PDA

View Full Version : Please pay attention on trades

Freobr
01-14-2014, 03:17 PM
Today... was a great day.

I was selling mirage for 3.4 guy was like ok.. he put 3.4m and he said here I dont need this put halloween armor and idk
how he changed the money to 350k at the same time and I got scammed... It was so quick didnt even notice Iit.

Please guys pay attention now might happen to you too and you won't even notice it..

Heads up guys

Mennddoza
01-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Oh man, im so sorry that happened to you. It sucks

Chopper
01-14-2014, 03:23 PM
Oh man, im so sorry that happened to you. It sucks

sorry to hear.

if the offer sounds too good to be true, be extra careful!

Imcarla
01-14-2014, 03:29 PM

I was selling mirage for 3.4 guy was like ok.. he put 3.4m and he said here I dont need this put halloween armor and idk
how he changed the money to 350k at the same time and I got scammed... It was so quick didnt even notice Iit.

Please guys pay attention now might happen to you too and you won't even notice it..

Heads up guys

Oh no, i'm sorry to hear that. :(

It almost happened to me yesterday. I was trading a guy who kept saying"selling green ice xbow for 100k!", so i tought i was a good deal, and i traded. He showed me the green xbow and imidiatly left trade and said "sorry lag", he traded again and instead of puting the green ice xbow he tried to sell me the blue shivering xbow (the green and blue shivering items have the same names, so it's hard to see).I almost did the trade but i paid attention luckly.

Always pay attention when you trade someone, that's why there is a second "confirm" required when you trade.

Shonex
01-14-2014, 03:34 PM
Freobr told me IG about this, but just look at those people. Just imagine the kind of people that are behind those characters. You need to have some dignity, those people I'm afraid, don't have it...
Thank you Freobr for letting us know about this scam, but be cautious in the future. If you need any help please do ask me here on the forums or IG via PM.

Fusionstrike
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
It's so easy to mis-read numbers in the millions in the current interface, both trade window and CS listings. The difference between 5 and 6 zeroes at the end of a number can get even a careful player. STS could make these kinds of scams nearly impossible to pull off if they'd just add comma separators to large numbers. You might misread the difference between 3400000 and 340000, but you're pretty much guaranteed to see 3,400,000 vs 340,000.

RATTANSINGHNAGRA
01-14-2014, 03:45 PM
It's so easy to mis-read numbers in the millions in the current interface, both trade window and CS listings. The difference between 5 and 6 zeroes at the end of a number can get even a careful player. STS could make these kinds of scams nearly impossible to pull off if they'd just add comma separators to large numbers. You might misread the difference between 3400000 and 340000, but you're pretty much guaranteed to see 3,400,000 vs 340,000.
Truth

XghostzX
01-14-2014, 05:05 PM

Agreed. This is an easy implication that's a must have.

Trenton
01-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Why doesn't STS do the same thing with AL? In AL, to avoid scamming, they put commas where they should be. Considering the gold cap is 100 mil in AL, 10000000 doesn't look far away from 100000000 and it should be implemented in this game

Sheugokin
01-14-2014, 06:23 PM
Prolly they will say it is too much code. Hopefully not.

Nekza
01-14-2014, 06:54 PM
+1 Fusionstrike

ThePvpTwink
01-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Sorry to hear that... :(

Everyone'sFavMage
01-14-2014, 07:31 PM
Nice suggestion fusion. You really got some great ideas.

VVake
01-14-2014, 07:56 PM

Heads up guys

It almost happened to me yesterday. I was trading a guy who kept saying"selling green ice xbow for 100k!", so i tought i was a good deal, and i traded. He showed me the green xbow and imidiatly left trade and said "sorry lag", he traded again and instead of puting the green ice xbow he tried to sell me the blue shivering xbow (the green and blue shivering items have the same names, so it's hard to see).I almost did the trade but i paid attention luckly.

Always pay attention when you trade someone, that's why there is a second "confirm" required when you trade.
Exact same thing happened to me. Except he wqs like "Sorry my brotber was pulling on me" I immideatley reported him

Eearay
01-14-2014, 07:56 PM
Today I was buying some glyphic blade steels from someone and at last minute he changed them to glyphic weapon woods, and I didn't even notice! So, I ended up paying 640k for two glyphic weapon woods.. Sigh

Int
01-14-2014, 08:01 PM

Heads up guys

That happened to me this morning, Probably the same guy I encountered, he was talking about some Bruce lee movies trying to distract me lmao

Cheenivie
01-14-2014, 10:00 PM

Who knew xplicit had smart people in it;) Thought we were just a bunch a trolls that tried to pve:)

Jk you rock man! Keep up the capping and sword vlods face for all those deaths he got us in our numerous runs to reach the cap!

Imcarla
01-14-2014, 10:19 PM
That happened to me this morning, Probably the same guy I encountered, he was talking about some Bruce lee movies trying to distract me lmao

Yeah he tried to distract me and almost got me. :(

aav5224
01-14-2014, 10:55 PM
Watch what u put in Cs .. I had 3 lvl 73 flying helm and 1 swift helm .. I put the swift helm for 150k...

Freobr
01-15-2014, 12:40 AM
Yah now I've lost total of 11mil to scammers. And no matter how fair you want to be towards everyone you always get @$!* back from kids.

I did check its 3. 4 and he changed it and that I didn't..

Suchislife
01-15-2014, 01:07 AM
11M... No offense but shouldn't you have been much more careful after the first few times :/ but I guess scammers have their tricky ways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Extreme
01-15-2014, 03:45 AM
A friend of mine got scammed like this too.. its Always in this steps:

1. Inserts the correct amount of gold, Then u started to count them
2. They'll say "k" which will make u read and didn't see him/her change the gold amount.
3. To prevent you from looking at the gold again He/she will add pinks which will distract your attention once again.
4. You confirmed

Shonex
01-15-2014, 07:09 AM
A friend of mine got scammed like this too.. its Always in this steps:

1. Inserts the correct amount of gold, Then u started to count them
2. They'll say "k" which will make u read and didn't see him/her change the gold amount.
3. To prevent you from looking at the gold again He/she will add pinks which will distract your attention once again.
4. You confirmed
I agree to this. But!
There is always that second screen. After you confirm the trade on the first screen, you are going to be asked again, for the second time. And you can count those zeros and look at the items there.
Just be careful, please.

Freobr
01-15-2014, 10:51 AM
People have a completely different perspective on how to play games... but usually it tells others that they are just like that in real life too.. immature etc.

I shouldn't be worrying on every trade am I being tricked. But there's always that kind of people.

So what I do always is go 2 steps forward 1 backwards 2 steps forward 1 step backwards. Always

billybob1
01-15-2014, 11:43 AM
U guys r all funny..how bout........

U CLOSE UR CHAt WINDOW N JUST DO THE TRADE N SMALL TALK AFTER!!
duhhhhhh..then u can't blame it on them talking

Zeus
01-15-2014, 11:48 AM

They've implemented for AL, the least they could do is implement it in PL as well.