PDA

View Full Version : To cap or not to cap?

Demonassa
01-16-2014, 07:19 AM
Now that the dragon expansion has been announced with level cap to 41, I'm wondering if the thought of not capping to level 41 have ever crossed your mind or not?
There are many uncertainties e.g. What will happen to my current mythics? Can they be upgraded? Etc. etc.
So with the current gears that I have, wouldn't it be better to remain at 36 and twink at this level? This way, I can ensure that I'd still have the best gears and not letting them go to waste. Another plus would be I'd be saving money by not getting new stuff through plats.
I would love to hear your thoughts on this, thanks.

Rare
01-16-2014, 07:22 AM
I assume you are referring to pvp specifically?

I'll be capping because honestly, there is nothing else to do here. Cap-> farm elites->Repeat.

Erdnase
01-16-2014, 07:32 AM
I did this back when the 31 cap came, and stayed at 26. It was hard to find people in pvp and took a few weeks before it started to grow. I suspect that 36 will be worse though. Looking at lvl 31 pvp on my alt, even at this time, still seems dead. It could be the times ive looked, but im guessing its just never grown. I expect the same for 36. Anyway, good luck.

Sheener
01-16-2014, 07:34 AM
I think it would be hard to find pvp matches. I am going to cap...I will prob cap slowly though

Eski
01-16-2014, 09:06 AM
Good question demonassa,
i think its not a bad idea to twink at lvl36 after release of the enclave,but i also think it will take some time till ppl play cap pvp in lvl41
but at least i think the current top gear will be the top gear in future..maby a new myth ring/amulet could change something..
Ur choice :)

Anarchist
01-16-2014, 09:25 AM
While you should absolutely cap:

Cap--->

More Fun.
You can partecipate and enjoy the new expansion meeting that awesome red dragon and those mask guys and whop there arse over and over.

More Money.
Finally new items to farm and make money from.
Don't you like shining golds? Personally they make me happy.

Competition:
Don't you want to be among the first players to reach Lv41?

New gears:
You can try the new armors on your toon.

Cap Banner(?)

Going to Lv41 seems a must to me.
Except you decide to stay at 36 for pvp motives i don't see why you shouldn't cap.
Anyway even if you leave PvP alone for a while idt you will be missing anything the way things are going on there these days.

Madnex
01-16-2014, 09:26 AM
I don't think it's a good idea, unless you plan to do this on a capped alt. Even if the new legendaries are rebalanced to fill the huge gap between them and mythics, your current mythics will easily outclass everything until the later promised upgrades.

Besides, I'd find it hard to sit back and watch everyone jump around talking about the new stuff. You know you will go and cap when it's out. :P

Hoardseeker
01-16-2014, 10:21 AM
Assa wait for new expansion details if they announce a arcane bow/daggers cap to 41 if they don't just don't cap

wvhills
01-16-2014, 10:34 AM
the thought of not capping hasn't even crossed my mind. that's the way of the game, you farm ur butt off for the best gears, use them during their time then they become outdated and you start over again. I'm actually looking forward to it. This season they are releasing gear in stages so hopefully everyone will be on the same playing field and I won't be going up against full mythic/arcane players for the first part of the season.

Kakashis
01-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I will cap! Not letting my main become a twink

Instanthumor
01-16-2014, 07:30 PM
You can twink at Lv. 36, but I doubt there will be much people with you. Lv. 31 (last cap) PvP is dead. Literally, just dead.

Demonassa
01-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate that.
For a moment, I thought that it'd be such a shame to lose those gears. And what a pain it'd be to upgrade them new gears to super.
I was quite uncertain but after reading your feedbacks, it made sense to me now. Cheers :)

Zeus
01-16-2014, 09:40 PM
Thanks for your input guys. I really appreciate that.
For a moment, I thought that it'd be such a shame to lose those gears. And what a pain it'd be to upgrade them new gears to super.
I was quite uncertain but after reading your feedbacks, it made sense to me now. Cheers :)

We will just have to get full supers again, Demon! Hehe :p

Energizeric
01-16-2014, 10:22 PM
I have thought about the same thing... I never got a chance to use the arcane staff, and mages at 36 with arcane staff -- it's not going to get much better than that for mages. However, my main motivating factor in AL is the leaderboards. It's what keeps me playing many hours and keeps me interested. So without being able to compete at end game, I think I could lose interest. So I will be capping.