PDA

View Full Version : LH [Last Hitter]

Cero
01-16-2014, 02:18 PM
It come to my mind that i need to get more
Opinions from forums/farmers the beliefs behind
getting a good loot from "Last Hit".

Im honestly not a farmer/pve player(no wondrr im poor and cant get a hold of the best gears). I wanna ask those who are heavy farmers in their experience of getting loots from "last hit".

A friend of mine, told me once to "last hit" the boss to get good loots. I tried it while farming tarlok and crates. It did do some good loots but im still not buying it.

I once played a different mmo,(insert name here), and it is common there to "last hit" the boss to get the best drop. I believe this is also common to other mmos.

Would help me alot and others who arr gonna wonder:)

Thanks.

Hectororius
01-16-2014, 02:24 PM
What I love about this game is the completely loopy wives tales that pop up through mis-information via forums and in game chats between players.

Last Hit is a one of them. You get good loot regardless if you're just standing there or if you get the last hit, most hits, biggest hit.. doesn't matter. what does HELP though is having lep, luck elix, and even more luck elix from the combo.

Other favorites include:

-opening crates/chests with luck elix/pendant on

(ok thats all I got lol).

GoodSyntax
01-16-2014, 02:25 PM
It's all random, last hit or no hit, you get the same chance to roll from the loot table.

It's a myth, just like "the don't open chests or you'll ruin our drops" back when Dead City was the latest and greatest.

bhutkeyur
01-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Go AFK at boss in gold mine - still u will get locked if u get lucky. Last hitting is just myth
If last hit make good drops then all rogues are super rich in game and all warriors are poor in game rofl :)

xXz21
01-16-2014, 02:30 PM
u can't get better drop just with a ''hit'' why people all the time think doing something change the drops? u can't get better drops in ''locked'' going to another map.

u can't better drop from boss just hitting it. u can get drop just with stay there (in boss) anything change the drop is based in a %.

Instanthumor
01-16-2014, 02:36 PM
Unfortunately, it was confirmed in the past that getting the last hit did not affect the drop, for it is pure luck. However, I swear to god that there are times when this actually works. I always aim for the last hit anyways for the fun, at least.

Cero
01-16-2014, 02:44 PM
What I love about this game is the completely loopy wives tales that pop up through mis-information via forums and in game chats between players.

Last Hit is a one of them. You get good loot regardless if you're just standing there or if you get the last hit, most hits, biggest hit.. doesn't matter. what does HELP though is having lep, luck elix, and even more luck elix from the combo.

Other favorites include:

-opening crates/chests with luck elix/pendant on

(ok thats all I got lol).

Points.

@others, ty for the facts.
@instant,
I felt the same bro, seems that having those beliefs keeps up the boring farming hours.

Saintaugust
01-16-2014, 03:54 PM
I remember this from MF runs in SY during the 36 cap in SL. Every noob asking for the last hit so they can get a re-roll lol.

Anarchist
01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Even though i don't believe taking the last hit on a boss gives better loot. I still do it.

Even though i don't believe not opening the crates you find when searching for malison will give a better chance at finding it. I don't open them.

Even though i don't believe that putting on a lep while opening locked crates will higher the chance of looting a myth/arcane. I still do put it on the few times i tried my luck.

I could go on if you want. :-P

Suentous PO
01-16-2014, 04:24 PM
Farmers love myths across all STG games like;
Don't open chests before boss, do/don't blast barrel, get last hit, and the bewildering "change host" for better drop rates.
For a while in pl some people were convinced that bad ping could be fixed by typing "sololo". Fools running maps spamming that for months.
Some folk are allergic to logic.

Rare
01-16-2014, 06:06 PM
Just don't open any chests in tower of mardrom and your guaranteed a good drop

Rare
01-16-2014, 06:07 PM
Unfortunately, it was confirmed in the past that getting the last hit did not affect the drop, for it is pure luck. However, I swear to god that there are times when this actually works. I always aim for the last hit anyways for the fun, at least.

Yep. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

xXz21
01-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Just don't open any chests in tower of mardrom and your guaranteed a good drop

Jajaja. No. Never work. when u get good drop is bcus u are going to get good drop. Anything change the %%%%% of item drop.

IronMonkey
01-16-2014, 10:18 PM
If last hit make good drops then all rogues are super rich in game and all warriors are poor in game rofl :)

Lol, no wonder Love is uber-rich. What I learned however is another myth.

The myth of least damage.

If x player deals the least damage among his party, x player will get the best loot.

P.S. Love is a super-merch that's why he's uber-rich.

