PDA

View Full Version : How to kill warriors

kinzmet
01-15-2014, 02:03 AM
I've been playing PVP for a week now using a level 16 twink. And the most challenging toon to kill are warriors (well the mages are killers too but I'll limit the discussion to killing warriors). I don't really have best strategy on killing them, mostly I they wear me down untill I used up my mana then go for killing me :grey:. I hope you guys could give me tips and/or strategy on dealing with them.

Here are my skills
(5) Aimshot
(2) Shadow Piercer + the Lifesteal
(2) Nox bolt + poison increase
(3) Heal + pack increase + heal increase
(3) Agility

Equips
(L16) Devourer bow (+ 6 agi)
(L15) Tarlok's leather wrap of potency (+ 6 agi)
(L15) Tarlok's raiment of potency (+ 6 agi)
(L16) Night Ocean Ripple of Warfare (+ 5 agi + 3 int)
(L16) Swirling Amulet of Potency (+ 6 agi)

Not the best equips I think

Pet
(L16) Malison

Any strategies or tips will be helpful! Thanks in advance!

utpal
01-18-2014, 01:22 PM
u can't kill a war having jugg active. so dnt spam skills. jst shoot box bolt. nd kite.
nd be aware that if u go close. 12m axe throw skill will pull in to melee zone of war nd u r done for if u r stunned lol
jugg +vengeful blood= immortal state of war. keep in mind

Alfai
01-19-2014, 04:02 AM
u can't kill a war having jugg active. so dnt spam skills. jst shoot box bolt. nd kite.
nd be aware that if u go close. 12m axe throw skill will pull in to melee zone of war nd u r done for if u r stunned lol
jugg +vengeful blood= immortal state of war. keep in mind

How does nox helps when in jugmode?

utpal
01-19-2014, 10:58 AM
How does nox helps when in jugmode?

poison dmg ignores armour

Charlie Yoon
01-20-2014, 06:26 AM
Dude, Its so easy to kill warrior :o
Make your stats balanced and dont use nox cause when the warrior use venge the nox can damage warrior and give mana.
So if u have the 10 or 30% give health in shadow pierce then, ask the warrior to no heal because thats the way we can kill war with this skill.
And just keep attacking then you can always win in no heal with warrior
If you want with heal
Dont attack them when you have the red smoke or fart on your body cause that low ur dmg or critical and also when they have venge.
so attack them when theyre venge is over so they wont get mana and keep using skills and they wont have mana anymore so yea

Alfai
01-20-2014, 07:18 AM
1.Pack control is the key to winning a vs for rogues.
2.use mana pet.best is jack.the speed buff is very handy to escape critical moments.otherwise nexus.valkin is good to except its long cooldown.
3.skilled warrior will use 5 or 6 skills and wilk change during a fight.its importsnt to understand how this works so you can plan good strategy.
4.DO NOT waste your mana by attacking a warrior in jugg mode.you are helping him.not killing him.you can notice by the amount of dmg produced.when an aimed shot deliver tiny dmg then do not attack.keep moving and dodging.
5.when he swapped skills and you have been stacking aimed shot.its time to attack.aimed is your ultimate arsenal.when you see critical hits success then its time to attack.
6.consider charged aim or jack speed buff to escape procs from glaive.this is the most challenging part as it eats your hp fast before you can recover.control your packs and timing to pick it up.do not waste it when ur up has 75prcnt leftover.wise pack control is crucial to your survival.
7.a good warrior makes it harder to kill.at least he's only vulnerable after his 2nd horn.otherwise its easy.
8.drag the fight long enough so he either out of mana.or waiting for horn cd.then its ur time for all out attack.
9.typical steps for war in vs will start with jugg then he axe throw you.packs control agaij is crucial.
10.good luck

kinzmet
01-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Thanks for those informations, geez i felt like a total noob dishing all skills on a jugged + venged warrior. I never tried playing warrior so I dont know how thier skills works :P.
Anyway I tried your strategies and for the first time I'm owning warriors on pvp, I even defeated a samael bearing warrior :)
Thanks guys!

UndeadJudge
01-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Also put them on party if you can. Really helps if you crit before they heal and you can knock them out before they realize they need to jugg. Might also help you see the buffs he has (jugg vs venge).

Ocacheusfy/golden
01-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Well for me i will not use up all my mana first secondly i will shoot normal bow n aim till the tank uses health wif shield then i start using all skill n tat how i kill tanks 1v1, up to u, this is juz my opinion thx:)

kinzmet
02-07-2014, 09:29 PM
Thanks for all the feedback! My developed strategy using your feedbacks is:

(based on 1v1 with warriors using 4-skills)
1. Run around the warrior - The warrior usually uses Vengeful blood to to regenerate mana and wear you out, so its best not to attack at all whenever you see them use VB. Just run-around and use your medpacks one-by-one or as needed. Hitting them with normal attacks will only regenerate their mana so dont do it and let them wear themselves out.
2. Normal attack on jugg - Another skill which the warrior uses to wear you out of mana is the Juggernaut, just keep your distance use the run-around strategy while hitting normal attacks. Be aware on damge output of normal attacks if its still low it means that the jugg is still active.
3. Poison the horn - A heal and a 2 seconds invulnurability. When the opponent uses this, counter with Noxbolt + normal attack. Yes! the poison does damage even with the 2 seconds invulnurability. Normal attack is used to check if the invulnurability has run out.
4. Skill combo full - After the 3 strategies above means a) The warrior has depleted his mana (hopefully). b) You still got 30-40% HP left c) You still got 50-75% mana. This means its time to attack! Aimshot, Shadowpierce, Noxbolt and normal attack to your heart's content (maybe leave some mana for medpacks).

These are the for steps I developed, Always remember to keep your distance! keeping your distance can evade Chest splitter, windmill and DPS from normal attacks preserving your health, medpacks and mana.

This thread had helped me on my pvp twinking so I hope it will also help other rogues out there.