PDA

View Full Version : You gotta rush, I gotta speak.

Touristy
01-16-2014, 07:28 PM
This is not a QQ about rushing, I enjoy it and do it myself. The only reason why I hate it most of the time and prefer the "go" system is because I hate the buffs in PL.
For one there OP. Secondly, there annoying. It makes rushing quite unfair and boring. (on the upside you become skillful)
When you rush someone they have no buffs, or you kill them and then you have no buffs. Or one person leaves because of no buffs and your buffs are wasted.
It would be nice if buffs were takin' out and everyone had a base stats for there class. Now I can see how this gets complicated, but here is something to propose.
We can still have buffs, but we not need to be reliant on them as much as we are now. It would balance out a little, the buffs would add like a kicker in the fight. But not to where you're completely useless without them.

Or we could make so that you can only have on buff activated at a time. You need just dodge, then you switch to your hit/crit buff to nuke, then back to dodge buff. That creates it so that some more skill is put into it, and makes PvP a little more interesting. There would be no cooldown on them.

Suggestions, opinions, hate. Leave below?

Mennddoza
01-16-2014, 07:31 PM
Maybe buffs just shouldn't have so much of a stat change... but I wouldn't want to take it out completely

Touristy
01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Maybe buffs just shouldn't have so much of a stat change... but I wouldn't want to take it out completely
Yeah, not take them out completely. That'll make things complicated. But change it to where there not as needed. There a kicker in the fight. So that one doesn't always have to be reliant on the buffs. Or we could make so that you can only have on buff activated at a time. You need just dodge, then you switch to your hit/crit buff to nuke, then back to dodge buff. That creates it so that some more skill is put into it, and makes PvP a little more interesting.

Sheugokin
01-16-2014, 07:35 PM
This is not a QQ about rushing, I enjoy it and do it myself. The only reason why I hate it most of the time and prefer the "go" system is because I hate the buffs in PL.
For one there OP. Secondly, there annoying. It makes rushing quite unfair and boring. (on the upside you become skillful)
When you rush someone they have no buffs, or you kill them and then you have no buffs. Or one person leaves because of no buffs and your buffs are wasted.
It would be nice if buffs were takin' out and everyone had a base stats for there class. Now I can see how this gets complicated, but here is something to propose.
We can still have buffs, but we not need to be reliant on them as much as we are now. It would balance out a little, the buffs would add like a kicker in the fight. But not to where you're completely useless without them.
Suggestions, opinions, hate. Leave below?

Well then if there was no buffs, it would be boring as well, and PVE will be ten times harder. No buffs=No extra damage and armor.

Touristy
01-16-2014, 07:36 PM
Well then if there was no buffs, it would be boring as well, and PVE will be ten times harder. No buffs=No extra damage and armor.

Not to take out buffs, but make them less reliant on killing things.

IGN Storm
01-16-2014, 07:44 PM
Terrible idea

programmed
01-16-2014, 08:04 PM
Sorry man but i dont agree, without buffs killing in both Pvp and pve would be so much harder and take much longer. Even if the stats they give we're lowered it'd still be harder. Take a look at how long it takes to kill a few enemies in Blacksmoke. Imagine trying to do that but much harder because you're much weaker. You'd die easier in both pve and pve. Also its something I highly doubt STG will do. It's not easy to just go in and completely change the way a game is played on every class. It may seem like just removing a few numbers but it takes them time and money that they would rather spend on al.

XghostzX
01-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Here's what I think:

Buffs are a necessary part of this game (imo). However, the critical and damage is unproportional to our health and armor (other than bears which are too OP from what I've experienced with rushing).

