PDA

View Full Version : New Scam Alert

Pin
01-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey everyone,

As title stated, new scam alerts. People are always trying new ways to scam others in game. What we can do, is to be extra careful.

This is what I encountered:
I was standing in outpost and I saw this level 9 rogue wearing red arlor set, I asked him/her how much it was, and he told me 2m for whole set.
I traded him, and put 2m gold. Later, he told me to add vanity, so I cancel the trade and remove my vanity and traded him again.
After I put 2m gold + my vanity, he did not put red arlor set, instead he put red founders set. I saw it, and cancel immediately.

I was lucky and careful.

This person (scammer) has been creating many level 7-9 rogues wearing noob equips + red arlor set in outpost to bait people. And he/she changes names everytime, I'm guessing that each time the scams succeeded, he will put the gold and red arlor set in stash and remake toons using random names generator to avoid getting reported and start the scam again.
I have seen that rogue many many times, and a friend of mine almost got scammed today but after I told him how the scammer works, he said I knew everything he was gonna do. So, I decided to post here and hope lesser people will get scammed.

Remember, always be careful, check digits and items.

Doomreaper
01-14-2014, 06:36 PM
ive actually been seeing him a lot as well, but i just thought he wasnt able to sell it yet. glad you told me :)

Spyce
01-14-2014, 06:41 PM
I know who you're talking about!
He/she tried it on my today.

Kakashis
01-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Seen them. Lame trick. Nothing works on me anymore.

chitgoks
01-14-2014, 07:01 PM
bet you that toon is from sts ;)

basketholic209
01-14-2014, 08:55 PM
Actually not too new.
Another variation:
Lunar Pendant vs Leprechaun Pendant
Myth Armor vs Myth Helm

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

MayaNatsume
01-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Cheers for info, bro

Impact
01-14-2014, 09:36 PM
Best way is to buy from cs

Prahasit Prahi
01-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Well I've learnt a lot about being scammed and being careful daily and checking not to get scammed because I lost millions of gold in scams a couple of times

Thanks a lot for posting and will be carefull

Spyce
01-14-2014, 11:25 PM

Everything in CS is OP though.

Hoardseeker
01-14-2014, 11:28 PM
but check the amount in CS at least 2 times there are locked chest in CS priced 2mil! So be careful in CS too :)

Milan Lame Man
01-15-2014, 08:37 AM
I was standing in outpost and I saw this level 9 rogue wearing red arlor set, I asked him/her how much it was, and he told me 2m for whole set.

Well if YOU initiate the meeting/trade, I would not call it scam. Obviously you were the one hoping to get it cheap.
Too many people want to buy my vanity/jack/lepre for me to believe they want to offer a fair price.

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 09:20 AM
This trick is neither new nor that complicated, it only happens if you miss point 6 and 7 of this: Official scam patrol guide. (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?131674-Al-official-quot-scam-patrol-quot-guide)

Dont be greedy.
Dont be in haste.

Pin
01-15-2014, 07:54 PM
Well if YOU initiate the meeting/trade, I would not call it scam. Obviously you were the one hoping to get it cheap.
Too many people want to buy my vanity/jack/lepre for me to believe they want to offer a fair price.

I initiate the trade, but the price was given by the seller himself. And if that seller said 2m for red arlor set and he put red founders set I would consider it a scam/trick. And if you can buy something cheaper than auction, why not? If you can get the exact same item for 1m and 2m which would u prefer?

Pin
01-15-2014, 07:56 PM
This trick is neither new nor that complicated, it only happens if you miss point 6 and 7 of this: Official scam patrol guide. (www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?131674-Al-official-quot-scam-patrol-quot-guide)

Dont be greedy.
Dont be in haste.

Yep, it's nothing new. But lately my friends and I encountered it, so decided to post it to warn others.

silbersmile
01-15-2014, 08:00 PM
nice info

Impact
01-15-2014, 08:02 PM
but check the amount in CS at least 2 times there are locked chest in CS priced 2mil! So be careful in CS too :)
Only some rich newb would do that