Doomreaper
01-17-2014, 11:30 PM

i did this with tarlok, and in most instances it did seem to work. I would finish with charged whirlwind and 75% of the time I was the one who got the chest.

Zeus
01-18-2014, 12:15 AM
Jajaja. No. Never work. when u get good drop is bcus u are going to get good drop. Anything change the %%%%% of item drop.

Aedenos was being sarcastic, lol.

Nagin
01-18-2014, 12:20 AM
Lol, no wonder Love is uber-rich. What I learned however is another myth.

The myth of least damage.

If x player deals the least damage among his party, x player will get the best loot.

P.S. Love was a super-merch that's why he was uber-rich.
Fixed

kixkaxx
01-18-2014, 01:01 AM
You guys have to know the *randomness* (luck) in EVERY computer game is actually pseudo randomness--they are generated with a seed that is determined by the system time, physical conditions and so on..if they set the *last hit* as one factor, it will affect..there's no pure luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xcainnblecterx
01-18-2014, 04:46 AM
To stop these id suggest implementing a roll system and abandon all chests except crates and boost the drops from it a little higher at the.cost of more plat 20-30. This would stop silly rumors since if a pink or locked dropped in a map players would have to roll for it like other mmos. Doubt this'll happen since the chests/crates is the foundation of funding for al one can still dream. I mean heck thats all itd take and id probably start playin again. Said it many times before and ill say it agaim all caps Mr. Torgue style: BEST GEAR SHOULD NOT BE GAMBLED FOR BUT EARNED. Sure some may consider merching work (i do) but besides that good luck

Zeus
01-18-2014, 05:18 PM
You guys have to know the *randomness* (luck) in EVERY computer game is actually pseudo randomness--they are generated with a seed that is determined by the system time, physical conditions and so on..if they set the *last hit* as one factor, it will affect..there's no pure luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is true - but because we are not given the conditions, system time, etc - it is still basically random.

However, something I've always used as a cool trick that seems to work for me? Open trash crates & if I seem to be getting lucky with them, I chase that streak with lockeds.

Bless
01-18-2014, 09:36 PM
Some folk are allergic to logic. New sig quote?

LordDravek
01-18-2014, 10:56 PM
I theoretically disagree, however the programming. I've tested this loot for lock factor with a good strong party.

In KM3, everytime I took the left boss and pulled right, my odds were roughly 2-3 locked per 20-30 runs. If someone else pulled from left and I went right, my odds were 6-12 per 20-30 runs. If I did zero damage and follow, the odds were around 5 per 20-30 runs. If i did all the damage while my party followed, they were more likely to get rare drops and I got nothing (based on 30 runs).

On a further note, it seems the faster we killed km3, the more likely we were to get 1-4 rare drops. (fast being under 1m45secs)

Ive had days when I've collected nothing but junk blues and greens. (100+ runs based on the same time)

imho, its a luck factor based on time. Ever get lucky for an hour with a ton of rares and then nothing for the rest of the day? Try again at the same time on the same day... you'll see the same luck rate take effect.

chitgoks
01-19-2014, 12:14 AM
i agree woth lord dravek in a way. try doing it in klaas and shazbot. f you get 50 potions do it again at the same time they are available. if it will be a little later, time affects the drop.

for locks like km3 i think time also has a factor.

kinzmet
01-19-2014, 12:55 AM
There is no such thing as "Last hit the boss to get the loot" in Arcane Legends.
I was doing elite runs on Goblin mines with my friends, on the last part where we wait until all the 4 bossses arrives I've gone afk to use the bathroom, when I got back my friends already killed the 4 bosses. Non of them got a chest drop except me who got 3 locked crates and 1 elite chest doing nothing (AFK). So the "Last hit" thing is a non-existent. :)

Milan Lame Man
01-19-2014, 01:24 AM
If I did zero damage and follow, the odds were around 5 per 20-30 runs.

I've gone afk to use the bathroom, ... except me who got 3 locked crates and 1 elite chest doing nothing (AFK).

Oh my, now I will run to Jarl and everyone will just stand around doing nothing! This will be fun!

Gesaffelstein
01-19-2014, 04:52 AM
I don't believe in this as I have seen party members doing NOTHING for the entire boss fight and getting the rarest loot.

Allocate
01-19-2014, 05:39 AM
I didn't even touch the boss and got locked. So 'last hit' is bollocks.

It does however seem to give you a better chest if you did the majority of the damage on the mob/mobs/boss. i.e. Elite Golden Chest II while others who didn't as much only got Copper.