PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreeds, the question is... TO BE, OR NOT TO BE!

Vigilant
05-04-2010, 04:14 PM
No, I didn't make this thread to ask if I should be a 1337 ninja Archer with a wand.

I made this thread for discussion, but I really want a answer from the Devs.

Will you stop crossbreeding by making bows for only archers? Staffs and wands for only Enchantresses? Swords and 2H's for only Bears?

If you patch this, you realize there will be a lot of hate.

Do you guys ever plan to stop this at all?

Hurs
05-04-2010, 04:15 PM
*cough* Crossbreds *cough*

And I think that people should do whatever they feel like doing in terms of equipment usage so long as it doesn't turn into an insta-overpowered character that could break PvP.

Vigilant
05-04-2010, 04:16 PM
I know rofl, I fixed it.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Haha :P

10char

Vigilant
05-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Haha :P

10char

So yeah,,, umm lets discuss eh.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 04:23 PM
I added some discussion material to my first post XD

But just to reiterate... don't change it unless some combination is too powerful (hence breaking PvP).

haroldiv
05-04-2010, 04:25 PM
i would really like to know this too. i realize this is an ipad/iphone game but most MMO's have 5-10 races to choose from and those generally have 3-4 class choices. with the limited ammount chars i think it is integral to let this practice continue. Even if you guys release 3 more classes it still wont be enough if they are locked to a race. it would be bland and this game is anything but bland.

Justg
05-04-2010, 04:35 PM
We very much encourage people to come up with new and crazy ways to play the game.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 04:36 PM
We very much encourage people to come up with new and crazy ways to play the game.

Nice, 'tis good to hear ^_^

Xanthia
05-04-2010, 05:07 PM

I like the crazy way to play the game, but please consider keeping it all in the confines of the class. Like for instance make archers wear only archer gear, ya know!! However, there can be a lot of loot out there so that the chances of players obtaining the exact same loot will not be possible, and also like in a post I submitted earlier that no DEV's replied to (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?985-Skill-Suggestion). If steps like this are taken, your game will then be able to attract all types of players because it will offer a good sense of stability while still allowing players to be diverse and in this day in age everyone wants to be UNIQUE. So for those far out players one can still be oneself.

King Richie
05-04-2010, 05:14 PM
I like the crazy way to play the game, but please consider keeping it all in the confines of the class. Like for instance make archers wear only archer gear, ya know!! However, there can be a lot of loot out there so that the chances of players obtaining the exact same loot will not be possible, and also like in a post I submitted earlier that no DEV's replied to (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?985-Skill-Suggestion). If steps like this are taken, your game will then be able to attract all types of players because it will offer a good sense of stability while still allowing players to be diverse and in this day in age everyone wants to be UNIQUE. So for those far out players one can still be oneself.

What i think should be done is just make the uber strong bows and all have the requirement ARCHER ONLY and vice versa with axes swords and staffs and wands !! but allow any class to use greens and oranges but keep purps and pinks to that class only !! PLEASE DEVS PLEASE WE NEED BALANCE ! BETWEEN CLASSES

Plainodd
05-04-2010, 05:16 PM
Why do that? It's actually a great way to keep players (Specially me, and others with a simillar enjoyment of games) find fun in playing through in non-traditional ways. You'll get bored eventually, so why not be unique to keep yourself happy?

Also adds a better sense of community, as two characters built in the same quirky way= Instant-Friend. (From my experience. xD)

Xanthia
05-04-2010, 05:19 PM
Why do that? It's actually a great way to keep players (Specially me, and others with a simillar enjoyment of games) find fun in playing through in non-traditional ways. You'll get bored eventually, so why not be unique to keep yourself happy?

Also adds a better sense of community, as two characters built in the same quirky way= Instant-Friend. (From my experience. xD)

I completely disagree, the only reason you should be bored is if the DEV's do not bring out good and lasting content, the game needs to get much more technical so that there will not be a chance even if gear is stuck to your respective class there will be no chance of getting boring or feeling like you are complete. This will make the game an ever ending process, what MMO's are supposed to be :) PVP will alleviate much of the issues, but will compound their rudimentary skill and armor set. The game however, is moving in the right direction, it just has a very very long way to go.

Plainodd
05-04-2010, 07:28 PM
I completely disagree, the only reason you should be bored is if the DEV's do not bring out good and lasting content, the game needs to get much more technical so that there will not be a chance even if gear is stuck to your respective class there will be no chance of getting boring or feeling like you are complete. This will make the game an ever ending process, what MMO's are supposed to be :) PVP will alleviate much of the issues, but will compound their rudimentary skill and armor set. The game however, is moving in the right direction, it just has a very very long way to go.

