PDA

View Full Version : Kershal needs nerf!!

Nagin
01-15-2014, 01:43 AM
With kershal, mage is supposed to be overpowered class at lvl 36,but its not!!!
At 26 cap rogues one hit every1 in pvp and at 31 cap warrior became Unbeatable with maul high damage+super cool proc+high hp, defence but lvl 36 mage with staff still struggles in pvp!!!

Kershal may be cool in in pve but it sucks in pvp!! Arcane weapon is supposed to be perfect!!

I was lucky to loot a staff and heres my opinion :-

1) long charging time and less damage than uncharged attack!! It takes like 5 secs to charge it.. This is slowest among all weapons i've used in game.

2) proc is good in pve but on pvp its not good at alll...

We needs stuns, armour buffs :/ we are so squishy :(

utpal
01-15-2014, 03:07 AM
use mythic gun. problem solved

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 03:11 AM
The arcane staff is so powerful that an arcane mage can kill another mage even while cursed as the damage is still way higher than the amount of damage being reflected back, and an arcane mage has such high health just because of the base stats. It is really an overpowered weapon, and if I had one I'd be whooping all your butts! haha! :p

falmear
01-15-2014, 03:13 AM
Mage is the worst PvP class and no one weapon is going to fix this. STS isn't going to do anything about this because I posted about this a long time ago. This season is now over and the arcane staff will start to decline in power starting next season, in one month. I suggest you sell your staff now and go start a warrior or rogue character. If there is an arcane bow you'll probably have enough gold to buy one sometime next season. Then you can go around and one shot mages.

Hoardseeker
01-15-2014, 03:14 AM
use mythic gun. problem solved
0.o mythic gun? Don't make to use that word lol

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 04:01 AM
IMO mages are really weak but instead of a enhancement to your arcane weapons i reccomend you asking for overall enhancement on health and armor plus good adjustment on skills like sheild and heal.

Not everyone has a scepther dude.

Nagin
01-15-2014, 04:35 AM
Arcane hooks were nerfed, so why not arcane staff? I agree that am a new player so my skills are not the best... But still arcane staff needs a lil buff -_- how am i supposed to fight when i get instant killed just as my pink bubble blows? Even with full mythics, armour is only 1k -_-

And about that huge health pool, it goes down very fast energ when a arcane maul slams my butt..

The arcane items are supposed to be perfect -_-..

Ive tried some of the best builds, still i keep getting owned, not just me ive seen all mages ( kershal ones too) getting owned in pvp -_-...

Anarchist
01-15-2014, 05:54 AM
Arcane hooks were nerfed, so why not arcane staff? I agree that am a new player so my skills are not the best... But still arcane staff needs a lil buff -_- how am i supposed to fight when i get instant killed just as my pink bubble blows? Even with full mythics, armour is only 1k -_-

And about that huge health pool, it goes down very fast energ when a arcane maul slams my butt..

The arcane items are supposed to be perfect -_-..

Ive tried some of the best builds, still i keep getting owned, not just me ive seen all mages ( kershal ones too) getting owned in pvp -_-...

To nerf: Weaking a particular element of a game in under to balance the overall gameplay.

To buff: Enhancing a particular element of a game in order to give it a better performance than its earlier state

becky_xil
01-15-2014, 06:03 AM
Are u talking about buff the staff?

Send using my cellphone.. yes my cellphone

Alhuntrazeck
01-15-2014, 06:47 AM
Nagin, admittedly the staff is weaker than each arcane weapon was during its time - however, some mages are really the top of AL. For example, Creator or Hakoom with 600 damage. Gotta admit thats hard to beat.

So instead of a buff to the staff itself, we need one for the mage class in general.

matanofx
01-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Yeah mages suck@pvp and devs wont do anything about it till they try pvping with a mage, which they dont.

How do i know they dont? cause mages suck at pvp, lovely cycle.

The Kershal is very awesome in many ways but just a really good weapon isnt enough to make a lousy pvp char a dominant one.

