PDA

View Full Version : Addicted to upgrades....

Energizeric
01-14-2014, 02:19 PM
PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE

Yes, this is the latest epidemic across the land of Arlor.....

Once upon a time, players were allowed to upgrade their mythic armor and helm to higher level. Now some of these people are hopelessly addicted like drug fiends, and all they think about is possible future ways to upgrade their mythic and arcane items. No amount of reasoning, discussion, or distraction seems to convince them otherwise or get their minds off of the subject.

Senior Arlorian health officials have named this condition Upgraditis. If you suffer from Upgraditis, I suggest you get help immediately as the condition could be fatal if left untreated....

wvhills
01-14-2014, 02:21 PM
honestly, i hope we've seen the last of mythic helm and armors. I know we haven't but a man can dream...

Sorcerie
01-14-2014, 03:52 PM
That's easy for some of you to say who have been playing this game for well over a year.

Not everyone who plays this game has had to look at the same gear for 2 or 3 seasons.

There are players out there who have only just obtained their expensive mythics, and the attitude of some of the older players around here seems to be 'too bad' or 'tough luck' with their legitimate concern for the fate of their gear with this new expansion. I mean c'mon I don't think you would appreciate it if someone had the same attitude if you were worried about yours if you just bought it.

So let's not act all high and mighty and ridicule people by calling it and 'itis'.

Anarchist
01-14-2014, 03:53 PM
That's easy for some of you to say who have been playing this game for well over a year.

Not everyone who plays this game has had to look at the same gear for 2 or 3 seasons.

There are players out there who have only just obtained their expensive mythics, and the attitude of some of the older players around here seems to be 'too bad' or 'tough luck' with their legitimate concern for the fate of their gear with this new expansion. I mean c'mon I don't think you would appreciate it if someone had the same attitude if you were worried about yours if you just bought it.

So let's not act all high and mighty and ridicule people by calling it and 'itis'.

My My you read my mind??

@Energizerc do you have a cure dude? we will gladly hear it. A cure not only for the sickness but to also be able to prevent it.

Bless
01-14-2014, 04:05 PM
New mythic/arcane gear options:

1. Open crates
2. Farm elite chests and open them
3. Farm items and sell them to buy new mythics
4. Merch and get enough money to buy new mythics

Morholt
01-14-2014, 04:36 PM
There is a way to upgrade to lvl 41 mythic GEARS (mwahahahaha).
It requires about 20 million GOLDS for each item, though.

Anyone who decided to upgrade their items 4 or 5 months into a season is...well...not the best decision maker.
The mythic helm & armor actually aren't expensive pieces of gear. They're actually VERY cheap. Yes, compared to architect items they may seem expensive, but in the reality of the big picture they are worth no where near what a mythic item should be worth. There are way too many mythic armors and helms out there--even after one of the biggest mythix gear holder had gotten banned. See mythic daggers? They are very rare to see on people and have a huge price. THAT is what a mythic item is supposed to be like. Seeing someone wearing a mythic armor AND helm should be a very rare and 'special' occasion.

Upgraditis is caused by dellusionalism. These people suffer from the belief that their lvl 36 mythic items will become weak & useless. However, they fail to realize that it'll still be better than the best legendary gear. And with the lvl 41 mythic gear to be rare and scarce, their lvl 36 mythic gear will keep them as some of the best geared players in Arlor.

Energizeric
01-14-2014, 04:41 PM
@Energizerc do you have a cure dude? we will gladly hear it. A cure not only for the sickness but to also be able to prevent it.

Much like drug addiction, the solution is "Just say no!"

It was a bad idea to ever have any items be upgradable to higher level. Because of the vast amounts of boredom incurred to many end game players during this past season, many top players quit the game, far more than I have seen do so in any one season since the game came out. Fortunately some of those players are coming back now that there is a new expansion coming.

The solution is to never do it again. No gear should ever be upgradable to a higher level. This should be a one time deal. That's it.

Gear lasts for one season. If you think the best gear is too expensive to only get one season from it, then get less expensive gear. It is a decision we all have to make.

And BTW, those of you who just got mythics recently and think you paid so much for it to only get one season of use from it, you have no idea! Mythic helms were 5-8m during their first season, and mythic armors were 8-12m during their first season. So yes, those of us who paid 15-20m for the set got 2 seasons of use from them (3 seasons for the helm), and those of you who only paid 5m for the set only got one season of use.

Part of the reason why those items were so expensive during their first season was because STS announced in advance that they would both be upgradable to level 36. If no such announcement had ever been made, you can bet they would have sold for less. So it all evens out in the long run.

The game is more interesting is EVERY player always has things to work for. Once people reach a place where there is nothing more to work for, then the game becomes boring, and not just for those few players. You have players right now who have all achievements possible, and you have players who have all of the best gear and pets. That should not be possible. The best gear and pets should be so rare that nobody could possibly obtain it all, and there should be so many achievements that no one player could possibly ever get them all even if they played 24/7.

Like a horse and carrot, the game should be a constant race to a finish line that keeps moving further away. Nobody should ever get there.

Kakashis
01-14-2014, 07:00 PM
I suggest just letting us get by with the mythics upgraded but have more powerful versions out there. Who needs mythics when you have green arlor!

xXz21
01-14-2014, 07:57 PM
i really think new equip mytic or arcane or legendary should be in drop. this finish the people ''asking'' for upgradable set. bcus i think theys are unhappy (me too) 6 month playing to get full mytic set and now (after expansion) is trash. all ur hard work to nothing. so maybe it should be drop bcus is so hard to farm hope this new expansion change that.

Fauksuras
01-14-2014, 08:00 PM
If the economy didn't rely in a "dog eat dog" environment (which creates more scammers every day it seems with everybody wanting a quick coin) and there were diverse ways to get money I'm sure less people would complain. I already have mythic set on two characters and if I can't afford new gear I guess I can just twink or simply quit so I don't care much.

But with my super power called "empathy" and some observation I know there are still people who just now managed to get their mythics due to hard work and I understand their frustration perfectly "oh jeez I love this game and want to play but I just have this equipment and it took so long!"

I just hope this revised loot system helps things

Energizeric
01-14-2014, 09:17 PM
If the economy didn't rely in a "dog eat dog" environment (which creates more scammers every day it seems with everybody wanting a quick coin) and there were diverse ways to get money I'm sure less people would complain.

Eliminating the mythic upgrades is exactly the solution you are looking for. It will cause new gear to actually have some decent value. The main reason Shuyal farming was awful was because half of the hardcore player base already had all their gear before the season even started, so demand for new items was very low. The way to make it easier to earn money is to make more demand for the new gear, and the only way to do that is to make it so that everyone needs new gear.

Energizeric
01-14-2014, 09:21 PM
bcus i think theys are unhappy (me too) 6 month playing to get full mytic set and now (after expansion) is trash. all ur hard work to nothing.

Gear is meant to be used. If you used the gear, then your hard work is not for nothing. You have kills added to your stats page? You got some achievement points? That is why you get gear. Gear is not an investment. It is meant to be used. It is like buying a new car.... eventually after driving many miles, it will be time for a new one. You can choose to drive a cheap chevy or an expensive mercedes, but either way the car will depreciate and eventually be worth very little after you have put a ton of miles on it.

This game is about the journey, not the destination. If you only care about the destination, then you are playing the wrong game.

Fauksuras
01-14-2014, 09:25 PM
That is an excellent point and I agree. I just wish any new mythic released sts could somehow help control the market prices better. Look at the new mythic weapons.

No item is overpriced as long as people are willing to pay those prices, but you know...

drgrimmy
01-14-2014, 10:56 PM
I completely agree. I was never happy with mythics being upgraded. I think even having mythic gear better than the top legendary gear from the next season was a bad decision by sts. I think it was in fact both a game breaking and economy breaking decision which has lead to a game in which it is difficult to earn gold without opening crates or merching.

Elite legendary drops have been near worthless for the past two seasons due to these bad decisions by sts. Before mythics and arcane gear came out, all of the top legendary elite gear was worth millions for a significant amount of time after an expansion came out, similar to the pricing of archon rings this season. In the current season, with a few exceptions including archon rings, there has been little demand for the top elite legendary gear as those with a lot of gold already had better items consisting of mythic gear from the prior season. This is a lose-lose situation for those who relied on farming for elite legendary gear. I used to farm for elite gear like crazy (probably netting over 50m from elite drops in seasons 1-3), yet I can't almost count the number of times I have had serious farming sessions for elite gear this season.

No need to acquire new gear and lack of elite farming has also led to many top players losing interest in the game. Although some old players occasionally come back to the game, you can almost count the number of top players from season one still playing the game on two hands. Unfortunately, in my eyes this game has boiled down to farming crates in k3, opening crates with plat if you are so inclined, merching and pvp (which has also lost its luster). I think that systems upgrading gear and keeping mythic and arcane gear viable for more than one season has played a large part in this.

Also, I have to agree... for those of you that felt like you spent a fortune on mythic gear only to have it surpassed by new gear and lose value, fell fortunate that you did not spend twice as much on that gear not too long ago. I can remember spending 8-9m on my mythic gun to have it soon drop in value to 3m after the mythic weapon double drop weekend. Unfortunately, it is very costly to have the top gear and you should keep this in mind when purchasing it, knowing that it will not last forever.

Nagin
01-14-2014, 11:58 PM
No upgrade plz, it takes all fun out of the game

Allocate
01-15-2014, 12:59 AM
Excellent point Energizeric; couldn't agree more!

Someone sticky this or make sure devs have a chance to read this, we must let it be known!

Fauksuras
01-15-2014, 01:32 AM
After reading what grimmy wrote I kind of wish no new mythics came.

