Xenobiotic
01-14-2014, 10:39 AM
I need
-Tips
-Skills
For rogue, I want to specialize in ELITE

GoodSyntax
01-14-2014, 11:13 AM
There are generally two schools of thought on pure elite Rogue builds - Blender spec (see Alrisaia's guide here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110087-Alrisaia-s-Guide-The-Razor-Shield-Blender)) or a DMG spec.

The blender spec is a devastating support Rogue but is generally reliant on good Sorcs or Tanks for crowd control and gathering. Blenders aren't really the best spec for soloing elites.

The DMG spec is a 1v1 juggernaut. High DMG, high Crit, high Dodge. They often forgo Razor (and the added Dodge bonus) for more offensive, single target attacks. The drawback is that they can be rather squishy and require a lot of movement and positioning for maximum effectiveness.

I have customized the DMG spec to add in Maximum Nox capability, mostly because I solo a lot of elite maps, and I find that the NoxBox is a very effective technique on Nordr and Shuyal elites. Really, anywhere you can group together a large number of mobs, Nox becomes insanely effective! Zuzeq has a very good discussion about the NoxBox here: Nox Box Discussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109038-The-Nox-Bolt-Box)

I prefer the following DMG oriented spec which maximizes AoE damage (well, as much as is practical for a Rogue) and it has proven to be more than effective with Legendary-only gear, so don't feel that you can only be useful as a full Mythic.

Attributes: All DEX

Skills:
Shadow Piercer (2/5): Add Shadow Absorption Upgrade
Noxious Bolt (5/5): Add all Upgrades
Aimed Shot (5/5): Add all Upgrades
Shadow Veil (4/5): All Upgrades except Combusting Decay

Passives:
5/5 Damage
5/5 Agility (DEX)
5/5 Knowledge (INT)
4/5 Might (STR)

If you are confident enough, and don't plan to solo Elite Maps beyond Dead City, I would suggest you put the Skill points from Might into Crit. This would substantially increase your overall DMG output, but leave you with approximately 200 less HP, exposing you to one-hit deaths from the dogs/Necromancers in Shuyal and the Snaggletooths/Glacians in Nordr - which will still happen anyway if you aren't careful.

Beyond the build, I suggest the following gear to Maximize your DMG (all of which are very affordable yet effective):

Weapon: Architect Quills of Brutality and Devourer Bow of Potency (Mythic Bow is also nice if you can afford it)
Helm: Tarlok Leather Wrap of Potency and Architect of Will (Dex version)
Armor: Tarlok Rainment of Potency and Architect of Will (Dex version)
Ring: Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare (Dex version with 3.1 DMG)
Amulet: Tarlok's Heart of Potency and Leprechaun Pendant (the reason for this is obvious)

Note that I include two sets, which you should have set up as three different load-outs. One for Max DMG, one for a higher HP, higher Armor build for the really difficult situations and a Lucky load out, which swaps in Leprechaun Pendant just before a boss kill. Also, note that I assume that all gear has been upgraded with Fire Gems (and if you happen to get a Grand Gem, all the better).

Pets:
Pets are kind of an individual thing, but these are the pets in my rotation.

Malison (great, well-rounded pet, useful when you need the extra HP)
Valkin (another great, well-rounded pet. Used mostly for 8% crit and mana return on Arcane ability)
Loki (don't overlook what +15% DMG does!) - I did a write up on Loki here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109281-Loki-The-overlooked-pet-for-Rogues)
Talon (great when Max DMG is needed on lower level elite maps) Be careful with Talon, you will be much squishier!
Ribbit (40% Crit for the win!)
George (100% stun!) - Useful to stun OHKO bosses like Bloodhammer, Grimnr, etc. Also there is a glitch in Overgrowth which George can expose.