In 5v5 each team needs a good mage but its really not that fun being support only, sometimes when i get snipped or sky smashed i want revenge but theres nothing i can do about it, yay -.-

Haligali
01-15-2014, 07:05 AM
Every kershal user says it sucks in pvp but you guys dont belive us. "game changer" o.O huh? yesterday we practiced a bit, me, tongashmash and another arcane mage got owned because our glaive warrior was unexperienced, wrong timing of horn, wrong pet. The another team got a maul warrior and 3 mage also but with legendary/mythic weapons. Most of the time i died during my staff proc.

I often got suggestions from others "depends on how to use it", im sorry but i think i play long enough to know what to do.

dantus
01-15-2014, 09:34 AM
I think mage damage overall is perfect in contrast to other classes. It is our survivability that is lacking. As many have stated before as soon as our shield is gone it's game over. A good example is in tdm..I wait to pop my shield until I am in range of enemy so that it's not down by the time I find them. More often than not I am blind sided by a rogue, who I can't see because of the camera angles, and I am 1 or 2 shotted.
I've said this before, the key to fixing mages is our shield. Buffing our heal to 100% Hp regain would cause stacking issues..100% heal 100% mana fill and 100% Hp regain to PARTY is op imo. A fix would need to be personal to an individual mage. Simply reducing the cool down of our shield to 15 seconds(the time shield lasts if not popped by damage ) would give us the survivability needed to balance our class. This may need tweaked (perhaps a diminishing % of damage reduction over time). Please let me know what you think if you play a mage .

Titanfall
01-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Arcane hooks were buffed because they were level 26. Infact there DPS was so low that it was lower than the level 36 shuyal pinks, That's why the hooks got buffed, Also rogues were made to be the damage dealers :) Smurfs aren't made for 1v1 situations because there the squishiest class and get stepped on by warriors and rogues pretty much instantly. Smurfs can still get owned by any class even with the staff, Just cause they have a arcane doesn't mean they'll turn from squishy mode to unstoppable tank damage mode. In a 5v5 clash if one team has a smurf with the arcane staff and knows how to use it, there's a good chance the team with the arcane smurf will win. Your just going to have to work as a team more if you don't want to get stepped on. :)

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 06:01 PM
The problem with mages in their current form is stuns..... In past seasons mages had one single advantage in PvP, and that was that we could stun the other classes. We are weaker, have the least health, and also have the least armor. But we could stun you, so that made the fight fair.

However, during this past season suddenly the other classes have just as good stuns as we do. Warriors with a glaive can stun me continuously. I have never played a warriors, but apparently they have some skill that can help them avoid stuns completely. So my fireball stun no longer works on a warrior. Rogues often dodge my fireball, so the stun from that only works some of the time against them.

Without an effective advantage in stunning, there is no way for a mage to win in PvP. That is what has changed. The Arcane Staff is not the issue. It is as powerful as it needs to be.

dantus
01-15-2014, 06:30 PM
The problem with mages in their current form is stuns..... In past seasons mages had one single advantage in PvP, and that was that we could stun the other classes. We are weaker, have the least health, and also have the least armor. But we could stun you, so that made the fight fair.

However, during this past season suddenly the other classes have just as good stuns as we do. Warriors with a glaive can stun me continuously. I have never played a warriors, but apparently they have some skill that can help them avoid stuns completely. So my fireball stun no longer works on a warrior. Rogues often dodge my fireball, so the stun from that only works some of the time against them.

Without an effective advantage in stunning, there is no way for a mage to win in PvP. That is what has changed. The Arcane Staff is not the issue. It is as powerful as it needs to be. I agree the weapon has nothing to due with this. A mythic mage has 0 chance vs an equally skilled arcane mage.
I disagree about stuns though. Every class has several forms of stuns. Your fireball doesn't stun rogues because after being STUNNED you are immune to stuns for I believe 7 seconds..so your second fireball will not stun. Panic and terrify however are still effective. Our defense need buffed imo. We should do less damage than a rogue but have more survivability than a rogue. Less survivability than a warrior but more damage. That is my opinion of course.