Fauksuras
01-15-2014, 01:33 AM
I mean new and better equipment of course! But hold off new mythics for a season or so

aarrgggggg
01-15-2014, 01:59 AM

Anyone who decided to upgrade their items 4 or 5 months into a season is...well...not the best decision maker.
The mythic helm & armor actually aren't expensive pieces of gear. They're actually VERY cheap. Yes, compared to architect items they may seem expensive, but in the reality of the big picture they are worth no where near what a mythic item should be worth. There are way too many mythic armors and helms out there--even after one of the biggest mythix gear holder had gotten banned. See mythic daggers? They are very rare to see on people and have a huge price. THAT is what a mythic item is supposed to be like. Seeing someone wearing a mythic armor AND helm should be a very rare and 'special' occasion.

Upgraditis is caused by dellusionalism. These people suffer from the belief that their lvl 36 mythic items will become weak & useless. However, they fail to realize that it'll still be better than the best legendary gear. And with the lvl 41 mythic gear to be rare and scarce, their lvl 36 mythic gear will keep them as some of the best geared players in Arlor.The reason the market is/was flooded with mythic armor and helm is simple STS puts them in the locked crates,
People open those crates......ALOT of people, open ALOT of crates hence the reason why the majority of them are in game in the first place.
Its like this the more paid players there are the more mythic and arcane items you will see.

Meguy
01-15-2014, 02:14 AM
This game is full of merchants, lol the only reason why you do not want the items to be upgradable is you want the level 41 mythical to be tradeable. Lol that is how people get easy Midas achievement here. You are well aware that it will be available on lock crates and this level 41 will cost much on the following months :) nah it's not about game play anymore lol because upgrading can be made a lot harder and it can be made untradeable if must. Hard for those who are old player and easier for new players to achieve good gears. Old players do not play anymore, you just play the merchant game like this and you love new items period to take advantage of it. If AL makes the gear upgreadable then AL market will be more stable, and all players will be happy not just the old players but also the new ones.

Xstealthxx
01-15-2014, 02:29 AM
Or they could make it upgradable and introduce new arcane gear. For people to find reason for farming,merching,opening crates..

silbersmile
01-15-2014, 02:54 AM
This game is full of merchants, lol the only reason why you do not want the items to be upgradable is you want the level 41 mythical to be tradeable. Lol that is how people get easy Midas achievement here. You are well aware that it will be available on lock crates and this level 41 will cost much on the following months :) nah it's not about game play anymore lol because upgrading can be made a lot harder and it can be made untradeable if must. Hard for those who are old player and easier for new players to achieve good gears. Old players do not play anymore, you just play the merchant game like this and you love new items period to take advantage of it. If AL makes the gear upgreadable then AL market will be more stable, and all players will be happy not just the old players but also the new ones.

agree with u meguy

Morholt
01-15-2014, 02:58 AM
The reason the market is/was flooded with mythic armor and helm is simple STS puts them in the locked crates,
People open those crates......ALOT of people, open ALOT of crates hence the reason why the majority of them are in game in the first place.
Its like this the more paid players there are the more mythic and arcane items you will see.Yes, lots of people open up lots of crates.
And the rate of getting a mythic item is ridiculously low--so low that it's not uncommon of hearing about people who have opened over a thousand and came up empty handed.

The rate and number of people opening is fine. HOWEVER, the issue is that these same items have been dropping season after season after season. "The Hero of Legend" shouldn't be a title everyone is strutting around with...
If we continue to keep the same original lvl 26 helm and 31 armor, it will get to the point that nobody will want to open a crate for mythic gear. The only reason to open would be an arcane item, which is WAY lower than the chances of mythics already are set to; which will leave people going, "ugh! I got a freakin' worthless mythic armor..."People already get bummed out when they get a mythic amulet. In fact, the price of the mythic helm and armor are so low already that it's way better of an option to buy them for gold instead of spending platinum to keep opening an endless number of crates. The price of a mythic item should be nowhere near the price of a legendary piece of gear; but if the mythic helm and armor becomes upgradeable yet again, it'll continue to more abundant and cheaper.

Bigdoggy
01-15-2014, 03:04 AM
I think these mythic items should be upgradable but NOT tradable, and the upgrade run should be quite difficult and take MUCH time, so that new players are affordable(for them a mythic can cost all their gold), but those who want 41 mythic so badly can also find them inside locked instantly or buy from merchants,so most players are able to stay, then this game will be more stable.

Xstealthxx
01-15-2014, 03:28 AM
I agree

Morholt
01-15-2014, 03:29 AM
This game is full of merchants, lol the only reason why you do not want the items to be upgradable is you want the level 41 mythical to be tradeable. Lol that is how people get easy Midas achievement here. You are well aware that it will be available on lock crates and this level 41 will cost much on the following months :) nah it's not about game play anymore lol because upgrading can be made a lot harder and it can be made untradeable if must. Hard for those who are old player and easier for new players to achieve good gears. Old players do not play anymore, you just play the merchant game like this and you love new items period to take advantage of it. If AL makes the gear upgreadable then AL market will be more stable, and all players will be happy not just the old players but also the new ones.There are very few people who effectively merchant gear for a good profit. It was doable in the past, but these days...not so much. There have been dozens of threads on this in recent times about the market being unfriendly.
Virtually no one merchs their way to the Midas Touch--very few can even reach the Goldfinger one. What happens for that achievement is that a lot of people pool their gold to hit 100 million, pass it around so that each person gets the title, and then return the gold back to each other.

If the gear becomes upgradeable, yes...it'll keep the market stable; HOWEVER, it'll be in a stable, continual downward spiral. The price of mythic gear will be absurdly low, and everything else will become worthless. The system of ugprading gear can only last for so long, and it needs to end.

Releasing new mythic items each season is GREAT for the economy in AL. It makes it so that the market can't become flooded with the same top item. And the new mythic will be very expensive, meaning VERY VERY VERY few people will be able to have a lot of them. And the owners own them, knowing that they will go down in value when next season is released with new ones. And a person will be able to kick butt in the a current season still using their previous season gear (remember: a lvl 36 mythic item is better than a lvl 41 legendary item). This means at the 41 cap a lot of people will be using lvl 36 mythic and lvl 41 legendary items, while very few have the lvl 41 mythic items. This means that people in the game will have similar stats for once, rather then a full mythic players blowing the pants off a non-mythic user. Not just this, but elite legendary gear then becomes valuable and worth farming for as many won't be able to afford that rare and expensive lvl 41 mythic gear.

Sounds pretty awesome, right? But wait! There's more! Think what will happen during the next season/level cap...!
When the lvl 46 cap comes out, this will mean that most people will be using the elite level 46 legendary gear and lvl 41 mythic items--along with a very small number having the new lvl 46 mythic items. Why is this better than the previous season? Well, during the lvl 41 cap, A LOT of people started the season off with the lvl 36 mythic items, which were still better than the lvl 41 elite legendary gear. When lvl 46 is out, lvl 41 mythic gear will still be out; however, remember that there weren't very many people who had the lvl 41 mythic gear. What does this mean? Many more people will need/want the lvl 46 elite legendary gear. This means that the price of this gear will be even better. It'll be VERY worth it to farm for items--it'll be nicely profitable.

And with there being so few fully mythic players, there won't be that old ugly gap between mythic and non-mythic users, as there will be few mythic players around--and very, very few people who are using multiple current season mythic items. And any person who is using full lvl 46 mythic items...they likely won't have enough gold to have full lvl 51 mythic items.

Boom! There you guys have it.
People will be able to enjoy playing the game by farming AND making gold.
No longer will merching be the only way to make gold.
The economy will be stabilize quite quickly.
Stop thinking about just RIGHT NOW and wanting your old gear upgraded to a higher level.

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 03:35 AM
Merchers and lock openers dream is having the locked crate drop the new Lv41 mythic set and current Lv36 myths become twink stuff.

Most of them come out hiding their real intentions with the excuse of boring gameplay but all most of them want is to be able to have things others can't acheive and take advantage of this making money out of it.

If they really cared about the pve part of the game as they said, crate openers and bad merchers would accept the fact Lv36 myths can be upgraded to Lv41 (remaining untradeable) by a very very very difficult quest where you have to farm like crazy, but they will never accept it this way cause it will give midclass players that don't open lockeds a slight chance of having the level 41 myths without being forced to buy it from them at a over priced amount.

The rich want to be richer.
This is the truth behind this issue.

Wutzgood
01-15-2014, 08:27 AM
Honestly this is why I've only invested in legendary gear while playing. I knew it wouldn't be the best forever and I've had no problems with buying new legendary gear when the old becomes outdated since its only a few hundred thousand for it. And I've thought that since the beginning of the season. Anyone that waited till the end of the season to buy mythic armor just made a poor decision thinking it would be the best for next season also.

Sorcerie
01-15-2014, 10:05 AM
It really does boil down to those who prefer to take the short cut by opening crates to obtain their riches want to have new mythic gear available so they sell their freshly looted items to the top gold players for obscene amounts of gold knowing full well that they're the ones who will want it quick no matter what the price. The rest of us, however, who don't take that option have to farm the new elite maps like dogs for the first few weeks hoping to sell the new legendary gear at good prices while they're high and before they flood the market.

Some of the farmers will profit nicely at the beginning, and then watch as the new legendary items crash as everyone and their mother will be running elites. Meanwhile, crate openers will continue throw their wallets at the game to loot the new mythic items worth millions for a much longer period of time. So in the end who are the ones who will benefit the most if there are no upgrade options for the current mythic armors? Spenders.

Which is fine since that's pretty much the way the economy of AL works, but it shouldn't be a 'bad decision' to buy the top gear no matter what time you start playing.

