PDA

View Full Version : Not updating data correctly after 1.5 Content Update (52377) (Android)

gomsu
11-24-2010, 03:11 AM
I read from the latest patch note thread that the latest android update should have fixed the updating problems (where beta content was overriding non-beta content) where players had to re-install the game because of the new non-beta build.

This update didn't fix the issue for me. When I updated to the latest android client (I haven't uninstalled and re-installed since beta) my client went to eternal updating loop. It tried to update ANDROID0001.PAK and PAK.CFG and successfully downloaded them, after that it authenticated with the server and then went back to downloading the same files.. forever.

I first tried to clear my data and cache after which the game successfully received the 0003, 0002, 0001.PAK and PAK.CFG but after that it went to the same loop. Only thing that helped me was to uninstall and reinstall the game.

The same has happened to couple of my friends with other phones so I know at least that the problem exists on Galaxy S and HTC Desire, but I guess the same goes for most of the androids.

Thank you for a fun and great game guys and fix the bugs to make the experience solid :)

XpAcErX
11-24-2010, 09:21 AM
same here I'm on an HTC EVO 4G and ANDROID0001.PAK keeps looping. I dont know if this has anything to do with it but i logged in on my ipad last night and this morning i tried to play on my android and i get the looping ANDROID0001.PAK.

Clockcycle
11-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled from the market.. nothing to lose except if you saved your user name/password.. You'd have to retype them and customize your settings, if you made changes... all data is saved on their servers.

-CC

bjordan
11-24-2010, 11:44 AM
I have the exact same issue on my phone as well (Evo).

Futumsh
11-24-2010, 11:47 AM
I believe this was fixed in 1.5.5 - anyone still having this issue after the update?

bjordan
11-24-2010, 11:49 AM
I just uninstalled and reinstalled from the market.. nothing to lose except if you saved your user name/password.. You'd have to retype them and customize your settings, if you made changes... all data is saved on their servers.

-CC

That did the trick!

I believe this was fixed in 1.5.5 - anyone still having this issue after the update?

Yeah I actually got the issue when I updated to 1.5.5 this morning from the market.

XpAcErX
11-24-2010, 01:49 PM
just went back to the android market uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine now.

Positivx
11-25-2010, 01:22 AM
I had the same problem on my Samsung Fascinate. An uninstall and a reinstall also fixed it for me.