10:49 AM
My pings gone through the roof in the last couple days. I have an lg ally and save for a heating issue which I fixed I used to ping around 200-400 in a03:2 recently I'm pinging 400-1200 most times and once even hit 22k! I have tried 3g and using my home wifi with the same results all around.

Cabero
12-01-2010, 01:56 PM
I got a HTC Droid Incredible and Crush the Keeper run is horrible. I turn off high quality and use WiFi also my phone is not rooted and my ping stays under 300. It's so choppy its hard to turn and every time I kill the Keeper the game crashes. Just in that run for some reason. Although I have yet to be the Overlord or do a Victory lap yet. So maybe its a HTC issue.

Edit: Rest of Alien Oasis is little choppy with high quality turned on but not to bad.

supremo502
12-03-2010, 01:40 PM
My pings gone through the roof in the last couple days. I have an lg ally and save for a heating issue which I fixed I used to ping around 200-400 in a03:2 recently I'm pinging 400-1200 most times and once even hit 22k! I have tried 3g and using my home wifi with the same results all around.

nothing wrong with my Ping, it stays at 100-200 in 3G and less than 100 in wi-fi at home.. its the FPS thats low, i think its my custom ROM. idk.

supremo502
12-03-2010, 01:43 PM
I got a HTC Droid Incredible and Crush the Keeper run is horrible. I turn off high quality and use WiFi also my phone is not rooted and my ping stays under 300. It's so choppy its hard to turn and every time I kill the Keeper the game crashes. Just in that run for some reason. Although I have yet to be the Overlord or do a Victory lap yet. So maybe its a HTC issue.

Edit: Rest of Alien Oasis is little choppy with high quality turned on but not to bad.

maybe its HTC, i dnt know. My buddy has a Dell Streak and he has the same problem when he goes to A2-A3.. Spacetime needs to optimize those zones some more so it runs smooth in other devices. For now, my iPod touch is fine, i hate the small screen tho. I may buy an iPad if they go on sale this xmas

Lysdexic
12-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Rooted Fresh (latest)

I knocked off the higher graphics, but I'm colorblind and they mess with me anyways.

I've got no problems for fps. The only significant changes I've made was I set SetCPU to performance instead of on demand. This way the cpu doesn't have to rev-up so much. Doesn't seem to kill battery any faster either.

Zeus
12-05-2010, 06:41 PM
The reason why the HTC EVO has choppy fps is because of the screen, HTC decided to use two different types of screens for the HTC EVO and one of the screen types is locked to 30 fps permanently, this may be your issue, along with the weak graphics chip of the HTC combined with the high pixel density. I believe one of the screen's that the HTC EVO has is called epson, I can't recall the other one but since one of them is locked to 30 fps, this is probably why you have laggy graphics.

Vyvin
12-05-2010, 06:48 PM
The only reason still have my iphone is PL, facebook,and Im.
when PL is out for pc im screwing the iphone.
/Vyvin

IamCoemToKillU
12-06-2010, 02:44 AM
My Samsung Galaxy S worked like a charm till hmm like 2-3 patches ago (like 2 weeks). Then it all went down. And no this isnt a slow phone

Sanatorium
12-06-2010, 03:07 AM
My stock G2 runs perfect, I haven't been to AO, but I have been to all the other dungeons including the purchasable ones. It may just be your evo, I have no problems at all.

supremo502
12-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Rooted Fresh (latest)

I knocked off the higher graphics, but I'm colorblind and they mess with me anyways.

I've got no problems for fps. The only significant changes I've made was I set SetCPU to performance instead of on demand. This way the cpu doesn't have to rev-up so much. Doesn't seem to kill battery any faster either.

I will try that

The reason why the HTC EVO has choppy fps is because of the screen, HTC decided to use two different types of screens for the HTC EVO and one of the screen types is locked to 30 fps permanently, this may be your issue, along with the weak graphics chip of the HTC combined with the high pixel density. I believe one of the screen's that the HTC EVO has is called epson, I can't recall the other one but since one of them is locked to 30 fps, this is probably why you have laggy graphics.

I dont know what screen I have but, I have the FPS unlocked to 55fps.. I have the older Evos, I got it 2 weeks after it came out..

Lysdexic
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Let me know how it turns out... I'm always itching to tinker and will try to see what else I can tweak on my Evo.

supremo502
12-12-2010, 09:43 AM
i just solved the problem by buying an iPad lol

chafedbm
01-20-2011, 10:05 AM
I am having the same problem. PL gets really choppy on my EVO in AO2. I have mine rooted running the Sprint Lovers ROM. Any one else still seeing this on their EVO?

ghostface
01-20-2011, 10:40 AM
I switched ROMs from a Samsung GT-I9000 Galaxy S rom back to a custom Captivate ROM so I could use the free platinum option and now I get lag/choppy FPS as well. The ROM I'm on does not have overclocking and while it's supposed to be super fast it bogs like crazy in the newer areas. I'll be flashing a different ROM maybe today or tomorrow to rectify this. The GT-I9000 rom ran the game smooth as butter but I couldn't use the free platinum option. Hassle to flash a different ROM just because I have so much stuff to restore afterwards. Even with the paid version of TiBU still takes awhile.

Phaded
01-20-2011, 11:06 AM
Galaxy S phone have a FPS cap on them unless your running 2.2+. Look into the VooDoo lag fix and the fps cap unlocker. Should help.

As for the EVO and DINC the culprit is most likely the snapdragon processor as the GPU on it is kinda weak. 2nd gen processors to come out will alleviate this for sure.

ghostface
01-20-2011, 03:07 PM
I am Voodoo lag-fixed. I'm getting 54.6FPS on Neocore benchmark. I've had nothing but 2.2 ROMs since the first one came out. Also since yesterday the game is almost unplayable due to ping disconnects. And it almost always happens at the most inopportune times (boss fights and/or right before one ugh).

Atila the nun
01-20-2011, 07:42 PM
I see where the ping is displayed on the screen but how can I tell what my fps is?

supremo502
01-22-2011, 12:25 PM
It doesnt say ur exact fps but u will feel if its really choppy

chafedbm
01-22-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm still getting owned by my frame rate, but I have been to lazy to flash another ROM. Any suggestions on a ROM I should try to test this?