A good solution would be to have an lengthy upgrade quest for the armor and helm (no freebies on the armor like last time) for those who have the current upgraded mythic armors, while discontinuing the current base model set and putting new looking base ones in crates for the spenders so they have something new to sell off and for people to be interested in buying.

At least this way those of us who took the time to earn our mythic set will still have something to work towards without having to drop insane amounts of gold for the new stuff after the expansion release, and it wouldn't negatively impact the market cause there will be a high demand for newly modeled base mythic armors among new or current players who don't have them.

As far as the accessories go, I wouldn't really care if these weren't upgradeable since they're meant to be a bit more of a luxury item, since after all they are 'accessories' -- but I'll be honest and say if the armors are going to be replaced entirely I won't be too happy, it was an achievement for crying out lout.

becky_xil
01-15-2014, 10:35 AM
Nowday.. untrable item is like a trend or something in mmorpg.. why is that? benefits? If you want another item for another char you need to start over again.. like now armor and helm.. if you wanna make another end game char with mythic armor and helm.. you need to buy a new one rather then trading.. is good business but I don't like it

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Rare
01-15-2014, 11:58 AM

Well, old players or new doesn't change the fact that they've been around too long. If you spent tons of gold on older gear near the end of an expansion, why should everyone else suffer for it?

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 12:03 PM
Well, old players or new doesn't change the fact that they've been around too long. If you spent tons of gold on older gear near the end of an expansion, why should everyone else suffer for it?

I guess everybody has a magic ball for predicting end of expansions.

Rare
01-15-2014, 12:57 PM
I guess everybody has a magic ball for predicting end of expansions.

Everyone has the same magic 8 ball

Sorcerie
01-15-2014, 01:18 PM
Well, old players or new doesn't change the fact that they've been around too long. If you spent tons of gold on older gear near the end of an expansion, why should everyone else suffer for it?Is it really suffering to consider an alternative for the casual player who spent months farming and saving their gold and were only able to buy their set near the end of a season no matter how long they've been available? I don't think so. It's better than pissing in their face by coming out with all new set and telling them to start from scratch, imo.

Rare
01-15-2014, 01:25 PM
Is it really suffering to consider an alternative for the casual player who spent months farming and saving their gold and were only able to buy their set near the end of a season? I don't think so. It's better than pissing in their face by coming out with all new set and telling them to start from scratch, imo.

Well, I don't like that people will come up short. Let me set that straight. But let me ask you this... what's worse?

New players saving up money and buying the mythics now (at their prices) near the end of the season and losing out... OR

Players saving the money and buying them around the middle of last season for 8M per armor, 4-6M weapon, 3-5M helmet then having a double odds mythic weekend come in and cut those prices by 75%?

In the end, buying anything in this game is risky. And if STS doesn't nip these mythics in the bud right now, then it will be perpetual upgrading. There are ALWAYS new players meaning this will always be a problem if they don't end it now. Just keep in mind. A LOT of the players that want these items to be retired because they are tired of them are the same players that were screwed much harder than you will be.

xXz21
01-15-2014, 01:44 PM
Gear is meant to be used. If you used the gear, then your hard work is not for nothing. You have kills added to your stats page? You got some achievement points? That is why you get gear. Gear is not an investment. It is meant to be used. It is like buying a new car.... eventually after driving many miles, it will be time for a new one. You can choose to drive a cheap chevy or an expensive mercedes, but either way the car will depreciate and eventually be worth very little after you have put a ton of miles on it.

This game is about the journey, not the destination. If you only care about the destination, then you are playing the wrong game.

i don't like the ''upgrades'' but im not going to play 6 month to use a mytic set again only for 1 month (bcus a new expansion come after this)

im just say make items in drop is the best way to elimitad the bored of game.

and theys can put same items in ''locked or another special box'' obvisuly not with a high drop rate.

Zeus
01-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Well, I don't like that people will come up short. Let me set that straight. But let me ask you this... what's worse?

New players saving up money and buying the mythics now (at their prices) near the end of the season and losing out... OR

Players saving the money and buying them around the middle of last season for 8M per armor, 4-6M weapon, 3-5M helmet then having a double odds mythic weekend come in and cut those prices by 75%?

In the end, buying anything in this game is risky. And if STS doesn't nip these mythics in the bud right now, then it will be perpetual upgrading. There are ALWAYS new players meaning this will always be a problem if they don't end it now. Just keep in mind. A LOT of the players that want these items to be retired because they are tired of them are the same players that were screwed much harder than you will be.

This post to the fullest.

When I bought my mythic set, it was 10m for the armor, 3m for the helm, 3m for the bow, 10m for the ring, 8m for the amulet. I have not bought them or sold them since. So, lets do some math? 34m for the set?

What can you buy a set for these days? 2.5m for the armor, 2m for the helm, 3m for the ring, 1m for the amulet, 4m for the bow. This totals out at 12.5m? That's a 63% price reduction!

So, for around 1/3 of the price, you can get 1/3 of the time using it. I'd say that's a fair trade off.

The L36 mythics will still be a damn good set next expansion, so just enjoy them while you can and quit complaining for an upgrade. Do you see the people who spent 34m on the items complaining because the price dropped? Keep in mind that this wasn't even the peak. At one point, mythic armor was worth 15-17m and helm was worth 4-5m.

Sorry, but I am going to say to quit complaining and just work up to the next campaign gear. I for sure will not be able to gear myself out next expansion without putting some serious effort in. I'm okay with that fact, because it means there's more stuff for me to do in the game.

If y'all wish to play a standstill game where the best gear is still the best gear for over a year and holds value, you should try PL.

Sorcerie
01-15-2014, 01:47 PM

In the end, buying anything in this game is risky. And if STS doesn't nip these mythics in the bud right now, then it will be perpetual upgrading. There are ALWAYS new players meaning this will always be a problem if they don't end it now. Just keep in mind. A LOT of the players that want these items to be retired because they are tired of them are the same players that were screwed much harder than you will be.The trade off there is that the old player had much longer to enjoy it and it only affected them when the prices dropped after a promotion where everyone tried to bank off the double odds and the result was a flooded mythic market.

Does that suck? Yes it does - but who's had longer to amass more gold during those 2 seasons time with each new expansion and new gear that became available? The same ones who are saying they're sick of seeing them. And let's be real here, you and i both know they have more significantly more gold to work with when the new stuff comes out while the other players who only just obtained them are stuck starting from scratch making all that hard earned gear worthless a month or two down the road.

I'm not saying there doesn't need to be new stuff to earn, I'm all for that. I'm just saying there needs to be options for both the new and old players where neither looses out completely.

Zeus
01-15-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm just saying there needs to be options for both the new and old players where neither looses out completely.

That option exists, Sirulian. The L36 mythics will still be as good or better than the legendary gear next expansion. There's no need to upgrade something that will still be the best next campaign.

I say this while I have dumped 34m into the gear and have a relatively small 6m gold to prepare for next season.

Sorcerie
01-15-2014, 02:03 PM
That option exists, Sirulian. The L36 mythics will still be as good or better than the legendary gear next expansion. There's no need to upgrade something that will still be the best next campaign.

I say this while I have dumped 34m into the gear and have a relatively small 6m gold to prepare for next season.We'll wait and see on that, because I don't get how legendary gear 5 lvls up won't be better than the current lvl 36 mythics, unless you're rocking exceptional gems in everything you own. And even that's a stretch considering that the most expensive tarlock sets for each class are already competing in certain stats with the upgraded mythic armors. Five more levels could turn the difference into a chasm.

Wutzgood
01-15-2014, 02:04 PM
Like Zeus said they will still be good next season. I'm also pretty sure they will be made tradeable once the new expansion comes out so people can sell them if they want to. It wouldn't make sense not to.

Hectororius
01-15-2014, 02:08 PM
The trade off there is that the old player had much longer to enjoy it and it only affected them when the prices dropped after a promotion where everyone tried to bank off the double odds and the result was a flooded mythic market.

Does that suck? Yes it does - but who's had longer to amass more gold during those 2 seasons time with each new expansion and new gear that became available? The same ones who are saying they're sick of seeing them. And let's be real here, you and i both know they have more significantly more gold to work with when the new stuff comes out while the other players who only just obtained them are stuck starting from scratch making all that hard earned gear worthless a month or two down the road.

I'm not saying there doesn't need to be new stuff to earn, I'm all for that. I'm just saying there needs to be options for both the new and old players where neither looses out completely.

Ok, hang on for a second...

You are not playing an RPG with an ending here. The game doesn't end and the credits don't roll when you beat the final boss. There is no real end game to games like Arcane Legends. Its an ever evolving game that needs to develop and grow and move on in order to stay relevant. This means that you will always have to work hard at getting the best of the best, and that eventually, the best of the best will get left behind for newer and better gear.

Do you think the people that played from beginning haven't gone through this before with prior expansions? Their gear was good enough to start the next expansion, but they needed to upgrade and play hard to get to the next level.

Do you need mythics and arcane gear to beat this game? No you don't. Did STS make you buy the mythic gear? Nope. I chose to buy the mythic gear 2 weeks ago, already knowing the next expansion was imminent. Why did I buy it? Cuz i know its still gonna be better than the next set of gear coming out. I didnt waste my money. After that? still untradable? i don't care. It will be a pretty vanity to walk around town in.

edit

We'll wait and see on that, because I don't get how legendary gear 5 lvls up won't be better than the current lvl 36 mythics, unless you're rocking exceptional gems in everything you own. And even that's a stretch considering that the most expensive tarlock sets for each class are already competing in certain stats with the upgraded mythic armors. Five more levels could turn the difference into a chasm.

Do you know how he knows? Cuz people are still using the lvl 31 mythic weapons that are still better than the current lvl 36 Legendary items and still sell for good amount of Gold. Thats how he knows.