Well, following a cookie-cutter style like everyone else appeals to me not. There's not a single game where I don't restrict myself for fun. xD

Sorry if I come off as rude, but this subject is questioning my enjoyment of this game in general (If it were to be removed), the whole crossbreeding thing doesn't really harm anyone, it just adds some flare. Now, what COULD be done, is that like suggested before in another thread, give each class a 10% bonus to their respective weapons so they're the dominant ones of their species' weapons of choice.

Then I can be left in my little corner alone to play quirky characters. And when guilds are added, I could create "Quirky", the guild of quirky characters. I think that sounds fun. xD

Flamin
05-04-2010, 07:31 PM
This might solve the problem.

I'm all for crossbreeds but why not give archers a 10% bonus with bows, a mage a 10% bonus with staffs, and warriors a 10% bonus with swords?

Plainodd
05-04-2010, 09:08 PM
This might solve the problem.

Which I mentioned in my post, as well.

To be honest, it's the solution to all the problems with "Crossbreeding".

And then we can all be happy and you guys can have a buff out of it, and I can go through and be happy because it wont be an issue. :D

Edit: Though, it's not really an issue to ME right now. The crossbreeding I do would be considered more of a self-nerf, so the affect on me isn't a problem, as long as weapons don't become specialized.

If that ever does happen, I'll be the first punching mage.

Splurd
05-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I added some discussion material to my first post XD

But just to reiterate... don't change it unless some combination is too powerful (hence breaking PvP).

I think bow bears are going to be PVP breaking >_>

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Except that their only awesome burst is when Rage is up x.x

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 10:37 PM

If you quickly take out one of the other teams members while rage is up, then you stand a decent chance to win. Not to mention you can throw up evade and ironblood and hope rage comes back soon to take out another. If you have a warrior at you just stomp, ping pong, and then there is beckon for the runners who want to heal, ping pong.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Except that with a 5 man team, taking out one person doesn't insta-flip the tables. Enchantresses still have Resurrect and all those fun spells ^^

A good Warrior would just beckon the Bow-Bear to him and then follow it with a SMS, HS and then Stomp.

TheBaconKing
05-04-2010, 10:43 PM
Except that with a 5 man team, taking out one person doesn't insta-flip the tables. Enchantresses still have Resurrect and all those fun spells ^^

A good Warrior would just beckon the Bow-Bear to him and then follow it with a SMS, HS and then Stomp.

I guess your right.. I only ever did 3v3 in WoW never ventured to 5v5 as our 3's team was pretty decent and I was more into PVE raiding. Loosing one in 3's was a killer most of the time. Especially if it were me.. Yes I was the resto druid.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:45 PM
Oh yeah, definitely. In a 3v3, bow-bears suddenly become a lot more potent... even more so in a 2v2.

P.S: I hate playing the Resto Druid XD

Splurd
05-04-2010, 10:48 PM

aside from 10 extra defence from armour, how is a melee bear better then a bow bear. =x

I inherit all your pros and cons, except the con of range.

Hurs
05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
I don't have to look like a foo' with a bow?

But really, I do like having my extra armour and h/s. Also, you don't inherit the pros of being able to use slashes all the time... like the cool kids.

Splurd
05-04-2010, 11:52 PM
I don't have to look like a foo' with a bow?

But really, I do like having my extra armour and h/s. Also, you don't inherit the pros of being able to use slashes all the time... like the cool kids.

I can use slashes just as often as you do. ;)

Just that most stuff is dead before they walk to me. *whistles innocently*

123seeyah
05-05-2010, 02:04 AM
i love to see a change job in every class.. more like the other MMORPGs where you can choose a different path upon reaching a certain level.. where your stats and skills will be reset.. then different jobs, different skill paths..

dual-wielding avian!!!! i'd love to see that

FriedSushi
05-06-2010, 07:19 PM
nah, hybrid characters are creative, id hate to see them go.
im a lv 28 bow bear...haha

Azrael
05-06-2010, 07:24 PM
aside from 10 extra defence from armour, how is a melee bear better then a bow bear. =x

I inherit all your pros and cons, except the con of range.

If they fix auto attack problems, specifically the fact that melee auto attack isn't instant and ranged is, then 2h would be much more effective and provide larger burst damage with skills to the warrior than a bow would.
Of course in my opinion the biggest issue with this game right now is auto attack. Once pressed it should simply stay on, and the player should be in charge of moving himself to the target. With all the lag, and the buggyness of auto attack, melee warriors will have a hard time performing to their potential.