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 06:43 PM
I realize there is a 7 second stun immunity. My first fireball many times does not stun rogues, and none of my fireballs ever stun mythic/arcane warriors. The only thing that seems to stun warriors is pets, and since sorcerers have the same pets as any other class, there is no advantage there. Problem is that without the stun advantage, we are inferior in PvP. Sorcerers have the least survivability of any of the 3 classes, it is not more than a rogue. We have much less armor than rogues do and about the same health.

Int
01-15-2014, 06:52 PM
Nerf = Making an item weaker.
Your complaining kershal is weak and u want to Nerf it? Or do u mean "buff" it?

Azepeiete
01-15-2014, 06:57 PM

Without an effective advantage in stunning, there is no way for a mage to win in PvP. That is what has changed. The Arcane Staff is not the issue. It is as powerful as it needs to be.

Rogues can't dodge fireball because skills can't be dodged. Trust me, I've boosted 100 dodge with razor shield and I still get hit. Right now, mages and rogues are pretty even in fights, but warriors are toughies for both. I think juggernaut or feeble needs a little debuff, mages need more armor, rogues need a little lower mana consumption on pierce(should be even with aimed and nox). Just my opinion

dantus
01-15-2014, 06:59 PM
I misunderstood your comment about fireballs Energizeric. In current situation the easiest fix I can see is reducing the cool down on shield. Vs a warrior maybe you would have a chance to survive between heal casts though it would be a very long fight. Probably wouldn't help vs a rogue because you would be dead or victorious in 1st 15 seconds anyhow. But it is my opinion we have a descent chance vs most rogues atm, using a 3 damage skill build. As for dagger rogues vs mythic staff rogues I attribute the unbalance to weapon itemization. I've never wielded Kershal but I have to imagine using the right build I could take any rogue.

Azepeiete
01-15-2014, 07:01 PM
I misunderstood your comment about fireballs Energizeric. In current situation the easiest fix I can see is reducing the cool down on shield. Vs a warrior maybe you would have a chance to survive between heal casts though it would be a very long fight. Probably wouldn't help vs a rogue because you would be dead or victorious in 1st 15 seconds anyhow. But it is my opinion we have a descent chance vs most rogues atm, using a 3 damage skill build. As for dagger rogues vs mythic staff rogues I attribute the unbalance to weapon itemization. I've never wielded Kershal but I have to imagine using the right build I could take any rogue.

As dagger rogue with not super gem, arcane mages only really win if they get double stun or at least 2 light crits or 1 light crit and staff proc. and I'm not like some super star either, it's just a bit about luck. I agree mages need bit more armor, but Mages should NOT have anywhere near a rogues single target dmg, or the survivability of a war.

falmear
01-15-2014, 07:02 PM
Sorry despite the people who don't own an arcane staff commenting on this thread they are wrong. The charged attack on the staff is completely useless. This is something I pointed out a long time ago. And should have been fixed. This is a bug. How can you have a charged attack that does less damage then a regular attack. Also it is insanely slow to charge and only gives about 25% chance to do -10% crit and 30% snare. The 30% snare seems almost non-existent and doesn't inhibit any movement. The charged attack was suppose to have similar damage as a fireball but its no where close. I did a fairly detailed test on it and I am sorry but this doesn't measure up to being "arcane". The base stats are good but when you compare real world results against other classes 1v1 and 5v5 there is a lot to be desired. Also the proc is bad IMO because over time it gets worse on a percentage basis. Its about +8% now, as our damage increase next level it will be much less. Arcane maul gets group stun + -50% armor and we only get +8% damage boost? And don't forget the +10 mana regen. Oh la la.