The tarlok gear is a casual players dream. affordable pink gear that fairly competitive with the current best gear. You should be happy.

Zeus
We'll wait and see on that, because I don't get how legendary gear 5 lvls up won't be better than the current lvl 36 mythics, unless you're rocking exceptional gems in everything you own. And even that's a stretch considering that the most expensive tarlock sets for each class are already competing in certain stats with the upgraded mythic armors. Five more levels could turn the difference into a chasm.

Yeah, I considered the tarlok gear, but also - remember that tarlok gear is limited to L36 and there is a huge difference in stats. The screenshot below will exemplify that.

L40-L41 legendaries will certainly top the tarlok gear and probably be close to the mythics. Since L36 tarlok can be considered the "best gear" for L36 excluding mythics, that's a pretty big gap to cover. The mana can be considered negligible as pots can cover mana cost. Also, remember, traditionally in campaign gear, there is no damage that you gain when compared to gear like tarlok. So, there's a lot of wiggle room where developers can make the L41 legendaries compete, but not better than L36 mythics.

Rare

The same way Lvl 26 mythic helms (other than vili) were better than the lvl 31 noble helms.

Sorcerie
01-15-2014, 02:18 PM
Yeah, I considered the tarlok gear, but also - remember that tarlok gear is limited to L36 and there is a huge difference in stats. The screenshot below will exemplify that.

L40-L41 legendaries will certainly top the tarlok gear and probably be close to the mythics. Since L36 tarlok can be considered the "best gear" for L36 excluding mythics, that's a pretty big gap to cover. The mana can be considered negligible as pots can cover mana cost. Also, remember, traditionally in campaign gear, there is no damage that you gain when compared to gear like tarlok. So, there's a lot of wiggle room where developers can make the L41 legendaries compete, but not better than L36 mythics.This is also coming from someone who does have exceptional gems in everything they own, Lol. So your gap is slightly wider than mine, but you have a point none the less. I will just have to wait and see how big the difference will be when the expansion comes out.

Gorecaster
01-15-2014, 02:43 PM
I also just got my mythics 2 weeks ago. Here's how I look at it. Yeah I'm missing out on months of farming with my new gear but on the other hand, I get to start off the new expansion with the best helm and armour the game has to offer. This is a benefit that some friends may be without for fear of "wasting" gold on "soon to be outdated" gear. It will be easier to level/progress through the expansion, and I'm happy with that. Most will be tempted to buy maybe 2 or 3 sets during expansion through to the new cap. I don't think I even have to consider new gear until the new cap level of 41. Like Hector said, there's no end credits rolling here so always be prepared for change.

mala salerosa
01-15-2014, 03:33 PM
Lighten up folks! I got a kick out of this post. I thought it was funny as heck. This is coming from a complete upgrade addict. CAUTION: The desire to be the best you can be, and to have the best gear in the game is highly contagious indeed.

MayaNatsume
01-15-2014, 04:37 PM
agree x2

MayaNatsume
01-15-2014, 04:48 PM
It really does boil down to those who prefer to take the short cut by opening crates to obtain their riches want to have new mythic gear available so they sell their freshly looted items to the top gold players for obscene amounts of gold knowing full well that they're the ones who will want it quick no matter what the price. The rest of us, however, who don't take that option have to farm the new elite maps like dogs for the first few weeks hoping to sell the new legendary gear at good prices while they're high and before they flood the market.

Some of the farmers will profit nicely at the beginning, and then watch as the new legendary items crash as everyone and their mother will be running elites. Meanwhile, crate openers will continue throw their wallets at the game to loot the new mythic items worth millions for a much longer period of time. So in the end who are the ones who will benefit the most if there are no upgrade options for the current mythic armors? Spenders.

Which is fine since that's pretty much the way the economy of AL works, but it shouldn't be a 'bad decision' to buy the top gear no matter what time you start playing.

A good solution would be to have an lengthy upgrade quest for the armor and helm (no freebies on the armor like last time) for those who have the current upgraded mythic armors, while discontinuing the current base model set and putting new looking base ones in crates for the spenders so they have something new to sell off and for people to be interested in buying.

At least this way those of us who took the time to earn our mythic set will still have something to work towards without having to drop insane amounts of gold for the new stuff after the expansion release, and it wouldn't negatively impact the market cause there will be a high demand for newly modeled base mythic armors among new or current players who don't have them.

As far as the accessories go, I wouldn't really care if these weren't upgradeable since they're meant to be a bit more of a luxury item, since after all they are 'accessories' -- but I'll be honest and say if the armors are going to be replaced entirely I won't be too happy, it was an achievement for crying out lout.

Good points bro

Rare
01-15-2014, 04:53 PM
agree x2

Actually. The market WILL be more stable. Stable like a pet rock. Legendary Gear will have little value (just like this season) and players will have very little incentive to farm elite (just like this season). People will get bored. People will quit. New players will not be able to make money and will be relegated to farming locked crates because they can't buy gear that is suitable for elite.

You know why nobody plays anymore?? LOL Because theres NO REASON TO. I already have the top gear in the game. The legendary gear to farm from Elites isn't really worth anything (definitely not worth the effort I have to put in). You know why? Because MYTHIC GEAR IS UPGRADEABLE.

There'a reason STS releases new content. Because they want people to use it. They want people to play the game. Not just sit in town and merch things and get bored. There is a reason they create new gear and a reason people want it. And its not always because of in game gold. Its the joy of the hunt.

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 05:06 PM

My level 31 runic gun is better than every single level 36 legendary mage weapon. Yes, it is not as good as a level 36 mythic staff or level 36 arcane staff, but it is better than every legendary item that exists. Same goes for my level 31 mythic blood ruby ring -- it is better than every single level 36 legendary ring.

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 05:16 PM
Actually. The market WILL be more stable. Stable like a pet rock. Legendary Gear will have little value (just like this season) and players will have very little incentive to farm elite (just like this season). People will get bored. People will quit. New players will not be able to make money and will be relegated to farming locked crates because they can't buy gear that is suitable for elite.

You know why nobody plays anymore?? LOL Because theres NO REASON TO. I already have the top gear in the game. The legendary gear to farm from Elites isn't really worth anything (definitely not worth the effort I have to put in). You know why? Because MYTHIC GEAR IS UPGRADEABLE.

There'a reason STS releases new content. Because they want people to use it. They want people to play the game. Not just sit in town and merch things and get bored. There is a reason they create new gear and a reason people want it. And its not always because of in game gold. Its the joy of the hunt.

Yes, people just don't realize that having high priced mythics have a trickle down effect on other gear. The higher the mythics and arcane items cost, the higher the top elite legendary items that you can farm will cost. During season 4 when mythic armors were going for 10m+, the best level 31 noble armors were going for 1-2m. But during season 5 once mythic armors dropped in price all the way down to 2-3m, now the best tarlok armors only go for 200-300k. That is the way the economy works.

And in case you guys haven't noticed, whenever new and better gear is added to the game, that is when the economy is always booming the most. Like during the recent winter event, those tarlok items were in high demand and the economy was booming... Players could farm for those items and make a bundle selling them afterwards. That is how things used to be all the time. What ruined it is the lack of new mythic items this past season.

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 05:44 PM
For those who said they spent way higher than players that newly bought their myths.....When you BOUGHT your myths you got the the money by farming and market wasn't as saturated as now and you could earn considerable amounts.

Prices of myths came down because the demands for them dropped this was caused by the fact people aren't making enough money unlike you dated players when you bought your myths and also because the amount of crate poppers has skyrocketed. At the end there's no big difference from people that spent 34m then and people that spend 13m now, a farm less a farm more.

Let the Lv36 myths be upgradeable by a very very hard quest that requires a enourmous amount of farming. A quest that takes months to complete if necessary, but give a slight chance to the myth players that haven't had time to enjoy their myths set without having to rebuy the new ones from the same crate poppers they bought the old ones from 4 weeks ago.

I thought many players said they were bored and wanted to farm. This is the occasion, you will farm like a dog to upgrade your mythic.

I hope it isn'true that all you guys just want to really do is pop your crates and hope in looting a new myth gear so you can sell it at a outrageous price to players who don't have that amount and won't be able to get the money through just farming?
(there is a limit of money you can get through just farming, you know.)

This is said by someone who kept off from buying myth sets 1 months ago cause he knew what was coming on his way, So there is no personal interest from here.

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 05:51 PM
For those who said they spent way higher than players that newly bought their myths.....When you BOUGHT your myths you got the the money by farming and market wasn't as saturated as now and you could earn considerable amounts.

Prices of myths came down because the demands for them dropped this was caused by the fact people aren't making enough money unlike you dated players when you bought your myths and also because the amount of crate poppers has skyrocketed. At the end there's no big difference from people that spent 34m then and people that spend 13m now, a farm less a farm more.

Let the Lv36 myths be upgradeable by a very very hard quest that requires a enourmous amount of farming. A quest that takes months to complete if necessary, but give a slight chance to the myth players that haven't had time to enjoy their myths set without having to rebuy the new ones from the same crate poppers they bought the old ones from 4 weeks ago.

I thought many players said they were bored and wanted to farm. This is the occasion you farm like a dog to upgrade your mythic.

Or all you guys just want to really do is pop your crates and hope in looting a new myth gear so you can sell it at a outrageous price to players who don't have that amount and won't be able to get the money through just farming?
(there is limit of money you can get through just farminf)

This is said by someone who kept off from buying myth sets 1 months ago cause he knew what was coming on his way, So there is no personal interest from here.

