PDA

View Full Version : How hard is it?

MightyMicah
01-14-2014, 01:36 PM
Hello everyone! Probably none of you know me so let me give a brief introduction and explanation for the question which I'd like to ask.. My name is Micah and I've played pocket legends since late 2010 and started AL as soon as it became available on chrome. I got bored of AL very quickly and went back to PL (which I fairly recently stopped as well). In every mmo I've ever played, the pvp aspect of the game is what kept me going. Since I'm a college student, I don't have the time necessary to farm for all of the extremely awesome/rare gear. This has been a bit of a setback for me in many mmo's, due to finding myself underpowered in pvp. However, I've generally been able to find a few select mmo's where it is fairly easy to get good pvp gear and compete with the best of them, even if I don't spend countless upon hours farming. This is where my question comes in.

How hard is it to get good pvp gear that I can compete in with the best of them?

The level of pvp is irrelevant. In other words, I'm not talking a specific level or a specific class. I just want to know if there is any level that good gear can be obtained such that I won't be at any significant disadvantage. Thanks in advance!
-MM

Cero
01-14-2014, 02:18 PM
Lvl5-8
Mostly plat gears.
-cheapest and the easiest, others may think its the boring bracket.

21:
Tarlok sets
And old legenadries.
Could spend 1-2m dpending if you can buy cheap ones.
-i find this bracket helpfull and fun.
Theres a decent drama to keep things instresting. From the times i played, i find many 1v1s which helps me at endgame 1v1s.

26:
3m? Maybe.
I havent played my 26rogue yet but what i heard is its a more action than lvl21.

Others can justificy.

wvhills
01-14-2014, 03:11 PM
micah, it's pretty hard to pvp effectively at end game without the best gears right now; however, we have a new expansion coming up at the end of february. This will introduce new gear that's better than what is out now. Now would be a good time to start. I'd recommend getting to level 36 soon and get the best non mythic gear you can. I wouldn't pvp with it but i'd wait for the expansion then spend a few weeks farming and you can gather the gear u need during that period. Then you would be on a level playing field.

MightyMicah
01-14-2014, 04:07 PM
micah, it's pretty hard to pvp effectively at end game without the best gears right now; however, we have a new expansion coming up at the end of february. This will introduce new gear that's better than what is out now. Now would be a good time to start. I'd recommend getting to level 36 soon and get the best non mythic gear you can. I wouldn't pvp with it but i'd wait for the expansion then spend a few weeks farming and you can gather the gear u need during that period. Then you would be on a level playing field.

Thanks, Wvhills! (And Cero, although I'm addressing Wvhills) So, how many hours of play time are we talking about here? I seem to remember having a level 21 or so Mage. If I was to level him to the new cap coming and farm for the gear I'd need, how long would that take, approximately?

Impact
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM

Thanks, Wvhills! (And Cero, although I'm addressing Wvhills) So, how many hours of play time are we talking about here? I seem to remember having a level 21 or so Mage. If I was to level him to the new cap coming and farm for the gear I'd need, how long would that take, approximately?
Without luck elixer or pendant awhile

MightyMicah
01-14-2014, 05:59 PM

Great approximation ;)

Spyce
01-14-2014, 06:23 PM

You don't need a pendant to level.
That's for farming.

Ebezaanec
01-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Shouldn't take very long.. Only about 3-4 days for me to cap my warrior (I'm slow).

Plus, there is usually a double xp event before the expansion.. But we'll have to see

Bless
01-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone! Probably none of you know me so let me give a brief introduction and explanation for the question which I'd like to ask.. My name is Micah and I've played pocket legends since late 2010 and started AL as soon as it became available on chrome. I got bored of AL very quickly and went back to PL (which I fairly recently stopped as well). In every mmo I've ever played, the pvp aspect of the game is what kept me going. Since I'm a college student, I don't have the time necessary to farm for all of the extremely awesome/rare gear. This has been a bit of a setback for me in many mmo's, due to finding myself underpowered in pvp. However, I've generally been able to find a few select mmo's where it is fairly easy to get good pvp gear and compete with the best of them, even if I don't spend countless upon hours farming. This is where my question comes in.

How hard is it to get good pvp gear that I can compete in with the best of them?

The level of pvp is irrelevant. In other words, I'm not talking a specific level or a specific class. I just want to know if there is any level that good gear can be obtained such that I won't be at any significant disadvantage. Thanks in advance!
-MM

Imo it isnt hard to get good gear if youre either: either or have plat or have the time to farm/merch

I wish people didnt have so many arcanes, nowadays you NEED mythics to compete with the arcane geared people. Which also means merching/farming.

Ps. You can literally get the best of the best gear without having to spend more than 2mil at L21. And its one of the best twink lvls. If youre into twinking.

wvhills
01-16-2014, 10:40 AM
yeah, it shouldn't take that long I think. the levels are 2600 xp each and I think a run through a shuyal map gives 300 xp so it'll be easier once u can go there. the lower levels will take longer just because less people play them but if u get in a good guild or make some friends they should be able to run you through. I can help, my ign is wvhills. if urs isn't mighymicah send me a message as to what it is because i don't accept friend requests from people i don't know. lol.