Lastly saying that a curse from a mythic mage with a level 31 weapon doesn't kill a mage with a level 36 arcane staff proves is arcane staff is > mythic gun. This is something that would be expected. Hardly proof of anything. And the fact so many mages spec curse only demonstrates that our damage is so bad that we have to rely on others classes better damage to kill themselves.

dantus
01-15-2014, 07:12 PM
I've never used any arcane weapons. Is it useful to charge any of them?

falmear
01-15-2014, 07:33 PM
Just so everyone is clear this is the proc on the staff taken from this thread:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?112748-Realm-of-Shadows-Expansion-First-Look-At-Sorcerer-Arcane-Weapon

Normal attacks have a chance to proc +60 int, +10 mana regen for 8 seconds, and chance on hit to apply a pushback to enemies

I can't really say I ever noticed this pushback on a proc in PVP or PVE. Not like the proc on the gun for example. But I asked multiple people and they confirmed it does exist but its like a small nudge. But if you read various forum threads about this no one even mentions this feature. Because its basically non-existent IMO and not even listed in the proc description on the staff, so I have my doubts. This is the charged attack:

Charged Attack will 100% of the time cast a new Shadowflare spell. This is a shadow fireball with a chance to reduce enemy crit chance, and/or snare movement by 30%. It is an AoE spell with the area being equivalent to a charged fireball. This costs 0 mana, but does a little bit less damage than charged fireball. Charging takes 1.8 seconds.

One thing you should know about this Shadowflare spell, its the same kind of attack as on some mage epic weapons. They took this ball which gets cast and put it on the arcane staff and gave it a marketing name for it. Its nothing new but since most mages don't even use these weapons you probably never saw it before. Chance to reduce crit by 10% and/or snare movement by 30% has about 25% chance based on my tests. So in other words 75% chance of doing nothing. This "spell" was suppose to be similar damage as a charged fireball but in fact does less damage then a normal attack and about 50% less then a charged fireball. So how can this not be a bug? But nothing has ever been done about this. On top of that its like it seems to take much longer to charge then 1.8 seconds to charge. So why would you charge this if it takes so long to charge to do less damage with a 75% chance to do nothing? All I ever asked was for this to be fixed. At this point this conversation is pointless, this season is over even if they were to fix it tomorrow. Three months of silence on this is rather upsetting.

Energizeric
01-15-2014, 07:58 PM
Charged attack for most weapons is useless. I can't remember the last time I used my runic gun charged either. Skills are good charged, weapons not so much.

As for rogues and mages, yes I agree they are pretty balanced. But the glaive stun has made warriors with that weapon OP. I think it's even better than a maul even though it doesn't hit as hard. Constant stuns is a huge advantage.

katish
01-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Warriors land stuns a lot more often than mage do. it doesn't seem the 7 sec immunity applies to them

Enviado de meu GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk

falmear
01-15-2014, 08:20 PM
Charged attack for most weapons is useless. I can't remember the last time I used my runic gun charged either. Skills are good charged, weapons not so much.

As for rogues and mages, yes I agree they are pretty balanced. But the glaive stun has made warriors with that weapon OP. I think it's even better than a maul even though it doesn't hit as hard. Constant stuns is a huge advantage.

Charged attack on bows stun. So I don't know how you can say charged attack most weapons are useless. I am sure a lot of other weapons stun on a charged attack. But because mages have stuns on fireball, you probably don't notice it because of the stun immunity.

Haligali
01-15-2014, 08:33 PM

I charged always my runic gun: it does much more damage than on normal. Proc rate seems higher on charged. However there is a stun immunity, but if you land a charged shot with the runic flare on a warrior after a fireball, you can notice that he stops for a half second. It is a good way to cancel one of his skill.

Striderevil
01-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Mages and rogues are not balanced. Rogues do what they are meant to do effectively. They do single target high damage and apart from their dodge they have quick rushing in and can cancel movement impairing effects. Mages can't decently tank, cant dodge, can hardly stun, can't root and freeze occasionally works with slowing down enemies. Mages are basically pinatas for other classes to raise their rank stats. Want to make it equal? Allow their AoE damage to work by rooting their enemy or slowing them down etc.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Azepeiete
01-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Skills are undodgable.