Something definitely needs to be done :)

Rot
01-16-2014, 08:57 PM
mages are already dominant in low levels with maxed buffs and heals (they hardly die), please dont make it worse for other classes

VVake
01-16-2014, 09:39 PM
mages are already dominant in low levels with maxed buffs and heals (they hardly die), please dont make it worse for other classes
Yes low level mages could just fire ice heal if bears and such only deal 50 damage at a time due to there not being buffs. Mages would be the most op class ever

Roberto077
01-16-2014, 10:12 PM
I like this idea. It's part of the reason I like League of Legends (less passive skills, more ACTIVE SKILLS :D)

Touristy
01-16-2014, 10:27 PM
I like this idea. It's part of the reason I like League of Legends (less passive skills, more ACTIVE SKILLS :D)
That's exactly what I'm trying to get at. Well said, less passive skills, more ACTIVE SKILLS. This allows PL to become more complicated. I read some peoples post on how to change PL, and they said its to simple. Well, this could make it a little more active, and aware.

Spyce
01-16-2014, 10:53 PM
How would you kill someone without buffs? Buffs are what help you.
Mages would just nuke the sh** out of everyone still.

Fear
01-16-2014, 10:56 PM
I just want op fbow birds! I missed the bird fun D:

Doodlebeast
01-17-2014, 05:20 AM

Then xyzther will lose to the red dragon muahahahhaha

floats
01-17-2014, 05:21 AM
How would you kill someone without buffs? Buffs are what help you.
Mages would just nuke the sh** out of everyone still.

Still without buffs, mages could be equal to everyone.

Roberto077
01-17-2014, 06:33 AM
That's why they would buff the base stats of classes and gear

Gragorak
01-17-2014, 07:05 AM
I agree, buffs should have relatively less impact. I think that all buff stat boosts should be divided into two categories: active and passive. Active stat boosts works as buffs work now, but the passive category would be active all the time.

Example, level 5 evasion (+20 dodge)

Active category: +10 dodge, would be active when buff has been cast.
Passive category: +10 dodge, would be active always.
Other possibility would be to nerf buffs and boost stats of gear/attribute points, but then people might stop using buffs in certain twink levels.

Extreme
01-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Lol.

floats
01-17-2014, 08:36 AM
I just want op fbow birds! I missed the bird fun D:

I laugh yew foever n eva

Caiahar
01-17-2014, 09:20 AM
StG won't do it. It would require alot of work.
Also if the rhinos hit, crit and dmg buff were nerfed I would cry. 24 dmg lvl 6, 18 hit lvl 6, 7 crit lvl 6.

Dancce
01-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Sorry man but i dont agree, without buffs killing in both Pvp and pve would be so much harder and take much longer. Even if the stats they give we're lowered it'd still be harder. Take a look at how long it takes to kill a few enemies in Blacksmoke. Imagine trying to do that but much harder because you're much weaker. You'd die easier in both pve and pve. Also its something I highly doubt STG will do. It's not easy to just go in and completely change the way a game is played on every class. It may seem like just removing a few numbers but it takes them time and money that they would rather spend on al.

Correct, Beary. Buffs are everything in PvE and PvP. Say, can you imagine a bear with 0 rage? Can you imagine a bird without focus? Can you imagine a mage without BoV? Those are just a few of the buffs each class holds. Buffs are the point that damage is possible in PvP. L15 Bear with no rage? Prob 10-50 damage in full combo.

Touristy
01-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Correct, Beary. Buffs are everything in PvE and PvP. Say, can you imagine a bear with 0 rage? Can you imagine a bird without focus? Can you imagine a mage without BoV? Those are just a few of the buffs each class holds. Buffs are the point that damage is possible in PvP. L15 Bear with no rage? Prob 10-50 damage in full combo.

Not saying, get rid of buffs, but make them as stats. Like how focus gives you extra hit and crit. Just make the buff passive. Like you still have to level up points into it, but you don't have to click on it to activate it.

Wontwang
01-24-2014, 01:57 AM
yes just like LOL less passive skills more actives skills, it'd be awesome yet irritating having no buffs but pl needs like a rebirth, something new, if no buffs were to really happen, everyone would eventually adapt find out new builds, techniques. give it a try sts!

Loaden
01-24-2014, 12:21 PM
Without buffs, there is a whole lot of skills which is mainly unused in PvP may become relevant, mostly because of the skill points invested in buffs.