PDA

View Full Version : Idea for the use of the new skill points we are going to get

Milan Lame Man
01-16-2014, 07:26 AM
So we are going to get 5 new skill points, but there's not much to do with them.
Introducing completely new skill or 2 for each class would throw the balance off completely for some time.
I hope STS has some solution in mind already but I've come with this.

For each skill, we can identify the most useless upgrade (bomb for veil or health regen on heal comes to mind).
Let's make this upgrade actually useful, and cost 2 skill points.
Let me show this on Sorcerer class:
Fireball: Scorch -> enemies chance to hit 50% for 5 seconds
Frost: Ice patch -> pulls more enemies once triggered
Clock: bomb at end -> stuns surviving enemies
Shield: scatter -> 20% of incoming damage is reflected to enemies
Heal: health regen -> seriously buffed, includes mana as well; mana regen can be replaced with e.g. something like shadow veil
Curse: 10% damage -> also reduce incoming damage
Gale: Protective Current -> add armor on uncharged gale

I'm pretty sure this suggestion could be worked into an actual solution.

Raymond05
01-16-2014, 09:54 AM
You can still use the 5 skill points to add/open other skills. In this way, you can use skills for pve and pvp. Also, you can add to passives too because passives increase your stats too. But nice suggestions btw. :-)

Anarchist
01-16-2014, 10:14 AM
So we are going to get 5 new skill points, but there's not much to do with them.
Introducing completely new skill or 2 for each class would throw the balance off completely for some time.
I hope STS has some solution in mind already but I've come with this.

For each skill, we can identify the most useless upgrade (bomb for veil or health regen on heal comes to mind).
Let's make this upgrade actually useful, and cost 2 skill points.
Let me show this on Sorcerer class:
Fireball: Scorch -> enemies chance to hit 50% for 5 seconds
Frost: Ice patch -> pulls more enemies once triggered
Clock: bomb at end -> stuns surviving enemies
Shield: scatter -> 20% of incoming damage is reflected to enemies
Heal: health regen -> seriously buffed, includes mana as well; mana regen can be replaced with e.g. something like shadow veil
Curse: 10% damage -> also reduce incoming damage
Gale: Protective Current -> add armor on uncharged gale

I'm pretty sure this suggestion could be worked into an actual solution.

Personally i still need 6-7 pts to take my build to a perfect state but new skills will also do.

Anything new from sts is always welcomed.

Hoardseeker
01-16-2014, 10:15 AM
Guys,Just wait for the description for the expansion Till then wait.....

Imjebus
01-16-2014, 12:20 PM
Guys,Just wait for the description for the expansion Till then wait.....

He can still suggest his ideas...you never know, they may be implemented if the devs like it enough.

Instanthumor
01-16-2014, 02:15 PM
He can still suggest his ideas...you never know, they may be implemented if the devs like it enough.

No, I really don't think the idea of using 2 skill points to unlock one upgrade is going to work, well, not for me anyways.

Imjebus
01-16-2014, 02:18 PM
No, I really don't think the idea of using 2 skill points to unlock one upgrade is going to work, well, not for me anyways.

Oh I know, but he just made it sound like he couldn't suggest anything lol ;P

Samhayne
01-16-2014, 02:20 PM
We know that the next skill points from the Dragon Enclave expansion won't be as interesting as they otherwise could. We're at work on what to do about that, but nothing specific to discuss at this point.

Instanthumor
01-16-2014, 02:23 PM
We know that the next skill points from the Dragon Enclave expansion won't be as interesting as they otherwise could. We're at work on what to do about that, but nothing specific to discuss at this point.

Sam, was your name always red? I thought it was green...?

Samhayne
01-16-2014, 02:26 PM

We will be posting more about that later today. Stay tuned!

Instanthumor
01-16-2014, 02:27 PM
We will be posting more about that later today. Stay tuned!

Ok! :D

GoodSyntax
01-16-2014, 02:55 PM
I would like a Platinum Touch Passive - so every elite boss I kill from Nordr and beyond nets me 1 Plat :-)
It would help to offset those pesky plat revives when I die trying to switch to Lep.

I suspect that there are probably two choices here. One is an additional sub-tree to each upgrade, the other is to add additional upgrades/features to the skill. Most likely it will be a combination of both.

I think that it is important to maintain the existing skill trees, but additional sub-tree upgrades that either increases the effectiveness or probability of a buff/debuff would introduce more variety and more specific roles. I can foresee an offensive, DMG/DPS oriented Sorc and a Crowd Control/Support Sorc based upon which features have been upgraded.

For instance, Lightning with the 250% damage on crit can be upgraded further to 300, 350 and 400%. Clock can be upgraded to Black Hole, which will pull mobs from outside the clock, in, thus ensnaring and DoT'ing. Horn invulnerability can be upgraded by a second for each additional skill point in the sub-tree up to a maximum of 5. Windmill can be upgraded with a knock-down anytime a mob is hit. Noxious Bolt upgrades can increase the radius and/or maximum number of affected targets. Veil can add a Nox-like DoT effect, or a Samael like heal (hp and mana) effect.

Just some thoughts...

Pandamoni
01-16-2014, 02:57 PM
I'll probably add a few points to speed or crit and maybe will add a few upgrades to a few of the skills I'm using. I hope we get a few free respec weekends.

inkredible
01-17-2014, 12:36 PM
he got
promoted as legend producer not a community manager anymore