You confuse the cause and the effect. The reason why it is so hard to farm now is because the mythic prices are so low. When mythic prices get higher, so do the prices of the top legendary items that drop. Notice that the top legendary weapons still go for high prices. The best architect blades, quills and pylons still go for 400k+. The best archon rings still go for 2m+. That is because the mythic weapons and rings still go for many millions.

Please read my previous post #52.

BTW, a better idea would be to have some kind of very difficult quest that can take months but allow you to get a NEW level 41 mythic item. I would certainly not be opposed to that, and in fact I have previously posted such an idea in the suggestions forum:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281-New-quot-Shadow-Quest-quot

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 06:08 PM
You confuse the cause and the effect. The reason why it is so hard to farm now is because the mythic prices are so low. When mythic prices get higher, so do the prices of the top legendary items that drop. Notice that the top legendary weapons still go for high prices. The best architect blades, quills and pylons still go for 400k+. The best archon rings still go for 2m+. That is because the mythic weapons and rings still go for many millions.

Please read my previous post #52.

BTW, a better idea would be to have some kind of very difficult quest that can take months but allow you to get a NEW level 41 mythic item. I would certainly not be opposed to that, and in fact I have previously posted such an idea in the suggestions forum:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?114281-New-quot-Shadow-Quest-quot

Now you are speaking my language.

As for archons ecc those are the best of the best from legendaries so its obvious they will still maintain a certain price.

Legendaries get very high in price when people cant afford myths. overpriced myths bring high legendaries. I am forced to agree with this.

But its also sad a item should be just so out of reach if you only get money from farming,( ex myth daggers). Please nobody should start explaining to me some things need to be rare and need to have higher value ecc. i know that already.

phillyr
01-15-2014, 06:55 PM

Upgraditis is caused by dellusionalism. These people suffer from the belief that their lvl 36 mythic items will become weak & useless. However, they fail to realize that it'll still be better than the best legendary gear. And with the lvl 41 mythic gear to be rare and scarce, their lvl 36 mythic gear will keep them as some of the best geared players in Arlor.

How can u say they're not the best decision maker? Not every player knows how the game works with different seasons. They see strong players wearing awesome armor, work for it, get it... then an announcement pops up two days later with a new expansion. Now all of a sudden everybody is saying how dumb they are for forking over millions for outdated armor. Not everybody has been playing the game for more than a season.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

phillyr
01-15-2014, 06:57 PM

But when you're done with the car if still holds some value. .. especially if it has been upgraded

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 08:00 PM
How can u say they're not the best decision maker? Not every player knows how the game works with different seasons. They see strong players wearing awesome armor, work for it, get it... then an announcement pops up two days later with a new expansion. Now all of a sudden everybody is saying how dumb they are for forking over millions for outdated armor. Not everybody has been playing the game for more than a season.

I would suggest skimming through the announcement threads to see how the game has progressed. You can even do it by pressing "news" on the character page as soon as you sign into the game. Just go all the way back to the beginning and read. I'd guess you can finish in less than an hour and you will have a good idea how things progressed. This will help you immensely.

Ebezaanec
01-15-2014, 08:01 PM
When the Shuyal expansion was announced, the major debate occurring was NOT the actual expansion, BUT how the mythic items were going to be worth very little compared to newer gear.

The Devs gave in to the pressure and allowed myths to be upgraded.

Then people start complaining about why the market became so saturated with mythics. Hello? What is the major reason you buy expensive gear? To USE it. If the majority of the top elite farmers have their hands on upgraded myth gear, why would they pay high prices for more?

Demand is low, so sellers would lower prices to compete. As the myths become more affordable, many more people in the middle and upper-middle class of AL's economy can purchase myth sets. What happens when they upgrade it? They probably won't buy any more of that mythic kind unless they wish to merch.

In the end, this reminds me of the Greek myth (no pun intended) about Kronos, the Titan who ate his children to prevent one of them from usurping his throne. It is a scary thing about destiny... Will preventing a timeline actually cause it to come into fruition?

It's a conspiracy! ;)

phillyr
01-15-2014, 08:12 PM
I would suggest skimming through the announcement threads to see how the game has progressed. You can even do it by pressing "news" on the character page as soon as you sign into the game. Just go all the way back to the beginning and read. I'd guess you can finish in less than an hour and you will have a good idea how things progressed. This will help you immensely.

I know how its played, I've had 2 seasons of the same mythic gears. Not tired of them but it is what it is. There's very few participants to the forums compared to the number of players. And a lot of new players who just started this season also. I was just saying that implying that they've made a dumb decision for gearing up their toon at the end of a season they had no clue was ending is presumptuous

Morholt
01-15-2014, 08:16 PM

Sent from my SCH-I545 using TapatalkThere have been threads popping up for months asking when it'll be/it is due.

And you know what? Let's say for the sake, "what about people who don't use the forum?" Well, you can make a bad decision thinking it's the best at that moment. In life, you will NEVER have all the facts & information about something. You are left to make a decision. And it can end up being either bad or good. And you can't go back on a lot of decisions.
You could go out and meet a chick. You chose to have sex with her. You end up with AIDS as a result. You made the decision. It ended up being a bad one. You can't undo the decision.

For forum users, though...it's making a mistake while not looking at all the information around you. Which is on you entirely for not making the best educated choice you could have.

But it won't be a horrible choice...lvl 36 mythic will be the second best in the game (3rd, if there are 41 arcane as well). It'll be good gear to be using. And very few people will even have the new lvl 41 gear. So really...these cries that lvl 36 mythic gear will be obsolete next season is ridiculous. You still have a full sason to enjoy them.

phillyr
01-15-2014, 08:19 PM
The demand is not low by any means. I just gave ullers plate to a guildmate that's a casual player but works very very hard farming to get mythic gears, just wasn't there yet. He had been paying for quite a while also just can't log the hours necessary to get it. He was the happiest guy I ever gifted something like that to. Outside of your circle is a whole entire game full of players who envy your gear and work hard for it only to fall short at the end of a season. We as the players set the gold prices if we don't like them, simply raise them as others have with the 36 mythic weapons. The demand is there for sure

Morholt
01-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Outside of your circle is a whole entire game full of players who envy your gear and work hard for it only to fall short at the end of a season. We as the players set the gold prices if we don't like them, simply raise them as others have with the 36 mythic weapons.

I hope this isn't direct at me. I don't have a single mythic item on any of my characters, with the exception of a single leprechaun pendant that I share among them through the stash. Never even owned any other mythic for a short period. Not just that, but I have never opened a single locked crate, nor even elite gold chest. But...I do have a nice stack of gold. My original goal was the filthy rich achievement without using any mythic gear and see how where gear development is at. I don't really merch much--and if I do, it's for small amounts...less than a day's worth of potions. And lately, the few things I've been trying to sell have me at a loss.
Also, I never really had a circle in this game. Until very recently, I've played without a guild. And my friends list comprised of people that I ran a lot of km3, hauntlet, and such with--a list of people where we barely chat at all. We just farm together.

So no. I am not one of those guys in a circle of mythic daggers & arcane staves. Nor do I think anyone I know in game has any of those. I think I know one person in the guild I recently joined who has a glaive.

By no means am I an Arcane Legends.baller.
But I do understand economics very well. I posted a very good reason why it will be very beneficial to the game if 41 mythics are released. Check post #26.

phillyr
01-15-2014, 09:35 PM
I hope this isn't direct at me. I don't have a single mythic item on any of my characters, with the exception of a single leprechaun pendant that I share among them through the stash. Never even owned any other mythic for a short period. Not just that, but I have never opened a single locked crate, nor even elite gold chest. But...I do have a nice stack of gold. My original goal was the filthy rich achievement without using any mythic gear and see how where gear development is at. I don't really merch much--and if I do, it's for small amounts...less than a day's worth of potions. And lately, the few things I've been trying to sell have me at a loss.
Also, I never really had a circle in this game. Until very recently, I've played without a guild. And my friends list comprised of people that I ran a lot of km3, hauntlet, and such with--a list of people where we barely chat at all. We just farm together.

So no. I am not one of those guys in a circle of mythic daggers & arcane staves. Nor do I think anyone I know in game has any of those. I think I know one person in the guild I recently joined who has a glaive.

By no means am I an Arcane Legends.baller.
But I do understand economics very well. I posted a very good reason why it will be very beneficial to the game if 41 mythics are released. I'll edit a link in in a moment.

No lol not at anyone in particular

Vasantanesa
01-16-2014, 12:52 AM
I did a bit of head math and I'm pretty sure that lv 36 mythic or arcane weapon and upgraded mythic armor will be a bit better than even the best tier lv 41 legendaries, especially if you take into account the ridiculous lv 36 weapon abilities. Top geared players will only have to worry about re gearing when new mythics/arcanes come out, which with the announced gear rollout will probably not be too soon, so they'll be kings/queens of the hill for quite a while even after the expansion.

Sceazikua
01-16-2014, 04:58 AM
Its confirmed!

Morholt
01-16-2014, 05:21 AM
Whoa, you're still playing D2?
I used to be a major addict.
First lvl 99 throw barb!

Sceazikua
01-16-2014, 05:27 AM
Its a great game and the base of all RPG games, so why not :p Its my first impression of RPG games (played since 2003 or something like that) :) I only play a mod now named Median XL (LOD is kind of boring now with only MFing all day .-.) and theres really a huge community at about 100 (or more) players online at good hours for the mod on realm!

Rare
01-16-2014, 06:28 AM
The Devs gave in to the pressure and allowed myths to be upgraded.

It was actually announced long before shuyal. Actually i believe it was during kraken. It wasnt the pressure they gave into, it was providing incentive for people to open crates and get them, then do the same for armors.

