PDA

View Full Version : Huge lag spike EVERY TIME I join a town/game & long loading times :(

Xvanitykingx
01-16-2014, 10:20 PM
This is so annoying especially when people are relying on me to remake a game quickly! My Internet connection is almost close to perfect and very fast. I don't know if this because I moved a long way from where I used to play at or maybe because of the area but I doubt it, my coverage is strong at the university. Also, about a week ago, I was not having this problem, I was playing fine. Can someone please tell me what's going on or why this happens? Here are some pics, proving that my Internet connection is very good and proof of the lag spike when I join a town:

Please look into this! Ty!

~xvanitykingx

Schnitzel
01-17-2014, 01:44 AM
4/5 is not perfect signal
Its GOOD signal
:D

My theory: You ran out of data?

Xvanitykingx
01-17-2014, 04:31 AM
I didn't run out of data.
When I paid my phone bill, I paid extra for more gigabytes of data so... I doubt it's my service.

And I was exaggerating when I said perfect signal :p
Even at full bars, it will never be perfect ;)

~Xvanitykingx

Mister Clicker
01-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Same here, I experienced that MANY times already. My theory: it takes a long time to load a time and the fetching greatness balefort man runs for a long time right? I think it still counts your ping coz when you spawn at a town, its like everyone wont move then when a couple of seconds or minutes come everything will resume.

Xvanitykingx
01-17-2014, 01:42 PM
Same here, I experienced that MANY times already. My theory: it takes a long time to load a time and the fetching greatness balefort man runs for a long time right? I think it still counts your ping coz when you spawn at a town, its like everyone wont move then when a couple of seconds or minutes come everything will resume.
That is exactly what's going on with me! :/

Fusionstrike
01-20-2014, 03:07 PM
I wonder if it's just bogging down loading data about others in the town. You could try entering a nearly empty town (5 or under) and see if it still happens.

You didn't say that it happens in normal maps, so that's why I wonder about heavily populated towns as a possible explanation. Also is your friend and/or guild list very long? Maybe loading/refreshing that is a cause. I'd you can try on another char with short lists that might help narrow it down.

Impact
01-20-2014, 03:13 PM
Completely agree wit dis

Chickenrunnn
01-20-2014, 03:14 PM
This is so annoying especially when people are relying on me to remake a game quickly! My Internet connection is almost close to perfect and very fast. I don't know if this because I moved a long way from where I used to play at or maybe because of the area but I doubt it, my coverage is strong at the university. Also, about a week ago, I was not having this problem, I was playing fine. Can someone please tell me what's going on or why this happens? Here are some pics, proving that my Internet connection is very good and proof of the lag spike when I join a town:

Please look into this! Ty!

~xvanitykingx

I bet it's the Ping Hide'n'seek period :o

Xvanitykingx
01-26-2014, 04:06 PM
Also is your friend and/or guild list very long? Maybe loading/refreshing that is a cause. I'd you can try on another char with short lists that might help narrow it down.

I have over 3k friends and the guild I was in (COT) had over 1k members. I left the guild and deleted some of my friends list. Now the lag spikes are greatly reduced but they are still there. It happens at random times.

But, I got on my other character which is in my empty guild, which btw I'm bringing back now, and I experienced little to no lag.

~xvanitykingx

DocDoBig
01-26-2014, 08:20 PM
I have over 3k friends and the guild I was in (COT) had over 1k members. I left the guild and deleted some of my friends list. Now the lag spikes are greatly reduced but they are still there. It happens at random times.

But, I got on my other character which is in my empty guild, which btw I'm bringing back now, and I experienced little to no lag.

~xvanitykingx

It's simple, the more names in your list(s), the more does the system have to load for you.
This really sucks especially when you are in a quick remake trip and have to wait 1 or 2 minutes before you can actually run .

How many friends do you have?

How huge is your guild (Name and how many members)?

What I mean is The more pending Friend Requests / Friends / Guild members in the list , the more lag.

Recently we came across an issue with some un-capped lists: Friend's List, Ignore List, Guild Size, stuff like that. Right now, we don't cap the upper limit of how many friends you can have, or guild members you can have. In general, this works out pretty well, but, like a lot of things in life, there are those few edge cases. You know, the guy that sends friend requests to anyone he sees and has like 6,000 friends. Or, the silly developer (me in this case) who accepts any friend requests (cause I you all!) and winds up with even more friends.

This becomes a problem when the list size is soooo huge that when trying to access it (like open your Friend's List) it basically lags your game out. Even worse is the huge Guild List - trying to open it becomes a problem and using it is even worse.

[...]

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?51844-How-big-of-a-Friend-s-List-is-too-big

With other words the more names in your list(s), the more does the system have to load for you.
This really sucks especially when you are in a quick remake trip and have to wait 1 or 2 minutes before you can actually run :hopelessness:.

Maybe I will start another thread with way better explanations sometime. :)

My solution: Either clean out your friend list, only keep those whom you actually spoke with and leave the huge guild and join a tinier with less members.