Zeus
01-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Skills are undodgable.

This.

Only the effects of the skills, like stuns can be dodged. The damage, however, cannot.

Also, Falmear does have a point. Just like the whims, the arcane staff has VERY big issues. To completely ignore them both is just flat out rude to your customers.

They are arcane items..as your customers, we pay good money to enjoy them - so please, don't make us feel as if we wasted our cash.

Nagin
01-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Am actually surprised that kershal hasnt been fixed yet, its like the end of the season...
Ofc charging is bugged, charged shots are supposed to do more damage than normal shots.. Its charged attack is a purple nuclear blast which does very low damage and negligible push.. -_-

matanofx
01-16-2014, 03:05 AM
Learning alot from reading this, i only held the arcane staff for 2 hours and didnt have time to test it much so this is helpful

Its nice that STS made mythic eggs available (grimm) cause someone wanted to gift an egg to a friend, how sweet of them <3

But when the highest paying costumers ask for arcane items to be nothing more than fixed, they get ignored >.< not cool, they did a great job on this expansion but lousy job making the new arcanes worth the money people pay for them.

Anarchist
01-16-2014, 03:23 AM
Learning alot from reading this, i only held the arcane staff for 2 hours and didnt have time to test it much so this is helpful

Its nice that STS made mythic eggs available (grimm) cause someone wanted to gift an egg to a friend, how sweet of them <3

But when the highest paying costumers ask for arcane items to be nothing more than fixed, they get ignored >.< not cool, they did a great job on this expansion but lousy job making the new arcanes worth the money people pay for them.

At the end its all about money.

Anything that doesn't directly compromise their Income goes underground.

Endkey
01-16-2014, 04:09 AM
IMO mage lightning is as dangerous as Aimed shot..and if u are a good and experienced mage, you can prolly kill a rogue during the time you have the shield
If ur hp is 3.8k with a kershal u dnt even need a heal for 1v1s against rogues..just use fireball, shield, lightning, samael stun and one more hit...this usually kills a rogue with a little more than 3k hp...

will0
01-16-2014, 04:46 AM
No pro rogues have < 3k hp with dodge is even hard to hit. Mage lightning chance critical is only chance and we are talking about Kershal Charge skill which is an issue and the useless Mana regen for mage as an Arcane weapon here needs to be look at and improve.

Topic is not AS (stack critical) and seen some rogues with > 90% dodge with glacian. There is a topic on another separate thread on Aim shot vs Lightning refer : http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?116400-Lightning-vs-Aimed-Shot-shoot-out/page2

matanofx
01-16-2014, 05:23 AM
IMO mage lightning is as dangerous as Aimed shot..and if u are a good and experienced mage, you can prolly kill a rogue during the time you have the shield
If ur hp is 3.8k with a kershal u dnt even need a heal for 1v1s against rogues..just use fireball, shield, lightning, samael stun and one more hit...this usually kills a rogue with a little more than 3k hp...

All you need is kershal and sam and boom you can kill a rogue who spent 4 or 5 times less gold than you on gear yay -.-
Not to mention its really not true, endkey till you make a mage and pvp with it dont compare, ofcourse a mage can kill a rogue sometimes without heal but for so many reasons the rogue will win 3 or 4 times out of 5.

The leaderboard does not lie. And youre focusing on the wrong things here, re-read this thread.

Bless
01-16-2014, 06:00 AM

All you need is kershal and sam and boom you can kill a rogue who spent 4 or 5 times less gold than you on gear yay -.-
Not to mention its really not true, endkey till you make a mage and pvp with it dont compare, ofcourse a mage can kill a rogue sometimes without heal but for so many reasons the rogue will win 3 or 4 times out of 5.

The leaderboard does not lie. And youre focusing on the wrong things here, re-read this thread. The leaderboard has nothing to do with which class is better. 99% of people on LB retained their spots since S3 and earlier, so you cant compare class capabilities using the LB.

matanofx
01-16-2014, 06:18 AM
The leaderboard has nothing to do with which class is better. 99% of people on LB retained their spots since S3 and earlier, so you cant compare class capabilities using the LB.