As for tips, peruse the walkthroughs I have set up in our open guild group:

Elite Runners Guild Group (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?discussionid=2243&do=discuss)

I have compiled all of the well written walkthroughs I have either found or written myself in the forums. After that, it's practice, practice, practice.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to contact me if you ever need help

Kalizzaa

Xenobiotic
01-14-2014, 05:30 PM
There are generally two schools of thought on pure elite Rogue builds - Blender spec (see Alrisaia's guide here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?110087-Alrisaia-s-Guide-The-Razor-Shield-Blender)) or a DMG spec.

The blender spec is a devastating support Rogue but is generally reliant on good Sorcs or Tanks for crowd control and gathering. Blenders aren't really the best spec for soloing elites.

The DMG spec is a 1v1 juggernaut. High DMG, high Crit, high Dodge. They often forgo Razor (and the added Dodge bonus) for more offensive, single target attacks. The drawback is that they can be rather squishy and require a lot of movement and positioning for maximum effectiveness.

I have customized the DMG spec to add in Maximum Nox capability, mostly because I solo a lot of elite maps, and I find that the NoxBox is a very effective technique on Nordr and Shuyal elites. Really, anywhere you can group together a large number of mobs, Nox becomes insanely effective! Zuzeq has a very good discussion about the NoxBox here: Nox Box Discussion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109038-The-Nox-Bolt-Box)

I prefer the following DMG oriented spec which maximizes AoE damage (well, as much as is practical for a Rogue) and it has proven to be more than effective with Legendary-only gear, so don't feel that you can only be useful as a full Mythic.

Attributes: All DEX

Skills:
Shadow Piercer (2/5): Add Shadow Absorption Upgrade
Noxious Bolt (5/5): Add all Upgrades
Aimed Shot (5/5): Add all Upgrades
Shadow Veil (4/5): All Upgrades except Combusting Decay

Passives:
5/5 Damage
5/5 Agility (DEX)
5/5 Knowledge (INT)
4/5 Might (STR)

If you are confident enough, and don't plan to solo Elite Maps beyond Dead City, I would suggest you put the Skill points from Might into Crit. This would substantially increase your overall DMG output, but leave you with approximately 200 less HP, exposing you to one-hit deaths from the dogs/Necromancers in Shuyal and the Snaggletooths/Glacians in Nordr - which will still happen anyway if you aren't careful.

Beyond the build, I suggest the following gear to Maximize your DMG (all of which are very affordable yet effective):

Weapon: Architect Quills of Brutality and Devourer Bow of Potency (Mythic Bow is also nice if you can afford it)
Helm: Tarlok Leather Wrap of Potency and Architect of Will (Dex version)
Armor: Tarlok Rainment of Potency and Architect of Will (Dex version)
Ring: Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare (Dex version with 3.1 DMG)
Amulet: Tarlok's Heart of Potency and Leprechaun Pendant (the reason for this is obvious)

Note that I include two sets, which you should have set up as three different load-outs. One for Max DMG, one for a higher HP, higher Armor build for the really difficult situations and a Lucky load out, which swaps in Leprechaun Pendant just before a boss kill. Also, note that I assume that all gear has been upgraded with Fire Gems (and if you happen to get a Grand Gem, all the better).

Pets:
Pets are kind of an individual thing, but these are the pets in my rotation.

Malison (great, well-rounded pet, useful when you need the extra HP)
Valkin (another great, well-rounded pet. Used mostly for 8% crit and mana return on Arcane ability)
Loki (don't overlook what +15% DMG does!) - I did a write up on Loki here (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?109281-Loki-The-overlooked-pet-for-Rogues)
Talon (great when Max DMG is needed on lower level elite maps) Be careful with Talon, you will be much squishier!
Ribbit (40% Crit for the win!)
George (100% stun!) - Useful to stun OHKO bosses like Bloodhammer, Grimnr, etc. Also there is a glitch in Overgrowth which George can expose.

As for tips, peruse the walkthroughs I have set up in our open guild group:

Elite Runners Guild Group (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/group.php?discussionid=2243&do=discuss)

I have compiled all of the well written walkthroughs I have either found or written myself in the forums. After that, it's practice, practice, practice.

