PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade market to allow bids

brodby
11-24-2010, 12:43 PM
I know this has been brought up before, but did it ever have its own thread? Maybe it did and I just can't use the search function well.

The Consigment Store is awesome. As someone who has neither the time nor desire to stand around buying/selling/trading with messages, it certainly solved a lot of issues. However, I still believe it could be vastly improved by allowing standing bids on items.

As it is now, if I know an item I want but it isn't in the CS or it is priced insanely high I have no other recourse than to wait for a reasonable offer in CS or look around for people "verbally" selling. It would be very nice to simply put a bid on an item in the CS, and it makes the store MUCH more like an actual market where both bids and offers can be posted.

As it is now, the upper-limit is set by CS offers and there is a weird, shadowy middle ground for pricing. Allowing bids would help set/define true value of items and make it easier for casual players to participate in the game economy. Perhaps big-time traders/sellers don't like the idea since the murkiness helps their profit margin, and I understand and empathize. But on the whole I think allowing bids makes the game better.

thx for reading

Zeus
11-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Umm this is a totally different idea known as the auction haus which dev's have said it was coming soon, so just live with the consignment shop until then :).

brodby
11-24-2010, 01:24 PM
whoops. ok, my bad

superglut2
11-25-2010, 04:15 AM
we should have a EXTRA shop for that. that would be better.

Winternight
11-25-2010, 05:15 PM
we should have a EXTRA shop for that. that would be better.

Possibly in the future, but for now the Consignment Shop will have to do. ;)