PDA

View Full Version : Disable Trade Option similar to Disable party invites

inkredible
01-17-2014, 12:44 AM
Like what the title say.. only because i get annoyed of random people spamming me trade invites at pier or anywhere else..
hence why sometimes i dont even walk around with my arcane maul due to the fact it attracts a lot of people ..
say beggars

and oh another thing.. "friends ONLY " Private messages ...... ugh the random Pm's can be so annoying also

whats your thoughts

Milan Lame Man
01-17-2014, 06:40 AM
I think, if someone is on the ignore list of 100+ players, STS should look into this person's behavior.

Disabling all PM may seem to work for you but you will have trouble trading once you turn this off. Obviously if you have best gear in game, twice, there's no point in trading.

I would like to distinguish between PMs from randoms/friends/guildies though, I never know if a message comes from a guildie (in a big guild) or from a noob standing next to me. A slight variation on the shade of yellow might be enough.

Prahasit Prahi
01-17-2014, 07:23 AM
+1.

inkredible
01-17-2014, 12:34 PM
I think, if someone is on the ignore list of 100+ players, STS should look into this person's behavior.

Disabling all PM may seem to work for you but you will have trouble trading once you turn this off. Obviously if you have best gear in game, twice, there's no point in trading.

I would like to distinguish between PMs from randoms/friends/guildies though, I never know if a message comes from a guildie (in a big guild) or from a noob standing next to me. A slight variation on the shade of yellow might be enough.

you can turn it off and on.. just like disabled party invite option
as for the only friends pm.. also just an option.. friends/guild on or .. public pms on

maybe instead of just "friends pm" it should be "friends/guild" so you know its not just a random playerr pming you
i know the ppl on my friends list so thats not a problem, i dont randomly accept friends invites.

Instanthumor
01-17-2014, 12:42 PM

This could be useful.

inkredible
01-18-2014, 10:03 PM
This could be useful.

agreed

Allocate
01-19-2014, 02:11 AM
I second this.

This game already has the most un-intuitive chat system I have ever used.

Disable 'Friend Requests' too

Maunyabastian
01-19-2014, 04:41 AM
Just ignore that person who's trying to trade you. It's simple.
Honestly, I don't really need this "disable trade".

Allocate
01-19-2014, 05:16 AM
In another game, trade could be used to hack another player through an exploit. Luckily there was 'Disable Trade' option in the settings. You could still trade but both players would have to trust each other and enable the system.

There might not be an exploit now but you never know. For example, Sony thought they could never get hacked, a big powerful company could never be screwed with. Guess what Sony was brought down to it's knees; it's servers down for a month, tons of money lost.

You see, even a small exploit can ruin a big powerful company and if you have the chance to prevent that, I recommend you do so.

inkredible
04-21-2014, 09:23 PM
In another game, trade could be used to hack another player through an exploit. Luckily there was 'Disable Trade' option in the settings. You could still trade but both players would have to trust each other and enable the system.

There might not be an exploit now but you never know. For example, Sony thought they could never get hacked, a big powerful company could never be screwed with. Guess what Sony was brought down to it's knees; it's servers down for a month, tons of money lost.

You see, even a small exploit can ruin a big powerful company and if you have the chance to prevent that, I recommend you do so.

u know whats the funny thing is? a member of mine recently told me that exploit u told me about but.. i didnt believe him i thought he was just messing with me..
he did give me the persons name and wahtsoever but he said that his character just somehow randomly gave this guy his locked crates without any confirmation of trade lol..
almost hard to believe tho

Zylx
04-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Yes to the trade thing
No to the pm thing

Serancha
04-24-2014, 03:30 PM
If you put a player on your ignore list, they can't spam you with trade invites.