Rare
01-16-2014, 06:36 AM
The demand is not low by any means. I just gave ullers plate to a guildmate that's a casual player but works very very hard farming to get mythic gears, just wasn't there yet. He had been paying for quite a while also just can't log the hours necessary to get it. He was the happiest guy I ever gifted something like that to. Outside of your circle is a whole entire game full of players who envy your gear and work hard for it only to fall short at the end of a season. We as the players set the gold prices if we don't like them, simply raise them as others have with the 36 mythic weapons. The demand is there for sure

You know what i did in pl when i started playing? I never used gear from this cap. I used previous cap gear and saved my money. And farmed. And saved money for the NEXT cap.

While there may be people that want the latest and greatest, and it understandable, they should do their research and make informed purchases. Unless its an investment for the future, spending your entire fortune on something is pretty bad judgement anyway, imo.

Overall, I think its pretty short sighted to hamstring a game and take away one of its most important aspects to appease a small number of players.

phillyr
01-16-2014, 07:53 AM
You know what i did in pl when i started playing? I never used gear from this cap. I used previous cap gear and saved my money. And farmed. And saved money for the NEXT cap.

While there may be people that want the latest and greatest, and it understandable, they should do their research and make informed purchases. Unless its an investment for the future, spending your entire fortune on something is pretty bad judgement anyway, imo.

Overall, I think its pretty short sighted to hamstring a game and take away one of its most important aspects to appease a small number of players.

Soo u wear junk gear one season so u can use bad judgement next season to get the latest and greatest? What's the point in earning gold if you don't spend it? I've gone totally broke gearing up 2 seasons ago and stayed broke helping others do the same. I think my judgement is fine. lol... I'm not trying to be a jerk but I see both sides of the coin here and the game isn't crippled at all there's still massive amounts of players opening locked, massive amounts spending on gems, massive amounts buying elixers to get locked to sell to people who still wanna open them. If nobody was opening locked and the Platinum market was crippled so bad they had to make everybody get new armor, locked wouldn't be selling for 10k+ even right before a major update. But again... We have no clue what's gonna happen till they announce it so it isn't worth arguing over imo yall have a great day and gl to ya

Anarchist
01-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Let just cut this topic off, its just worsening the condition of the "upgrade addicted" victims anyway.

Because at the end sts will do exactly what will bring them more money and that's making old Lv36 myths NOT upgradeable and bringing out a new set of level 41 myths so that crates poppers can pop more crates hoping to loot the new myths.

New myths only obtainable from lockeds will make lockeds once a again very appetible this is the simple truth behind to whole matter, a farm less a farm more, at the end nobody really cares.

Limsi
01-16-2014, 08:14 AM
I remember spending 15m for the armor back when they were hot, 7m for the helm, 9.5 for the ring, 8m for the amulet, and 3.5m for the bow. (got lucky to snag one deal during double odds weekend) I was a witness how these items slowly depreciated over time due to some events and I gotta be honest with you guys: it was disheartening. Yet overall I knew this would happen since not everything around us are permanent... change is indeed inevitable.

I'm not a plat spender and relied heavily on constant farming and merching to earn my way to these entitlement. I knew at some point that everything that I've paid for will slowly decrease in value and I would have to do the things I did all over again to earn gold and take possession of the new gears that will come along with the expansion.

Come with me and let's farm like old school once the new season begins. . .

Rare
01-16-2014, 09:46 AM
What's the point in earning gold if you don't spend it?

Then what may I ask are you here complaining about? It normal to spend your gold to buy the gear you want. Right? And at the next expansion... its gone. Right? And from yoru comments, its seems you're one of those people who thinks "if its not the best... its junk". Well, more power to you. If you think that way, then by all means, spend all your gold on mythics when they are about to become "obsolete" (which they are not) for end game.

I saved my gold for one expansion so I could get the new gear earlier in the next expansion rather than waitingwaitingwaiting. If someone is struggling to make the gold, they should do this as well.

Also, I have no idea where the "plat market" came into the discussion.

inkredible
01-16-2014, 09:55 AM
+9 tarlok and + 9 mythic comparison
they said that mythic 36 should still be good for next season.. but i highly doubt they mean theyd be the best for the season..
taking it to consideration.. the gem upgrades may possibly diff for lvl 41 gears.. and this is how it looks now comparing mythic to tarlok
so id day.. mythics 36 next season will be relatively close to legendary and legendary may possibly even slightly better than mythics but not enough to trade the mythic for legends
idk if apollo mythic is full gemed, but i think he mightve compared it to a non- gemed legendary.. which ofcourse made it look like tarlok are far less than it is

the only big difference i really see if of course the armor/mana but other than that , tarlok gears are great this season

phillyr
01-16-2014, 10:01 AM
Then what may I ask are you here complaining about? It normal to spend your gold to buy the gear you want. Right? And at the next expansion... its gone. Right? And from yoru comments, its seems you're one of those people who thinks "if its not the best... its junk". Well, more power to you. If you think that way, then by all means, spend all your gold on mythics when they are about to become "obsolete" (which they are not) for end game.

I saved my gold for one expansion so I could get the new gear earlier in the next expansion rather than waitingwaitingwaiting. If someone is struggling to make the gold, they should do this as well.

Also, I have no idea where the "plat market" came into the discussion.

I'm not complaining about the upgrades I only got into the subject to say people who got their mythic upgrades within the last couple weeks aren't stupid people who made bad judgement call. .. They just got unlucky. And that's only IF sts went through the trouble if designing new mythics with new storyline and somehow tie the old storyline into it as well as the 400 ap points for upgrading. Idc what happens either way, doesn't bother me a bit. Somehow it got twisted into that and I apologize. Just throwing some credit and defense to the players that don't live in the forum, or been through several seasons. Nobody knows yet what's gonna happen. Like I said it wasn't my intention to argue the fact that we should have one set of armor for life of our toon

Limsi
01-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Using Devourer Bow of Potency +6 (and all other else are full super gems) I'd have to say that the lvl 41 legendaries will be close to the current mythics.

phillyr
01-16-2014, 10:12 AM
The part market came in because some people think they HAVE to introduce new armor to get people to open locked... not the case. Always new players joining spending a fortune to get all the crate objects. Old players who open a set amount every week regardless of their gear situation. I only stopped opening because I stopped looting goodies from them. Just because I have mythic gear in the beginning of nordr season didn't stop my hunger for locked nor did it hinder a massive amount of other geared players. I don't really care what they do with armor. Was just tired of the endless trolling posts of people who got their gear a little while ago and are extremely disappointed once they reached the top after countless hours of farming and merching they won't have top notch gear anymore

Rare
01-16-2014, 10:47 AM
The part market came in because some people think they HAVE to introduce new armor to get people to open locked... not the case.

I see, and you're right. There are still arcanes in there. But I'll say this. If the old mythic armors, helmets, ring, and pendants are still in there and are obsolete (hooks as well), I will not open a single crate.

Zeus
01-16-2014, 11:33 AM
+9 tarlok and + 9 mythic comparison
they said that mythic 36 should still be good for next season.. but i highly doubt they mean theyd be the best for the season..
taking it to consideration.. the gem upgrades may possibly diff for lvl 41 gears.. and this is how it looks now comparing mythic to tarlok
so id day.. mythics 36 next season will be relatively close to legendary and legendary may possibly even slightly better than mythics but not enough to trade the mythic for legends
idk if apollo mythic is full gemed, but i think he mightve compared it to a non- gemed legendary.. which ofcourse made it look like tarlok are far less than it is

the only big difference i really see if of course the armor/mana but other than that , tarlok gears are great this season

My helm is super gemmed and I compared to a full normal gem helm because there were no full super gemmed helms to compare with. Regardless, the difference should be minimal.

Also, keep in mind that the tarlok gear is seasonal gear. Campaign gear does not get the damage benefits, so, as I stated before - there will be lots of wiggle room that will make L41 elite legendaries still not as good as L41 mythics (although obviously the difference will not be as great this cap).

aarrgggggg
01-16-2014, 11:47 AM
So i have a legitimate question if new myths are released with the expansion lets say, new myth armor, helm, ring, pendant, and weapon all at lvl 41 cap what happens to the old mythics that are still currently dropping from locked crates the pendants, ring, and armor and helm? do they get discontinued? or do they continue to be in crates?
Option 1
lvl 41 myths now drop and lvl 26/31 myths discontinued
option 2
Both lvl 41 myths and lvl 26/31 myths drop

THOUGHTS???????????
Additional note lvl 41 myth weapons are almost certain, both lvl 31 and 36 had them 41 more than likely will also....making everyone who just paid between 20m and 30m for lvl 36 myth weapons pretty ticked would be my guess

Anarchist
01-16-2014, 12:37 PM
So i have a legitimate question if new myths are released with the expansion lets say, new myth armor, helm, ring, pendant, and weapon all at lvl 41 cap what happens to the old mythics that are still currently dropping from locked crates the pendants, ring, and armor and helm? do they get discontinued? or do they continue to be in crates?
Option 1
lvl 41 myths now drop and lvl 26/31 myths discontinued
option 2
Both lvl 41 myths and lvl 26/31 myths drop

THOUGHTS???????????
Additional note lvl 41 myth weapons are almost certain, both lvl 31 and 36 had them 41 more than likely will also....making everyone who just paid between 20m and 30m for lvl 36 myth weapons pretty ticked would be my guess

Ahahahah your sig made me laugh XD

Back to main thing:
The best thing to do would be upgrading only Lv 36 myths leaving the Lv 26/31 the way they are because of Lv gap difference.
BUT
The reality is that there won't be any upgrades, it isn't in Stg interest. A upgrade would mean that less lockeds will be popped by many players who already have the myth set because they will prefer to do the quest upon that many players don't want myths to be upgradable.

What do i have to say if you just bought a mythic dagger a myth set or a arcane staff?

Sorry for you dude.