Best of luck to you! Feel free to contact me if you ever need help

Kalizzaa

Thanks! My ign is Xenobiotic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Xenobiotic
01-14-2014, 05:34 PM
I use
L35 Architect quills of brutality +2 normal fire gems/L35 Devourer Bow of Potency no gems
L35 Wintermancer crown of Potency (can't afford tarlok)
L35 Wintermancer armor of Potency (again, can't afford tarlok)
L33 Power ring of Brutality +1 grand fire gem +1 normal fire gem
L35 Tarlok Heart of Potency +2 normal fire gems
I use Malison, will this be sufficient enough for elite shuyal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

GoodSyntax
01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
I would recommend that you pick up a lv36 Architect of Will set, lv36 Dev Bow of Pot and a lv36 Night Ocean Ripple. In total, it may cost 60-70k. If you aren't very comfortable running elite Shuyal, you will need the extra armor. Lv36 Architect sets right now are surprisingly affordable, so it is a solid investment, especially since I would expect the next expansions mobs hit even harder than they do in Shuyal and Nordr.

Malison is good for Shuyal; however, I prefer Valkin for the crit boost and the party buff. I use Valkin's arcane in an alternating cycle between Veil, so my party stays buffed. I also use the arcane when I notice a collection of mobs are getting low on HP, so it is that added bump to clear out the group and move to the next pull. Unfortunately, you will have to defeat elite Inanhesh before you can get Valkin, so until then, Malison is a solid choice.

Truthfully, your party will make all the difference in Shuyal. I consider myself at least an average player, and there have been times when I can dominate Overgrowth or Ferrix, and times when I struggle to finish a map - it all depends on how good my tank and sorc are at managing the mobs. Find a good tank and a good Sorc to accompany you and it won't be as hard.

Send me an invite, and next time I'm on, I will add you for a run so you can see what a well organized group can do in Shuyal. Don't get me wrong, you will still die once in a while, but it won't feel as "stressed."

Xenobiotic
01-14-2014, 08:59 PM
I would recommend that you pick up a lv36 Architect of Will set, lv36 Dev Bow of Pot and a lv36 Night Ocean Ripple. In total, it may cost 60-70k. If you aren't very comfortable running elite Shuyal, you will need the extra armor. Lv36 Architect sets right now are surprisingly affordable, so it is a solid investment, especially since I would expect the next expansions mobs hit even harder than they do in Shuyal and Nordr.

Malison is good for Shuyal; however, I prefer Valkin for the crit boost and the party buff. I use Valkin's arcane in an alternating cycle between Veil, so my party stays buffed. I also use the arcane when I notice a collection of mobs are getting low on HP, so it is that added bump to clear out the group and move to the next pull. Unfortunately, you will have to defeat elite Inanhesh before you can get Valkin, so until then, Malison is a solid choice.

Truthfully, your party will make all the difference in Shuyal. I consider myself at least an average player, and there have been times when I can dominate Overgrowth or Ferrix, and times when I struggle to finish a map - it all depends on how good my tank and sorc are at managing the mobs. Find a good tank and a good Sorc to accompany you and it won't be as hard.

Send me an invite, and next time I'm on, I will add you for a run so you can see what a well organized group can do in Shuyal. Don't get me wrong, you will still die once in a while, but it won't feel as "stressed."

Thanks! Do you mind helping me and a few lil fellas get valkin? and atm im L35

GoodSyntax
01-14-2014, 09:12 PM
I can try. Truthfully, it would be easier to do one at a time. It is kind of like getting the Haunted title. Its best to have 3 really good members in the party who have done it before.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

bhutkeyur
01-15-2014, 04:09 AM
Inv me for valkin

Xenobiotic
01-15-2014, 08:52 AM
Bhut whats ur ign? I alrdy added kal

DagnyTaggart
01-22-2014, 11:41 AM
Devs move this thread?