Wasnt just referring to lb, go around and look at top rogues pvp stats on their avatar as apposed to top mages pvp stats on their avatar

Or the end screen of each pvp game with the kill scores

Or look at top mage vs top rogue fights, i think you get where im going with this, yes mages are good at support but it would be more than nice to stand on our own to feet.

Dont understand why people who never played mage even bother commenting here youre so 1 sided, theres a reason mage items are chepeast in auc and i mean mythics/pinks.

The reason is simply that less people play mage, why? ill let you find out the answer. And let this be my final comment here im not trying to hijack this thread, sorry if i kinda did.

Endkey
01-16-2014, 03:28 PM
Matanofx i have to constantly stun mages during 1v1 because i cannot afford to let them hit me..and by stun i mean my bow stun which makes me slower..my hp always stays near 30% but i still kill most..
notice that mages have the highest damage and almost 4k hp with kershal.. hp is higher than rogue and dmg too..if sts makes u little bit slower..its to balance things up..otherwise u cud just kill a rogue in 5 secs

phillyr
01-17-2014, 06:09 AM
Matanofx i have to constantly stun mages during 1v1 because i cannot afford to let them hit me..and by stun i mean my bow stun which makes me slower..my hp always stays near 30% but i still kill most..
notice that mages have the highest damage and almost 4k hp with kershal.. hp is higher than rogue and dmg too..if sts makes u little bit slower..its to balance things up..otherwise u cud just kill a rogue in 5 secs

LOL... As long as things stay balanced in your favor the game is just peachy isn't it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Endkey
01-18-2014, 05:15 AM
LOL... As long as things stay balanced in your favor the game is just peachy isn't it

Lol...not saying that i survive always...its like a 50/50 chance

phillyr
01-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Lol...not saying that i survive always...its like a 50/50 chance

Not trying to be rude... but a mage needs a 50-60 million gold weapon just to have a 50/50 chance...

Linkincena
01-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Reminds me of old discussion. . About being OP..

Ybnvious
01-18-2014, 09:45 AM
When you rich/lucky folk sitting on the arcane staff get tired of complaining about what you have instead of adjusting/fixing what you lack (skill in most cases), I'd be more than willing to make some sort of trade and show you how effective it can be :) Granted there are some weaknesses with the weapon, there are also several strengths you won't find with any other weapon in the game currently.

I only make such a bold comment because I borrowed said Arcane staff towards the beginning of the season (before gems) and did just fine in pvp whether it be a 5v5 or 1v1 setting.

Endkey
01-18-2014, 02:36 PM
i wasnt saying that only kershal has a 50/50...even runic gun...it depends on how to use it....arrypotta killed me n another rogue (full mythic) in a 2v1. its how u use a weapon :)

falmear
01-18-2014, 02:43 PM
I only make such a bold comment because I borrowed said Arcane staff towards the beginning of the season (before gems) and did just fine in pvp whether it be a 5v5 or 1v1 setting.

You can't compare Arcane Staff at the beginning of the season to now. Before new mythics weapons were widely available it was OP. But now everyone's damage has go up considerably with new mythics and now upgrades. So people have much more damage but we still have the same amount of armor. Do you think they play tested my mythics and upgrades against the arcane staff when they originally designed it? I don't think so.

Ybnvious
01-18-2014, 06:25 PM
You can't compare Arcane Staff at the beginning of the season to now. Before new mythics weapons were widely available it was OP. But now everyone's damage has go up considerably with new mythics and now upgrades. So people have much more damage but we still have the same amount of armor. Do you think they play tested my mythics and upgrades against the arcane staff when they originally designed it? I don't think so.

That's fine and I figured an arcane user would have something to pick apart about what I said.. I dont have the exact date of when I used the staff, it could have very well been after myth wep release. I still stand by everything I said :)