Energizeric
01-16-2014, 04:20 PM
STS always said mythic gear should be equal to the elite legendary gear from one season later, and arcane gear should be equal to the elite legendary gear 2 seasons later. Other than the arcane hooks which are a bit worse than the level 36 architect quills, it seems that the rest of the gear has pretty much held up as was described:

Level 26 mythic helms are about equal to level 31 noble helms
Level 31 mythic armors are about equal to level 36 architect armors
Level 30 mythic amulets are about equal to the best level 36 legendary amulets
Level 31 mythic ring is about equal to the level 36 archon & troll rings

So if you want to make predictions going forward:

Level 36 mythic armors and helms should be about equal to the best level 41 legendary armors and helms
Level 36 mythic weapons should be about equal to the best level 41 weapons
Level 31 Arcane Maul should be about equal to the best level 41 weapons
Level 36 Arcane Staff should be better than any level 41 legendary weapons, and should be about equal to level 41 mythic weapons (when & if they are released)
Level 30/31 mythic weapons, rings & amulets will NOT be as good as the best level 41 legendary weapons, rings & amulets

As for Tarlok gear, just remember that holiday and event gear is often times better than other elite legendary gear and you never know what STS will do with such gear. In PL the winterfest gear was always the best twink gear, the forgotten event bows were among the best bows, and the 2012 halloween weapons were also very good. So you never know what is going to happen with holiday gear, and often times it will not coincide with other patterns. But you also never know when STS will have one of these events, and what kind of gear they will include with it, so you cannot really plan for such things. You can only plan using the information above.

Morholt
01-16-2014, 07:54 PM
The locked market is doing good, yes. But...good is alright. If it was doing great, now THAT would be good! (Anyone get the quote there?)

If the locked had new mythics, the price would go up very high. The risk:reward aspect would make opening them much more worthwhile. Nobody is opening locked gear for the current mythic amulets...way better to just buy/trade for one. The armor & helm will aren't really worth it either. pretty much, the only reason now to open a crate are the arcane weapons & pets and mythic ring. And as if getting a mythic isn't hard enough...arcanes have a drop rate less than half of mythics!

The people who open a set amount would likely raise that number. Crate farmers would make decent gold again. When there are mythic items from crates worth 8-20 million, way more will be opened by a lot more people. People may even become crate openers.

Also, don't expect the lvl 41 legendary gear to be scaled up Tarlok gear. It'll be like scaled up architect gear.

As for "what happens with old mythic gear & hooks, in relation to crates?" Well, when the 36 mythic weapons came about, the 31 mythic weapons weren't lootable. Most likely, the mythic helm & armor and hooks will stop coming from crates; however, they will remain lootable from their elite gold chests (thus, keeping some value to these chest & giving people reason to still farm the kraken & Nordr maps, along with making it possible for people to acquire the items for twink characters.

As for the mythic AP quest, I posted a very simple & good solution to it in a reply to a thread. It is in the suggestions forum and the thread is titled something like 'the elephant in the room.'

Sceazikua
01-17-2014, 07:43 AM
What if they didnt let you (I mean the cryers) upgrade mythic this season? Would you come and cry for the upgrade? So why will you cry if they wont let you do it again?

Rianaku
01-27-2014, 06:46 PM
In the end, I would love to see farming become a better way to make money than it currently is.
Because atm I think it's highly unbalanced compared to merching or buying Plat.

I see a few different suggestions on here that would cause this, from both sides of the story (non-upgradeable, upgradeable).

But I honestly think the real question isn't, should they be upgradeable or not, I think it's how we can make $$$. If we can make $$$ from a wider range of sources and items because a higher range of items are in demand (not just mythics), then essentially, a better balance will occur.

By a better balance I mean, buying Plat will still get you to the best the fastest (as it always will) but farming gears etc will actually get you there fast enough that you don't give up before you get the best, or get the best just as a new expansion and the new best gears come in.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Peace ~

Bigdoggy
01-28-2014, 11:13 AM
how about the time consuming upgrading quest needs something material inside locked, which is easy to get within 10 crates, but not tradable?

Hectororius
01-28-2014, 11:26 AM
So many schemes to try and get your gear upgraded.... no mas por favor.

Hectororius
01-29-2014, 10:16 AM
How about this. In a few months time, we won't care about upgrading our current mythics to whatever level. We'll just enjoy the game and continue playing with newer and better gear.

the upgraded mythics will become tradeable at lvl 36, so whatever it sells for fine, you can get some money back from it.

the helm and armor will still be available from respective elite chests at their respective levels, and if you still want to get the [Hero of Legend] AP, you'll still need to get the mythic armors and complete the existing quest to get the AP.

Why would you bother with this? Here's why. you'll have the use of the helm for 15 Levels (26-41 cuz it will still be good at lvl 41)!!!!!!!!! and you'll have use of the armor for 10 levels (again it will be good till lvl 41). And if you are completionist about APs, you will take the time to invest in getting the armor and completing the quest like everyone else that has gone through the process. Will the mythics still cost millions to get at this point? probably not, but they will still be worth more than the gears at lvl 26-41 currently will be.

Life goes on, we'll have cool looking mythic Dragon gear (oh look, the mythic gears relate to the newer story lines) and people will be happy running around smashing mobs and killing each other in PvP.

j3peaz
01-29-2014, 12:21 PM
If they take out original mythic helm and armor from locks, then they should up the rate in the elites some to make it possible for those who need em for APS to get without having to open thousands of chests. A lot of people have already obtained them and most of the sources of them( crate openers) will have moved on to next big thing. That is going to make it difficult for newer players to get the items to get the ap.

Zylx
01-30-2014, 02:23 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/5e6/152/b3f/resized/ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-don-t-understand-therefore-aliens-29e979.jpg

Daddyblu
01-30-2014, 02:42 AM
We need new items! Arcane Helm and armor , new mythic rings and amulet.

I had enough with weapons and pets... it makes me puke

Bornof1000Kings
01-30-2014, 05:26 PM
I preface my opinion with the note that I am one of the players who has worked hard for quite some time (longer than I'd admit) to be in a position, only recently, to spend 4.5+M on the mythic helm and armor (within the last month). Now, admittedly, a lot of my warrior's wealth is not very fluid (bound to the set) as I also made the decision to upgrade the set to lvl36; this is a decision some might call stupid given the upcoming expansion (though I upgraded my armor before announcement) but I'm happy with the use I'm getting out of the set at the moment. If anything I am able to use it to solo the Arena, which I couldn't do before with demonlord, hellish or juggernaut set.

A lot of good points have been made thus far and it seems like the best answer is some combination of opinions.

It seems to me like things will get very stale if people are allowed to upgrade their lvl36 mythic sets. The lvl 36 mythic set will probably be as good or better than most, if not all of the upcoming legendary sets. Some of the legendary sets may of course have higher str/int/dex values than the mythics given their levels, but I'd bet the armor value of the mythic still makes it more than useful. I don't think any of us who paid the 4-5M and upgraded can really complain much about this fact. It's not like it's a surprise in terms of the life of mythic items. Being allowed to upgrade the set this season was a surprise, even a gift.

So if you don't upgrade the current lvl 36 mythic armors and helms do you release lvl 41 mythics? The answer again, to me, is no. There just doesn't seem like there would be enough of a jump in stats to make lvl41 mythic armors and helms all that significant (other than just a different look). There will probably be at least one or two upcoming legendary sets that alleviate this issue of monotony a bit (meaning they will be a viable alternative to mythics for people who want a different look). If you really want to release something special then maybe its about time for Arcane armors and helms. This really seems like the better alternative to releasing lvl41 mythics. Releasing Arcane armors and helms might be a good way to flush out some of the gold wasting away in inventories (good for the economy to spread the wealth a bit). I could see where someone could argue that it is still too soon to release Arcane (maybe wait for lvl46 if and when it comes around) but I just don't get any argument for upgrading current lvl36 mythics or releasing lvl41 mythics.

In terms of the locked/chest situation I agree with the above poster: take the lvl26/31 mythics out of locked crates but still have them drop in elite gold pirate/war chests. This is a good way to control the amount of mythics available; if they become too numerous they lose significance, but if they become too rare given all the upgrading to lvl36 then the Hero of Legend AP becomes way too expensive and really a bit unnecessary. If a new mythic or arcane set is released at any point then this seems like the only answer.

And finally, as far as the 'boundness' of the current lvl36 mythics is concerned the best course of action may be to create a quest line that 'unbounds' the mythic armor and helm. This ensures that anyone (like myself) who has lvl36 mythic isn't totally out of any investment they've made while also helping some people who want mythic but maybe aren't concerned so much with the AP to buy the lvl36 mythic to be better equipped for the upcoming expansion. Having an 'unbounding' quest line also helps to control the flow of lvl36 mythics into the marketplace (stabilizing the value just a bit).

That's all I got....for now.

Anarchist
01-31-2014, 12:21 AM
Agree!

Energizeric
01-31-2014, 12:39 AM
I preface my opinion with the note that I am one of the players who has worked hard for quite some time (longer than I'd admit) to be in a position, only recently, to spend 4.5+M on the mythic helm and armor (within the last month). Now, admittedly, a lot of my warrior's wealth is not very fluid (bound to the set) as I also made the decision to upgrade the set to lvl36; this is a decision some might call stupid given the upcoming expansion (though I upgraded my armor before announcement) but I'm happy with the use I'm getting out of the set at the moment. If anything I am able to use it to solo the Arena, which I couldn't do before with demonlord, hellish or juggernaut set.

A lot of good points have been made thus far and it seems like the best answer is some combination of opinions.