Xvanitykingx
01-27-2014, 02:37 PM
It's simple, the more names in your list(s), the more does the system have to load for you.
This really sucks especially when you are in a quick remake trip and have to wait 1 or 2 minutes before you can actually run .

I figured :/

Well, time to spend most part of the day deleting from my friends list...

~xvanitykingx

Sheugokin
01-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Quality over quantity.

Itoopeo
01-27-2014, 03:08 PM
the fetching greatness balefort man

HAhahahah! I dont know why, but thats just hilarious name for it!

Fusionstrike
01-27-2014, 03:43 PM
the fetching greatness balefort man

HAhahahah! I dont know why, but thats just hilarious name for it!

He is rather fetching, isn't he?

Extreme
01-28-2014, 07:03 AM
I deleted my friends from 150 to about 40 and rejected all my request. Kinda reduces lag.

Itoopeo
01-28-2014, 09:11 AM
You can always blame 'merica or apple. 3G and 4G in 'merica are a bit laggy because there are so many users. Also iphones are little annoying "Lagboxes"

Xvanitykingx
01-28-2014, 05:28 PM
I went from 3500 friends to 3000, the game still lags a bit.... guess i'll delete some more :p

Kingzila
02-19-2014, 08:20 AM
yah the servers have been lagging a lot lately with the added stress of all these users checking the game for a cap since it updated.

Ssneakykills
02-23-2014, 11:50 AM
Yeah lots of friends and big guilds make you lag, just being in a guild with 7000 people and no friends made me lag lmao, had to leave the guild sadly the lag was driving me nuts

Swimmingstar
02-24-2014, 05:27 PM
It's really the PL servers that are lagging. And once the running man runs for more than 5 seconds just relog.

Plaguemaw
02-24-2014, 06:43 PM
It's really the PL servers that are lagging. And once the running man runs for more than 5 seconds just relog.

You sure? If you delete down to essential friends, wipe your device and hook to wifi its possible to achieve single digit pings. All of the lag cant be on sts side.

Sent from my GT-P3113

Ssneakykills
02-25-2014, 11:37 AM

The pl servers is fine... It's got to be something wrong with your side e.g guild, Friends, Wi-fi and how close you are to your own wi-fi

Aerospacegod
03-19-2014, 02:45 PM
Long friends list or guild list can cause lag if you have a slow connection. My connection is pretty good so I never really noticed but several guild members complained so we went from 7265 to 3200 members(booting old accts) and now I notice it being peppier too.

It was explained to me that due to some strange coding the system reloads your guild list each time you change rooms. Downloading 7k names will take awhile if your on 3g or having bad wifi.

Zergzerg
03-20-2014, 06:23 AM
The pl servers is fine... It's got to be something wrong with your side e.g guild, Friends, Wi-fi and how close you are to your own wi-fi
Thats so wrong.
It is the server! Sts have way more data and players than the server can handle.
I have the same issue on a new clean account with zero friends. So stop second guessing. I know for a fact 100% that when I get very high ping spikes which happen anywhere doing anything. I ask the group and all of them say the exact same thing.
Everyone says they are lagging.
It cant be our side if the whole group us lagging! Sts need to fix this! Its absolutely lame every time we spend our pots during a boss it lags and everyone dies and our pots and gold spent wasted! Stop denying and start doing something. If 100 people in a row I ask agree in game when I ask if they are lagging when im lagging then its impossible to be my end!... example: wow im lag my ping flying! ....me too...yes me same...yes I am lagging...damn me too...this is what happens every time...its never just me lagging and rest of party not..so FIX IT ALREADY! its costing us gold. And then after fixing it compensate everyone for putting up with it so long and wasting thier gold time and effort. And frustrating deaths in pvp where they are frozen in lag and dead...!!!

Aerospacegod
03-20-2014, 04:04 PM
someone needs a nap o.o

Splammy
03-21-2014, 03:31 PM
someone needs a nap o.o
Lmao! IKR tho!

Ssneakykills
03-24-2014, 04:00 PM
Thats so wrong.
It is the server! Sts have way more data and players than the server can handle.
I have the same issue on a new clean account with zero friends. So stop second guessing. I know for a fact 100% that when I get very high ping spikes which happen anywhere doing anything. I ask the group and all of them say the exact same thing.
It cant be our side if the whole group us lagging! Sts need to fix this! Its absolutely lame every time we spend our pots during a boss it lags and everyone dies and our pots and gold spent wasted! Stop denying and start doing something. If 100 people in a row I ask agree in game when I ask if they are lagging when im lagging then its impossible to be my end!... example: wow im lag my ping flying! ....me too...yes me same...yes I am lagging...damn me too...this is what happens every time...its never just me lagging and rest of party not..so FIX IT ALREADY! its costing us gold. And then after fixing it compensate everyone for putting up with it so long and wasting thier gold time and effort. And frustrating deaths in pvp where they are frozen in lag and dead...!!!

Mad? Or nawt

Wrestled
03-29-2014, 08:33 AM
Thats so wrong.

Imfao u need a nap and chill man ur not the only one having problems