It seems to me like things will get very stale if people are allowed to upgrade their lvl36 mythic sets. The lvl 36 mythic set will probably be as good or better than most, if not all of the upcoming legendary sets. Some of the legendary sets may of course have higher str/int/dex values than the mythics given their levels, but I'd bet the armor value of the mythic still makes it more than useful. I don't think any of us who paid the 4-5M and upgraded can really complain much about this fact. It's not like it's a surprise in terms of the life of mythic items. Being allowed to upgrade the set this season was a surprise, even a gift.

So if you don't upgrade the current lvl 36 mythic armors and helms do you release lvl 41 mythics? The answer again, to me, is no. There just doesn't seem like there would be enough of a jump in stats to make lvl41 mythic armors and helms all that significant (other than just a different look). There will probably be at least one or two upcoming legendary sets that alleviate this issue of monotony a bit (meaning they will be a viable alternative to mythics for people who want a different look). If you really want to release something special then maybe its about time for Arcane armors and helms. This really seems like the better alternative to releasing lvl41 mythics. Releasing Arcane armors and helms might be a good way to flush out some of the gold wasting away in inventories (good for the economy to spread the wealth a bit). I could see where someone could argue that it is still too soon to release Arcane (maybe wait for lvl46 if and when it comes around) but I just don't get any argument for upgrading current lvl36 mythics or releasing lvl41 mythics.

In terms of the locked/chest situation I agree with the above poster: take the lvl26/31 mythics out of locked crates but still have them drop in elite gold pirate/war chests. This is a good way to control the amount of mythics available; if they become too numerous they lose significance, but if they become too rare given all the upgrading to lvl36 then the Hero of Legend AP becomes way too expensive and really a bit unnecessary. If a new mythic or arcane set is released at any point then this seems like the only answer.

And finally, as far as the 'boundness' of the current lvl36 mythics is concerned the best course of action may be to create a quest line that 'unbounds' the mythic armor and helm. This ensures that anyone (like myself) who has lvl36 mythic isn't totally out of any investment they've made while also helping some people who want mythic but maybe aren't concerned so much with the AP to buy the lvl36 mythic to be better equipped for the upcoming expansion. Having an 'unbounding' quest line also helps to control the flow of lvl36 mythics into the marketplace (stabilizing the value just a bit).

Actually, if you have a quest to "unbound" the lvl36 set, then many who have this set is going to do it as soon as they upgrade to better gear, and prices on those lvl36 mythics will come crashing down. The only thing currently keeping the prices high is that once the set is upgraded to 36, it can no longer be sold. So the supply of the level 26 helm & 31 armor are staying decently high because new players will always need of these because of the crafting quest. And because the price of the helm and armor are 1m+, it is fine to leave them in locked crates.

Now the mythic amulets and ring are a different story. There is no quest there, and so the supply of these items being dumped on the market is huge, and as you can see, the prices have come crashing down. Amulets are selling as low as 250k now, and the ring is down to 1.5m. In hindsight, it appears that allowing a rare item to be upgraded for the purpose of a quest which grants achievement points, but then making it bound to the character is a good way to keep the price on that item high indefinitely. The supply of those items dropping keeps being used up and thus there is always room on the market for more. I wouldn't be opposed to them making an upgrade quest for the mythic ring and amulet, just the same way they did for the armor and helm last season. And the mythic weapons don't need any sort of upgrade since they are discontinued.

Arcane items are rare enough that they will never need upgrades and will always retain somewhat high prices. We can see that from the lvl26 hooks, which are no longer usable at end game, and still go for 8m+.

I know that some of you have been critical that I only talk about the effects of these decisions on the economy, and you think I have a bias because I'm a merchant. But please understand that a healthy economy is what makes this game fun for all of you, even those of you who are poor. Because if the economy stalls, it is the poor players who are hurt the most since there will be no more effective ways for you to earn gold. If you want to keep prices of the farmable legendaries high, then you have to keep the prices of mythics and arcanes high. Otherwise the whole market comes crashing down, and then everyone complains that there is no way to make any money. STS wants to keep the prices of mythics and arcanes high so that people keep spending plat to open crates. So the end goal of both STS and the players should be the same here.

Madnex
01-31-2014, 04:03 AM
Next upgrades will be on rings/amulets in about one month and a half. The truth has been spoken. It's either that or new gems.

VanRah
02-26-2014, 06:21 AM

I thought many players said they were bored and wanted to farm. This is the occasion, you will farm like a dog to upgrade your mythic.

I hope it isn'true that all you guys just want to really do is pop your crates and hope in looting a new myth gear so you can sell it at a outrageous price to players who don't have that amount and won't be able to get the money through just farming?
(there is a limit of money you can get through just farming, you know.)

I finished the thanks for the day lol so thanks

VanRah
02-26-2014, 06:37 AM
In the end, I would love to see farming become a better way to make money than it currently is.
Because atm I think it's highly unbalanced compared to merching or buying Plat.

I see a few different suggestions on here that would cause this, from both sides of the story (non-upgradeable, upgradeable).

But I honestly think the real question isn't, should they be upgradeable or not, I think it's how we can make $$$. If we can make $$$ from a wider range of sources and items because a higher range of items are in demand (not just mythics), then essentially, a better balance will occur.

By a better balance I mean, buying Plat will still get you to the best the fastest (as it always will) but farming gears etc will actually get you there fast enough that you don't give up before you get the best, or get the best just as a new expansion and the new best gears come in.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Peace ~

This!!!

VanRah
02-26-2014, 06:44 AM

I agree. Even if at this point the old mythics could simply get upgraded n the new arcane introduced, but since STS doesn't want to upgrade them at least they should let players gain something from having the lvl36 mythics

notfaded1
02-28-2014, 01:45 PM
My level 31 runic gun is better than every single level 36 legendary mage weapon. Yes, it is not as good as a level 36 mythic staff or level 36 arcane staff, but it is better than every legendary item that exists. Same goes for my level 31 mythic blood ruby ring -- it is better than every single level 36 legendary ring.

This isn't 100% true but mostly... I have a super'd archon ring of force that gives me more dex on my rogue than my fully super mythic ring. The only drawback is the health that blood ruby give me I'd be missing with the archon... so it's a trade off.

Sceazikua
03-01-2014, 05:33 AM
I totally agree with Energizeric that we dont make lvl 36 mythics tradeable. It is pointless, because if it ever was tradeable it would flood the market and you guys will see how much they are worth then. And, if each of you could only upgrade one set, it is pointless to give that to someone else that they cant upgrade theirs so they cant get the AP.
Suggestion: turn the mythic sets into an egg. It would make the sets gone forever, so the suply and price still remains. Everyone wants that new pet.

VanRah
03-02-2014, 04:44 AM
I totally agree with Energizeric that we dont make lvl 36 mythics tradeable. It is pointless, because if it ever was tradeable it would flood the market and you guys will see how much they are worth then. And, if each of you could only upgrade one set, it is pointless to give that to someone else that they cant upgrade theirs so they cant get the AP.
Suggestion: turn the mythic sets into an egg. It would make the sets gone forever, so the suply and price still remains. Everyone wants that new pet.

Oh this idea seems cool!!!
Trading the mythic armor set for another item. I hope for an arcane pet trade then lol

Xhenena
03-29-2014, 01:17 PM
I like it too. But very much doubt it will be arcane pet. Thats too easy. Mythic at the most, but for sure legendary

darthdlo
03-29-2014, 07:48 PM
Im average\hardcore player I play all three classes capped each toon every season but I work a 60+ hour work week and it takes me every bit of a season to stay on an upper tier lvl. I just finished putting full mythic gear on all toons and now I need to cap them and earn new aps. If they released 1 season mythics I wouldn't even bother with them. I say do current upgrade system for even 3 months then turn them to vanity and release new pieces because I won't probably twink anytime soon and won't wear it much after its weak

Kakashis
03-29-2014, 08:04 PM
If I could sell my set I would

Fiasaria
04-19-2015, 12:32 PM
is almost imposible for no plat players to get the imbued

i got my mythic set just beacuse i bougth / before was easy to player make millions just with lockeds, i did my first 1m just farming lockeds but since locked get that cheap is imposible to us get good money

Zylx
04-19-2015, 12:44 PM

i got my mythic set just beacuse i bougth / before was easy to player make millions just with lockeds, i did my first 1m just farming lockeds but since locked get that cheap is imposible to us get good money

Please look at the dates before you necro threads

Item
04-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Please look at the dates before you necro threads

Please stop being a kill joy...

Schnitzel
04-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Please stop being a kill joy...

He's just pointing out that this thread is over a year old, and should not be necro-ed. thats all.
I doubt he's trying to be a killjoy

Titanfall
04-19-2015, 02:43 PM
It seems the epidemic has come back

*Jabs myself*I'm safe!

Imsofancy
04-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Its not really a necro if the topic is relative to some current topic.

MissVzla
04-19-2015, 03:49 PM

No is imposible :) i have friend no plat user just farmers and patience players

Caabatric
04-19-2015, 06:19 PM
No is imposible :) i have friend no plat user just farmers and patience players

It's just extremely hard. c:

Kevin Halim
04-20-2015, 05:31 AM
PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE

Once upon a time, players were allowed to upgrade their mythic armor and helm to higher level. Now some of these people are hopelessly addicted like drug fiends, and all they think about is possible future ways to upgrade their mythic and arcane items. No amount of reasoning, discussion, or distraction seems to convince them otherwise or get their minds off of the subject.

Senior Arlorian health officials have named this condition Upgraditis. If you suffer from Upgraditis, I suggest you get help immediately as the condition could be fatal if left untreated....
LOL. The way u describing it just made my day

Wazakesy
04-20-2015, 06:01 AM
PUBLIC HEALTH NOTICE

I know i am doing a bit of Necro'ing. But you know, this post is so hilarious...